Recycling Emotions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he approached the city, he tried to focus on the other residents of Elkton. He recalled Rose's smile and her gentle eyes. He was glad she was in a place where peace reigned supreme; he knew she was happy and her husband and her daughter were beside her. Jake, Willie, and Tyler's features all rushed forward into his subconscious. He knew without a doubt Betty would be just fine and she would recover from the loss of her grandmother. Also, he knew that if she would open her eyes she would find a wonderful man in Tyler, even if he seemed too young and too immature.

Another face appeared, this one more his age; laugh lines creased her lips and eyes, and her grin was infectious -- Ella. He smiled softly at the memory of her voice and her willingness to listen to him preach about the environment and the need for change. He took a deep breath and tried to imagine the Preacher's daughter in his life. The warmth that pulled at his chest was different than the one he felt with Betty. Ella, she could be his future, where Betty was youth's fantasy -- a small chapter in his very rich and full life.

Epilogue:

Betty watched from her office window as Tyler walked out to greet Frank. She had seen the rental car pull up and had immediately known he was there to pay for the services as well as say hello and goodbye to her. She hadn't wanted to see him, so she opted to use his credit card information, write out his bill, and hand it off to Tyler for Frank to sign.

She saw him glance toward the window and knew he saw her, yet he made no movement toward the garage door. He signed the slip Tyler gave him, received his carbon copy and shook the young man's hands. They exchanged keys and Tyler watched, along with Betty, Frank - the environmentalist - drive away.

When Tyler walked back in, he handed the paperwork and the keys to the rental over to Betty. She saw the look of concern on his face and wondered what it all meant. She then leaned back and gazed upon him differently. He allowed her to look, and when their eyes met again, his were full of respect, need, and desire. She blushed, and sent him back to work, but her thoughts were slowly turning toward a future with a friend, not a stranger.

Frank had finished his dealings with Mike the car dealer and occasional renter of vehicles, prior to parking the Lincoln in Betty's lot. He had called Ella as soon as he'd left Philadelphia and was on his way to her home, where he would enjoy lunch and conversation with the woman and her father. He would have been lying had he said he wasn't curious as to Betty and her situation, but he was also being truthful to himself. Ella had occupied his days while the fantasy of Betty had occupied his nights.

He needed one more than the other. His days were lonely; his nights were consumed eventually by sleep. What if Ella could fill both areas in his life? Did he not owe himself that chance?

He pulled into the drive and watched as the woman opened the door to the house and walked out to greet him. He smiled warmly, embraced her in a gentle, but knowing hug, before walking side-by-side into her home, where he was greeted by her father. Immediately he felt peace and knew Betty and Frank Moretti, along with the world -- would be just fine, as long as everyone recycled emotions, instead of allowing them to be tossed aside and forgotten.