Reputation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't listen and I continued to do everything possible to get Triela's attention.

Angelo stopped taking notice of my frantic behavior. He reached his hands out and pulled Triela in front of me. "I have a surprise for you."

Triela's eyebrows furrowed and she gave a nod toward me, "Who's this?"

"This is your surprise. This is the man who tried to take you away from me. You didn't think I stopped investigating who did that, did you?" Triela stared intently at me as Angelo continued, "It was the Sicilians, they betrayed us."

A look of consternation came over Triela, "How so?"

"They agreed to letting you take over but were doing everything to stop it, including trying to kidnap you." Angelo pulled out a gun. "I talked to a couple of fake feds hired to try to get all the info they could about you after the kidnapping failed. But don't worry, they ain't goin' to be talkin' to anyone anymore." He put the gun in Triela's hand and forced her to grip it. "I want you to end it Triela. I know you're doin' this whole 'I want to be a better person thing', but you need to do this. For me."

Triela's stare became icy. I was crying now as I continued to struggle. Her arm raised, the gun stopping only a foot from my head. With the moment of truth at hand, all the muscles in my body tensed, my eyes clenched, and I shied away.

Triela let out an audible sigh, "I can't do it."

My eyes squeaked open in time to see her drop the gun.

"The deals off," Salvatore announced. "If she can't do something as simple as this... Antonio deserves a real woman."

"Deal?" Triela's eyes narrowed as she took a step back from Angelo. "What deal is he talkin' about, Fathah?"

Angelo put his hands on her shoulders, "Triela, the Sicilians are trying to push us out. So I decided that to save our livelihoods, our families would unite under a single banner. I had to do somethin' to get that coin counter outta your head."

"How did you find out about us?"

Angelo just looked at her. "I told you I talked to two dumb fucks who thought they could get the drop on us."

I went into a frenzy again.

Triela looked at me and then her father, "This better not be who I think it is." She tentatively took the steps to get in front of me and I calmed down with each footfall. Her hand flexed as she reached for the shroud. A moment later, my head was free from the encasing. "Oh my God, Troy!" Frantically, Triela gripped a pocketknife from her purse and freed me.

We embraced, each of us grabbing on tightly to the other as we dwelled on what could have been.

"Triela, come on. He is not good for you."

"I will never forgive you for what you almost made me do." Triela's eyes clamped shut and I felt her tears on my cheek.

Angelo took a deep breath, "I suppose every so often a man has to dirty his owns hands." I felt his gun being pressed into the back of my head.

"Before you kill me Mr. Giordano, can I ask why the Sicilian's would go back on their deal?"

"I don't fuckin' know." Angelo cocked his gun, "You'd have to ask them."

"Actually, I was asking Janet."

At the mention of her name, everyone turned to look at Janet. She put a hand to her chest. "Me? Why me?"

"Mr. Luciano, you didn't have anything to do with the attempted kidnapping of Triela, did you?"

"No," Salvatore appeared offended at my question. "If I had a problem with the broad, I would've just whacked her. Hell, I agreed for my son to marry her."

"You'll stand by that?"

"Absolutely."

"What's your point?" Janet seethed.

"My point is that you organized the plot to kidnap her. You left your keys in your office so she'd leave the building unattended. Then you tried to seduce me to break up with her. When that failed, you notified the Sicilian's of my and Triela's relationship. Everything you have done has been with utter contempt at Triela. Why?"

Salvatore had this evil glint in his eye, "Janet, is what he sayin' true? If it is, you better come clean right now."

Janet's head barely moved but she did nod. "I got the Sicilians to help with the kidnapping. They said they would because they wanted to 'see what I could do.' Then they turned on her when I let it known that she was in love with a Non-Italian." She then whimpered, "Papa, I wanted to show you I can be good for something. That I could do what you do. I figured if I take down the next head to the Giordano family, you'd be proud of me."

"Stupid Half-Breed," Antonio quipped. "Nothin' but trouble."

Salvatore turned and slapped Antonio. "It is because of you and everyone else runnin' their mouths, throwin' insults at her that this happened." He looked like he was about to hit him again but stopped. "Get outta here." He then turned, "Mr. Giordano, I would like to apologize to you and your daughter for these circumstances." Salvatore leaned down and kissed Angelo's ring. "Please allow me to get my house in order."

Angelo looked down on him, "I'll forgive these indiscretions only if you get the Sicilian's to go back to Sicily."

"Consider it done." Salvatore took two steps back before turning to face Janet. "Come on you, let's go. We've got a lot to discuss."

"Now it's my turn to finish what I started," Angelo put the gun back to my head.

"Fathah no!" Triela tried to push me out of the way, but I wouldn't let her. She was just too emotional to see it. I was really good at reading people and I was certain Angelo wasn't going to shoot me now. His eyes seemed to lack the killer quality he displayed earlier.

Angelo laughed, "Welcome to the family kid."

"Fathah?"

"We could always use a smart guy like him."

"But what about the Sicilian's?" Triela was nibbling her lower lip.

"Eh, it doesn't matter." He then nodded a little and looked like he might cry if provoked. If provoked, he would probably kill the people who saw him cry. He put his hand to his daughter's cheek. "It's not what my Lil' Bambina wants anymore."

"Then what about the family?"

"Don't worry about it. We're Giordano's. We ain't goin' nowhere. Nothins goin' to change."

Unlike Angelo, Triela did start crying, "Thank you Fathah." She wrapped him up in a fierce hug.

Angelo rubbed her back before turning her to face me. "Now go on," He gave a head nod, "Go start your life."

Triela collided into me, mashing her lips to mine.

"Hey, hey!" Angelo interjected. "Don't do that in front of me or I'll break both of his legs." He shook his head and as he departed added, "Don't forget to visit your old man once in a while. And you, Coin Counter, if you break her heart, I'll kill you." There were the killer eyes he can display.

We broke our embrace. I was gazing appreciatively at Triela. I can't believe we survived all this mayhem. Not just survived, but won. We were going to be together from now on. No more secrets. No more hiding. And no more breaking the law... I hope.

"Are you staring at my boobs?"

"Um, uh, what?" I stammered.

Triela smirked, "You really are a pervert." Then with an ear-to-ear smile and a head nod, she bounced toward the door. The nod was an order for me to follow. I couldn't wait to start my life with her so I readily complied. I guess orders with head nods are hereditary in the mafia. At least I got to watch her cute butt the entire time. I suppose I really am a pervert.