All Comments on 'Reunion'

by 33WastedYears

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautifully written.

But it's not much of a scene without context. We need just the tiniest bit of backstory to fully appreciate what happens. We don't even know why they would have behaved differently, a month earlier.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
who and why??

Who are these people?

Why should we care what they say or do?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderfully written but,

Without a context we don't know who or why these people are here; why are they consoling each other? Possibilities could be endless: did one or both stray, was there a death (of a child or other) that one or both couldn't cope with.

Rated it a 3 because without the context the story loses doesn't have meaning and, misses some feeling; I feel the author is trying to relay.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Incomplete

I have to agree with the others. It's a wonderfully written scene, but without knowing what went before (WHY would he have been running away? WHY would she have been calling 911?) and without knowing what has changed, it loses all meaning.

deferencedeferenceover 6 years ago
I relate

This resonated with me. I guess I projected the context based on the authors pen name: 33wastedyears. For me, its now 30 years. Still we stand silent.

33WastedYears33WastedYearsover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Deference.

The readers of Literotica are the best. I think you got what i was trying to say. The story of HOW they got here is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that they ARE here. Whatever happened to get them here happened. The important things are the emotions they are experiencing at a pivotal moment in both their lives, as the awkwardness (caused by whatever happened between them) morphs into a wordless reconciliation. It's just the key moment of an unlikely, difficult restoration. Forgiveness and understanding triumphed. That's what i wanted to write. Thanks for your insights, Deference. (Sorry about your 30 years. I feel your pain).

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanover 6 years ago
Nice, but unfulfilling

You write very well and communicated the thoughts you wanted nicely. However, from a readers perspective, you gave a look at a healing catharsis with us having no idea of the injury. How can we appreciate the impact of the moment without knowing the context? It lacks substance and depreciates the impact of the emotions of the moment for the reader.

As a negative example, would you feel the frustration, the "what a waste" or "you've got to be kidding" emotion watching the forklift carry the Arc of the Covenant in packing crate to be put on a shelf in a warehouse if you hadn't been along for the ride with Indie and knowing what he went through to get it for the government? That scene plays out the same, but you don't care because you and I never got ourselves emotionally involved in seeing him succeed.

Yes, these two accomplished what seemed to be impossible to them three years before, but the reader has no idea the extent or difficulty of the journey. We can't put ourselves in their place to see if we could have done that ourselves, or what we would have done differently. Allowing the reader to visualize themselves in the place of the characters invests them emotionally in the moment. You gave us the whip cream, but denied us banana cream pie that it was supposed to go on. Edible and enjoyable, but not nearly as much fun to eat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
HE'S A PUSSY AND WHATEVER SHE. DID BEFORE, SHE'LL DO AGAIN

This RAAC shit is just too much to take. Every time she goes out he'll think "who's she fucking now?"

She'll think; "what a stinking, pussy whippped turd. I can do anything or anyone I want and he'll over look it." It's just a matter of time before she does it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally

It was really good to read something that has somewhat of a happy ending. Finally.

LucasredLucasredover 6 years ago
Nothing happened

...And then a minute passed.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
In the end....

....all that is left is forgiveness.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 6 years ago
You Know

This was a decent moment in time. Now all we need is was led them to this point.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Heartache

This has so many potential possibilities about the direction this story could take. Well written but this is one of those stories the author could have given other writers an open invitation to continue it. Thanks for sharing 33WastedYears.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 Star - no comments necessary

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No way, not this time or any more times. His wife is a slut who can’t help being a continuous cheater! Run, Forest, Run!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well that was certain way stupid. Hearts don't change just because time passes. Communication doesn't happen in a vacuum, and certainly not with walls that are built up by the damage that people do. Walls have to be taken down by the people who built them, in order for others to be able to even approach. But when somebody at fault has built the wall, the person who has been hurt will not be walking toward the wall or even looking toward it. They'll be looking away or moving away from it. And then it's too late anyway.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous