Rich and Scott

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I thought you were afraid you were gonna hurt me," He said, over the almost too loud tejano beat of the song that was playing. "I was gonna wait till the beer loosened you up a bit."

"Loosened what up," I asked with the most suggestive smile I could manage on my face. I'm sure it was pretty sloppy, and possibly would have been a turnoff for most other guys, but I was already feeling pretty drunk the combination of colder and thinner air than I was used to at this time of year were really messing with my tolerance, so I didn't particularly care.

"Your hips," He said with a laugh. "I know what you're trying to do and I can see how drunk you are. Just so you know you can't give consent while you're drunk and I'm sober."

How could he see through my tricks. This had worked on so many people before, of course they might have been the type of people who didn't care about the laws surrounding consent. I wasn't sure what but something in my stomach and the middle of my chest felt like it was being pulled towards him. It wasn't physical rather it was metaphysical, and it scared the shit out of me, but for some reason I really liked it. "Well that guy Andrew was still trying to hit on me, even after we made it clear that we were on a date. So I just brought ylu out here.

The song ended and one of my favorite songs came on. Como un Huracán, by Los Huracanes del Norte. It was a slow song that reminded me of what I saw when I watched my aunt and uncle dance. As we started dancing I realized that some of the lyrics really fit with what I felt when I looked at Scott. Me encanta tu cuerpo, I love your body. Me gusta tu voz, I like your voice. tus labios me invitan tu boca a besar, your lips are inviting me to your mouth to kiss.

I realized that all of this could be chalked up to lust, but as I looked up into this beautiful man's eyes I knew that it was more than that. When the song ended I pulled away and saw confusion cross his features. I grabbed his hand and we walked back to our table and he sat down while I went back to the bar to get another beer. I left mine on the table and wasn't gonna chance trying to finish it.

When I got back to the table I smiled at Scott and he smiled back and we started talking. He asked why I pulled him off the dance floor, and why I had a worried look on my face.

"There is some metaphysical stuff in my past that seems to be resurfacing and I don't know what to do about it," I said watching his face to make sure he didn't think I was crazy. I chugged my beer after a few seconds of looking at him. When I put the empty bottle on the table in front of me I saw that Scott was standing beside me.

"You ready to go," he asked. He was smiling but there was something about him that said we need to leave now, there was an urgency to it too. I got up and he took my hand and we walked out of the bar.

It was quiet until we got to his truck, he opened my door and I got in and closed the door while he walked around and got in on the driver's side. The night was going so good and as always I had to go screw it up.

"Look just disregard what I said earlier. Matt and Toby tell me I talk about a bunch of stupid stuff when I'm drunk." I said in a hurry.

He just started the truck and took off I noticed that he kept looking in his mirrors. It wasn't until we were almost back to the highway that he finally said something.

"I don't think you're crazy, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the beer talking so tell me exactly what you are feeling on your metaphysical plane. But first I don't mean to sound so rude or blunt about this but what are you?" He said still looking a bit spooked and watching his mirrors as if he was expecting someone to be following us.

A thought suddenly occurred to me, "are there Hunters behind us?"

The Hunters were a group of families that hunted down supernaturals of all kinds from shifters and vampires, to incubi, and witches. The legend says that each family specializes in a few different supernaturals and that they drink the blood of their victims to strengthen their defenses against the creatures they hunt.

We were on the highway now when he finally answered me, "a couple of Demarco's were in the bar and when you started talking about metaphysics they perked up and looked at us so we left."

"Well to answer your question I am a Witch of Solomon's Heritage." I said not willing to give him more information than that. The Witches of Solomon's Heritage were rumored to be some of the most powerful and oldest witches, we were also the only witches who could wield the magic of Order, Solomon's Will. In my coven I dealt with necromancy and clairvoyance, I was pretty well rounded as far as spells went I could perform almost anything and could defend myself against a lot. My Uncle always told me not to reveal the true extent of my power in necromancy, because a lot of it is forbidden arts and vampires regularly killed the necromancers who got too strong. Not to mention Necromany was a chaotic magic, which most witches stayed away from.

He looked at me, "What disciplines? I might need your help if they are following us." I looked behind us and didn't see any headlights, but with Hunters you could never tell.

"Necromancy and clairvoyance, but I can use barrier magics and defensive spells as well. I shouldn't have any trouble defending us. Pull over and I will put a barrier up."

Surprisingly he pulled over and didn't ask any questions. He wasn't new to witchcraft that much was clear but what was he and how did he know anything about witches.

I was surprised to see him get out and stand beside me and even more surprised when he asked me what the spell was and said he would help.

"It's necromancy spell that will have the spirits confuse and disorient those who come go through with an intent to kill. The Hunters won't get through and it is subtle enough that they won't notice what's going on, unless they can use magic. At which point they can null my barrier and pass through." I explained and quickly told him the spell. "How good are you with necromancy? If it's not your primary magic then don't try it this requires a lot of energy to do right. It's a forbidden spell too."

"It isn't my primary magic so I won't try. But I can add Order to the spell. From the sound of it this spell can cause chaos, is that why it is forbidden?" Scott said, proving without a doubt that he had a Witch of Solomon's Heritage somewhere in his familu tree.

"Yeah, go for it but we really need to start if we are gonna get back on the road."

I started the spell while Scott drew his magic circle, when he got up and started the spell with me I read his circle and added his magic to mine and mine to his. I felt the chill that always came when I cast a spell of any kind. I saw Scott shiver beside me, and then the barrier was up.

Chapter 6

Scott

We drove back to Oasis City in silence. When we got into town I asked him if he wanted to go to my place or his.

"We need to talk about this if, they might track the energy back here. You and Matt need to know exactly what the Demarco family is and their specialty." I said trying to convince him of the truth. I got the feeling that he had never been hunted before and it saddened me that he had to go through it.

"Look I know most of the Hunter families in the East. I also know the Demarco family." He said, there was a sadness in his eyes that told me he had in fact been hunted before."I used to be a spy for my coven. My particular brand of clairvoyance made me one of the best witches for the job. So I know a lot about the Hunter families and their motives. The Demarco families specialty is Witches. They are the only Family in the U.S. who hunt witches because they are into cannibalism."

"The Demarcos specialize in vampires and ghouls, Why would they go after witches? And what do you mean they are into cannibalism?" I asked completely dumbfounded that he knew so much and even some stuff I didn't know.

"When A shifter is killed they revert to their animal forms right? When a Vampire is killed, they turn into shriveled pieces. When a Witch dies they stay human. The Demarcos found a way to take our magic into their bodies they can't use it but it protects them from most spells and other attacks."

He was so calm and rational talking about this, he sounded a lot like a-

"Were you involved in the Hunters War in the East?" I asked him. About 5 years ago there was a huge war in the Eastern U.S. Three types of paranormals fought against the Hunters there. If my suspicions were correct then that would mean that Rich was the General of the Spies, the Witches were called Spies. The war had wiped most of the Hunter families in that area out. We were outside his house now and I smelled something off. I smelled another shifter, and it smelled like a wolf. I looked around and locked eyes with Matt, I knew by the look in his eyes that he knew exactly what I was. The only reason. We could smell each other was because we were both experiencing strong emotions. I was shocked and scared while Matt was pissed.

"Come on. I think Matt wants to talk to us." I said getting out of the truck on my side and walking over to his side to open his door for him. He opened it himself and got down. I looked up to see Matt stepping off the porch.

"We need to talk, Scott. NOW!" Matt said.

I followed Rich and Matt into the house and sat down on the couch as Rich put up barrier spells around the house.

"What kind of Shifter are you? I've never smelled a cat quite like you," He said when Rich was out of earshot. "Not to mention you have the stench of death magic and the awesome smell of..." He trailed off.

"To answer your question I am a were leopard and my grandmother was a Witch of Solomon's Heritage." I said not seeing any reason to hide anything right now, we were all going to have to work together to stop these people. "When is Toby coming back? We will probably need him too.'

"So you weren't just talking about the Hunters?" He said going white in the face and then something happened and he seemed to change into an entirely new person. "Did they follow you? You need to help with the barriers if you can use Solomon's Will. The spells I feel are all strictly forbidden because of the chaos they summon to this world. Maybe if you add Order to it it will help it."

I realized with a start that I was probably talking to the General of the Heat. If that was true then I expected that Toby was probably the General of the the Damned of the undead.

"Already done. There is a circle drawn on a piece of paper in my pocket I am drawing from it and adding it to his energy. I don't think they followed us we put a barrier up on the highway that should stop anyone with the intent to kill," I told him quickly as I smelled the air searching for Rich. He was in the back so I went that way. "When will the other General be here? We can formulate a plan when he gets here."

"He should be here early tomorrow; how do you know who we are? We went by different names and everything." He said. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought over everything he knew about the leopards.

"One General will always recognize another one. No matter what you do to try to cover your tracks, before you ask I was an enforcer for my pard back when I had one. I am going to go help Rich set up the barriers." I told him, turning to walk to the back yard. He grabbed my arm.

I turned around and looked at him. "Are you gonna tell him that you are a shifter?" Matt asked quietly.

"Yeah, when the time is right probably after we wipe the Demarco family out."

His face turned red, and a smile spread across his face it was both gleeful and dangerous as if the man I was speaking with was no longer sane, I knew it was the Wolf smiling like that but there was no trace of the Wolf in his eyes it was all Matt there. We will need reinforcements. If they come and we kill them we will start an all out war with them. I don't know any of the paranormals around here so start contacting people ASAP!"

He pulled out his phone and started typing, I went to the back yard to help Rich with the spells he was casting. Matt was right without reinforcements we didn't stand a chance against the Demarco family.

Chapter 7

Rich

I felt Scott behind me but didn't stop the spell I was working.

"My phone is in my back pocket, get it and scroll through my contacts, find my uncle and tell him what's going on, he'll know what to do. After you get done with that you can tell me exactly what you are. And don't say that you just have witches blood running through your veins because then you wouldn't be able to use magic. I want the truth."

The spell was done. I quickly looked back to see what Scott was doing. He looked sad and defeated. For some reason I didn't like seeing that look on his face.

"Look you don't have to fight if you don't want to, Toby is our strategist. He will be going back to Georgia and to get people you can stay at his place. This isn't your fight it's ours. So go to Geor-"

"I'm not leaving. It's just that I don't know how to tell you what I am without making you mad. He said then he looked back down at my phone and started scrolling. A second later he was talking to my Uncle. I took a step away from the barrier so I could put another one up. This one of pure Chaos. It would drive people who weren't invited and had an ill intent in their minds insane. I felt something off with the spell. It was almost like someone was pushing...

"Are you pushing Order into my magic? Because this barrier cannot have order in it or else it will help those I'm trying to keep out get in." The feeling of Order went away and I felt myself descending into the Chaos.

When I did a Chaotic Spell there was always a little Chaos in my mind. But this spell could drown me in Chaos without an anchor I sensed a shifter coming up behind me and assumed it was Matt cradling my shoulders. I finished the spell and turned around to thank Matt and found Scott standing behind me.

The blood drained out of my face and his half smile quickly turned into a grimace as I used a spell to get him away from me.

"What kind are you?" I asked him when he had backed sufficiently far enough away.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Playing dumb is gonna bring you nothing but pain." I said "now tell me exactly what kind of shifter you are. NOW!"

"Leopard, I was going to tell you. How did you know anyway?"

"Think about it. Shifters are beings made from the Chaos left over from when the universe was created. I was casting a spell made from pure Chaos. I sensed you behind me."

As I finished Matt was walking out the back door.

Scott had a rejected look on his face and some part of me wanted to comfort him, while my mind was telling me to kill him. The Metaphysical connection I had with him from the first time I shook his hand grew stronger and drew me towards him. I felt like there was a breeze around me. And I felt like I knew this man better than I knew myself. Matt was about to cross the line between us when he was thrown backwards by some invisible force.

"This can't be happening, not now."

"What's going on?" I heard Matt saying, Why can't I get in between you two, and why are yall walking towards each other."

Realization dawned on his face and Scott looked confused, and scared as hell.

Chapter 8

Scott

"What's happening to me? Why can't I break this connection?" I knew my voice sounded just as frantic as I felt, but I really didn't care. My leopard was pushing me towards the man in front me. His mate.

"You're my familiar, but that's not possible. Solomon's line can't have familiars because he was made from Order and shifters are Chaos. I shouldn't be feeling this."

"What should I do?" I asked. My leopard screamed at me. It wanted to get to its mate and master faster and I wasn't going any faster than this.

"Just give in to your leopard or you will shift!" Matt said. "If you shift then it's all over your leopard will try to kill Rich, because it doesn't want a master so give in to your urges and move towards Rich. When you touch him it's important that you maintain control over your leopard."

I let go of the control of my speed and started running towards Richard. With each step i could feel the Bond growing stronger and my leopard didn't like it. When I finally got to Rich and touched him my leopard burst forth and I felt something cold and dead yet warm and full of life, run down his arm while my leopard ran up my arm. They met in the middle.

I was standing beside Rich while a furious battle was going in front of us. My leopard was fighting a man with a falcon's head on his shoulders.

"Is that-?"

"Ra God of the sun in Egyptian mythology. Yeah he is also my symbol apparently."

Ra shoved his spear and grazed the leopard's shoulder.

"How do we know who wins? Is one going to die?"

"If Ra kills your leopard then you and I will die as well but if the fight lasts long enough your leopard will submit to my Ra and we will go to my bedroom and complete the ritual by..." He trailed off leaving me to interpret his sentence how ever I wished.

We watched our symbols fight in silence. My leopard screamed and lunged at Ra he pinned him and went for his throat. Ra dodged sideways at the last second, and knocked the leopard off with an uppercut to the ribs. The leopard was off of him and then back on his feet.

He didn't attack though. I watched in awe as my leopard slowly padded to Ra and lowered his head in defeat.

We started walking forward at the same time me to my leopard and Richard to his Ra.

Chapter 9

Rich

When I walked up to Ra he looked at me and in a deep voice that echoed in my head thick with raw power asked, "do you know what to do?"

I looked at Scott who was kneeling beside his leopard and felt a swell of emotions: pride, love, lust, happiness, and a few others I couldn't put a name to. But what struck me was that I loved him. It couldn't be right considering that I hadn't known him long enough to feel this way. But it was there. The feeling of love and the thought that I would do anything for him and anything to protect him.

I looked at Ra, uncertainty showing in my eyes. "I know what to do. Part of me wants to but the other part of me wants answers. How can I have a familiar when the rest of my family and coven can't? Why am I feeling all these emotions when I look at this man when I have known him for all of 2 days, and how can someone who uses magic be a familiar to a witch?"

He put up a finger as if to say wait a minute.

"All in due time my child, now go seal the Bond, and erase these questions from your mind until we meet again."

As he said that my mind went blank. It didn't feel like mind control or anything more like the questions my mind was full of, were just gone. I went to Scott and pulled him off the ground, his leopard said something to him that I couldn't understand. When Scott looked at me his face was set with a very determined look.

He accepted my help and as soon as we touched we were in my backyard again. Matt was standing at the door.

"Well seeing as how you're standing in front of me now I can see that things went well between your symbols." He sounded relieved but not too happy. He came down the steps and gave me a hug. " I was really worried about you. We haven't known this guy long enough for me to know if the cat would beat Ra or submit- no offense dude," when he said 'the cat' his voice was icy and hard like he was pissed about something.

"None taken, and as you can see my leopard did submit. But we have to seal the Bond or my leopard's submission will have been for nothing." The last was said in a hard tone, as if he was challenging me to say I didn't want to do it. Or like he was challenging Matt to try to stop us.