All Comments on 'Runner Girl Ch. 11'

by DonnaBeck

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
MistrxCMistrxCalmost 9 years ago
Your stories make me a believer....

In the human spirit and its resilience. Your character development and storyline have me head over heals in love with each of them because they are realistic, normal and believable. I am hooked and cannot wait to see what you bring to the table in the future. Thank you for making these stories believable and intriguing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
They all stand out, but this one shines even brighter!

You just keep setting the "bar" higher...thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It just gets better

At the start of the last chapter I thought there was a whole chunk missing but then discovered that you were using a slightly different format, then again you do it in this chapter with Erin's journal.

This reads so well, I just enjoy your writing so much and I am disappointment that there are only two more chapters to come.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 9 years ago

The switch to Erin writing in her journal was excellent. I think this chapter ranks right up there among my all time favorites from any writer.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Impressive writing

DB, i am envious of how well you managed the switches between POV's. How well you continue to develop this storyline. How personable your characters are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank You!

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful story. I have enjoyed each chapter and I look forward to reading the next.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 9 years ago
Interesting and solid choice...

...having Amy's talk with the family happen "off camera".

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
Erin's Diary is wonderful

I like all of this, but I really liked the diary. It totally brought a smile. Thank you!

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago

John and Ed's talk made my eyes moist.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
A style full of sudden changes and all of them strikes

The father showed great analytic power swallowing the rape and not stopping in his

worries about his daughter. I wonder if we will have some commentary about the

rape from Andrea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just love your writing - thanks, you bring joy.

You deserve to feel smug!!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years ago
I'm way overdue to comment here!

Things got hectic for a little while, but now that I have some more time on my hands, I figured I should finish up my chapter-by-chapter commentary ...

I'm glad others seem to have appreciated Erin's diary as much as I did. Her voice is so honest and genuine that it pulled me much more deeply and intimately into the McGuinness family's world than if John and Amy had just shown up and had a few scenes of interaction with everyone.

As always, bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Probably your best chapter

You are one of my favorite authors here, I hadn't been to the site in several months so I was very happy to see a new story from you... but now I need to go back and read the other stories again! The journal and the man to man talk are just brilliant! Thanks!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
congratulations and thank you

you moved us out of the confines of the City. Dropped into the mix of "traditional" southern family. and let us view the person behind the persona.

We now see John as a guy, Amy as a daughter and sister, and the rest of her family as a support group.

ta love

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 7 years ago
John is gaining...stature with me?

Nothing quite like telling me what I want to hear? :+))

I'm not usually a consensus guy...

but Erin's diary and the wood-chopping scene?

I hope you're writing screenplays.

You're fully capable of it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDonnaBeck@DonnaBeck
1060 Followers
Hi Lit - readers, It has been suggested that I give the order of the trilogy; Subway, Flower, and Runner Girl. I have two short stories on here as well. I am currently writing erotica. I expect the new piece to be out around the first of the year. Thank you for your intere...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES