All Comments on 'Running in the Rain Ch. 02'

by Ken Nitsua

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
And...

There's gotta be more, right? Come on Ken, don't make me beg, Cal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
So?

I'm with Cal, gotta be more, huh? Maybe Barry's POV. I love how your people are multi-faceted, troubled, confused and not perfect. Just like real people. I am very interested in more about this esp after Four Friends. The fact that your characters are not perfect and flounder around emotionally makes their trials all the more poignant. Oh and hot too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
And?

Well written, but I still don't know what this story is about. Broken hearted, and if so, why? Why is he in so much pain? Is this story about loosing friends or loosing his "cherry" with a jerk that seemed to use him. I know nothing. Is this guy the type who gets turned on by taking the virginity of a straight guy, then moves on. Did our hero want a relationship with him, falling in love with him or wanted both --Patty and him? Is he just lonely, and if so, why doesn't he move forward? Is it that he's confused about his sexuality? What????? You left more questions than answers.

cheatingheartcheatingheartabout 18 years ago
End?

This can't be the end there is more right? I love your writing and I want more. I feel like I left hanging. Please write some more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Surely that can't be the end?

It was going so well.. and then it got sad.. and there was no counterbalance.. surely there'll be more? from Barry's POV? Please? Good story anyway, great writing.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsabout 18 years ago
No Complaints...

You'll hear no complaints from me, Ken. I loved the whole thing, from the first word to "END". I don't believe that every story must have a happy ending. As for it leaving more questions than it answered? Well, *sigh* it's true that there are many unresolved issues for these characters but there is nothing that says a story has to answer questions that it raises, that it can only be complete when all the issues are resolved to the reader's satisfaction. That's not to say that I wouldn't be very pleased to read more, to get that happy ending that I was denied, but I don't need it to fully enjoy what I've read.If you feel the story is complete then so do I. *kiss*

I thought that this was a wonderfully written piece...and yes, the sex was HUBBAH HUBBAH, REOW *lengthy wolf whistle* *panting* *biting my palm like Lenny from Lavern&Shirley* *cheeky grin* Seriously, darlin', very well written and muthah fuckin' hot as the Devil's drawers!! I'm definatly understanding more why 3113 told me you and I should collaberate. *chuckling*

31133113about 18 years ago
Running True to Form!

Wonderful story, Ken! I love the metaphor of how Sean, in peeling away the fat, starts to bring out his true self. I like as well that everyone seems to be running from something in this story, literally or figuratively. Sean is running from and then to his true self, Patti ends up running from him and the truth of their relationship to her true love, and Barry, in the end, goes opposite, running to and then away from Sean.

I will agree that you do leave open ended what happens to Sean and Barry once they both stop running...and if you ever care to write that story, I'll be most eager to read it.

Most especially, I like how, in the end, there is no more running from lonliness or loss of innocence for Sean. The friendship he had in childhood, that he hoped to have in adulthood, has run from him, both Patti and Barry. Likewise, the person he thought he was, or imagined himself to be, has been washed away--by the rain, by the sex and the tears. This is sad, but it is also cleansing, a baptismal of the self.

A wonderful mix of metaphors beautifully, alchemically merged into a great story.

justagirlathartjustagirlathartabout 18 years ago
Great read; I could relate

Some of us really are confused as to our sexuality and which sex we would really rather be with; I certainly went through my phase of bouncing back and forth, but finally settled on one male only and he lives with me now.

yeti8080kyeti8080kabout 18 years ago
Mmmm...

The story is fine as is. Unfinished endings are more interesting. I think there were character development potential, particularly for Barry. You left it ambiguous as to whether he's is a "use and discard" kind of guy or someone interested in a serious relationship. A more clearly contradictory and multi-faceted character would have made an intriguing read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Amazing

I wonder if you right real novels for a living! If not, plz get urself published!! You're an amazing writer! This story had everything, love, loss and GREAT, GREAT sex!

JRR Tolkien sed when u write u bare ur soul for all to see. U hav a beautiful soul! xx

~Elizabeth

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The End?

well written. very good story.

i guess, its time to start over. i like the stormy night ending. it reflects the turmoil that was going inside his head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wtf?

Great story, but is that seriously the end?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Cold and Wet

Its a beautifully writen story. The characters were well developed enabling me to feel their joy and pain. I really wish you would not have finished as you did, because along with Sean, I feel cold and wet. I want to cry with him, because I know that kind of pain, but I want to feel some hope for him as well.

j3zzaj3zzaabout 17 years ago
And he lived miserably ever after

That's a damn depressing ending after some GREAT sex and GREAT story telling...he can't even start running at the beach or something?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
different ending?

I hated the ending. Can you come up with something more happy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fantastic

I have to say, this is the first story I've read on this site that gets me right where it hurts. I love your story not for its heated moments in the bedroom but for its spot-on tensions and conflicts.

People have to realize that stories don't always wind down to a happy ending. The last scene - Sean naked on the porch in a torrential storm that clearly depicts what his life has become and the kind of conflict that rages inside of him - is something that's so natural, so *real*, that I commend the author for being able to take these thoughts and emotions and place them on paper. For many of us it is not easy to come to terms with who we are, if we even know this in the first place, and many fail to realize how easily it can all crumble into nothing.

The turmoil and pain Sean feels is one I can directly relate to, which is perhaps why I think this story is so amazing. Just thinking about it makes my eyes well up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
not all

Hi:

A passionate story. I loved the ending. In life, not all stories end in smiles; your story mirrors that reality. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sad, but it's your story

You are a great writer, Ken, and I love this story. About how a guy changes his physical image and winds up changing his whole life. I will admit that I'm a sucker for happy endings, but it is your story and it is wonderful regardless. I won't rate low just because this is the ending I would write. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
impressive

i absolutely loved your story. i've got to admit that i shed a tear, which is not something i usually do on the literotica site. you're a great writer, please keep them cumming.

hrefnadrakishrefnadrakisalmost 15 years ago
This was...

wonderful. Sean was so... real. His confusion, his intnesity, and his pain at the end of the story, I cried for him. I can't help but wish the ending had been happy, but then, I'm a sucker for a happy ending. You did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wow!

Not used to real decent writing in these stories. It felt good to read this. It felt real.

Amorata49Amorata49over 13 years ago
Fantastic!

The characters were so real I could almost hear them breathing and they acted as real people would. I sure hope Sean gets past this, picks up the phone, and calls Barry. The two of them are a perfect fit. Perhaps a sequel? Hmmm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
So very heartbreakingly sad

this is so sad! Please write another part where Sean finds a man. Nice writing though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very sad.

Great story.

Evie_grapesEvie_grapesabout 9 years ago
where's the next chapter?

Urm so that's the end?...

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaabout 9 years agoAuthor
Yes...

...that is the end. Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I think this is as rral as it get. Things dont alwasys work for the best, i feel so sad for him .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ummm no thank you

Your an amazing writer. You're definitely a great writer but I don't come to Literotica to get my nut and then be depressed because someone wanted to be Edgar Allan Poe for a night. Shitty ending wish I wouldnt have read it. Not gonna be reading any others of yours. i respect its your work but as a reader I dont want misery when Im trying to cum. Sorry man

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dang

Why end it like that? It had the makings of Hallmark Movie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKen Nitsua@Ken Nitsua
792 Followers
Thanks for your continued support and feedback after all of this time. I’m still trying to write and hope to add more stories in the coming months. The Steelman Tales, a full-length novel, is now available as a Kindle book from Amazon. It incorporates five stories that were f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES