Sam Spade 15: The Mystery of the Black Rose

Story Info
Sam finds out where black roses come from.
14.6k words
4.86
4.8k
2
0

Part 19 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2016 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: Special thanks go to Lady Darkness and mjm for their help and use of their characters in this story.

*

I was on my way to old town to meet with a vampire to pay for a favor I received in the past while hiding out. Arianne, Lady Darkness, and obsidian with a little o had helped me more than once and anytime they called on me, I would come. Now Angela, Marie and I were on our way to an undead bar because of a note saying it was time to pay from Lady D. She included a rose to remind me of our night of bliss together as if I could have forgotten.

As we drove I pulled the rose from my hair, took a sniff of it and placed it in Marie's hair. Mentally I said to Angela, "Sorry I didn't get two, one for you too."

"It's okay Samantha. She needs to know of your love more than I do." Angela's mind replied to mine. Aloud she said, "That rose looks lovely in your hair little sister." She smiled and after a moment Marie giggled.

"Okay what's the joke I am missing on?" One thing I never understood was that while all my slaves were telepathic with each other, I could only talk to Angela, Heather and Jasmine mentally.

"May I show you goddess?" Marie asked.

"Okay I'm game... show me." Before my eyes she slowly shifted and took on the look as if she were wearing a red latex mini dress, opera length fingerless gloves, thigh high black latex hose, and high heels. Finally her black hair turned red to match the dress. She looked as I did when I first put on latex with the exception of the black rose.

"Does my dress meet with your approval goddess?" Marie asked.

A moment later Angela said, "Does she remind you of anyone?"

"Yes," I replied softly.

"You wanted a daughter from us. Here is your chance to have one with Frankie and she is well named." Angela thought to me. She paused and looked at Marie before continuing mentally, "She is my little sister and through my love for you and Frankie would like to think of her as a daughter with you. Can she be our daughter Samantha?"

I was mind blown. I had wanted to have Angela's child but neither one of us could have children. I reached out one hand to take Angela's and the other to take Marie's. "Marie, Angela and I would like to consider you our daughter." I bit my lip as I realized she might not want that deep a bond. What would I do if she said no...

Lowering her head Marie was scared. She didn't fear Angela or the goddess she was afraid she would fail them. She heard Angela say mentally, "Say yes." "Yes mother, I would be honored to be your daughter." She raised her eyes to meet the goddess's and added, "I pray I never fail you."

"Even though you are my daughter Marie, you must learn as an equal to your sisters. Being our little girl, does not mean you are better than anyone else." I said tenderly to her. I reached out and caressed her face, "However I would be pleased if you addressed me as mother instead of goddess."

"Hey what about me?"

"No Angela you cannot call me mother and that's final," I replied with a smile. Mentally I added, "How she addresses you is up to you."

Angela smiled in return and looked at Marie, "Marie, I take you as my daughter though our goddess." Mentally she asked, "Goddess my love and mate, can we not bring her to the same point as Heather and Jasmine?"

I thought for a moment and mentally nodded. My mind flowed into Marie's and as I made the changes in her I felt Angela join in. I cautioned her against using anything new until Angela or I taught her. "However you can talk to me, Angela, Heather or Jasmine no matter where any of us are."

Two minds joined us three and we felt them rejoicing. A second before Heather spoke the same thought, Jasmine said, "Welcome Marie. I am glad our goddess has taken a daughter with our sister."

"Yes welcome sister. You can consider me as your sister and friend. If there is anything I can do to help you please say so. May I continue goddess?" Heather suddenly asked unsure of herself.

"Yes dear, say what you and Jasmine are both thinking."

"Marie, all eight of us who have been with the goddess from the start were planning to have daughters with her. Angela was to be the first but I... No we would be honored if you would consider us..." Heather faltered unsure of the words to use.

"Marie, we would be honored if you considered us as step mothers," Jasmine said.

Marie looked at me for guidance and I nodded, "I would love to think of you as step mothers for lack of a better term," she replied mentally to them.

The feelings of love and joy were almost too much to bare and I only hoped it would last. "Heather please spread the word that I have taken a daughter, Marie, though Angela." I said through the link we five had. I sent a private message to her, "You can let the four and the four ponies know that Marie did not have a name before. After they freak out, add that even though she is my daughter now, it does not change their punishment in anyway."

"I will goddess," she replied to me. "Should I allow them to join in the mantra?"

"No..." I paused and then added to all five without thinking, "If I am alive tomorrow, I will deal with it."

Four voices, two in my mind and two aloud asked as one, "What do you mean if you are alive?"

"I made a deal, I will pay the price," I said mentally to them. "If it is my death then I pay it to protect my family. We will see what we will see girls." I let go of their hands and pulled Marie's head down to my lap. Looking at Angela I said aloud, "She saved us Angela, I owe her."

"I wasn't disagreeing Samantha," Angela said aloud. "You know I would gladly pay any price your mother or Lady Darkness asked." Her eyes cut down to Marie's and added, "No matter what happens, I will raise your daughter and teach her all you have taught me."

"Mother, are you really going away?" Marie asked not moving.

"I don't know baby, I don't know." I replied. Just then the car beeped telling us that it needed directions. Once it parked I said, "It's time," I opened my door and got out with Marie following. She was holding the shotgun as if she was waiting for a skeet shoot. Once Angela joined us we walked down the darken street to the bar. Taking a deep breath I went inside with the two behind me.

Instead of only a few people there like last time, the bar seemed nearly full. After a quick glance around I moved towards one of the semi private booths in the back. You could cut the feeling of hostility towards us with a knife. A young, woman came over and said, "May I take your order?"

"A bottle of bourbon and three glasses," I said.

Before the woman could leave Angela added, "And an order of blood pretzels."

I watched as the woman went to the bartender he looked at me for a long moment before pulling out a bottle and basket of pretzels. The woman returned with a tray and placed the bottle and glasses down. She then looked at Angela and put the basket of pretzels before her. As I reached for the bottle she placed her hand over mine and said, "You have to pay first."

I looked at Angela and she pulled out a wad of cash. Pulling off a one hundred bill she said, "That should cover it."

The woman reached for it and I stopped her, "I am looking for Lady Darkness. Have you seen her tonight?"

"No..." the woman replied in a soft voice. "You should drink and go... your kind is not welcome here."

"You must not know me, us..." I nodded to the bartender who was watching us and added, "He does and he knows that no one tells me where I can and cannot go."

"Run along little girl and pray you don't piss the goddess off." Angela added. The waitress looked at her as if she wanted to call her a bitch but bit her tongue and left. We watched as the waitress moved from table to table stopping each time for a moment or two before moving on. She finally went to the bar and handed the bartender the C note. They talk back and forth with each exchange between the pair becoming more animated. Finally she stalks off. "Nothing like a low profile," Angela said with a grin.

"The first one is mine," I said as I poured the bourbon. Mentally I added to Marie, "Take small sips while appearing to drink deeply."

She giggled and lifted her glass. From my vantage point beside her it looked as if she drank a large gulp and messed with her hair and the rose in it. When she set the glass down it was about half empty. "Like that mother?"

"Yes but tell me you didn't drink all of it." I replied.

"I poured it out." She said mentally while giggling aloud. One hand reached down to caress a breast and came up wet. She sucked on it and smiled mentally to me.

"Good girl," I said softly aloud. "Oops here comes our first play mate," I said catching sight of a large man staggering towards us. I waited until he reached the table and smiled at him. Before he could speak, I shot a leg out and caught his knee from the side and dislocating it. He let out a howl and went down. Looking down at him I said, "Why don't you go crawl back into your coffin fang boy. You're nowhere tough enough." His buddies from the same table got up and started our way. Angela made as to get up but I stopped her. "It still my party. You two are only if I get in over my head."

Angela looked at Marie, "Daughter, get ready your other mother is about to get in over her head."

I shot her a look and received a tongue stuck out in return. Standing to one side as they approached I looked at the three young and equally as large as the first vampire. "Well boys, shall we do this the easy way or the hard. You can drag your drunken friend off or I can do the same to you." I looked around the bar, "Any other of you fang boys want to join in? I just assume get the fighting out of the way first so we can drink in peace."

"Yep about to get in over her head," Angela's voice said behind me and Marie giggled.

"We don't need any help dealing with food," one of the men said.

I smiled as I shifted to my true form, "I like to see you try it." I spread my wings and said in a voice filled with power, "I could take you, all here and make you mine." I started filling the air with fear as my voice added, "Would you like that?" They backed up with wide eyes and would have fled had I not stopped them with a commanding voice. After showing my power over them I added, "Now leave and take your friend with you." They grabbed him and dragged him out. I turned my attention to the waitress and pointed to the ground before me. She walked woodenly to me and sunk down with her head to the floor.

"You are not worthy," I said finally. Shifting back to my human form I sat back down and looked at Angela with a smile. After a moment the waitress whimpered. "Get up and leave us alone. From now on judge not anyone you meet." I said finally when she didn't get up. After she left I looked at Marie, "Marie, sometimes all you need is a show of force."

"And sometimes all it does is bring down the house on you," Angela said softly standing and moving in front of Marie and I.

"Aww shit," I said softly. Other than the waitress and bartender, every man and woman in the bar was headed our way. I started to get up but Angela said mentally to let her try first.

Holding her arms out to the sides with her palm's up, Angela said, "Please don't do this. The last thing I want is to start a race war on the first night out with my daughter and our goddess." She caught a smile on the bartender's face and added, "Do you really want to see this place destroyed? We are just waiting for someone and once the Lady arrives we will go."

One man moved forward ahead of the other and said, "This Lady you speak of, tell me more."

"Lady Darkness? What do you want to know? She dresses like a pirate has a mean sword and knows how to use it. Her daughter Arianna looks about like the goddess there and she runs around with a woman named Obsidian." Angela said. "Finally she and the goddess are friends and have saved each other's lives countless times."

"You forgot. It was Obsidian with a little o Angela," I said with a smile.

"Angela?" The man asked. He peered at me and said, "You must be Samantha Spade." He looked at the mob and said, "She's okay." Turning towards us he bowed, "I am called Blaine."

"I know that name, you run the Lady's house. Right?" I said. When she was missing I happened to meet him in passing. "I wasn't aware you got out much? Please join us," I said gesturing for him to have a seat. It only took a glance towards her for the waitress to hurry over. Angela sat down and slid over making room for him to sit next to her.

"Molly could you be a dear and grab my blood wine?" He asked. She glanced at me and I nodded before she rushed over to another table. She returned a moment later with a glass of deep red wine. Setting it down before him she looked at me once more and then fled. "Don't be too hard on Molly, she is young yet." He looked at Marie and smiled, "And what is your name my lovely?"

"Marie," Marie said softly with just a hint of a blush.

"Well my sweet Marie, if you ever want to see my world and can lose the chaperones', let me know." Blane said with a smile his fangs flashing. He sipped his wine before turning his attention to me, "Well Miss Spade, Angela said you are here to see the Lady. I am sorry to disappoint you; she and her chider are out on the west coast."

"How odd," I replied. "She left me this..." I searched my pockets and pulled out the note. "Not an hour ago."

Marie pulled the rose from her hair and handed it to me as she asked, "Was this with the note mother?"

"Yes dear but Blane can see it already in your hair." I replied as I took it out of her fingers and replaced it in her hair.

He was staring at me in shock and once our eyes met he quickly turned his attention to the note. After a second he passed it back and said, "It seems someone wanted to draw you here Miss Spade and get the lady out of the way." He looked towards Marie once more before looking back at me, "That the rose was left with it shows... Pardon me if I cross a boundary... The rose is a...She has claimed you as a lover."

Suddenly the night we spent together came up in my mind. Her scent her taste filled me and I felt myself become wet. Only the sound of Marie mewing in pleasure beside me brought me back to the present. "Oops," I said mentally as Angela rolled her eyes. I caught sight of Blane's smile and said, "It was a really special night we had together."

"Coming from a succubus that is high praise. Also, if your daughter's reaction to your pheromones is any indication, she should have sold tickets." Blane replied dead pan. He paused and then said, "As I said before the Lady is on the coast so she couldn't have sent the message. Other than some high spirited chiders, I don't see any threats here for you and none would dare use an elder's name without her permission."

"Thank you Blane. When you see the Lady would you tell her I dropped by to show off my daughter."

"I will and," he handed the note back, "and mention her little love note to you. Unless I miss my guess, she will follow it up from this side." He looked at Marie and added, "Even if she doesn't, I will. It gives me a chance to visit with a sweet smelling rose I know."

He stood took his glass and returned to his table. Angela looked at him and then towards Marie, "I think he is sweet on you Marie."

"I think anyone would be sweet on our daughter Angela," I replied. "What do you think?"

"I think you should have a few words with our waitress," Angela said. "Though undead, she can be of some help."

Looking around I saw her watching us and looked at her and pointedly at the empty seat next to Angela. I only had to return my stare towards her before she came over with her head lowered. "Have a seat Molly," I said softly.

Before I could ask anything Angela said, "What house do you belong to?"

She seemed shocked that Angela would speak but looked at her and replied with pride, "None, my own holding." She looked towards me and dropped her eyes, "At least I used to have my own holding. Now I wait only for the coming dawn."

"Mother... Goddess, is she saying she is going to kill herself?" Marie asked.

"Wouldn't you in her place? She has been judged unworthy by a living god." Angela shot back looking at me.

Without saying it, both were telling me in their own way to fix what I did to her. Aloud I said, "Do not do that Molly. Instead you will belong to my house if you can live in a house with nearly fifty warm blood sisters. You would not be allowed to drink from any belonging to me. However you would have them to teach, love, and protect you from all comers." I paused and reached out to take her cool hands in my warm ones. "Give yourself to me unconditionally."

"I am yours in all ways until the sun winds down," she said looking me in the eyes.

"I accept you as one of mine Molly. Forever will I give all I have to protect you, just as you would for me."

From beside me Marie said, "Welcome home sister."

"Yes welcome home," Angela said softly. Turning her attention towards me, "Speaking of home..."

"Yes," I stood and offered my hand to help Marie up and then helped Molly stand. Last one up was Angela. I walked with the three following me and said to the bartender, "Molly is taking the rest of the night off." She stripped off her apron and tossed it to him. Together we four went out and down the street. Not surprising the car was gone. "That's one way to clean the parking lot at home," I said with a smile.

"Guide Marie and I will bring Molly." I said mentally to the pair. Aloud I pulled Molly in a hug and said trust me."

Her pale blue eyes looked into mine as she replied, "I do goddess."

With her reply I thought of the play room and we appeared there. Kneel and wait dear. There are still two steps for you to take." Mentally I said, "Marie please come to the play room and keep Molly company." Even before I had a chance to take a step away, Marie appeared and knelt down facing Molly. In her own honey sweet voice she said, "Let me teach you a mantra that the goddess has given us. It brings peace to the heart and soul."

"My heart is dead and soul is damned sister," Molly said with a lowered head.

"No sister, it is only sleeping and our goddess owns your soul. You have walked into heaven; you have yet to see it." Marie said reaching forward.

I stopped at the door and watched as Marie took Molly's hands in hers before speaking softly. I was surprised when Molly's lips moved in time with the chanting I heard in my head from Marie's mind. Going to my bedroom I took my hat off and set it and trench coat in the closet. I removed my pistol and finally placed the note on the bookcase. There, I removed one of the two masks there and returned to the play room. Walking over I mentally said, "That's enough for now daughter. Though please wait."

Marie stopped chanting and said aloud, "Sister, the goddess is ready."

Molly opened her eyes and looked up at me, "How may I serve you goddess?"

I offered a hand and helped her up. "While words are nice, this is part of your formal submission to my will. Place this mask against your face." She took it and without looking away from me placed it against her cold pale skin. "As this mask sinks in and bonds with your skull and mind, as does your submission grow until you can never betray or hurt me or new sisters." It sunk in and her eyes closed a moment later they opened and she said softly, "I am yours in all ways. Please allow me to serve your pleasure."