Sandy and Brad Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rugrat60
Rugrat60
106 Followers

Brad chuckled. "She just smiled," replied Brad, "and said good for you. And your parents?"

"Mom gave me a hug," replied Sandy. "Dad sternly warned me about wrestlers and their wandering hands."

"So you never told him about your wandering hands?"

Sandy smiled. "He'd have grounded me for the year."

"So," began Brad, "How's he feel about me now? Us being together?"

"You know he likes you, Brad."

Brad snorted. "How can I tell? He hardly ever spoke to me."

"Remember before you deployed last year?" replied Sandy. "You were over for the family cookout."

"Yeah." Brad hugged Sandy. "Your Dad and I sat there and he gave me a beer. We talked a bit."

"My Dad never has a beer with someone he does not like." Sandy laughed. "Then he drove you home cause you had four beers by the time you two were done talking."

"And Brad, just so you know, my Dad gave me the security deposit for our apartment," stated Sandy. "He said he wanted us in a good place. Helped me move too."

"Guess he does like me."

"More than just like, Brad." Sandy leaned against him. "When your parents came over to tell me what happened to you. It really bothered him. Then we all sat down for dinner."

Brad snuggled closer. "They really liked you."

"My parents yours too," added Sandy. "You know the deck on the back of the house?"

"Yeah," replied Brad. "I do."

"My dad redid the steps so there's a ramp for a wheelchair," explained Sandy. "Your Mom and Dad were not sure how bad your injuries were going to be. They knew you had lost your right leg. And that your left was in bad shape. My Dad figured a ramp would be the easiest for you." Sandy sighed heavily. "Brad."

"Yes?"

"Your parents then told me as we had dinner, they had bought three round trip tickets so I could fly over with them to see you."

"They really like you," stated Brad. "Liked you."

"After the doctor told us what had happened," said Sandy. "He explained your injuries. And why you were sedated. He said physically you would recover. But they were not optimistic if you had brain damage. They had to wait for the swelling to go down."

Sandy leaned against Brad. "After the Doctor left your Mom stepped over to your bed and took your hand. She was wonderful." Sandy smiled. "She said simply. Brad we're here. Me, Dad and Sandy. We are all here. Now you listen to me, Bradford Allan. You're hurt but you will be coming home to us in time. Your job right now is to get better. To heal. And we will be waiting for you to come home. Sandy too. She's here now, Brad. She has come to see you."

Sandy chuckled. "Then your Mom pulled me over to stand beside her. I had no idea what to say."

Sandy took Brad's hand. "Your Dad stood on my other side and said and I quote, 'Sandy, just tell Brad how you feel. He'll know.' Then he kissed my cheek."

Sandy sniffed. "So I did. I told you I loved you and I wanted you to come home to me. To come home to all of us." With tears running down her cheeks she added. "And now you're home."

"And Brad," continued Sandy, "Not once did your Mom or Dad ever doubt you would be coming home."

Leaning against Brad, Sandy continued. "I remembered from High School. You came to my matches." She chuckled. "Brad, you were there at every tennis match. You where even at that match with Kaitlin Brown when I lost. You even came back with another drink after I dumped the first one over your head."

Brad chuckled. "Well ... it was getting rather warm on the court that day."

"Warm! I was boiling over," stated Sandy. "But you came back, Brad. You came back to me. You handed me that second drink. And I remember you looking at me. You weren't even angry. You gave me that silly smirk of yours. I was there thinking I had lost the match and that I had lost you. I lost my best friend cause I got angry over losing a stupid tennis match. I just didn't know what to do."

Sandy looked at him for a long moment. "And you came back to me and smiled. Then you kissed me on the cheek in front of everyone there. You let me know that you still cared. You showed me you were a real gentleman and that you had class. Not just to me. But to everyone there."

Brad snorted. "I don't know about class. I just wanted to show you I was not mad at you. And that you were still my friend."

Sandy chuckled. "What would you have done if I had dumped that second drink on you?

"Actually, I had thought about that," replied Brad. "As I walked towards you."

"You did!" exclaimed Sandy, looking at him.

Brad nodded. "Well, I figured I still had enough money for two more drinks. And still buy us lunch."

Sandy smiled. "Then you handed me my racquet and told me to go take her down."

"Then you won that match and the next," added Brad.

"I won because of you, Brad."

Brad looked at her. "I did not want to loose you, Sandy." He shook his head slowly. "Not over a stupid drink. I cared so much for you. I still do. The drink on my head was nothing. You were everything to me. You still are." He smiled slightly. "You still are, Sandy."

Sandy smiled. "Just like I had to see you. I had to go to Germany." She paused and looked at him. "Sometimes," Sandy whispered, "I would sit and read to you." She sniffed. "And hold your hand."

"What?" asked Brad.

"What?" asked Sandy, looking confused.

"What, did you read," asked Brad.

Sandy smiled and began to giggle. "The old classics. 'Robinson Crusoe,' 'Swiss Family Robinson,' 'The Count of Monte Cristo' and 20,000 Leagues ... "

"Wait," interrupted Brad, looking at her in surprise, "why those books?"

"I found them in your collection," replied Sandy. "Back in school you told me you liked them. And I have never read them."

"So you flew all the way to Landstuhl just to read books?"

"Actually no," replied Sandy. "Well ... when I went to see you, I read the books aloud. I read to you. And the guys in the ward listened in. Helped them too. Helped to pass the time." She took a deep breath. "But I was reading to you, Brad. Trying to reach out to you. Letting you hear my voice." She smiled as she wiped her eyes. "I was just trying to let you know I was still there for you."

"Sandy, thanks," stated Brad.

Sandy looked at Brad for a few moments. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"Better you know now," he stated. "About my injuries."

"Okay, Brad," replied Sandy as she took his hand. "I know about your legs."

"Okay," replied Brad. "Then I'll tell you how."

Sandy nodded.

Taking a deep breath, Brad let it out as he turned to her. "It was our usual early morning patrol," began Brad, "along a road we used to truck supplies and troops out to the remote camps. They usually planted the IEDs along the roadside for the trucks." He shook his head as he sighed. "We had a disposal team with us. A Marine and his sniffer dog. They found three hidden IEDs on the route. All placed on the right side of the road where the tires would ride."

"So," stated Sandy, "you stepped on one on the left side."

Brad smiled as he shook his head. "I might be a Jar Head, but I ain't stupid."

"Brad," stated Sandy. "I never thought you were stupid. Silly at times, yes." She shook her head. "But never stupid."

Brad hugged her. "No," he stated. "That trick was fairly new. At first it was on different sides staggered along the road."

"Changing their tactics," muttered Sandy.

Brad nodded looking at her. "We covered the road," continued Brad. "Both sides. The middle. We very were though. You have to be. That IED must have been different. Not even the dog picked up on it. And that IED must have had a faulty trigger. Or maybe a double trigger." He shook his head. "Private Daws was ahead of me and he must have stepped on it. I was about four paces behind him. I put my foot right where he had stepped. That's something you learn quick. Foot prints usually indicated a good spot to step."

Brad closed his eyes as he continued speaking. "I never heard it go off." He shook his head. "Next thing I remember was flying through the air. And landing hard." He opened his eyes and looked at Sandy.

"Never felt the pain either. I was numb." He touched the right side of his head above his ear. "I got hit with something real hard. Cracked my skull. The doctors in Germany think it was like a steel ball bearing." He looked at Sandy for a moment. "I guess being thick headed paid off for once." He sighed. "At a different angle it might gone and – punched right in."

"I might have lost you." Sandy leaned against Brad and hugged him. "What about not feeling any pain?"

"The docs in Germany said that's normal. Happens sometimes."

Sandy hugged him tighter. "How about now?"

"My left foot," replied Brad. "Still have feeling in the arch and about the ankle. Not much more. Muscle aches. Nothing else."

"Okay," stated Sandy. "So we check your foot and legs every day."

Brad took another deep breath. He turned and looked into her eyes. "The last thing I remember from the field was Gipper telling me he had me."

"Gipper?" asked Sandy.

"Navy Corpsman James Reagan," replied Brad. "Our medic. Gipper, his nickname. He saved my life out there. Kept me from bleeding to death."

"I remember him from your letters." Sandy snuggled closer to Brad.

"After that," Brad paused and shook his head. "It's a blur," stated Brad. "Until I really woke up in Germany." He looked at her. "Then they told me what had happened. You were there for that."

Sandy held his hand a little tighter.

"Sandy, I lost my right leg from above the knee," he said. "Artificial from just above the knee, the lower leg and right foot. All plastic and metal." Brad looked at her. "My left leg was badly torn up. Lots of nasty wounds and scars. Lots of metal holding the bones together. Got some pins in both arms too." Brad looked at her. "I still get tired easy from walking. But the doctors think that will improve as I do more. And build up my strength again."

"We'll take it slow, Brad," stated Sandy. "And I'll not be far away."

"What about your next tour?"

"Simple," replied Sandy. "You're coming with me. If you would like to." She looked at him.

Brad smiled and nodded. "I'd like that." He then took a deep breath and looked away.

"Brad, what are you not telling me?"

"The scars run up both legs," stated Brad. He quickly glanced at her, then looked away again.

Sandy asked softly, "What is it, Brad?"

Brad took a deep breath. "I don't know if it," he looked down at his crotch, "still works." His head lowered some. "I was told they did some repair work." He glanced at Sandy. "I just don't know." He took another deep breath as he turned away. "And I was told the chances of ... of having children ... is very doubtful."

Sandy leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Children can wait for a bit. As for the rest." She turned his face towards her. "That is something we can solve together. Together, Brad. What ever the future has for us, it will be us together."

"I remember you telling me that you wanted at least two. A boy and a girl."

"Bunk beds three high," giggled Sandy. "Times two."

"That's right!" Brad shook his head. "Six rug rats."

"The Cassidy Platoon," declared Sandy.

"I knew I loved you for a reason," stated Brad. "But, Sandy, what if I can't..." His voice faded.

"What part of we'll solve this are you not getting?" asked Sandy. "When you're ready. We try." She placed her right hand on his chest. "If nothing comes from that." Taking her hand from his chest she gestured towards the window in the far wall. "There's kids out there without parents. Too many."

Brad glanced at the window then back at Sandy. "Adopt?"

"It's one option," replied Sandy. "There's others too. But enough serious talk for now." She looked at him. "Lets get you comfortable."

Brad smiled. "Okay."

"Do you want to shower before we eat?" Sandy gave him a wicked smile. "Wait until you see the shower. It's a walk in. Big enough for two."

"I might rust."

"Rust!" Sandy began laughing. "Since when does stainless steel rust? Any way I had some safety bars put in for you, Brad. And non-slip floor tiles. I even got a real heavy plastic chair in case you wanted to sit down while you shower." She stood up and moved in front of him. Extending her hands towards Brad. "Time to get up and get you undressed."

"Undressed?"

"What else do you with a Marine that's just come home?" stated Sandy.

Brad smirked. "Get him undressed."

"Yeah!" Sandy smiled. "And no matter what, Brad. I'm here to stay."

Brad reached up and took both of her hands. "You have a good strong grip."

"I play tennis, remember. Can't have the racket go flying. They sort of frown on that." Sandy looked down at Brad. "And, Brad. I'll never let you go."

Brad looked up at her and sighed.

"I can't walk away, Brad." She shook her head. "Not from you. Not ever."

Sandy stepped back slowly and pulled Brad up to his feet. "You okay?" she asked as he wavered a little and she quickly stepped in to wrap an arm about him.

"I still get tired easy. Dizzy sometimes when I get up too fast."

"Then slow and easy," stated Sandy wrapping an arm around him, supporting him. "We are defiantly eating in tonight. No reason to push yourself. That is if you want to stay in?"

"Maybe tomorrow we can walk a bit," suggested Brad. "Have lunch out somewhere."

"Sounds good," replied Sandy. "And I promise to be gentle with you."

Brad snorted. "That's suppose to be my line."

Sandy giggled as they moved towards the bedroom. She asked, "How was your flight?"

"Surprising," replied Brad.

"Really!" stated Sandy. "How so? Which one?"

Brad stopped and looked at her. "When I boarded the plane in Germany, I was walking through First Class, hobbling actually with the cane, when this older guy in a three piece business suit stood up before me and asked were my seat was?"

"How come?" asked Sandy.

"He swapped seats with me," stated Brad. He shook his head. "He said I deserved First Class. Then he went back and sat in coach."

"How nice," stated Sandy, as they moved into the master bedroom. "Not to worry. When we fly, we can either go Business or First Class."

"How can you afford it?" asked Brad as Sandy eased him down to sit on the bed.

"Easy," stated Sandy. "I live frugally."

"Frugally?" questioned Brad.

"Well," stated Sandy smiling at him. "We could be in a penthouse across town cause I'm famous and beautiful."

Brad chuckled as he pointed at her. "Not the day we went dirt biking. I bet no one else ever saw you like that."

Sandy started laughing and leaned back against the wall behind her as she pointed back at him. "I remember. We were so filthy from all the mud. I even got mud in my panties and bra." She looked at him for a moment. "Then we washed up in the river. Naked!" Sandy reached over and touched his face. "Then ... then that night you made love to me by the campfire."

She sighed. "Oh, Brad. Everyday I prayed for you when I woke up. You were my last thought when I went to sleep at night." There were tears running her cheeks. "I almost went crazy when your parents came over and told me you'd been hurt."

Brad took her hand from his face and kissed her fingers. He looked up at her. "Sandy," ha said softly, "every day I had four things on my mind. You. Keeping my team alive. Keeping myself alive. And coming home. To you."

Sandy leaned down and kissed Brad. After a long moment they broke the kiss and Sandy stood again before Brad. "I love you Brad."

Brad reached out and took her hand to hold it. "Thank you, Sandy." He looked up at her.

"For what?"

"Your letters," replied Brad. "The cards. The care packages."

Sandy stated, "What's a Marine without care packages from home?"

"A sour puss," replied Brad with a chuckle.

"You got it," stated Sandy. "And I did not want any sour puss Marine coming home to me."

"So how are we ever going to pay for this apartment?" asked Brad. "And first class tickets. The travel."

"Easy," stated Sandy as she leaned back against the wall. "I'm wicked good on the court. I have three product endorsements behind us. And another pending."

"Us?" asked Brad.

"Us, Brad," stated Sandy. "Us. You and me. I'll tell you the rest later. Or we can talk some more and have boiled hot dogs and beans for dinner."

Brad smiled and shook his head. "I promised you dinner." He suddenly yawned. "Sorry. Guess I'm more tired than I thought."

"Brad," began Sandy, "We already decided on dinner. We're eating in tonight. That's a better idea. You can rest. You can take me to dinner another night. And tonight, Brad. I'm going to sleep curled up beside you. And I'm going to hold onto you all night."

"Okay," replied Brad. "The curled up with you sounds real nice." He suddenly yawned again. "Guess I'm more tired than I thought. Sorry."

"Don't be, Brad. You've had a long few days. So what do your taste buds want?" asked Sandy.

"What's good around here for takeout?"

"Chinese of course," stated Sandy. "Two different places. Both are good. There's like four sub shops all pretty good. Or pizza."

Brad smiled. "Pizza! I've not had any decent pizza for some time."

"Then pizza it is!" stated Sandy. "We'll get two. One plain and one with extra cheese, sausage and mushrooms, right?"

"You remembered."

"How could I forget pizza, Brad?" Sandy smiled. "Then tomorrow or the next day we can sit in front of the TV and watch some goofy movie with a cold cheese pizza and a couple of beers."

"Sounds perfect."

Sandy gave him a quick kiss. "Be right back. Left my phone on the kitchen table. I'll call and order the pizza."

Brad watched Sandy go. He turned back to look down at his legs and smirked. "It's going to be okay, Brad," he told himself.


The End
Part 4


"Sandy And Brad – Ch-01"
"Home Comes The Warrior"
Part 5
"The Scars of War"


"Pizza's ordered," stated Sandy as she came back into the bedroom.

"I don't know this bed," stated Brad as he looked around.

"New," said Sandy. "A king size. I wanted plenty of room for us." She then got down on her knees before him. "Besides, I hate it when my feet hang over the edge." She nodded towards the closet doors. "I have some of your clothes here. The right side. Left is mine." Sandy then began to untie his shoes.

"And the dressers?" asked Brad.

Sandy began to giggle. "The one near the closet is mine."

"Why the giggles?"

"Cause, Brad," replied Sandy looking up at him with a big smile. "I like to pick and choose and make sure I look just right."

"You always look fine to me."

"See." Sandy reached up and poked his chest. "That's cause you're a guy. And have no fashion sense."

"Well," replied Brad slowly, "as a Marine it was usually, either green or – green. Or maybe multi-colored cammies. Still green."

"See!" stated Sandy. "But to me – you always looked good."

"What's the second bedroom for?" asked Brad.

"Extra closet space for clothes and our office," replied Sandy as she slipped off his left shoe.

"Office?"

"Two desks ...." Sandy paused as she took off his left sock and saw the scars on his foot. The missing toes. She slowly looked up at Brad. "Brad?" she questioned softly.

"Yep," stated Brad. "Lost two toes on that foot. Almost lost the big toe too."

"How bad is it, Brad?" asked Sandy. "Your left leg."

"Have you ever seen a burn from a fire?"

Sandy nodded. "I have. My mom spilled hot grease while cooking. It caught on fire. It splashed on her arm." Sandy glanced down at his foot. "I was just ten." She looked up at him. "It was not pretty. My Dad was there when it happened. He was able to smother the fire real quick. That's why my Mom always wears long sleeves out side. Or when we have guests. Usually most of the time."

Rugrat60
Rugrat60
106 Followers