All Comments on 'Savages Ch. 02'

by VirriV

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Still having trouble with punctuation, I see.

"'Sorry guys, don't mind me. As you were' Meghan said sounding more confident than she actually was. "

You need a comma after "were" and need actual quotation marks around the dialogue, because none of your dialogue has them.

"It would seem Cameron beat her to it, she didn't hate him for it," There should be a period after "beat her to it." and capital "She."

"She purposely spent more time with Cameron; even going as far as flirting a bit,

Should be a comma after Cameron, not a semi-colon. In fact, many of your semi-colons should be commas

"Reveled" = "revelled".

I suggest you find an editor to help you with the basic of writing but, but they can't help with the fact that both Meghan and her husband seem to be sadistic sociopaths, a type that is non-sympathetic. If no one can care about your characters, no one will want to read any further. .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Savage is the wrong word.

A savage is uneducated, uncivilized, and comes from a primitive culture. Your people are well educated, sophisticated, cosmopolitans, who have no morals, ethics, or normal human compassion. Savages are people. Your characters are self-created subhumans. I think there are many classical authors who have explored the more monstrous potential of the human as beast. Maybe you will become one yourself, someday.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous