All Comments on 'Saved By My Mate'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
Celtic_moon28Celtic_moon28over 8 years ago

I thought this was a great story.. Keep up the good work!

gaynudist50gaynudist50over 8 years ago
Incredible

Incredible story, it reminds me of the long running story told by mygypsy called, "To Love A Stray".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW!!

Don't normally read werewolf stories but the title was intriguing and I'm glad I read it; Wonderful, Beautiful, Well told. A couple of grammatical errors but nothing to BIG.

dtd0129dtd0129over 8 years ago
Great

Great story

txcrackertxcrackerover 8 years ago
Excellent Story !

One FINE story ! This is the first of your Were stories I have read < One of my favorite kinds > but if this is any indication of the others I am honored to read further. Now on to more . 5*'s by the way . Hope this one becomes a series as I would be honored to follow , but if not it was GREAT !

Thanks for the great read !

tx cracker

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so did he get a leg?

I mean when he shifted did he get a new leg? Or was he running on three

SillySquirrelSillySquirrelover 8 years ago
Great story!

First half was amazing but I felt the last half was rushed. Overall loved it, especially using a wounded warrior <3

nicintasnicintasover 8 years ago
Great story!!

Wish it was longer, or to-be-continued. The second half seemed rushed, but I loved the characters!

In my mind, the magic of the shift give him a phantom hindlimb so that he can run :-)

Well done!

Nicole

Love2ReadLitLove2ReadLitover 8 years ago
Very Good

Minor spelling and grammatical items throughout, but none so serious as to throw off the reader. Starting with the injury was smart, since there was alot of backstory already. Though a few lines would probably need to be omitted if this were to go to print. Timeline wise, five months seems too short. Rachel is to have just come home from college when she is in the woods. This would have been a summer term, which is possible. Skipping over fall is fine. But then we are in winter. If college terms start mid-January and she started late then it is a little hard to believe she was more focused on school than finding her mate come Valentine's Day. It might have made more sense timeline wise for her to skip a semester and start classes on time, getting the phone call a couple days before.

There is enough content to immerse the reader in this world you created whether or not they have read your other work. Some of the ideas are not consistent with your other stories (i.e. weres keeping to themselves).

Was it your intent to end the story right when Marcus and Rachel bit? The line about Valentine seems to have been an afterthought and there was no description about where she was born to give the reader closure about Marcus' mental recovery. They could have been back in the woods (near the warm spring?) where they first saved each other.

partwolfpartwolfover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback!

A werewolf Valentines story is problematic, since in the normal genre the mating bond makes such things as romance and seduction far different than the human world. I always try to find a unique angle to write from, and in this case the female wolf falling for the human male- and then not being able to communicate that- was the fun. Once she reveals, it becomes more of a standard story and I didn't feel the need to stretch that out. Part of the fantasy of were mating is the idea that it is a "scratch and sniff" done deal, forever, everything else just works out.

As for regrowing limbs and eyes, wolves don't do this in the wild so I wouldn't expect it but that story isn't written and anything could happen- although Patchy the Three Legged Healer works too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

loved it. didn't particularly care whether or not, her or his college was on the quarter or semester system. hope to read your other entries soon.

trinkrazotrinkrazoabout 8 years ago
Perfect Valentine

Wonderful job. Loved the premise, the flow, and the style. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Just thinking , would all his injuries be healed now he's a werewolf? seeing she said he could run as a wolf with her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So....

Great start but it felt a bit rushed at the end. You could have made this into a mini series with more detail. But overall it was nice.

daypowerdaypoweralmost 8 years ago
Someone asked if he would heal

She had a scar from the antler so I'm thinking no besides I'm pretty sure a wolf can run on only three legs

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 7 years ago
Great Valinetine story

An interesting start & I'm glad to see you intend to continue & expand on it. Nice addition of the wounded Vet. Seems like a great character to build on . Don't be worried about the 3 legged thing . Had a friend who had a couple of my dogs & his first Malamute had lost his left rear leg to cancer as a pup & he never let it slow him down or effect his wonderful temperament , although you had to be careful when he made tight corners at full speed :-) could call him the first "Drifter" of the canine racers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love the humor in your stories

Subtle, cute, but comes across naturally, as it typically does, in words and actions. For example, Raven not liking the name "Spike". Can't imagine any female responding differently. Or how Raven's wolf got her hackles up when she heard a woman in Marcus' house. Ah yes, jealousy - no woman likes it when another woman goes after her mate. They make a very nice couple.

luv2read2

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 7 years ago
Laughed out loud...

at this line: "The professor may as well been the Swedish chef from the Muppets for all I understood."

It still cracks me up! You use great imagery and write a really FUN story!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Weird

Realistically, if anyone saw a wolf in the wild ,they would bolt as soon as possible

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
JUST BRILLIANT!

Just a wonderful love story. Disregard the other comment if that person wants reality go to the library and read biographies! Thank you much enjoyed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good, but rushed

I was completely taken in, but once she found him, it felt rushed.

LostlurkerLostlurkerover 4 years ago
Wonderful but rushed at the end.

It would have been nice to have more after the mating. The story just cut off abruptly. It is unpleasantly jarring.

jrobertwjrobertwalmost 4 years ago

I liked this story a lot !!! It was a good story. If it was fleshed out it might even make a good novel. Something to think about.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Loved It

Yes, maybe a little rushed at the end which is a shame as I strongly believe that a bit more would have enhanced the story and its rating.

Werewolf stories vary from author to author so no problem there. I like the fact that she could change him to a werewolf but it would be interesting to know what the effect would be. I doubt whether he could recover and have 4 legs but as an ex army medic he could become an invaluable part of their medical service.

I thought that as a werewolf she would heal quickly but appreciate her wound was life threatening before he operated but it wasn't clear if she recovered quickly or not.

I found this incredibly emotional at times, perhaps because those parts were, to me, so well written. Could definitely be extended into a mini series going both backwards and forwards in time.

5 stars.

Definitely going to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was good but could have been great. You can’t have him getting bit and just end the story. Did turning heal any parts of him physically? One more page with some after details could have took this to next level.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

very nice on to more

EroticAarielEroticAarielover 2 years ago

Second time reading. Still love! Yes we would have loved more but thank you for this short story.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Love the story, could have been longer. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story but more is needed. Give it a life of its own please. Thanks in advance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice to have the genders this way between a were and a human.

OpenWordsOpenWordsabout 2 years ago

Thank you for listing the names of the dead. I know it's fictional, but it matters.

GRG0463GRG0463about 2 years ago

We need to see his introduction to her pack / family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'd love more of this one!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

So doesn’t need to be a one-off ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

This is the first wolf story I’ve read. That’s one hell of an introduction!! I look forward to exploring more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked this. It has potential for more. I liked that you made him a soldier. Really great read!

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateabout 1 year ago

This is the sweetest story I was hoping you had posted more about the new couple. Best wishes to Marcus and his Raven

razarocinanterazarocinanteabout 1 year ago

@Allegedly_Literate dominant species includes these characters.

SatyrDickSatyrDick12 months ago

[22.05.23]

Top Tier Writing!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

" What kind of sick fucks blow up wounded people?"

When the US did this it was called "double tap": first one missile and then another at anyone rushing in to help. It's a sweet story, but I don't like the way it glorifies the American wars, or at least US soldiers.

Aussie1951Aussie19519 months ago
Not bad

I don’t normally read those sort of stories, but I thought I would for a change. It was quite an interesting story, but I to thought the ending was a bit rushed and could’ve been better.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 months ago

Of all your stories I’ve re-read this multiple times and every time I wished you would keep these characters going. Just a thought.

Alphachick90Alphachick904 days ago

Such a hot and equally sweet story: 10/10

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...