Second Chance Ch. 13-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CinderLaw
CinderLaw
189 Followers

Olivia turned to look at him, tears in her eyes, still holding the gun, "Jared, I killed him but I could not let him shoot you! I don't want to go to jail! What about Chloe?"

Jared was just a foot away from her and he slowly touched her arms then slid his hands up to her hand and took the gun from her. Pulling her in his arms he said, "Baby, it's okay. You will not go to jail, alright? Come on let's get you out of here." He had just started pulling her away from the spot she seemed stuck in when he noticed Tom raising his gun directly at them. Without much thought he turned and shielded Olivia from the shot.

POP! POP! BANG! BOOM! BANG! POP!

The searing pain that followed let Jared know that this time he in fact was shot. The force of the bullet pushed him onto Olivia, she tried to keep him up, "Jared? What is the matter?" She helped him down to the floor and that is when she noticed that her hand was wet when she pulled it up to look at it she saw his blood. "Oh God Jared NO! JASON GET UP HERE! Jared please don't leave me! I can't live without you."

Jared gave her a weak smile, "I love you...and I will also be with you..." he said as he lost consciences.

From what Jared was told later, Jason did what he always did - he made miracles happen. Some how they got him to a hospital not long after he lost conscience, where he was rushed into surgery and the bullet retrieved. The surgery lasted 18 hours due to the fragmented pieces of the bullet. The kidney that had taken the bullet was repaired to the point that it was still functional.

All of the additional shots he heard after Tom's were Ty, Jerry, Jason, Trenton and Peter shooting at Tom. Jason later told him that every one of them hit Tom in the head which left very little of it. Jason also told him that Olivia never left the hospital to change, shower, eat or sleep while he was in surgery.

After surgery he was unconscious for a week and during that time Olivia only left long enough to check on Chloe, shower, and eat what Jason forced her to eat. However when Jason caught her getting sick on the morning that Jared finally woke up he made her leave to get a check-up immediately. When she came back to Jared's room it was to find him awake talking a little to Jason.

Jared had smiled at her then asked, "What did the doctor tell you?"

"Nothing much." She replied but refused to hold his eye contact for very long nor would she face him.

"Olivia?!"

"What Jared?"

"What the hell did they say? Jason, said you have been sick all morning I want to know if it's serious, so damn it woman look at me and stop beating around the bush. Damn it, I have been shot and now I wake up and find out that you're not ok!"

She walked over to Jared and grabbed his hand, "Okay, if you really want to know. It is not good. I...I...I wish that you would let me wait until you were more healthy to tell you this..."

Jared suddenly had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, "Tell me baby, we can find someone to get you better."

"It will take a long time before I feel better though. I...it will be..."

"Tell me!" He said

"Okay, they ran some blood work and they find out...that... I'm pregnant." She whispered.

"What?"

She looked up at him and smiled, "You heard me, now don't do anything stupid like tear a stitch or I will leave until it is time for you to come home."

"I...You...baby?" He stuttered.

"Yep, we are going to have a baby." She smiled at him.

He looked at her seriously and said, "Baby I need to tell you something."

Now it was her turned to be freaked out, "What? Is something wrong, did they not get everything?"

"No, nothing like that but you see I am a twin and my twin brother had twins so there is a very real possibility that we could have twins. I hope you won't leave me!"

"You shit head! I would smack you if I did not worry that you would actually get hurt!" She had remembered the comment she had made to him when he told her that very thing that day at her apartment.

"I love you."

"I love you too Jared."

***

Now looking down at his twin sons, listening to his daughter playing with her cousins, surrounded by three of his best friends, he looked at the woman who he loved more than his own life, she was his true love. Then she looked at him and gave him the blinding smile of hers and he saw that she had given him something more than the children he had always really wanted. She had given him a second chance at love.

CinderLaw
CinderLaw
189 Followers