Secrets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lori smiled at me and asked "What have you done with my partner?" I could only laugh. I realized we hadn't said a word during the second set and match tie-breaker changeovers, and I told that to Lori. She said, "I didn't want to wake you from your trance."

We gathered our rackets, bags, and assorted gear and walked off the courts. Alexa congratulated Lori and me and gave me a high-five and Lori a kiss. My parents walked up and mom gave me a hug, and dad shook my hand, and told me how well I played. I introduced them to Lori and Alexa, and then the tournament director--Lori's former high school coach--awarded us our trophies in a brief ceremony. It wasn't quite the royal family at Wimbledon, but it was fun nonetheless.

I was talking with my parents, still floating in the aftermath, when I heard a voice behind me say, "Congratulations."

A voice I knew well.

A voice I hadn't heard for three years.

Marni's voice.

I turned to her voice and saw her standing with a taller guy, who looked like a model for GQ. Marni spoke and said, "This is Richard" and we shook hands, and he said "nice match." I thanked him and said it was a lot of fun. Marni then said, "Lori told me the two of you were playing in the final, and we came to watch. You and Lori played well together."

I agreed we did, and then added "I had a good coach."

Marni then said, "Good to see you" and turned with Richard to say goodbye to Lori. I resumed talking with my parents. They said they were surprised to see Marni, and I answered, "So was I." I assumed Lori figured I would be nervous enough about playing, without the complications of knowing my ex was watching, so she didn't tell me Marni was coming. My parents and I made arrangements to meet at a local restaurant for a late dinner.

I walked over to Lori for a last hurrah before I left for dinner. Alexa had us grab our respective trophies for a victory photo, so we posed, with big goofy smiles on our faces, while she took multiple shots with her phone. Lori then said "Bring it in" and we had a big hug, and then she smiled and said, "Aren't you glad I asked you to play?"

She then added they were headed to The Grove. I told her I would stop by after dinner with my parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Near the end of dinner with my parents I texted Lori and she replied they were still at The Grove. I texted back:

[Be there soon].

My phone chirped:

[FYI: Marni's here].

I replied.

[Thanks for the heads up. On my way].

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grove was more crowded than I was used to. I had only been there on Thursday nights, and there was a larger crowd for a Saturday night. I found the table with Lori and Alexa after stopping at the bar and buying a beer. At the table there were several familiar faces from the Thursday night gang, along with a couple others I didn't know. There appeared to be an open seat saved for me--directly opposite Marni. I laughed inside and thought "this might get interesting."

As I approached the table several of the women at the table started clapping and cheering and Lori, who was standing next to the table and talking to someone I didn't know, turned and smiled, and we clanked our beer bottles and exchanged high fives. I said "Thanks" to the group and went to sit down at the open seat, getting a couple more high fives from some of the others.

As I sat, I heard Marni say in a mocking tone, "I hear you're a regular here. Getting in touch with your feminine side?"

Interesting, indeed. Based on her facial expressions and tone of voice, she was clearly unhappy I was there.

I ignored the last barb and just answered in a low voice, "I come here because I seem to be welcome here. I don't have that many friends where I can choose to be that picky. What's it to you how I choose to spend my time?"

Marni then pointed to another table, which appeared to be a group of women somewhere on the Trans spectrum, and she said, "More friends of yours? Wouldn't you like to join them instead?"

I decided this statement didn't deserve an answer. I also noticed that Alexa seemed to be listening into our conversation, and she appeared to be no happier with Marni than I was.

Marni ignored the silence and piled on. "I guess you're not man enough so you can only hang out with women--women who aren't interested in you."

I stood up. In a low but firm voice, I answered. "Excuse me. I've had too good of a day to let you ruin it. I shared with you my innermost secret because I thought the person I cared a lot about deserved to know. It didn't turn out how I hoped. But I can look at myself in the mirror and know I did the right thing. I'm not going to sit here and let you insult me, so goodnight."

I walked over to Lori, told her I was going, and said I would explain when we talked next.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watching the NFL a little after one on Sunday when my cell phone rang. I saw it was Lori, muted the TV, and answered the phone with my normal "Hello."

"Dave, this is Lori. I just want to let you know I read Marni the riot act after you left. Alexa told me what happened and how she was rude to you. I told her that you were my good friend and she couldn't treat you that way. I want her to apologize to you, but I don't think she is going to."

"Thanks, I appreciate that," I answered. "I'm not sure why she went off on me. I hadn't even said anything to her."

"She's been a little cross with me lately too" replied Lori. "I'm not sure what the deal is. But I am sorry you had to deal with it."

"I will try not to let it bother me. It's pretty clear that bridge has been burned" I answered.

Lori then said Alexa wanted to speak to me, and handed her the phone.

"So why haven't you told me that you're a crossdresser?" she demanded. "You know we're a LGBT place, we have many Trans clients."

I explained the last time I told someone it didn't turn out well, so I was extremely hesitant to do it again. It wasn't personal; it was a defense mechanism. Plus, I wasn't dressing anymore (well, maybe I tried on a few of the items Lori gave me from time to time), so there was nothing to tell.

And then she surprised me. "I owe you one. When you are ready, come in and we will give you the royal treatment. Makeover, manicure, pedicure, waxing, whatever. It will be on the house. You can be a girl for a day and see how you look. My team will be here to serve you. No judgment, just smiles and support. Sound good to you?"

It did.

But right then I wasn't ready.

"Thanks, I appreciate the offer, and it is a wonderful offer. But I'm not ready to start dressing again. Can I take a rain check?"

Alexa answered, "Absolutely" and then added, "You didn't deserve the abuse from Marni last night. She was mean-spirited. You should know we consider you a regular at the Grove and everyone knows how respectful and accepting you are. I hope you aren't letting what she said bother you."

I was touched by what she said, and simply said, "Thank you."

Alexa then just added, "The offer stands, so when you are ready, just let me know, and we'll make you pretty."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I headed to the gym and hopped on the elliptical, trying to concentrate on the two NFL games on the big screen TVs on the wall, and unsuccessfully trying to ignore Alexa's offer. The more I thought no, the more I thought it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I kept thinking about a Peanuts Sunday comic strip I had seen several years before.

In the first panel, Charlie Brown tells Snoopy that he's leaving him extra food in his bowl because they were going out of town, and the extra food was for tomorrow. The subsequent panels showed Snoopy trying to ignore his bowl.

The next to last panel showed Snoopy leaping from the top of his doghouse, and the last showed Snoopy with an empty bowl, saying, "I would have killed myself if tomorrow never came."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner I called Lori and asked her to put Alexa on the phone.

"Does your offer still stand?" I asked.

"Absolutely" Alexa said, with a smile in her voice.

"Well then, I accept."

"Excellent! You're going to love it."

Alexa mentioned that Halloween was coming up in four weeks, and The Grove had a big Halloween party the Saturday night before Halloween. We agreed on that date, and she said she would make up a list of services, but it would be a surprise for me. She also told me to pick out a few things I liked of the items that Lori gave me and text her pictures of them, and she would have me bring them to the makeover.

And that I would need to shave my legs.

I hung up and had a big goofy smile on my face.

It was going to be a long four weeks--but it also meant I had four weeks to work on my girlish figure--and to let my nails grow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next Thursday at tennis Lori teased me a bit about my "spa day" but then added that Alexa was almost giddy about having me come in. She asked if I was looking forward to it.

"I think I told you I was jealous when I was a kid of all the boys who got to dress up as girls on Halloween. Now, it's going to be my turn" I answered.

"I can't wait."

I played like crap that night, distracted by my thoughts, and lost three lop-sided sets.

At The Grove, I tried to pump Alexa for further info, but all she would say was, "I'm sure you'll have fun."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The week of my spa day finally arrived. On Tuesday I stopped at Walgreens and bought a three-pack of ladies razors, a bottle of Nair, some bubble bath, and some nude pantyhose. In for a nickel, in for a dime.

I went home and read the instructions and applied the Nair around my knees and on my arms (somewhere along the line I decided if I was shaving my legs, I was shaving my arms too). I waited the recommended time and jumped in the shower and ran the water, and rubbed the areas I had applied the Nair with a washcloth. I was now a lot less hairy.

I then filled the bathtub with hot water and the bubble bath, and then climbed in and did my best at shaving my legs. It took a while, and a nick or two, but in the end, I was happy with my hair free legs.

I had taken a before picture of my legs and then took an after, and texted both to Alexa.

A few minutes later the response was a smiley face, and the comment "Nice legs."

All I could think to myself was, "Wait until you see them in heels and hose."

Yes, I was ready for Saturday to arrive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thursday Alexa texted me that I was scheduled for the spa at 10 AM. I was confused. If the party was at night, why was I going in so early?

Alexa texted back, "We're going to make you pretty, so don't you want to be pretty for a whole day, rather than just a few hours?"

A whole day? I was nervous AND excited at the same time.

Then the follow up. "Besides, I have plans for you."

OMG. What have I gotten myself into?

That night at tennis Lori wouldn't say anything about what Alexa had planned for me, but merely said "Ask Alexa."

Later at The Grove, when I asked Alexa for details, she smiled and said "What fun would it be if I spoiled the surprise?" She then leaned in and in a half-whisper in my ear she said, "The next time you walk into these doors you are going to be dressed the way you have wanted to dress for most of your life. I'm planning a day that you'll remember the rest of your life." Then she kissed me on the cheek and said, "You deserve it."

Overwhelmed, all I could say was "Ok."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday might have been the longest day of my life. I couldn't focus, and time seemed to drag. I finally decided to leave a half-hour early to hit the Y. On my way out my boss Sylvia said, "Have a good weekend. Got anything planned?"

If she only knew....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday morning, after a restless night, I woke up and did my final prep. Shave with a razor and shaving cream, then with my electric razor. Hop in the shower, and shave my arms and legs. I was beginning to love the feeling of hairless arms and legs.

I dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants, as Alexa had suggested. She didn't suggest panties, but I chose to wear my favorite pair of the ones Lori had given me. I also put on a pair of control top panties to make sure everything down there stayed in their proper place.

I packed my heels, the bra that matched the panties I was wearing, my wig, the top and skirt that Alexa had suggested, and the pantyhose I had bought into my gym bag. Finally it was time to go.

I was nervous walking into the salon but fortunately no one was in the reception area when I entered. A few seconds later, one of Alexa's team entered the area and asked, "Dave?" I nodded, and she said with a smile, "Please follow me."

I followed and was led into a room, where a smiling woman said, "Hi, I'm Michelle, and I'm going to do your waxing today." Her voice was friendly with a distinct Southern accent. "I hear you are friends with Alexa, and that we're treating you to a special day. Ready to get started?"

She had me sit on a bench and examined my face. "First I'm going to clean up the hair around your ears and nose, and then I'm gonna give you some girly eyebrows!"

I asked, "Do I have a say in this?" I wasn't worried about facial hair, but my eyebrows?

Michelle said, "No. I'm just following the boss's orders!"

She went to work, sticking wax on sticks into my ears and nose, waiting a few seconds, and then pulling quickly. It wasn't painful, but a bit uncomfortable.

Next she found some strips and began waxing my eyebrows. After a couple of rips, Michelle held up a hand mirror, and yes I had girly eyebrows. I simultaneously loved and hated the look, fearful of the backlash post-Halloween.

Michelle then handed me a towel and told me to take off my t-shirt and pants, and to lie down on the table on my stomach, and cover my butt with the towel. She then excused herself while I stripped and then did what she asked.

I smelled an aroma that I guessed was scented wax. Michelle knocked on the door and entered. "Ever have your back waxed?" she asked.

"No" I answered. "Is it gonna hurt?" I asked.

"Not too much" she said with a smile. She went to work, applying the wax, waiting, and then giving me a warning, and "rip." "That wasn't too bad, was it?"

I just grunted.

It became more tolerable, and after about ten minutes of the torture, she had me flip over on my back, and started applying the wax to my chest. At this point, there was a knock on the door, and Alexa stuck her head and asked Michelle, "How is our client behaving?"

I stuck my tongue out at her and Alexa and Michelle laughed.

My chest hairs were stubborn and they came off reluctantly, but I tried not to whimper too much. I lowered my estimate of my pain tolerance by a couple of notches. Michelle did cleanup on a few strays, and I was hairless down to roughly my nipples. She handed me a bottle of lotion and asked me to rub it on my chest and back. The hairless feeling was a new experience, similar to my shaved legs a few nights prior.

I liked the look.

I asked Michelle if many men came in for waxing, and she answered "More than you would expect" then added "but usually only their backs." She then said I was done and she would step out and I could put my t-shirt and sweatpants back on. I did--but not before I checked my new look out in the mirror.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a knock and Alexa stuck her head in the room again and asked, "Ready for your makeover?"

I just nodded, but internally I was thinking "I've been ready for twenty years."

Alexa led me to the main part of the salon and had me sit on a tall stool and said Julie will be with you shortly. There were four or five other women in the room getting various treatments, but no one seemed to particularly notice me.

Julie walked up and introduced herself, and I noticed her makeup was exquisite, so I figured I was in good hands.

I was.

I loved every minute.

Julie explained what she was doing, first lotion, then primer, foundation, concealer, powder, eye primer, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, rouge. The last step was lipstick, asking me to pucker, press my lips together, etc. I was taking mental notes the best I could, trying to remember each step. She was patient and kind and bubbly, asking me questions about the Halloween party, telling me how good of a boss Alexa was, and how much fun I was going to have. I was facing away from a mirror--she said that was Alexa's orders--so I couldn't see the progress.

Finally, she was finished, and brushed through my wig, placed the wig on my head and brushed some more. Then with a big smile, she said "Done" and asked another staffer to chase down Alexa.

Alexa walked in and didn't say anything, but just broke into a big smile and clapped her hands and with a big smile said, "Fabulous" and congratulated Julie. Julie was smiling too.

I was in torture. How did I look?

Alexa extended the torture by telling me to close my eyes, and she was going to take me in a room to get dressed before I could see myself. I said "No fair" but she just stuck out her tongue and said "close your eyes," so I did. She then took my arm and escorted me about fifteen to twenty steps, telling me to wait. I heard a door closing and she said "You can open your eyes now. "

I saw the outfit I had brought lying out on a chair. Alexa said "You'll be happier seeing yourself made up if you're dressed" and I saw her point. She then said she'd help me get dressed, so I wouldn't mess up the makeup. I was a bit embarrassed, even more so when she said to strip my bottoms off--including the panties--to put on the pantyhose. She said the hose would sit better under my panties, and smiled and said as they were control top hose they would help keep certain parts of me in better control.

Fortunately, she did turn her back, and I managed to put on the pantyhose without incident, and put on the panties and control panties, and the skirt. I told Alexa she could turn around.

"Almost there" she said. She helped me remove the t-shirt without disturbing the wig or makeup, then had me hold out my arms to help me into the bra and she fastened it in the back. Next she handed a pair of foam rubber inserts to insert into the cups, and then carefully helped me into the top, again not touching the wig or makeup.

She stepped back, smiled, and said "Nice." Her eyes were smiling too.

She handed me my heels and I slid them on.

"Ready for the big reveal"? Alexa asked.

Nervous and excited, I could only nod my head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course Alexa made me wait a little longer. She told me to close my eyes again, and to keep them closed until she said I could open them. I heard her leave the room, close the door, and about a minute later heard the door open again.