Secrets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I hadn't thought about it," I answered.

"Well, think of one for now, and you can always change it later" Sylvia said. "And come back at noon and we'll go to lunch in the cafeteria. I've got a whole bunch of questions about your weekend I'm dying to ask. Plus, everyone needs to see how cute you look."

"Yes, boss lady." I stood up, and headed out of her office, but before I left, I turned and said, "Thanks. I appreciate this." She just answered, "You're welcome. See you at noon."

I took the elevator down to the first floor, stunned at everything that had happened in the space of three days, from nobody knowing my secret to everyone knowing my secret.

I was good with that.

On the ride down, for the meantime, the path of least resistance for my new name was to just use my first initial. I had known a Diane, but she always went as Dee, so that would be my girl name.

I arrived at Judy's cubicle in HR; we had known each other for at least five years. She looked at me and asked, "what can I do for you?" apparently not recognizing me. I answered that Sylvia called about a new ID. She asked for my last name. "Johnson" I answered. Finally, she matched the name and my voice, "Dave, is that you????"

I just nodded, and answered "Happy Halloween."

She just smiled and clapped and said I looked great, and several of her colleagues poked their heads over their cubes and then walked over to see and greet me. Another round of compliments and questions and a couple of pictures, which I once again enjoyed.

Judy took a couple of official ID photos, got one that we were both happy with, and asked me what name I wanted to use, and I answered "Dee." She said it would be ready in about an hour.

When I went to Sylvia's office at noon, she had my new ID ready, and handed it to me. I took off my Dave ID and put it in my purse, and hung my new one around my neck, and went with Sylvia downstairs to our company cafeteria.

There were a few surprised reactions from my co-workers at who the "new" employee was with Sylvia, but the smiles I was greeted with pleased me and lessened my worries. I assumed this was Sylvia's way of "ripping the band aid" off, and she was paving the way for me if (when) I did this again. As promised, she--and the other six at our table--fired questions about my weekend, the makeover, shopping at the mall, etc. My phone with the pictures also made the rounds, and lots of compliments.

I had one more hurdle. Earlier in the day I had scheduled a meeting at 2 PM with my four direct reports, because I wanted to see where they were with all of "this." They were my team, and I needed to know if this was going to be an issue going forward.

We met, and I went through the short version. I considered myself a crossdresser, had been interested in dressing since I was a child, had hid it for the longest time, had the opportunity to dress this weekend, and that Sylvia had encouraged me to come to work dressed. I then showed them my new ID, and summarized what Sylvia and I had discussed about coming occasionally to work dressed, but I needed to know if that would cause any issues with the four of them. They all shook their heads or said no.

My final surprise was when Amy, the quietest and newest of my four direct reports, spoke up. "Dave, I tell all my friends about what a great boss I have and they are jealous. I tell them he treats us like adults, with respect and says repeatedly how he values our work, and how he makes it enjoyable to come to work." She then paused and said, "If it makes you happy, I'm all in"--and the three others verbally agreed.

I said OK, I have my answer, and said thanks, I appreciated the kind words.

I didn't get much work done that day, but it was one of my best days at work in a long time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it was Halloween night, I went home and changed into the floral dress I had bought at the consignment store the day before. Marni and I had arranged earlier that I would drive to their place a little after 8 and Lori and the two of us would meet Alexa at the Grove for a late dinner. In the meantime, I handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters who came to my door, with an eye out for boys who just might be dressed as girls.

The Grove was a lot more sedate than it had been on Saturday night, but there were a few regulars, and I got another round of compliments on my look. I filled in my three companions with a summary of my day, and then pulled my new ID from my purse, and told them the boss lady and my staff said it was OK with them if I came in dressed in the future. They were almost speechless, but Alexa finally asked if I was planning to do that, and I could only answer, "Probably." Lori said "Wow" and Marni just added, "I guess that means more shopping."

I did another set of Facebook and Instagram posts of my Halloween at the office, with a bit of verbiage and a lot of pictures. As with my Halloween post, I received an amazing number of likes and favorable comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

Over time, I established a new monthly routine.

Our office had a tradition of going to Happy Hour at a local bar on the last Friday of the month. I decided to make that day my monthly day to come in dressed as Dee. My co-workers began to look forward to what I would wear monthly. Even though our office dress code was business casual (which I strictly adhered to as Dave), my Dee dress code was business professional--dresses, tops and skirts, or a suit. After Happy Hour, Marni and I would meet for dinner.

On the last Thursday of the month, after work I would drive to Alexa's salon to get my nails done for the weekend. I would show my nail tech a picture of my Friday outfit, and she would pick a suitable color to match the outfit.

Saturday morning I would return to the salon and assume my receptionist duties, while doing all of Alexa's accounting for the month, and doing the lunch order pickup.

Saturday nights I would generally have a girl's night out with the nurses from the hospital, as they hit the dance clubs. They invited me to come along one night, and I became a regular. They were happy to have a designated driver and avoid Ubers, and I enjoyed getting to show off my club wear. Marni was also happy to have a night where she could chill at home.

On Sundays, I would still do my long run--but afterwards I would hit the mall and stores, to find my outfit for the next month, and do any other errands. Somehow my grocery shopping and Costco runs were more fun in girl mode.

Marni adjusted to having Dee around once a month. She and Lori were still roommates, but Marni and I were often overnight guests at each other's places (as were Lori and Alexa).

Life was good.

Plus, one other change.

To accommodate my Thursday salon visit, Lori and I moved tennis to Wednesday nights, followed of course, by post-match drinks and nibbles at the Grove.

The game must go on.