Secrets Hidden Within Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

3

What I can I do? I thought. There is no way I can get out of here now. I could feel the hot breathing of Zack on my arm. I looked at him.

"Do you mind?" I asked.

"What?" he said. He looked innocent.

"You are breathing on me." I admitted.

"Sorry. But we had to crawl out of death's way very fast before it can take us. Sorry I'm a little out of breath." He looked angry now.

I looked out of the trees into the town. It was destroyed. White's goons. I figured. They were terminating the rest of it.

"We have to get out of here before they catch us." Starting to turn around.

"Don't you think I know that? Jesus Christ!" He murmured. He followed. All of a sudden I had a bad feeling. I stopped. The feeling wouldn't go away. But then I figured it out.

"Zack?"

"Huh?"

"We have to separate. It's our only chance. If you follow you'll die. But we have better chances if we separate." I told him.

"Are you fucking out of your mind? We'll both get killed!" He whispered so they wouldn't here.

"If they find us both, they'll just kill you and send White me. But if we separate we'll have more time to escape." I explained.

"I still think you are nuts! But I'll go with it." He sighed.

"Alright you go that way and I'll go this way."

"But that's where they are." He sounded injured.

"I know." I smiled and headed my way. I saw him shaking his head, and go into another direction. I felt better. No one following me anymore, being trusted all the time. It just gets annoying. I was still on my hands and knees so I got up and started to walk.

I was in my thoughts by now. In the zone, I call it. But then my mind drifted to my mom. Dark brown hair, full lips, high cheek bones, bright hazel eyes (no crow feet yet), one dimple with a great smile. She had good body structure. I could still see her face. I could hear music in the background. I opened my eyes and saw her singing to me. It's the song I know by heart. She called it My Valentine. I loved her voice so I listened. I was being cradled too. And so she sang...

If there were no tears...

No way to feel inside...

I still feel for you...

And even if...

The sun refused to shine...

Even if from ads run out of rhyme...

You would still have my heart...

Until the end of time...

You are all I need...

My love...

My valentine...

And so on. I loved to hear her sing; I know most of the songs she sang to me. They were beautiful coming from her. I remember going up to her one day and asked her, "Mommy can you please sing for me?" And she will always say, "Of course sweetie." And she would sing. And I loved every minute of it.

I kept on going through the songs that I and she would sing. But then it all collided with when she died. And then I began to cry. I don't know how long I walked and cried. But when I looked up, I saw the sun setting. I needed shelter. I was looking around with my swollen, red eyes and saw a cave ahead. I crawled in. Saw nothing and crawled in deeper. I lay down afraid that something will kill me in the night, but I took my chances. And so I slept.

I awoke by a noise and light. I opened my eyes and saw the sun was shining. I heard another noise and looked over. I smiled. It was two little leopard cubs. They were playing. But then I felt something on me. I looked down and saw one sleeping on my belly. I had a big grin on my face.

I struggled to sit up. I didn't want to wake it, and plus I would have to touch it to move it. If the mother smelled my scent on her, she would kill it. The mother! Where is she? But then I heard crunching of leaves. I froze. A dark figure loomed over the cave. But then I saw it looked like a cat. It was the mother. It was carrying something in its mouth. Looked like a dead bird. She looked straight at me, and walked over to the cubs. She dropped whatever it was and the cubs attacked it. She came over to me, and nudged the cub that was on my belly.

The ears perked up and up with the head. It looked at its mother and licked her nose. I giggled. It jumped down and went to go eat. The mother just stared at me. I sat up and looked at it. And I decided it trusted me. I lifted my hand up and petted it. It allowed it; it even looked like it enjoyed it. Its eyes closed to savor the pleasure. I went in her head to see what she was thinking.

This feels good. Why do I trust a human? She smells alright, that's why you left the babes here so you could hunt. Why did you leave the other leopards? It's harder on your own. We were a team! But you went your own way! We'll go back today.

This sounded pretty good. I hope I don't scare her. Do you mind if I come? She opened her eyes and looked at me.

Did you say something? She thought.

I did. And I asked can I come?

What are you?

I'm a mutant. I can do a lot of stuff. Including talking to animals. I thought.

Wow. I guess you can come. But you may get rejected.

But you trusted me.

But that's not all. There's more to it.

Then I'll try my best.

Whatever you say.

I looked down at myself and saw rips and tears. And I thought about turning myself into a leopard. Then thought better of it. A leopard outfit. Yeah! So I imagine that I'm wearing something that is leopard and something that Tarzan would wear.

I opened my eyes and saw I was wearing true leopard fur (skin and fur). The bottom part was like a skirt, went down to my knees. Looks like it was ripped and torn. But that added the look of it. The top was a one strap, and it fit pretty good, also ripped and torn. I thought if Logan would see me now. I grinned.

4

Logan looked out of the window and saw the cities in Egypt. Maxe always wanted to come here and check out the pyramids. She was always fascinated with them. She was only fascinated by Egypt and space aliens. If there was a special on either of them on TV she would turn it on.

He missed her. He already checked out the city, but she wasn't there. He couldn't feel her here. He better enjoy himself anyway because he was here for five more miserable months. Next trip is Africa. He wanted her bad, so he wished she is there.

"Cheer up, Logan. It looks like you got a pile of puke for Christmas. Why so glum?" His friend Glenn Morris said. His accented voice was Irish. But there was no Irish look in him. He had light brown hair, hazel eyes, low cheek bones, it looks like he has a line for lips, but that's Glenn for ya.

Logan didn't turn around. "I miss my wife." He admitted.

"Oh that! God I left my wife just to get here! Come on! Can't you just get a little break from her? Is this the longest you been away from her? Are you getting any sex?" He kept asking. Logan tried to ignore him, but he wouldn't stop.

"No I can't get a break from her. She's like a drug to me. I can't get enough of her! I love her Glenn!" He was clearly upset now. He was almost to the level of tears. "I haven't seen her for eleven years Glenn!" He had a tear tinkle in his eye. He still didn't turn around. He was trying to imagine her.

"Damn, no sex!" Glenn said to himself. "Listen buddy, I could get you a girl?" He wondered if that would help.

"I just want my wife Glenn. That's all I want." He finally turned around. Glenn saw a tear running down his cheek. Glenn felt like an asshole now.

"Ever think she ran away on ya?" Trying to be nice but not succeeding. He felt helpless and vulnerable. And he didn't like the look in Logan's eyes either. He dropped his gaze. They were desperate. And he never saw him desperate, never, but this woman did it.

"She would never leave me." He said feeling sure. "She was kidnapped. I'm trying to look for her. That's why I took this job." He swiped the tear away with the heel of the palm of his hand. Glenn saw his face set. He saw his eyes again, they were very determined. They said I just know she was out there, and was going to get her back.

"Alright man. I was trying to help. Sure you don't want to come?" He asked again.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I just need to be alone."

"Alright." He sighed and left. And Logan was alone once again. He thought he was alone most of his life, and then came his wife, they mostly spent time with each other, and now a wife missing more than a decade with her husband. He was alone, and he now didn't like it. He was used to it before he met Maxe, but he didn't like the feeling. He wanted revenge on the fucking kidnappers that stole his wife. Oh yeah, they're gunna get a beating.

5

After the cubs ate, they made their journey. I finally was looking at the scenery. It was beautiful, except the empty grassy plains, but other than that, it was magnificent. Even the animals were extraordinary.

Finally we entered a forest or a jungle (I didn't know which). But I had a fun time examining this place. I wait nervously behind the leopard and her cubs. Then we came to an opening to a cave. I was waiting very anxiously. I wondered what they were going to think of me. Maybe tear me into shreds and eat me. But if she didn't I think I'll be alright, I would be dead right now. I just will never know.

Sasha (the leopard) was about to enter the cave when I heard a growl. The cubs were already in the cave, but I wasn't sure if it was them.

Come along now. She said in her head.

What if they don't like me?

Then they'll just have to get through me. I smiled. She was already my friend, and also she trusted me with her life. Surprising in a leopard. I was acting like a stupid little kid that is just going to school. By then I was crawling in the dark cave (crawling like a cat). It wasn't that dark, it was illuminated by the sun in the opening and a hole in the roof. It was homey. It was warm and had a good smell (surprisingly). My eyes were already adjusting to the dark, but then I saw movement. I stood my ground.

But then figures started to appear and move toward me. I uttered a gasp of surprise. How I wish to be with Logan right now. But then the cubs raced toward me and played around me. I just had to smile. It made me less nervous somehow. The bigger leopards came near me and smelled me. Their breath tickled across my skin. But then they started to retreat. If they didn't like me they would have scratched or growled at me.

And before I knew it, I was treated as one of them. I slept with them, I played with them, and we hunted. But we had to go get our own food (thank-god to me). So I'm with a cat family and they accepted me. I don't know how long I was there but I believe around seven and a half months. I was having myself a vacation. It was great. I had a cat family, and this big grassy place to hunt and play.

6

One day when I was watching over Hunter (one of the leopard's cubs) someone was watching close by. We were wrestling each other. He was getting pretty big, almost to an adult, but not close enough. So we were wrestling in an open part of the jungle. Then I heard a twig snap and ignored it. I just thought it was another animal. Living here changed my views, so I always thought it was another animal. But this one turned out to be the most dangerous animal in the world.

Hey, Hunter. Still rolling and tugging in the dust.

Hey what? He tugged on to my hair.

Want to go pounce on something. Work on your hunting abilities?

Let's see who wins first. Then he tugged me to the ground. But then he pinned me fair and square. I didn't know if he could hunt, but man he could wrestle.

Pinned ya! He declared, but then his mind became suddenly blank. But then he went stiff on top of my body. He dropped down off me into the dust.

Hunter? I looked over and saw poachers. I crawled over him and growled at them. I for one forgot that I was a human and not a cat.

7

Richard saw the leopard cub attacking a lady in the grassy clearing. With trees dropping to big heights, with their great weights trying to reach the grassy floor. Good thing he, Randy and Paul wanted to hunt today. He grinned a greasy smile. He was aiming for the cub in the neck. He had his tranquilizer gun ready. He saw the cub pin the young lady. And then he pulled the trigger. Cleanly in the neck. The cub fell down, and the woman looked up and saw them. As soon as she fully looked at them, he felt fear uncurl in his stomach. She crawled over the cub, as if protecting it.

She was radiantly beautiful. But her eyes. They were something else entirely. They were deadly.

"Listen lady, we thought you were being attacked. And. . . ." Randy kept on muttering something else that he couldn't hear. Then she growled and then they ran, which was a mistake for them. She pounced on them and was running after them. But she was much faster. She was running full speed behind them.

Richard thought he could feel her breath on the back of his neck. She was so god damn close. But then he heard his shirt pull back and then rip. He shrieked out of terror. Now he felt her cold finger tips brush across his neck, he tried to run harder. This seemed for ever for him. It was like waiting for eternity. But just then he and Randy fell. But when they fell she didn't fall on top of them.

They both turned over and looked up at her, and waiting for their deadly fate.

8

I touched his neck, ready to grab, but yet I want him to feel strong. I smiled to that. I remembered the little tree root that came out of the ground 6 inches out of the ground, and that is the place they were headed for. So I went slower so I wouldn't fall on top of these two big-gulots. I finally stopped to a walk. And they go running out of my vision, but then in an instant I heard the thump.

I sighed. How these idiots see and think. I gained ground without making any noise. And came up right behind them. They turned over 10 seconds after I got there. Terror was written all over their faces. They stunk of fear and B-O. I was smiling, and that scared them even more.

"Listen. . ." One of them muttered. In the corner of her eye, I saw the root raised more by their clumsy, running feet.

"Silence." Still strong but a little rusty because I haven't used my voice awhile. To them it sounded like their death. He shut up at once. I heard them gulp at the same time. Just what I wanted, eager and terrified.

"Now listen gentlemen, or shall I call you assholes! Why the hell did you put a god damn dart in my friend's neck?" Now it sounded rusty and frail. I cleared my throat. They didn't say anything.

"ANSWER ME!" I blazed. It sounded calm to me. It was what brought them out of their trance. But to them it was a yell, a command, and a demand. And so they spoke.

"We thought you were being attacked. We were trying to protect you. But I guess you didn't need any help." He stopped abruptly.

"The truth. Why?" I asked again.

"We need money." The other one said suddenly.

"So either the plan is to kill him or sell him. So after you plan to kill him is to skin him? What would you do to the meat and the bones, or the brains? Answer me that." My eyes were blazing, I could feel them beating with my heart beat.

"Leave it for other animals?" Trying it if it were the right answer. Fear was always in their eyes. Now there was something new. Astonishment.

"Oh, really? It looks to me, that you guys are poachers. What were you going to do? Sell him? Skin him? Or just skin him and leave him to rot?" I was outraged. I couldn't believe these men! Now I know why I hated men when I was younger.

Now they had a desperate look on their faces. Just by the look of them, I had the answer. I didn't have to read their minds, just to know what they were thinking. It stood out on their faces.

"Get out! Get out of here! Both of you! Get!" And they started to get up and crawl away. So I decided to kick them in the ass while they were getting up.

I found the limb of a vine hanging just above my head and grabbed it. I took my feet off the ground and swung back, and hit them both in the ass. They went down with a thump and a gust of air. They were a sprawled together and they crawled away from me.

I jumped down in my bare feet and looked around. I saw their two guns. Must have fell off when they fell. I disassembled them. There were three tranquilizer darts still in them, but I took them just in case.

I stood there waiting to see if they'll come back for their guns, but they didn't. I waited for ten minutes to make sure. But as I turned, I heard something that shocked me. A merchant ship whistle blow. I looked back the way they ran and just stared. Oh, God. There is going to be more of them. I thought. I was swearing to myself while I walked back to Hunter.

9

Randy and Richard came running out of the jungle and onto the naked beach. It looked like they were running for dear life. Logan saw all of this on the side of the ship. He started to get worried that something was wrong.

Logan rolled a life boat over the side and asked Charlie and Matt to see if they could lower him down. They stopped what they were doing, mopping the deck, and lowered him down to the water.

Logan undid the lines and as on the water with a smack. "Thanks Guys!" He called up to them.

"No problem!" Matt called down to him as well. And they turned back to what they were doing.

Before Logan could row to shore, they were already in the water coming to him. They would reach it in 2 minutes, Logan calculated. And he rowed.

"Hurry! Come on! We've got to get back to the ship." They yelled. They started to push the life boat toward the ship.

"Stop!" It seemed like they didn't hear. Logan grabbed them on the scruff of their necks and held them there but what troubled him was when he touched them, they shrieked. He lifted them in the air, with no trouble at all. He raised them to his face. They were struggling. He could smell a faint fragrance that he used to know, but couldn't quite know what it was.

"Stop." He said in a calm, demanding voice and they did. "What is the matter?" He asked. And a bunch of other questions will follow. He heard the loud whistle blow.

"We . . . We . . . We. . ." they muttered, struggling for breath.

"Stop, take a deep breath and let it out." They did. Richard had a gust of wind coming out of his mouth, but Randy's was better. It was shaky, but it was slow and steady.

"Randy, what happened?" Randy was a little guy, but he was tough. And he didn't speak much, but he was always calm and reasonable.

He took another deep breath; let a steady stream of cigarette breath past Logan's face. He didn't flinch of the breath. "There was a woman . . . ."

10

I came into the clearing and saw Hunter still lying on the ground, breathing deep. I walked over to him and picked him up. I looked at the dart that was in his shoulder. I pulled it out, and he whimpered in his sleep.

"It's all right." I said in a calming voice. And I started to pet him, and I started toward the cave.

I was thinking along the way. I was worried of what was going to come. What if they found the Leopard's cave? What if they kill them all? All sorts of questions came to me, but I wouldn't be able to answer them.

That night the idea of someone killing the leopards grew more, and it troubled me so. I was so upset that Mira snuck up on me.

Maxe?

Yeah? I turned around. I saw the look on her face, and it was worry.

What happened today? She wondered.

You don't want to know. We still talked in our heads, it was easier.

Why won't you tell me? I'm your friend.

I know it's just. . . I want to stay here, with my family.

No one said you had to leave.

I know. But a ship is here, and I got a family back at my other home. I have cubs of my own. I have to go back.

You want help? She asked. I didn't answer. I was thinking too hard.

Maxe?

Yeah. But it will be in a couple of days from now. For right now, just leave me be.

Alright. And she left me there. Sitting in a tall grassy field, looking at the stars. I imagined my tape recorder, which had some of my life on it, in my hand. When I opened my eyes, it was there. And I kept my story going.