Secrets Hidden Within Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'"Yeah, my Uncle and I were vampire slayers, and I don't care if. . ." I fast forward it. I pressed play once more.

'"Nope. Continue with you're . . ."

'"AWHHHHH!!!"

'"Oh Shit!"' I pushed stop, then play and record, and on with my story.

"Sorry about that. Me and Zack had a little trouble with a vampire. Please don't worry. I'll tell you later about it.

"So he gave me the stuff that he was working on. I drank it. I didn't need blood, didn't have their weaknesses, or a third blood filled eye on the top of my forehead. You're probably wondering about that. And I'll tell you.

"Real long term vampires have a third eye. It's full of blood, but never over flows. Somehow Uncle Louie found a treatment to not to change me into a full-blooded vampire. I guess it also stopped the process of forming the third eye to appear. Weird for you, enough? Don't worry, my story gets weirder.

"And so I lay on the couch in Uncle's mobile home. He drives, and I lay there, sick as a dog.

11

My body was throbbing with pain. I couldn't understand what was happening. My head was screaming of pain. I just ached all over. I lost a lot of blood, as I can tell. There was blood on the couch, and that's never a good sign.

I tried to sit up, but a sick bolt of pain shot up through my head and I almost fainted, but I fought it off. I was hard just to stay up. My head felt like bowling ball of pain. It was throbbing and shredding with pain. It reminded me of when I was younger. I fought off the dizziness, and swung my legs over the couch.

I stood and swayed but stood my ground. The Home gave a lurch and I fell to the floor. I landed on the floor with a thump! Because I lost my breath.

I thought I would never get up again, but I eventually did after lying there for two hours. I think I dozed while I was down there. But who could tell. It was like I was on and off a couple of times.

But then it stopped, and panic flew inside me. Uncle Louie is going to find me on the floor, and think I'm dead, or worse pretending to be dead, and think I'm a vampire and kill me. I try to get up, and faintness try to take me again but I didn't let it. I grabbed the side of the corner and clung there for dear life.

I got to my feet and swayed, I heard the car door slam. I took a step and my knee buckled beneath me. Now I was bowing, but I didn't give up. But then the door opened and let a brilliant flash of sun in and they pierced my eyes, making them water. I saw a silhouette form in front of the piercing sun. But then my skin started to burn. I screamed.

I tried to get away but I tripped and fell over something. And so I crawled to get out of the killing sun. But then I felt a strong hand seize the scruff of my neck and lifted me in the piercing light. I screamed in pain that is so familiar to me to this day.

12

He saw her pick herself up from the floor and try to scurry away, but fell to her knees once again. She started to crawl away, but then he knew he had to finish the job. By killing his own niece. Louie grabbed her by the neck and pushing her into the piercing light that will kill her. He wished he was in time, but he was wrong, or so he thought. He heard her scream in pain in the morning's light. But then there came a sigh, and she fell limp in his hands, but still intact.

She was limp in his hands, maybe still alive. He left her there for just a few more seconds, but then pulled her toward him. She looked beautiful yet dangerous, just like a vampire. She looked like a bright and yet dark kind of beauty. As if from good and evil battling but never won, it just tied, it was a stalemate.

Before this she had a couple of pimples that come from puberty, but they were gone, just like what left. He took her back in the mobile home, and let her sleep her dreamless sleep or the nightmares of past vampires that will come and haunt her.

13

I opened my eyes and saw Uncle Louie standing over me. He pushed a rag on my face and patted it. It felt like I had a fever. I was just burning up like a house going up in flames that you can't put out.

"Uncle Louie? Why did you hurt me?" I heard myself ask. I started to remember what happened to me, what he done to me.

"Honey, I didn't want to see you hurting in side, and also not killing other people. And if I did have to kill you it would be over with." He still patted my head, but the rag was already warm.

"But I am in pain!" I shouted. Another sick pain shot through me while I tried to get up, but I fell back with anger and faintness.

"But you are still human." He smiled. He was calm. That sick bastard. He would rather let me here in pain than dead!

"Why did you let me live?" I wondered.

"Because the light killed the remaining what was left of the vampire that was in you. And plus it is Ka and destiny. I don't know which." He looked flustered.

"Uncle Louie, why do you think it let me live?" I really wondered about that. It really bothered me, because I wanted to be with my parents.

"I don't know, but here is a reason that you might not like. But I'm not telling you, unless you promise me that you will sleep this sickness off?" He had a stern look on his face. He got up rinsed the rag out and watered it down again with cold water. He came back toward me, wanting my answer.

"I promise." I promised.

"Thank you." We stuck out our hands and spit in them, turned them upside down and shook. That's our way of making promises. "Alright, the reason I think, is maybe the world still needs you, or maybe it's just ka. Now go back to sleep." He kept on wiping my face off. I stopped his hand, looked directly in those killer eyes.

"Just one more thing." He looked concerned. "Explain to me what Ka is."

She looked serious. "Honey, you alright know about ka." She kept giving him the look.

"Dad, used to tell me about it when I went to go to sleep. Kind of like a bedtime story. I fell in love with his voice and words. I just want to hear them again." Her eyes held him there, glued together.

"Alright." and he began about ka and the myth that surrounded it. And I gradually fell asleep.

I fell through time to get back where I actually was. Lying in the field which other animals sleep. As it gets later in the morn, and yet I still try to sleep.

14

I lay there, falling asleep in my own words, just drowning them out, as I begin to fall asleep. Just then, I heard a crack of thunder. I looked up and in just in time to see the lightning bolt that came with it. I smiled. Then a second later it started to steadily rain.

Hitting my face as if cleaning it by nature's will. I let it rain on me, making me fill clean once more. But still a dirty spot still remains on my mind. It is my past and now. What was going to happen? But I didn't mind.

I turned off the tape recorder, and left to go to the cave to go sleep the remaining sleep I could get.

Chapter 9

The Hunt

Logan lay there on his cot in the dark, in the middle of the night, thinking about what Randy said. What if it was her? What if it's not? What if it's her sister or somebody she passed by? Other many questions soared through his mind, wanting to them to be answered. But the answer would not come.

He lay restless, not able to sleep for a minute. It drove him nuts for almost five years now. Just knowing she might be out there, just waiting for him to come. He wanted to get her now, not just later.

He turned on his side for a millionth time, but still he kept on thinking of her. Finally he thought I'll get her tomorrow if she is out there. She's a big tough girl. She can take care of herself. And with that he slided into a deep, dreamless sleep.

1

I awoke with a scream in my throat, but I gulped it back down. I sat up and looked around, to where I was. I felt something move along my arm.

I looked and grabbed it. It was a leopard's tail, probably Hunter's. I let go of it, before he could wake.

I looked around to make sure the leopards were still sleeping. I went out of the cave and went to a nearby stream. I bent over to cup a handful of cold water and splashed it on my face. When I was done, I saw a reflection. Not mine, but somebody behind me. I whirled around but nobody was there.

"Hello?" I called out. The only answer came was the crickets cricking, and the birds singing.

The sun was coming up slowly, as usual. The light was coming over the horizon. Making the sky turn into brilliant colors. I was just about to head for the cave, when it dawned on me, that I had to do something first.

I have to check the ship.

2

He wondered when Logan, him and buddies would be able to go out into the jungle. His break was at noon, but it was only nine o' clock already. He just got up an hour ago with the buddies, like they usually do. And with Logan he was always up first. Always awake, alert, and ready.

It looked like Logan hadn't had an ounce of sleep in a year. He must feel really bad, because his wife left him. Poor Logan. He just couldn't face the facts, could he?

He was just turning away, when something caught his eye. It was on the beach, but then it dived in, and coming this way. He kept looking for it to come up, but it didn't. Must be some kind of animal. And so he turned away to finish his work. Later on he will hear a big splash, which he thinks is an animal.

3

I didn't have any boat so I had to swim. I dived in, and the freezing cold water surrounded me. I didn't dare come back up, otherwise I'll freeze to death, or someone will see me. I stayed where I was for the moment, so I could get used to the water. Then I kept moving, to keep my body heat, warming me. It may have been slow because of the cold, but I kept on moving.

Suddenly I needed to breathe, but I didn't risk it. My body was just panicking. I decided to turn into a fish. Not just any fish, but a dolphin. It turned my journey quicker, and I wasn't cold no more.

I broke the water by jumping in the air, taking in a deep breath of sweet air. And then I pushed myself to go even deeper into the depths.

After awhile I got to the ship. I changed into my human form and I was immediately cold again. I broke the surface of the water and gulped in sweet cold air. The sun was out so the air was not so cold like the other mornings. Other mornings you could almost see your breath. It was warm, and there was no wind, so the air didn't make me shiver.

I looked around to see if the anchor was down. It was, so I swam to it, so I could climb aboard. I grabbed the chain and started to climb. I reached the top, but didn't go aboard yet.

I peered into the hole, but didn't see anybody. I climbed over the side cautiously. I didn't hear anything roaming about. I wondered if it wasn't deserted. I shook off most of the water that was still hanging from my skin. If anybody saw me, they would think I was shaking like a dog. After that I was mostly dry. But then I heard footsteps.

I hurried away, into a shadowed corner I hid. I blended right into it. Just like cat burglars do.

"God damn it." Said a low grumbling voice. "Kraven said this, Kraven said that. Just why don't he just say 'Shot me' and I would. All I want to do . . ." It paused. I sucked in a breath.

"God, fuck a duck!" He cried. "I just mopped this damn thing yesterday!" I let my breath go.

"Would you calm yourself, Matt?" Said another voice. But this voice was familiar, but I couldn't place it. I heard Matt jump.

"Why do you have to do that?" Exasperated and pissed.

"Do what?" asked the other voice.

"Sneak up on us like that! Fuck me Freddy, you do it all the time!"

"I do? I don't even try." He said unbelieving Matt.

"Well it seems like it, you jackass!" Matt said.

The other guy made a noise that was a donkey. I had to hide a fit of giggles that wanted to crawl up my throat.

"Yeah, that's you alright." Matt laughed.

"Oh bite my bender!"

"Go suck on yo' mama!" Matt laughed. The laughter was harder to fight back this time. I had my hand clamped around my mouth so they would not climb out.

They were both laughing now. I wanted to join them, but I had a job to do. I was going to go when I heard, "Wait, I'll go get the bucket."

"Yeah, thanks." Laughing a little laugh to go along with it.

I heard the snickering, but I didn't hear the footsteps. The snickering was getting louder. Oh shit! I thought. I heard a creak, and then I felt a vibration coming out of the wall behind me. Then I heard a splash of water, and then I could feel a hand being pressed where I was, but against the wall. I prayed that he couldn't feel the weight of me.

The hand went away, and then I heard a series of splashes going away.

"Here, I'll help ya." Said the voice.

"Thanks Logan." I sucked in a gasp. Is that really Logan? Is it my husband? I tear ran down my cheek. I was in a state of shock. Then images and flash backs started appearing.

"Logan take that hat off! You look so goofy!" He had a woman's garden hat on. We were at a yard sale. Baby Jesse was only six years old. She was holding my hand.

"Daddy, you look silly." She replied. Logan had a grin on his face. I grinned back. He came to me and I took off his hat and landed a good kiss on him.

We were at the pool one day. We still hated each other. I had another flash back when I was in the water and almost drowned. He saved me. I was in a towel and shivering. My lungs were burning. But I was able to breathe again. I looked at Logan.

"You alright?" He looked concerned.

"Thanks." I was confused myself. It was the first time when I had a flashback of my past in the water. And it wasn't my last.

"You sure you're alright?"

"No." I shook my head. I was freezing except my lungs. He took his arm and wrapped it around my shoulder and pulled me close.

"I promise, I'll take care of you." I smiled. I just wanted to sleep. So I laid my head on his chest. And he kissed my head, when I fell fast asleep.

I was crying silently in my hiding place, seeing these things that happened through the years. I was furious at myself. Getting myself worked up like this.

Suddenly they stopped. And I was glad. I wiped the tears away with the heel of my hand. It can't be Logan. There are a thousands of Logans in the world. I replied to myself silently.

Then I almost cried out of hearing the slopping buckets on the floor. It was time to get out of here. And so I crept away and down the stairs. The noise that was down here was a low roar.

4

They were finally finished. He carried the bucket into the storage shed, and put his hand on the wall to steady the bucket. But he didn't feel the firmness in it this time. He wondered about that. He closed the door, and wandered over to the other side. He felt at the boards, they were warm. The floor was wet, and smelled salty. Either sea water or tears. Something was on the ship.

"Ring the alarms!" he whispered. Matt mouthed 'what?'.

"Ring the alarms!" he spoke. Matt had a shock expression, but he bid what he was told. And then the alarms blared the warning. Then came the stomping footsteps up the steps.

5

I looked around, seeing what I tripped, but I saw no wiring, or anything for touch sensitive. It was just a ship. Someone saw me. I couldn't go on the steps, they will see me. What if? Go through walls? A smile spread across my face.

I felt my body tingle as I levitated and went through the floor boards. When I was an inch above the floorboards, I touched ground. I got low so they couldn't spot me. They were all looking around, as if to look for something. My guess, would be me. I did not see any weapons, except pocket knives.

"Hey!"

6

Glenn turned the corner of the ship and saw someone kneeling behind the storage shed. Feet really dirty, hair a little damp making it a long, black hair. He got up to five feet away from them, and said, hey. She turned, and her eyes blazed as if a warning, or a threat. He was caught off guard from the eyes, and tripped back.

She got up and kept her gaze on him. He kept making steps back. He was afraid of her, afraid of a woman! Then she hissed, making him fly back ward. He hit the railing, hurting his already tortured back. Just for an instant he sees his wife aiming the gun at him to get away from him. He turns to run away, but in the end he had a bullet in his back ever since that day.

Then the strange woman hisses again, and then he hears shouts that are faded in to the background. His whole attention is on the strange woman. She jumps up as if frightened, but this was no ordinary jump, this was a frog leap. She was still a few good feet away from him, but she had no trouble jumping over him and into the water with a perfect dive.

Glenn was shocked with fear that he barely heard the men shouting at him.

"Quiet!" a voice roared. Everything got silent. The men were separating to make a path to Glenn. The person who was making them separate was Logan.

"What was it?" Logan asked. And Glenn cleared his voice to speak.

7

I was racing off the beach and into the jungle. That was close, to damn close! I was almost caught and by a stupid sailor. I'm not going back on that ship, unless I'm boarding it. I was weaving through all the thick vines making a long run. So if they wanted to follow it would take them a long time just to find me. I smiled at that. And I kept on running to the cave.

It will be tonight when they found me.

8

Logan landed on the shore and pulled it up to the beach.

"Logan. You shouldn't come." Spoke Captain Trips.

"And why miss all the fun?" He smiled. He was positive it could be Maxe. He couldn't wait. His heart was doing triple time because he was so excited.

They started following the trail which took them awhile. Logan was in back but couldn't put up with the slowness. He was a better tracker than these idiots, and they know it. He squeezed through the crowd and into the front.

"Jack?" He asked the Captain. "Never mind." Jack looked back. He kept his mouth shut.

"Logan, I don't need all these guys. Take half of them back to the ship." He kept looking at the tracks. So Logan left to take back the others.

9

They came back later that night but brought nothing. Must of not found her. He wished that he founded her by now. He sighed and faced the facts head on. And it was a slap in the face. It hurt, it really hurt. Why couldn't he face it before? Why couldn't he see that she left to another person?

His mind spoke up. Because you know her better. You have two kids with her, and I doubt that she would leave the kids to you. And also, why would she leave when you guys were about to get married? He cried finally. He always held it up inside, and finally he let it go. She wouldn't leave you, you're a good guy. She would never leave you. But yet he somehow doubted his thoughts.

But all he did was cry, he didn't try to think about it anymore. He just gave up, and there was a pain in his heart, that will never go away. He thought. But then he heard something far into the distance. It was singing. His heart filled with hope and joy. He didn't even think, he just jumped into a lifeboat and tugged himself down.

Then he was in the water, rowing to shore. He was determined to find her this time. He knew he would find her this time. And soon he was on land, running to the singing voice. But careful not to make a sound. And soon the sound filled his ears, making a beautiful melody in his head. He wasn't sure if it was her or not anymore. But he just had to see.

He brushed aside a bush, and he gasped. It was a beautiful waterfall. And standing right in it was a beautiful woman singing a beautiful song. Her face was in shadow, but the moon gave the land a look like as if there was sun still standing. He didn't know if it was her, so he stood and watched her and listened.