Secrets Hidden Within Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

10

I brushed a hair over my forehead, and washed in the cold, silky, clean water. For a second I had a feeling of being watched. I looked around, but saw nothing. I forgot about it, and bathed. I needed a bath real bad.

Before I got here, I was reeking of sweat from my misadventure. Now I'll smell like the mountain falls. I sighed and wished Logan was here. I wonder what he's thinking right now? And my mind drifted to Logan and the mishap that happened today. But I was still singing the song that my mother sung all those years ago.

And over and over the words just drifted out as I thought.

11

He watched her bath for awhile now, still couldn't see her face, she must be in her own thoughts. Trying to figure out all the stuff that would be happening soon, probably. But then, she stepped away from the falls, and shook off like a dog. He smiled. Then she started climbing the rock wall.

What is she doing? He wondered. But she got to the top, and she dived off. He gaped at her. The mountain was tall, and she was plummeting to the water. And it looked like it was not that deep. He was thinking of stopping her, but his feet were frozen to the ground, and his mouth was dry. He just couldn't move. When she reached the water, she did a perfect dive, barely a splash. It also looked like she went deep.

After a couple of minutes went by, he started to get worried. Logan gulped back fear, and began to move forward. He looked deep into the water, but couldn't see anything. Then he heard humming coming from behind the waterfall. He wondered if there was a cave behind there. He got against the rock wall and saw a little opening to get inside. So he slipped inside. He looked around but didn't see anything. The humming swelled when it all stopped all together. But then he heard a shuffle of feet, and then got drugged back. He felt a knife of some sort pushed to his neck, almost to cutting it.

He didn't move. He knew it was the woman right away. She was right behind him, without any clothes on, so it's kind of not hard to tell. Her breasts were pushed against his back, making him feel lust for Maxe, but she wasn't here to help. He could tell she was just a little shorter than him, probably 5' 6". Making her six inches from his height. Just like Maxe. He felt the pain which the memory brought.

He didn't want to move but he had to get back to the ship, and this wasn't getting him there. He grabbed her arm, and propelled her to come forward. Now she was the one that was in danger. He had her arm behind her back, twisting it in the wrong way. He didn't want to hurt her, but just so she would get the point. She dropped the knife, it clanged onto the ground.

He could feel her sleek muscles in her back with his chest and arm. They felt just like Maxe's. He had his face in her hair, and he could smell her, just like Maxe. He was so sure it was her, that the next thing that he was doing was kissing her. A desperate, hopeful, deep kiss. She resisted some but she gave up and melted into his arms like Maxe usually does.

He pulled back from her just in time. But he couldn't see her face, so he couldn't make sure it was Maxe or not. Otherwise it would have gotten a lot more farther than he wanted it to be. And so he left her there, standing there, with a confused look on her face, bare-naked.

12

I felt the stranger turn me around, and kissed me a desperate deep kiss. I tried to resist, but I felt the burning desire begin in my belly, and so I melted in his arms. I tried to think it was Logan, because this guy was the same height and everything. But I couldn't see his face, it was in shadow.

But that was when he pulled back from me, making them both coming to their senses, then he left. I sighed. Thank god it didn't go so far. I prayed. I was confused why he pulled away, because most of the time if the guy got as far as a kiss, he wanted to go all the way with me. But not this time.

I noticed that I was yearning for a touch of somebody, and he triggered some of it. And that wasn't Logan, I let rip all the way with him. I smiled. From the action that happened my nipples were hard with excitement. Begging to be held and sucked.

I was still hot from the his touch, but I was cooling off. I wondered who the guy was? Could it really be Logan? I shook my head, because I didn't believe in the idea. But could he get so worried with me that he took a ship half the way across the world and come get me? I left the possibility in my mind. That wasn't like Logan.

I slipped out of the little cave, and got my clothes back on. Then I headed for the cave. I was wondering if it really was Logan. And it troubled me so.

13

He felt the after affects from the thing in the cave. He wasn't sure if it was her, he just didn't know. He was thinking of Maxe. And thought he was cheating on her. It was just one kiss. His mind whispered. Still you love Maxe. And you feel wrong, which is cheating! His mind was arguing with its self, that he just didn't care. He felt wrong, because from the stranger. If he didn't pull back then, he would have lost it.

He sighed. He couldn't believe he was doing this, just because of Maxe. Just of thinking of the stranger and Maxe gave him a hard-on. It was bad enough from that. He didn't know the person and he got this affect from it. What a asshole I'm been lately. He thought.

He was so troubled, that he didn't know where he was going, but eventually he found his boat and started rowing to the ship. He couldn't sleep that night.

14

"Yes Logan?" Jack asked. They were back on the trail of foot prints. He looked uncertain. Still looking at the tracks from yesterday. This was going to be hard he thought. But it was a challenge which he was going to take. "What do you need?"

"Let me track. You know I'm a better tracker than all of you. If you do it, we'll be there tomorrow night. If I do it, it will be by nightfall tonight." Jack looked at him and saw he was serious. This morning he looked really troubled. Something was on his mind lately.

"Alright Logan." He let him track, because it was true to what he said. And plus it would take his mind of other things like his wife and his family.

So Logan tracked and was a good tracker. He found footsteps, broken twigs, or muddy footprints. And it was true, they were there by nightfall. Later than they should, but still.

The tracks stopped a feet in front of a little landing, and what looked like a huge rock.

"Jack, they stop."

"Good, so where is it?" he asked.

"I don't know. The tracks stop right in front of the landing, maybe she's around somewhere."

"Maybe." Jack didn't believe that, but he knew it was around somewhere. Somewhere real close. "Yeah, it's somewhere all' right." Jack said. "Logan, go back, I don't need you." He gestured to five men to his right. They all had tranquilizer guns.

"But Jack . . ." he started to argue.

"No, buts! Now go!" Logan hesitated, but he did what he was told. "Alright Men, let's get this over with." Jack ordered. He wanted to see this thing; maybe it could get him a little money on it. He grinned.

15

I snapped awake from the dream. And as usual, I had goose bumps and cold sweat breaking out on my skin. But then I felt something different. Somebody coming.

"Oh shit." I near-whispered. I looked at the cave opening. I could hear low voices, and soft footsteps. They were coming after me.

I looked around to see if the leopards were awake. I was thinking of waking them when someone said, "Hey, there's an opening here. I'm going in." I whirled around; saw a man holding a tranquilizer gun. Then other men started to appear. They all had tranquilizer guns.

They were looking around. They were amazed of how many leopards there were here. "Hey, it's me you want not them!" I roared. A few ears perked up, but no heads came to see. The men looked at me with shock amazement.

"Get out!" I roared. They hesitated, but they stayed.

I growled. They now had fear in their faces. Also uncertainty. I took a step toward them, but they didn't move.

I took another, but then one of them squeezed the trigger. A dart came flying out and hit me just below the collar bone. I pulled it out and came running to them. They started to move back and they shot me a couple times. But it didn't work on me.

The moon was out and it came into the opening of the cave. The moonlight glinted off the metal claws coming out of my knuckles. I came down and met skin. There was a terrible ripping sound, it was the kind of sound that made your stomach give a lurch, and your teeth would clench together. But I didn't do either.

There came a cry of pain and rapid breathing. My claws slipped back in my hand, and left blood marks on my knuckles. There was enough blood to dance across my knuckles and drip to the ground. And the stranger fell to the floor, lifeless and hopeless. "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned." I brought my claws out again, ready for the next attacker. Then suddenly I was grabbed and pulled back.

I couldn't breathe; a hand was clamped to my mouth and nose. I grabbed his arm and propelled him forward. The stranger did that to me last night, I thought. I did a big twist with his arm, and I heard a crack. "Huh!" A cry of pain.

"Shoot her! Just get her god damn it!" A angry voice said. I heard a growl then screams. I smiled. One of the leopards woke up and heard me struggle.

"God damn it! Do I have to do everything around here?" He shouted. I heard a gun cock. Not a tranquilizer, but a hand .38 gun. Then it fired. It shot me in the arm. Then I saw his face in the moonlight. A haggard, pirate's face. His age was showing, and it made him look like a skull. He looked like he was in his late sixties. He was grinning now, so it made it turn into a grinning skull.

But then Hunter pounced on him, knocking him to the ground and releasing him of his gun. He struggled to get the leopard off.

I was struggling myself. This man had a broken wrist, which he had to get 7 surgeries just to get back in place. But he kept on moving. I shoved him to the rock wall. I heard a crunch whenever he hit the wall. It was either his skull or nose, I thought. I didn't know if he was dead or not, but I said it anyway, "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."

I looked back and saw him push Hunter off him and struggled to his feet. He got his gun and aimed it at Hunter. Hunter was getting to his feet also. He didn't notice.

I flung myself in the bullet's path, so it hit me instead of Hunter. If I didn't it would have killed him. Where the bullet hit was the side of my neck. Good thing he wasn't closer, otherwise the bullet would go through my neck. I groaned from the rip at my throat.

I looked back at the man that shot me. He was stunned. I grinned my devil smile just to make him squirm with fear. Then I cracked my neck on both sides and started to dig with my nails to get the bullet out. It hurt, and I found myself grinding my teeth. And all through that he watched with amazement.

Finally I just ripped the bullet out of my neck. I looked at it, and it dripped blood. I dropped it with the look of disgust. I looked at him and he cringed away. I smiled. Then a shadow fell through the opening. I looked at the figure. But couldn't see him.

"Go to hell!" he yelled. It echoed through the cave. Then I heard him pull the trigger and three darts came at me. I moved away, but he shot some more.

One hit my arm, another hit me in the side while I was turning to see if any of them were awake. They weren't, except Hunter. I was always alone when it came down to the fighting. And that broke me in a rage. Some of the darts were in my back, digging into my skin. But I didn't even feel them. I started to run and charge at them. Five more darts hit me in the chest.

But now I felt dizzy and sick. I just wanted to sleep. I realized the tranquilizers are kicking in. I was starting to slow down. I didn't feel right. Not like myself.

"Take me." I asked in a small child's voice. And I fell to the ground, lying unconscious. The rest of the men stared at each other.

"Alright, take her, and let's get back to the ship!" Jack said. He was still shocked that she didn't die. She just stood there, smiling, digging in her own neck.

He had a queasy feeling in his stomach that wouldn't go away. He tried to shake off the feeling, but it stayed. He looked at the three men lying on the floor of the cave. He turned the first one over, and it was Derek Sherfield. It looked like he got slayed by three huge claws. It cut him in the face and in the chest. In the chest the cuts were real deep. Derek Sherfield was dead.

He turned the next one and he was Paul Johns. He was breathing very ragged breaths but he was alive. It was that damn leopard who attacked him.

The third man was Dustin Barker. He was alive, but with a broken nose and a wrist. That's got to hurt, he thought. One lost, two wounded, one coward, one brave shit, and me. The One Brave Shit and me are going have to carry the girl, he thought miserably.

"Just so you know Captain, I do have a name other than 'One Brave Shit'." Jack looked at the man in the doorway of the cave. "My name is Rick Selby."

"How did you know, I was calling you that?" He wasn't surprised if Selby knew. He always has his ways of knowing.

"You were muttering to yourself. And you said it out loud." Selby looked stern.

"Whatever. But you are one, whether you like it or not." They both smiled. "Come on. Let's get back to the ship before dawn." They woke the two wounded men, and Jack and Selby buried Derek, said a prayer and tried to carry the unconscious woman out of the cave. But it might as well be carrying a ton.

"There's so much blood in here." Dustin remarked. Selby looked at Dustin's face and there still was blood on his face.

"No shit Sherlock. Jack brought out his .38 and put a bullet in her neck. But she didn't die, like he planned. She just dug into her own neck." Selby said in disgust.

"Sheesh. Tough bitch. I wonder what it would be like to have her in bed." Dustin commented.

"You have no idea." Rick added to himself. He looked into Dustin's face, and saw a grimace of pain as Dustin touched it. "You okay? Your face doesn't look to hot."

"Well no wonder. She did give a broken nose and a broken wrist." Anger started to rise in him.

"You want me to put your wrist back into place?" Selby offered.

"Ahh, no! It will hurt worse than it is." He remarked.

"Just asking." Rick shut up and went back to work. He wished they never had come here.

"Selby!" Selby turned around and saw Captain Jack come in. "How many darts does it take to make a human pass out?"

"Ahh. One. But if it doesn't affect, two does the trick." He knew where this was going.

"Check her; see how many darts she took." Jack ordered. He turned and left the cave. Selby checked, she took 24 darts. He went to tell the captain.

"Twenty-four Cap'n." He was amazed. No possible human can't take that many without going into a coma. Her she was in fast asleep.

"She's a mutant alright." Speaking to himself. "Come on, I want to get the hell out of here."

"Cap'n? What about the leopards?" he asked.

"Leav'em. They have no concern from me." Jack turned to go. Then he stopped and waited to leave.

Paul and Dustin were standing in front of the cave. "Come let's get her and get the hell out of here." He said. "Paul can you lift?" Paul shook his head.

"I can make a stretcher." Paul said.

"Make it quick." Selby said. Paul left to go and make a stretcher.

Selby went in and saw the leopard that attacked Paul curled up next to the woman. He noted that it was just a cub.

The cub looked up, and he saw hatred and resentment. "She's just asleep." He turned her over to see her face. She was beautiful. But she looked absolutely dangerous. He looked out of the opening and saw no one in sight. Then he kissed her soft bruised lips.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to the woman. The cub watched with fascination. "Go get her things." He said to the cub, without realizing he said it at all. And to his surprise, the cub went to get it.

The cub came back less than five minutes later. It was holding a backpack in its mouth. "What's this?" he asked the leopard. And the cub looked down at her, then back at him. Hers.

He opened it and looked inside. He found a tape recorder, a set of tapes, a worn out book, and a notebook. He opened the notebook and found poems and short stories she had written. All the pages were filled up. There was none left to write on. Not a single paper empty. And they were all signed on the bottom that's said; by Maxe.

He read some of them, and he thought they were pretty good. A little on the dark-side but good. Then he checked the warn book and could barely make out the title, it was Dream catcher, by Stephen king.

Then Paul came in, and he had a stretcher made. They rolled her on top and they were ready to go.

"Alright now we can leave." He gave a leopard a pat on the head, and carried the woman and her backpack to the ship. Going to the ship while the sun rises across the hilltop.