All Comments on 'Selfish Spouse'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 217 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved it. 5

XluckyleeXluckylee3 months ago

You wrote a great story about a man that thought too much of himself. 5 stars from Xluckylee.

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Great story 5*

TwentysevenTwentyseven4 months ago

Nice to read a story where the husband is the swine.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He fucked around. And he found out.

mainer42mainer425 months ago

He got what he was entitled to, nothing

trucker1965trucker19656 months ago

Treat your wife like piece of property and sooner or later she'll take it back. Husband is getting what he wants, freedom, just not how he wanted it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i seriously didn't see that coming . the focus was on him and his perspective in the beginning .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is unfortunately not uncommon on the real world, where the cheater cannot see what they do as wrong, but are ready to crucify their spouse if they are cheating and are overly suspicious.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@calico: where did you get the impression that he didn’t care? It’s obvious throughout the entire story that he does care, just in a fucked up way.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Powerful. My question is why was he crying at the end. He had not cared for her for months at least. He should have been indifferent at the end or angry that something he thought was his got away.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A beautiful story of a lawyer getting his just desserts. He came across as a total scumbag. Well written

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Oh I bet that’s so near the truth of many a failed marriage

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just goes to show lawyers are often egostastical selfish bastards. Hope the wife does better now that he's history.

16GaDouble16GaDouble9 months ago

I'm going to do something I virtually never do, leave feedback without reading the entire story. Once I got a picture of what a pompous, self-absorbed asshat the MC was, I just stopped. Not worth my time to continue, and I shouldn't have taken the time to even write this, but I needed you to know I didn't have a happy experience here at Lit this time around.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Jav, you'll probably get a whole lot more comments like the one from the idiot below who calls you dumb then demonstrates who's really dumb by calling the MC a cuck, which is actually the only negative thing that doesn't apply to him. The MC in this story is what we in the UK call an 'absolute wanker' and gets everything he deserves. I wouldn't pee on someone like him if he were on fire! Good luck to the long suffering Chris in her future life.

remb95remb9511 months ago

Another dipstick that avoids communication . He deserves what is coming

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

He's a cheating prick, he deserves every bad thing he's going to get. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Dumb writer, cuckold husband.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Finally a realistic LW story, where the MC/husband is the cheater. I thought that women were the only ones that ever cheated in a marriage. You are not going to get many stars from the BTB crowd with this story, in fact they will probably stone you if they get the chance. Thanks for writing a story you knew wouldn’t be very popular. KS

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I really enjoyed this short story, and the undercurrents that were there throughout the story. When MC did not have a better response to the lecherous client trying to finger-fuck his wife, he sort of impeached himself, you might say.

Well-crafted

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Another story about an idiot husband. Disliked it.

MountainMan1336MountainMan133612 months ago

What do you expect? He is a lawyer, the worst back stabbing group of people this side of Hell. Of course he was cheating on his wife, all lawyers have to cheat or fuck someone over or they have withdrawals. In my opinion the only good thing about a lawyer is, sooner or later he will die.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

I think it would probably be for the best if his life was over. He has no redeeming features. Here's hoping he never bred.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

So why did she not just say something or work at it? This story was well written but it is like forced sadness. The silent treatment never fixes anything. Also the withholding sex thing that cliche is always doomed. If your not fucking your husband someone is.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Another

Marriage fails due to insensitivity sad

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

She should have left him after in three middle of that first client meeting. What a frigging pig.

Sad that in real life so many woman put up with that kind of man instead of moving on. Entitled scum bag

Great writing though!

jesemmojesemmoover 1 year ago

Literotica should develop a new category for "Stupid, Self-Centered, Asshole, Narcissistic Husbands. What a story this one would make in that category. You did a great job developing this story. I hated it, but loved how you brought it to a conclusion. 5 Stars.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Terry is a thoroughly unlikeable character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm thanking God, again, for my loyal wife/best friend. 47 years and never a hint of scandal or cheating. Her or me. It takes two to make a marriage. Neither of us is perfect, but we have been perfect for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To commenters who don't see Terry at fault or blame Christine, see the Imbalance series. Terry will tell it to you straight there who was at fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some commenters seem to misunderstand the timeline. She hired her PI first. He was cheating first with Stephanie. She cut him out because she suspected he was cheating. Why is that a surprise? She was out all the time the last month with the PI and attorney.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Nice switch on an old trope. After all this is the more common scenario. By their 50s, 29% of married men have had at least one extramarital affair, compared to 19% of women in the same age range. Ironically when considering all exclusive relationships, 58% of men and 54% of women have had one or more infidelities, but that includes exclusive romances of all types, and infidelities of all types (i.e. fail the spouse test).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the reverse angle on this "play". It's like watching a murder mystery from the serial killer's perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Narcissistic asshole MC deserved to get the shit kicked out of him as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hated the MC as soon as he let the client touch his wife, from then on he got what he deserved, a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every word she said was true. For him she was a commodity to be used to further his goals; my God, he practically whored his wife out at dinner. He uses his money to "buy her" just so he can keep the status quo. He's a cheating scum bag and is outraged that she might be cheating on him. He so delsionally narcissistic that he's clueless he, not her, is the problem. His justification? I make all the gold so you and the world answer to me.

God, what a scumbag.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So? She wasnt giving him any and stephanie didnt care and have him sex. He didnt really care about the wife so keep screwing steph and let the wife go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I firmly believe that one of the main reasons my wife and I are still together after 42 years, three children and two grandchildren is that while never workshy, I've treated each of the jobs I've had in that time the same way; as a means of making a living, not as some all important, all consuming, self defining activity. Family first, then job. When I read stories where the MCs spend more time travelling for work purposes than at home or bring their jobs home with them expending every last bit of energy on work then it's small wonder that their marriages go to shit. This one is only different in that the MC is such a disgusting character that he had it coming no matter what.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

FYI “mine’s” is not a word in the English language

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

Well, Terry damn sure got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. Nice story. The so called “aggrieved husband” is the self absorbed cheating bastard. And a lawyer “alpha male” type. A part 2 where his wife takes everything up to and including his shoelaces in the divorce could be very entertaining.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years ago

It's odd that some commentators claim the author misled us readers about Terry having sex with his secretary. I believe he gave a clear portent:

"Sometimes I believe that I would go crazy if Stephanie wasn't my secretary.... Because we were so close, she became my way of venting. I needed her shoulder to cry on. She was there, and Chris wasn't.... The further Chris and I got, the closer Stephanie and I became. Pretty soon, I actually preferred Stephanie's company to my wife's."

HiV I can understand overlooking (or skimming) that, but HDK? He's usually more perceptive (although later he did toss a seemingly sincere encouragement to Javmor to continue writing).

This was a well-written antithesis to the usual LW portrait of cheating wives. I applaud Javmor's willingness to subject himself to the inevitable slings and arrows that follow any failure to throw raw meat to the BTB zealots. Belated thanks to Javmor for both his talent and courage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worth a 5 star + just for the take down of that arrogant entitled bastard of a husband.

Just read the pretend alpha-male syndrome so beloved of ego driven lawyers in his statement "She didn't know who she was fucking with. If you think that you can cheat on a lawyer and see the light of day, you have another thing coming!"

And to his total surprise in the final confrontation she eviscerated him " I put up with your lecherous clients because YOU ASKED ME TO!

No Terry! YOU wanted all of that shit. I just sat by like a fucking retard and hoped that one day you would think enough about me to put me first once and a while. I tried to be the best wife for you and hoped that you would realize how much I mean to you. But I should have known that someone as narcissistic as you would only see what you wanted to see."

I refuse to be arm candy to you anymore. I'm not an accessory to be worn when it makes you look good. I'm a person with feelings.

Hell, you would let one of your clients fuck me if it got you ahead"

And that final statement really does sum up what a piece of shit he is.

underdog1underdog1about 2 years ago

I love reading some of the comments, one guy wants a zero rating, seriously, at least state a reason. Is your thought that the husband can't be an a-hole and cause a marriage to go down the shitter? Or is because the wife didn't overlook his neanderthal attitude. If you believe that this story doesn't mirror many failed marriages, you are sadly mistaken. Truth be told its probably the man's infidelity and stupidity that causes more marriages to fail than a womans. And it's not unheard of for a spouse to get so wrapped up in their own life that they almost totally destroy their marriage. A well written story that may serve as a wake-up call to some to blind to see themselves as the primary lead in this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much of a story,just an documentary of a few events. This must have been one of your first submissions. You did get the out come correct though.

AlericAlericover 2 years ago

Wow, the husband in this story is repugnance, reprehensible, despicable, and completely lacking in any kind of moral fiber. What kind of POS would let someone do that to his wife at a dinner meeting? He whores his wife and himself out for the almighty dollar, this proving he has no substance. It's no wonder his wife has no respect for him and suspected him of cheating.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star for this horrid story. We need a ZERO star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Typical lawyer, but he finally got his due deserve.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Reads like a poor morality tale. I think the reader knows where it will all wind up by the 5th or 6th paragraph. The PI double cross was was different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Horrible story. 1 star.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

The dude was an ass but what can you expect from a lawyer. Any sequel should link her up with a nice guy.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Very nice. There are 2 loose threads you forgot to tie up: Stephanie was engaged - what happened to the fiance'? If he is still around, I would bet he will dump her after those photographs. An even bigger problem is that he committed sexual harassment - as the boss he had a sexual relationship with a subordinate. Not only won't he become a partner, they may fire him. Can you say Karma?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@timriv, shouldn't the wife forgive her cheating husband? Or is it only the cheating wife should be forgiven?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice turnaround, you need a proofreader though. The story moved well and short enough to hold atention

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

What an idiotic story! Is javmor79 trying to descript psychotic amnesiac or javmor79 himself is psychotic amnesiac so he does not remember what he wrote few paragraphs earlier.

This is one of the most idiotic story I have read in the past month. In a search for turnaround plot this author just made a turnaround that does not make any sense whatsoever. I think even Saddletramp could not top this absurdity.

1 star for garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sometimes I wonder if the people who dislike a good story most are the ones who find it striking to close to home.

Thank you - 5 big ones

somewhere east of Omaha

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

What an arrogant dick.

fishgetterfishgetterabout 3 years ago

Serves the asshole right. Such a messed up ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sadly, this was a swing and a miss.

Thanks for playing, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Uh!

The husband states that he hasn’t had any sex for three months and the author suddenly drops the bombshell that the husband has been fucking his secretary during those 3 months! Why would he need sex from wife? How is that no sexual for three months! Silly plot line!

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Damn, what a loser.

She should've bailed way earlier, but I guess love can be blinding.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Yep, I guessed earlier on where this story was headed, as soon as let Wellington feel up his wife I knew where this would end. He thought more of his job than his wife.

Oh well, now he gets to woo the secretary, wife No2 on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Was that a marriage?

That marriage was a train reck to happen. He was no good, but she was worse and did all the usual things to create a obvious suspicion of infidelity, then with a twist of the wand the author turned her into the faithful, most loving wife of the planet, and the guy into a cad. Yeah, right!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Where is the ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The lesson to be learned here is, NEVER TRUST THE NARRATOR! A first-person account is always unreliable, half the story at best. At its worst, like here, the MC is telling you who and what he is(ALWAYS gets what he wants, realizes his wife is being groped and lets it happen, super intimate with his secretary who he needs to 'get him ready' for meetings, etc), but in ways that don't reveal anything unless you didn't trust them in the first place... Never trust the narrator, people! Not even once!

Slirpuff tried one like this, but I can't remember what it's called. I do remember an EPIC one called Jolene(yes, like the song, glad you caught that!), but I can't remember who wrote it. I'm bad at recommendations, but there's this really nifty thing they call Google...

studyingstudyingalmost 4 years ago
"I can explain."

There are no motives given for either party's behavior. Where is wife when she's not home? What is his explanation for screwing secretary? None given. It seems the author was so focused on flipping the script that he forgot to write a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Excuse me who was the problem in the marriage first,WIFE!!!!! So jumping on the husband when the wife caused the material problems.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
BTB

He was an asshole.

Author got the message in the title across really well.

Nicely done, though the text and dialogue was terribly stilted.

I like that he got his comeuppance. Just have to feel sad for his wife, the victim in all this. She was the perfect arm candy... his perfect possession.

Don't understand why she put up with it for as long as she seemed.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reverse

Reverse on the usual LW story. A cheating male lawyer gets burned by his wife. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Greatly done.

Good one from the cheating spouse POV.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well...

at least he was getting some from his secretary cause she wasn't giving him anything but shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How In The Hell

Can anyone leaving comments have any sympathy for this asshole? She should have dumped his pimping, cheating ass months ago. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
no sympathy for either

he was a jack ass and she was a bitch

refusing sex outright is no different than cheating

McMahonSMcMahonSover 4 years ago
Typical Lawyer

An accurate depiction of the single minded way too many members of the legal profession concentrate on their careers to the detriment of personal relationships. Pity more spouses don't have the "balls" of the one in this story (and yes I'm referring to lawyers of both sexes.) Well told, 5*.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
No

1*. So unbelievably unrealistic! The husband was flawed but there was no reason for the wife to start down her path well before the husband that forced(gave him incentive) him to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

not a real smart man just another stupid husband had the world by the ass and had to throw it away for some slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"She was gone".

And he did a happy dance! I don't think he did much wrong except fucking his secretary. His wife had to know what was involved with his job and what his goals were for both the short and long term. And I didn't believe she wasn't cheating on him. So I think he was happy to let her go. Interesting twist but not as dramatic as I think you planned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oops!

Ha. Great twist on the hackneyed LW-style of BTB stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good burn the bastard story

Typical lawyer though. The world revolves around only them.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years ago
Hated it

Not the story, but the fact that he was not just stupid, he was wilfully stupid. Ignorance is one thing, but when someone deliberately refuses to learn, then they need whatever dire consequences a good author is going to throw at them. Damn, so often they are, or they turn into, bullies - and those I hate with a passion!

(Okay, so I have massive problems with wilfully stupid people. And bullies. My bad.)

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
What a dumbass

She gave him far more than he deserved. Ima dude, but if id have been her...the moment he allowed the client to feel me uo id have been done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

I have seen marriages dissolve in very similar manner to this. One man's female co-worker encouraged her boss's wife to cheat so a divorce would occur and she could step in to the void. The husband's second marriage was far more turbulent than his previous marriage.

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 5 years ago

Great Story! Shows how blind and self-justifying we can be. Thank you for a good read!

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Wow

The bastard cried wolf, but got burned!

Five stars!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Cheating with a twist

I like it when a story isn't predictable. And it's not like you need to like the characters. It's just a story and told well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Life Lesson

Don't. Be. A. Dick!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Honestly, your protagonist was a complete self-absorbed asshole who deserved to be dumped by his wife. I found myself cringing every time he opened his mouth when talking to her. I just wish writers would come up with a less offensive word to use when attempting a derogatory putdown than "r-t-rd.", are you intellectually lazy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Weak story

Makes sense given that first dinner with fingering "client" but rather meager as a story.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 5 years ago
Javmor - this story treats readers just like the protagonist

That is, your “twist” was a betrayal- you changed (or hid) the personality of the husband to justify his downfall. Cheap mystery writers trick, answer The Who dun it with facts never in the story.

You mostly better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Fuck, was this story stupid!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

fuck was he ever stupid

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 6 years ago

Serves the arrogant bastard right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A true Narcissist of the male kind. 4*

A little one-sided but if he was as bad as that she did well to get rid of him. He was just pathetic.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
Love it

Finally a husband is the bastard and ends up alone. 🤪

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A story that really fits.

I didn't like this guy from the very start of the story. There are too many men that are like this to their wives. I know most men that read these stories thinking women are all cheating bitches, but there are more men cheaters than women. Since this is true men are always thinking the women are worse. I appreciate you turning the tables and showing a true asshole in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
one million stars

Good fucking job. Anyone who uses their spouse like this fucking dickhead has no right to cry. Good on you Chris I do hope you take the prick to the cleaners mercilessly

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago

Yep, pathetic! Sorry excuse for a story, especially for Literotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...