Serving My Students: Ainsley Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You better." I smile in my response and then head off to eat, shaking my head.

I don't see Ainsley again that week, which is hardly surprising as my calendar booked up quickly and students are working hard in preparation for their first round of exams. On Friday though, I come back to my office from a meeting in another building, when I spot a note card on my desk; June obviously dropped it off there after retrieving it from the mailroom. I look at the front, and neatly handwritten is "Mr. Corinth" with a smiley face next to it. Getting notes from students is a frequent occurrence on my campus; even in the world of Snapchats and Instaeverything, students are generally pretty good about writing thank you notes.

I open up the envelope, pull out a card and see a gorgeous picture of Ainsley on the front. It has a dark background, and she is looking back at the camera over her left shoulder. She has a classy smile and is wearing a deep purple dress, making her already mesmerizing eyes appear to have a cloudy, sultry look to them. I open the card and see that it is an invitation to her Senior Recital; did I mention that in addition to being gorgeous, she's a brainiac biochemistry major/pre-med student, a horseback rider, and also an accomplished flutist? Talk about a renaissance woman.

The recital is set for 9pm the following Thursday night with a small reception to follow. I've been to a number of these performances over the years and it is always incredible to see the talents of my students. I add the event to my calendar and send Ainsley a text:

Me: Got your invitation; great picture! I look forward to hearing you!

A few hours later, after I get home, Ainsley responds:

Ainsley: I look forward to having you there. It will be worth your while. ;-)

This woman does something to me; I can hear the husky, sexy voice as she types out this text. She is a tormentor; that's what she is, and she's got her hooks in me. The worse part is, this is what I've fantasized, but with Ainsley, she could simply be doing this for her own kicks; flirting with an older guy who, due to my work, I have no business reciprocating. I honestly have no idea where this is going, but all I know for sure is something has to give soon - this cat and mouse thing can't continue.

The next week passes by in a blur for me - meetings, student appointments, class presentations, the whole gamut of my work duties. It's a good week, though,and I'm feeling like I'm giving my students my best effort and they are they are doing the same on their applications..

Thursday comes before I know it and I wake up very anxious. I go through my normal routine: shower, shave, etc., but as I go to dress, I begin to think very carefully about how I want to look. My normal work attire is a colored dress shirt (I'd just as soon die as be forced to wear a white shirt to work daily) with a matching tie. I get many compliments from around campus on my dress choices, so I know, at least, I'm "in style" in this regard. Today though, I have to think about what I'm going to look like when Ainsley sees me. I decide to go all out and pull from my closet my tailored pin-stripe navy suit. It's certainly my best and most expensive suit (I work at a college, being wealthy is obviously not an ambition of mine) and I match it with a crimson shirt and corresponding crimson tie. I've worn this combo on campus before and swear that female heads have turned as I walk by. Even if that's only in my head, it at least makes me feel confident.

Sure enough, as I arrive to work today, people begin complimenting me and asking why I'm so dressed up - seeing me in a jacket is a rare enough event for people to notice. "Oh, I'm just attending a student recital tonight..." This seems a casual enough response that people nod, smile and then go about their business. I'm glad I can at least sound casual in my answer, because as the day goes on, my anxiety deepens. "What the hell is going to happen tonight?" I ask myself.

My normal work day ends around 5pm, but I've already spoken to my supervisor earlier in the day and asked if I could just work a few extra hours this evening, eat dinner in the cafeteria before going to the recital and then come in later on Friday (I hate driving home from work knowing I have to return to campus later in the evening for an event or presentation). My supervisor assured me that this was fine after confirming I didn't have any student appointments I would be cancelling. She is pretty loose when it comes to managing hours, knowing I work hard and never try to game the system. Personal integrity has always been important to me, thus the anxiety when it comes to Ainsley.

After putting in some good, solid work, I take a break for dinner and head across campus to the cafeteria. I pass by a number of students and we all greet each other with smiles and a few words for those I know well. I also hear a few giggles from some of the younger sorority girls as they pass by me and I hope to God it's not because my fly is open or anything. Anyways, I eat dinner while reading a book I picked up on higher education policy. I'm pretty absorbed in my book when I realize someone has stopped in front of my table (I intentionally sit further back in the large room when eating in the cafeteria both for my own privacy and to not intrude on students in their "turf".)

"Hey Matthew! You're going to Ainsley's recital tonight, right?!"

I look up to see Katie and Lexie standing in front of me. The Twins, as they are known universally on campus, are Ainsley's "Littles" in the Delta Chi sorority, and Ainsley is their "Big" or mentor and confidant. They are not identical twins, not even related. They were matched as roommates by Residence Life during freshman orientation. They have been inseparable ever since they pledged Delta Chi together. They are both athletes, Katie plays volleyball and Lexie runs cross country. They both study biochemistry and are permanent lab partners. They will likely pursue doctoral degrees together and cure cancer. It's common when best friends can finish each other's sentences, but much less common when those sentences are complex chemistry equations.

Looks-wise, you couldn't find two people more opposite. Katie is tall, 5'8", with tan skin, long dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and legs that stretch a mile. She is very fit with a toned ass. Her breasts are smaller than Ainsley's, but perfectly round and firm. She is a classic beauty. Lexie, in contrast, is generously 5'3", with dark, curly hair and deep brown eyes. She doesn't have much to speak of, breast-wise; probably a B cup, but it's her backend that's is a gift to men everywhere. Her ass is larger, but fit, from running. She's got wide hips and great legs. She is cute as hell; your "girl next door" type that I've always been attracted to. Frankly, they both do it for me - Hot and Nerdy is a big turn on in my book. I'm definitely into women who are smart and sexy.

They are both looking at me expectantly, Katie is in a light blue, spaghetti strapped dress that hugs her curves and extends to just above the knees and Lexie is in a paisley silk skirt with a purple top.

"Umm...yeah I'm going." I manage to get out as I swallow a bite of my food. "Uh, how's she doing? Nervous?"

"Yeah, a little bit." Katie replies. "We've told her how great she is going to be; especially with all the practice she's been doing this month, but you know how she gets."

"Sure." I reply.

"Anyways, we also wanted to stop by to thank you for all the support you've given her over these last couple of weeks. She's doing a lot better and mentions you often as being an important reason why."

"Oh. Really? I didn't think I did much but tell her I was around if she needed me. I haven't actually seen her a whole lot as of late" I manage to get that out without sounding as horrified as I feel. "Oh my God, has she told them we've been flirting or whatever it is we've been doing?" I ask myself.

"Oh No!" Lexie exclaims. "Ainsley knows you are there if she needs you and that's what makes her feel better. She doesn't know a lot of men on campus beyond the frat boys, and they've just used this opportunity to hit on her instead of sympathizing with her pain."

"Jesus!" I think to myself. I've been hitting on her too. "What is going on?" I keep asking myself; searching for answers that only Ainsley can give and that I'm too afraid to seek out.

"Well, Ainsley is a wonderful person and has a bright future ahead of her. Anything I can do to support her is a no-brainer in my book. That goes for the both of you as well. I haven't seen you in the office in a while and I know you are both looking at summer research opportunities. Where are you in the application process?" I manage to successfully divert their attention onto themselves and away from Ainsley.

"Oh, we are on it!" Lexie exclaims. "Ainsley "ordered" us to go to your office tomorrow to set up appointments with you. She said, 'When it comes to Matthew, you better get on that soon; he looks to be busy in the coming weeks.'"

I swallow hard in response and can only look up to them to smile and stammer out, "uh, yeah, I am getting busy, so definitely get on my calendar soon."

They ask me if I want to walk over to the recital with them, but I beg off saying I need to finish this chapter and drop my book off at the office before heading upstairs for the performance (the Career Center is in the basement of our performing arts building). They smile and wave, saying they'll see me soon and saunter off. My eyes follow their asses as they leave and I think Lexie catches me doing it as she glances back a moment later and smiles again.

I look around and see no one else is paying attention to me as I give myself a short slap to the face. "Man, get a grip!!" I say to myself. I finish up my dinner, drop off my dishes and head back to my office. After dropping off my book, I stop in the bathroom, throw some cold water on my face, check myself in the mirror and then head up to the recital hall.

As I approach the doors, I'm greeted by a music student who hands me a pamphlet that Ainsley put together, listing the pieces she is going to perform and with extensive notes on her selections and the overall theme of "Beauty and Longing." This well-written piece is part of the grade for the senior recital course and I know from Ainsley and past students that it is nerve racking part of the process, even with the actual performance as the central focus.

I look inside the hall and see that it is filling up quickly with the seats in the back already taken, mostly by Ainsley's music and biochemistry professors. Faculty are the biggest hypocrites about wanting students to sit in the front rows for their classes, but always sitting in the back rows themselves during events. I resign myself to sitting near the front, something I was hoping to avoid. I find a seat on the far side, two rows in. I'll be looking at Ainsley to my left.

After about six minutes of waiting, I see Beth enter the room and I join in the polite applause she receives. Beth is the campus piano accompanist and also gives private lesson instruction to students. Beth is an incredible woman, inside and out. She is truly caring of her students and has a wonderful heart. She is also drop dead gorgeous; tall with porcelain skin and fire red hair. The only problem with Beth, at least for me, is that she is married and has a kid. Otherwise she would be great relationship material. We both flirt with each other often, but it is purely for fun as I know she is deeply in love with her spouse. Lucky him. Beth walks in, using, as I like to think of it, her "performance stroll": a calm, almost monastic walk as she turns to acknowledge the applause with a nod and then quietly sits on the piano bench and arranges her music.

After a moment, Beth plays a few chords of one of the pieces Ainsley will play to ensure the sound is good. Another moment later she looks up to the space where the performers emerge and then Ainsley appears.

I am struck with a thunderbolt as Ainsley makes her way to the piano. She is mesmerizingly beautiful. She is wearing a silk gray gown, that hints at silver. It is strapless, drawing attention to her strong shoulders and then drawing the eye downwards to her breasts that provide a glimpse of cleavage while still looking classy.

Her gown hugs her body as it extends down to just above the floor, but it fails to hide a slit that snakes back up her left leg to show a tantalizing amount of thigh. Being seated where I am, I know I am going to have a hard time keeping my eyes above her leg as it teases me from the stage.

Ainsley gracefully approaches the piano as applause breaks out from the audience, including some "Go Ainsley!" from her sorority sisters and a couple of whistles from some of the frat boys who have made an appearance. Ainsley gives a little smirk to herself as she raises her flute to play a few notes to Beth's tuning note. Ainsley makes an adjustment to her flute, plays another note, and with Beth's nod, she moves to the center of the floor. As she lifts her head, she looks me full in the eye and smiles. I am momentarily stunned, and then manage to mouth the word "Wow." and then exhale deeply. Ainsley actually blushes in response; I hope to God no one noticed me.

Ainsley composes herself, turns fully to the audience, raises her flute and then, completely from memory, begins to play.

Over the next 45 minutes I am held captive by this incredible woman. Her flute is dancing and at times races the piano as the harmonies meld together and then break off from each other. I manage to look around between two of the pieces and the audience is spellbound. I look back and admire this beautiful body and the sounds it is making. I then look back up at Ainsley's face and she looks at me hard as she plays a particularly complicated and complex set of measures. I immediately get goosebumps and feel the heat rushing to my face. After a moment she looks away and she loses herself in the music...

...I almost have to come to as she lowers her flute for the final time and the audience races each other to their feet and lets out thunderous applause. I rise a bit more slowly, still shaking myself out of the hypnosis I was in. I begin to applaud and as I do the spell dissipates and I join in with the others as we cheer for a marvelous performance. Ainsley bows multiple times with a huge smile on her face; she knows she nailed it! She turns toward Beth and lays her hand out to her. We all turn to acknowledge the masterful piano playing. It is clear to us all the Beth cares for Ainsley and she played her heart out for her tonight. Ainsley rushes over and bear hugs Beth and the applause rises to a crescendo.

After a couple of more bows from both Beth and Ainsley, Dr. Reenes walks down from his seat to the front. He embraces Ainsley, says something into her ear and then turns to address us all:

"Thank you all so much for being here this evening to witness this extraordinary performance. I've been blessed to work with Ainsley for four years and I am so proud of all she has accomplished. Please, another round of applause for our performer!"

We open up with another chorus of applause and whistles and cheers. Ainsley hugs Dr. Reenes again and then he motions us to settle down so he can speak again. "Ladies and Gentleman, to celebrate Ainsley's accomplishments this evening and over her time here on campus, I invite you to join me down the hall in the Smithfield Gallery of Art for some light refreshments." With that, Dr. Reenes escorts Ainsley back behind the stage, while a final round of applause takes place. I manage one last glance at her legs and ass as she disappears from view.

I follow the crowd as we all head for the gallery. It is an intimate space, perfect for soirees. The college often hosts small parties here when wooing donors. I know the gallery director well, Sarah, and she has mixed feelings about hosting these parties; she likes the additional funding provided to keep the place looking great, but she would also love for this place to be about the art and not about the food and wine.

I enter the space and it is beautifully laid out with candles and soft lighting. Sarah is greeting some of the professors and notices me and smiles and winks. I smile back knowingly; she often struggles with being polite to professors who provide ample critiques of the collections she chooses to exhibit. I think she does a great job and I always make a point to show up to each opening. (And in case you are wondering, she's in her fifties, married, and she reminds me of my aunt.)

I head for the drink table and pick up a Pinot Noir poured for me by campus catering. It is really nice of the fine arts department that they spend a good portion of their meager budget on events like this to celebrate their students. It is one of the reasons our college is able to attract a variety of talented students.

I being to mingle and stop often to chat up professors and students I see. Lexie and Katie catch up to me and are gushing, "Can you believe how amazing she was?!" Katie practically screams. "She was incredible!" Lexie adds.

"She was indeed; it was a spectacular performance." I say agreeably. "It's almost a shame she is wasting her talents by choosing to become a physician." I add with a serious look on my face. Lexie and Katie look aghast for a moment as I break into a smile. "I'm just kidding! Ainsley is going to make an incredible physician!" I say reassuringly. They both fall into laughter and walk away giggling.

I smile to myself, college kids are so fun to harass; they make it so easy with how serious they can become in any given moment.

I grab a refill of wine and turn quickly when the place breaks out in cheers and applause. Ainsley enters the gallery and is practically tackled by her friends. I think I can make out an occasional flash of her silver grey dress, but it disappears as quickly as I see it. I hang back, wanting to give her space. Finally the mob breaks up and her friends are replaced by the faculty. They are a little more dignified as they embrace her, but no less proud of her. I see Ainsley more clearly at this point and she is beaming and occasionally wiping away tears of joy. This night will definitely be a highlight of her time in school.

After the faculty have had their turn, Ainsley begins to break away and scans the room. She smiles and thanks a number of other guests from on and off campus. Finally her eyes settle on me and she lights up even more. She makes her way over to me as I smile at the grace and beauty she demonstrates. Ainsley almost runs the final couple of steps and reaches out to hug me tightly, placing her cheek against mine. God she smells and feels incredible as I hug her back. "You look stunning tonight and the music...the music was breathtaking! Congratulations!"

"Thank you," she whispers in my ear as she squeezes me tighter. She's holding me for longer than I expect and my mind begins to wonder if anyone is looking. Finally she moves her head back, but still holds me as she speaks.

"Thank you so much for coming tonight. It was really important to me that you showed up."

"Of course I came; I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Why would you think I wouldn't be here?" I wonder to her.

"I...just wasn't sure...the way I've talked to you recently...I didn't know what you were thinking about me." Ainsley looks incredibly vulnerable at this moment as she looks me in the eye.

"Ainsley. It's going to take a bit more than that to scare me off. You may think your southern sass is too much for me, but I can definitely hold my own." I look at her with fake seriousness.