All Comments on 'Shadows of Resentment Ch. 04'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
umm wow

such a sad but sweet chapter i hope everything works out for Cam and Sierra

Excellent chapter please post again soon

kalamazoo707kalamazoo707about 12 years ago
good job

Hope things work out for those two.... Still not liking Darius a whole lot but I can see that he's really trying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Time line? 'My brother August 2009' Darius got out of jail and went to visit Cam in hospital, he was still unconscious, then a few paragraphs later, Cam was released from hospital in early July?

Darius is an asshole, what the fuck is with his attitude, it IS his fault that Cam is like that. And how did they think Cam was going to react to finding out Dee was pregnant like that?

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
Very Good!!!

This is getting better and better!!!!

Thank you!

M1

kelleigh0127kelleigh0127about 12 years ago
Too much pain there for Cam

So glad Cam and Sierra were able to finally tell each other how they felt. Now Darius there's not enough ass kissing he can do for Cam. I understand Cam is looking at Dee and he's seeing everything the whole Cam wanted or wants with Sierra. Sucks but I hope this treatment place is able to help him. Reguardless I believe Sierra will be there for him wheelchair or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'm really glad to see

at least one author knows what erotica is. lying, rape, killing people, being dumb beyond any measures. a really good tale.

oh I forgot one thing . the author who knows what erotica is or is telling erotic tales here is for sure not you.

the saw has more erotic moments or world war II. this is just depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Darius' demanding an apology and for Cameron to stay at dinner...

This is a fair story. However, I am hung up on a nagging plot point. I don't understand why Darius is not in jail despite the finagaling with the district attorney's office and at the very least getting more counseling than is hinted at here. He's severely beaten Cameron twice, the last time leaving him in a wheelchair. This anger issue has been going on since junior high school. So when the author writes that Darius' feels even worse about what has happened and has Sierra coming up to Cameron pleading Darius' case, it feels wrong. Darius feels worse about leaving Cameron in a wheelchair, leaving a strapped family with even more medical bills and a debilitated breadwinner? Now he has a child on the way, didn't know that he took the virginity of his sister's best friend and is still stalking around dangerously angry but feels bad about it. This sounds like abuser territory even though he may be genuinely sorry. I am very interested to see the character progression on this one.

I loved the fact that Cameron recognizes the anger, its effects and is getting help from an outside source.

Iread2relax, thank you for taking the time to write a story and put it out there for everyone to see, comment on either good or bad.

Plainshoneybadger

Ms_SassyFlurtMs_SassyFlurtabout 12 years ago
Keep writing!!!!

I love these characters, I got so invested that this chapter made me cry.. I can't wait for the next chapter..

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
I still think that the main character in this story is Darius. Cameron is a pretty big wimp.

So the story revolves around an A-1 asshole. The subject of the romance, Cameron, is actually written as a secondary character. The only thing he's done in the story, except beating up Jake, is be abused in one form or another. Do women really like wimps? Not in my experience and not in the experience of Romance writers everywhere. So we have what could be a pretty good story ruined by the extreme nature of the main characters. Darius is an unlikeable thug who beats up his best friend on the night his mother died and then a few years later puts him in a wheel chair, possibly for life. And neither time for any understandable reason. And Cameron. It seems the only major things that happen in his life are getting beat up by Darius or dumped by girls. Fist by Deirdre then by his date to the prom. Remember, she left him looking for some fun. Both girls describe him as no fun and a stick in the mud. I really have to ask the author how she could make her main character into such a wimp? There are no likable male characters in this story. Just a bully and a wimp.

MadameblaqueMadameblaqueabout 12 years ago
Thank You

Darius still has some growing up to do clearly. He nearly killed Cameron and then has the nerve to get into his face about not forgiving him?? That's selfish. I care about Sierra, Deidre, Cameron and his family, but Darius isn't like able at all. Thanks for a great update. Keep up the good work!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
For Johnny1M

Cameron is a very strong individual. He was not in love with Diedre or the girl he took to the prom. When they wanted to go elsewhere, he was indifferent. That's not a wimp, that's a man who knows what he wants and will accept no substitutes. When a person has real problems, like Cameron does with his dad's illness and being a single parent, B.S. like Darius's attitude are not really of any importance. Since Darius sort of ambushed Cameron, who wasn't expecting a fight, we will never know how a fair fight might have turned out. It is only insecure men who feel that they have to demonstrate their manliness, and those with low self esteem who need to be in control.

Good story, I look forward to the next chapter.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
To anonymous, who commented on my comment

Sometimes talking about a story is as entertaining as the story itself. By the way, this is why you should register a name. You remain just as anonymous, but comments can be addressed and recognized as coming from you. What you said is true. I don't dispute that. Your comment explained why Cameron acts as he does. But my comment doesn't contradict yours. The only thing he's done in this story is beat up Jake. Everything else was done to him. Darius beats him up twice. The girls he goes out with find him boring and dump him. No disputing this. These are facts. What I was commenting on is why the author portrays him this way. It's not exactly a heroic role. I call this a wimp character, you don't. Nonetheless, I can only think that mild and victim are fitting adjectives to describe him. Not something that usually sets female hearts throbbing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

while being able to protect your family is a good trait for any man to have being a mature adult at the expense of losing parts of your family is a harsh way to grow up. while you are going thru these things your so called friend jumps you and isnt mature enough to apologize for overreacting shows who is not a true man. then while everybody except said friend sees how you feel about his sister again over reacts to a scene without all the facts and almost kills you. then for a shot to the heart he shows up with his pregnant girlfriend with no warning from the rest of the family i can only imagine the betrayal he feels.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
inconsistency

in the llast chapter you said darius got 5 years.. why sisnt he in jail for almost beating a man to death? why doe she all of a sudden have everything in his life?? the plot is inconsistent and awfully contraditory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Why is, Darius still getting away with his bull, every1 should be angry with him, he is being handled with kid gloves, so not cool

KittyOh48KittyOh48almost 12 years ago
A HAPPY DANCE!

I AM GOING TO CRY, I WISH EVERYTHING COMES OUT GREAT FOR CAM AND SIERRA! GREAT STORY!

MizTMizTalmost 12 years ago

can't stop reading this story.........

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
You made me cry

Great chapter. Really good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
sniffle

first time in quite a while that made me tears run down my face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Darius is on house arrest. How does that work? He can go to anyone’s house?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...