Shadows of Resentment Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hated the pity in stares he got from people who felt sorry for him because he was in a wheelchair. He didn't want anyone feeling sorry for him.

"Sierra-" he started to reply, but she cut him off.

"No," she said, "You don't get to tell me no. I'll tell you what. Why don't you, Nick, and Rosa come to our house for dinner tonight?"

"Uh, uh, No! Listen you need to get out of the house." Sierra stated when Cameron started to refuse. She walked over to him and kneeled in front of his chair. She took his hands in hers. She looked deeply into his eyes. "Cam, I owe you so much." Sierra spoke to him softly. "I know you don't like crowds, or being out in public, or even most people in general. But this is my family and you know us. I know this is hard so let me help you through this." she implored.

At that moment, Rosa ran back onto the porch with her friend. She saw Sierra kneeling before her brother and wondered what was going on.

"Well," Sierra explained, "I was just telling your brother that I want you all to come over to our house tonight for dinner. What do you think? Would you like to come over?" Sierra smiled. She knew Cameron would do just about anything for Rosa, and if Rosa wanted to join her family, Cameron would more than likely agree. She almost hated using the little girl like that, but she really wanted him to get out of the house, even if it was just for a dinner.

Rosa squealed with delight. She loved going over to the Granger's house. Mrs. Granger made her feel good. She did things with her that she missed doing with her Mom. She liked being around Sierra, too because being around her felt like she had a big sister. Even though, sometimes, Sierra would act all goofy when Cameron came around, Rosa loved spending time with her.

When Dad first went back to work, Sierra would watch her instead of Mrs. Beans some nights because Cameron wasn't able to take care of her yet Sometimes they would go over Deidre's house. Deidre, Sierra's friend, was having a baby, but they told her not to tell anyone because right now it was a secret.

Rosa ran over to her brother and begged, "Can we go Cameron, please. Daddy won't mind and then you won't have to try and make dinner." Rosa begged as she made a stink face. As much as she loved her big brother, he was a horrible cook.

Cam looked at his baby sister and laughed, because he could never say no to her. He made it his mission in life to keep her safe and happy. "Alright, squirt", he grumbled playfully, "you win. Sierra we'd be honored to have dinner with your family.

Sierra shrieked with joy and before she realized she had climbed in to Cameron's lap in his chair and threw her arms around his neck. Cameron returned the embrace as an unseen current passed between them and Sierra slowly moved back to look in his face. For a few seconds their eyes locked and no one else in the world existed.

Cameron felt his cock stiffen. He prayed Sierra didn't feel it and become repulsed. Sierra moved subtly in his lap and felt his hardness pressing against her bottom. She felt heat form between her thighs as she felt him stiffen.

Groaning, Cameron gently pushed Sierra from his lap. She untangled her body from his lap and slowly moved. Neither spoke they simply looked at each other.

Rosa ran over to her friend Macy chattering excitedly about having dinner at Sierra's house and the two girls went back across the yard to finish their game.

Sierra, stuttered, "Dinner is at six. I'll be sure to let Mom know you all are coming. Sierra smiled, "Cam," she whispered, "you won't regret this."

She turned and left, as Cameron sat in his wheelchair with his cock as stiff as a board watching her ass sway back and forth as she walked away thought to himself, I hope you're right.

It was about 12:35 in the afternoon, and Cameron realized that he and Rosa had not eaten lunch. Rosa's friend, Macy, had gone home because she her mom told her she could not stay all day. Cameron called his little sister in the house and asked her what kind of pizza she wanted.

He called Antonio's and ordered a large cheese and sausage pizza. Although Antonio's did not usually deliver, they always made an exception for Cameron. Mr. Luis, who owned the restaurant, would personally bring the pie to their home.

Around 4:45, Nick Richards came home from work. Rosa met him at the door and excitedly told him that they were eating dinner with the Grangers.

Nick went to Cameron immediately to talk to him. He knew that his son was still struggling with social interactions. Even though he seemed to be adjusting slowly and able to interact on some levels with Derrick and Sierra, Nick was gravely concern about his reaction to Darius. He knew that the two young men purposely avoided each other.

"Hey Son." Nick said as he quietly entered Cameron's room. Cameron was getting dressed to go over to the Grangers.

He was apprehensive but this dinner seemed important to Sierra, and Rosa was excited about going. He did not want to disappoint either one of his special ladies, so he would go to dinner and deal with his issues later. In therapy, with Dr. Jones, the doctor encouraged him to go out and face his fears, especially where his two former best friends were concerned.

He knew Darius would probably be there. Although he had avoided him as much as he could for months, he knew at some point he had to face him. Tonight was as good as any. Besides, if it all seemed to be a bit much, he had a backup plan. He would talk to his Dad about it and, if he felt like he needed to follow it, he would.

But for now, he was eating dinner with the Grangers, and he would try to relax and enjoy it as much as he could.

"I want you to know that we don't have to go over there if you're not ready." Nick continued. He knew Cameron was still struggling with the fact that Darius did this to him.

"I love you, Dad." Cameron said softly, surprising Nick. "But, I'm a man and I can't keep hiding. Am I angry? Yes. But that's my issue. You and Rosa don't have to keep suffering because of me. I need to do this." Cameron sat on his bed and looked his father in the eye.

"Dad, have you heard of Parkview Treatment and Rehabilitation Facility in Jackson?"

Nick looked puzzled. What was his son talking about? Was he trying to tell him something? While Nick was pondering what Cameron was talking about, Cameron pulled out a brochure about the facility.

"Dad, Dr. Jones, my therapist, knows people who run this facility. They specialize in helping people with injuries like mine." Cameron explained to his Dad.

"With intense therapy and counseling, I'll be able to get my life back." Cameron stated softly. I can learn to walk again so I can help take care of you and Rosa. I can become the kind of man Sierra...., Nothing." He looked down.

He gave the brochure to his Dad. Nick took the paper and read over it quickly. Tears began to flow down his cheeks. "Cameron, are you sure you want to do this?" He asked his son.

Cameron looked away and replied, "Dad, I need help. I need to get over what happened to me and I can't do that here. I know everyone means well, but I can see how much a strain this is on you and even Rosa."

Cameron continued softly, "My baby sister is so careful around me. She's afraid of upsetting me. She tries to take care of me when I should be the one taking care of her.

Nick sat next to his son and gave him a hug. Cameron sobbed softly on his Dad's shoulder as Nick held him tightly, and whispered to him softly, "Everything will be alright, son. I love you and I'm here for you. If you need to go to Parkview, I'll drive you there. You will beat this and I'm going to be with you every step of the way. Do you hear me?

Neither one of them realized that Rosa was standing on the other side of the door listening to their entire conversation. Tears flowed down her cheeks. She feared her brother was leaving her. She lost her Mom, now she was about to lose her brother. She ran to her room threw herself across her bed and cried silently into her pillow. Why did the people she loved keep leaving her? she wondered.

After Cameron calmed down, Nick decided to take a quick shower and dress for dinner. As he passed Rosa's room, he heard the soft sobs as she cried into her pillow. Nick went to her immediately. He gathered his beautiful baby girl in his arms and held her close until her tears subsided.

"Baby what's wrong?" Nick asked Rosa. At first she didn't answer.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" Nick told her.

"Talk to me baby." He pleaded.

"Daddy", she whispered, "Why does Cam want to go away; I don't want him to leave. I'll be good. I won't bother him anymore. Please don't let him go away." Rosa sobbed into her father's chest as he held her tightly.

Nick looked into Rosa's glittering green eyes and exquisite face that looked so much like Saria. His breathe caught and he smiled and began to reassure her.

"Baby girl, Cam is not going to leave you." Nick explained to her in a soft gentle tone.

"But he needs more help than he can get here, so he may have to leave to go there for a while to get the help he needs. But I promise you, we'll go see him as often as we can."

Then, he hugged her tightly and kissed her on the head. He whispered words of encouragement into her ears. "Now, angel," Nick continued, "Are you ready to go to dinner?

"Almost," Rosa replied in a tiny voice. "I've got to put my shoes on.

Nick gave her a tight squeeze and said, "Go clean up your pretty face first and then put your shoes on, OK, sweetheart." Then he went to his room to get shower and dressed.

A Dinner to Remember

At 5:50 pm, Cameron's family arrived at the Granger's house. When they rang the doorbell, Marvin graciously opened the door and invited them into their home. Marv led everyone to the living room, and offered them drinks. Nick and Cameron refused drinks, but Rosa wanted juice. Marge gave her a glass of juice and told her she could go and play some video games.

Rosa spent quite a lot of time at the Grangers so she spent a lot of time playing games that the Sierra and her brothers grew up playing.

Everyone was extremely excited because this was the first time in years that Cameron had been back into their home. Sierra sat in her bedroom waiting anxiously for the Richards family to arrive.

Sierra came out of her room and quickly entered her family's living room to greet their guest. As soon as she walked into the room, the first person she saw was Cameron. He was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful to her. Sierra greeted the Richards. She gave Nick and Rosa a hug. Cameron seemed apprehensive, so she just spoke softly to him.

Darius was waiting at Deidre's house for Dee to finish dressing before heading home for dinner. He was nervous even though, he had apologized profusely to Cameron, his friend never spoke to him. Eventually, he decided to give him some space and simply left him alone.

He knew everyone was excited about the Richards joining them for dinner, but he wasn't sure if his presence at the dinner would cause people to be extremely uncomfortable.

As much as he wanted Cameron to forgive him, he did not want to cause his friend unnecessary pain. Also, even though everyone in his family knew Dee was pregnant, he wasn't sure if Cameron knew. Cameron and Deidre were such good friends, he was afraid that this news would destroy their friendship.

Tonight Deidre would join his family for dinner and their secret would be obvious. Darius was worried about his Cameron's reaction to their news.

Darius sat in Deidre's living room as he waited for her to finish getting dressed. When Deidre came out of her bedroom, she could tell that Darius was worried. Her heart broke for him, but all she could do was let him know he had her full support. She knew would never forgive himself for what he did to Cameron.

Darius heart skipped a beat when he saw her enter the living room. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and the fact that she was carrying his children, added to her beauty.

Deidre could sense Darius' restless state. She wanted to put him at ease. They headed out of the door and got into her car. While Darius was driving, Dee turned to face him from the passenger seat. She placed a hand on his thigh to get his attention.

"Darius, It'll be alright," Deidre spoke softly, "I'm here for you and I will be behind you one hundred percent. I know you're nervous about Cameron being there, but both of you need this. You've got to face each other at some point." she continued.

Darius cut her off. "Dee, he's in that chair because of me." Darius said in a voice so low she could barely hear him. "I almost killed him. How can he forgive that?"

He took a few deep breaths to calm himself and they headed to his parent's home for dinner. They arrived at his parent's home a few minutes later. Marge Granger opened the door when she saw Deidre's car pull up.

Darius and Deidre got out of the car and walked into the living room everyone held their breath. The tension in the room was palpable, so thick you could cut it with a knife. This was the first time in years that Darius and Cameron were both in the Granger's living room.

Derrick, who was in his room, had come out and joined the rest of the family. He was anxious and nervous. He hoped and prayed nothing went wrong and maybe they all could start to heal.

Darius and Cameron's eyes locked from across the room. Then Cameron slowly looked at Deidre. He noticed her protruding midsection and froze. He slowly moved his eyes back to Deidre's face and groaned, "Nooooo!" as though he was being tortured. He promptly turned his chair toward the kitchen and wheeled himself out of the room.

Nick moved immediately to help his son. Everyone was frozen for a second. Darius took off after Cameron. Marvin stopped him. "Son, wait" he said. "You might not need to go out there."

Derrick immediately followed Cameron out of the room. He stopped Cameron from leaving out of the backdoor and guided him to the patio out back. Derrick tried to reason with his friend.

"Cameron. Come on man." Derrick began.

"Shut up Derrick, You don't know what it's..." Cameron stopped yelling when his Dad came out.

At this point Darius had convinced Marvin to let him at least try and talk with Cameron.

Both Darius and Marv came out to the patio. Nick was preparing to leave with his son.

"Cam-" Darius started'

Nick cut him off. "Son, that's enough. Come on Cameron we're leaving."

"Please Mr. Richards," pleaded Darius. "Let me talk to him for a minute."

Cameron was sitting in his wheelchair staring at Darius. He wanted nothing to do with him, but he knew Darius was right.

"Dad," Cameron said to his father, who had placed himself between the two young men at this point. "He's right. I want to hear what he has to say." Cameron angrily stated.

Nick and Marvin went back into the house where Marge was holding and comforting Rosa.

When Rosa saw Nick walk in she ran to him immediately. Crying loudly she pleaded. "Daddy please, don't send Cameron away. I don't want him to go away."

Nick held his daughter close. He whispered to her softly to try and calm her down.

Sierra hearing what Rosa had said now had questions for Nick.

Fear seized her heart. "Nick," Sierra whispered, "What is Rosa talking about? Where are you sending Cameron?"

"You need to talk to Cameron." Nick replied as he held a sobbing Rosa in his arms.

Deidre stood to go outside with Darius, but Marge stopped her. She told her sit and try and stay calm. Sierra moved to the sofa to sit with Deidre. Nick asked Rosa to sit with Deidre and Sierra to make sure they were alright, so she joined the two young women on the sofa and the three girls sat talking quietly anxiously awaiting the outcome of the conversation taking place outside on the patio.

Marge, Marvin, and Nick stood near the patio in case they had to separate the boys.

"Cam", Darius began to talk to his friend. "I am so sor-." Cameron cut him off.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" Cameron shouted at his friend as tears rolled down his cheeks. In a low angry voice Cameron continued speaking, "You took my life from me. You took everything. I'm in this damn chair and I can't walk. I might never be whole again."

Darius began to weep softly, "I'm sorry, Cameron. If I could......." Cameron interrupted again.

"You would what? Huh? Take it back? Take my place? Be my friend again?" Cameron looked at his former best friend. His heart was full of anger and hate. Yes, in that moment, he hated him. That's when he knew the choice he had to make.

"Come on Cam," Derrick spoke softly. He knew Cameron was hurting but Darius was hurting just as badly, if not worse.

Cameron continued, "You have everything, Darius, and I have nothing." For a moment silence hung in the air following his words. Darius being unable to refute them, then Cameron turned his chair and wheeled himself back in the living room.

He found Deidre, Sierra, and Rosa weeping softly and his heart broke into a million pieces. He never intended to hurt anyone but he was and that just solidified his decision.

He turned to Marvin and his Dad and said, "Mr. Granger, Mrs. Granger, I shouldn't have come over here. I'm leaving. Dad, please, you and Rosa stay and enjoy the dinner. I'll fix a sandwich at home."

He made his way over to Deidre, Sierra, and Rosa where they were holding each other on the couch.

"Don't leave", Sierra pleaded in a small voice. "Please stay."

Cameron looked into the eyes of the only woman he ever dreamed about. "I can't."

He then turned to face Deidre. He gave her a crooked smile. She let go of Sierra long enough to hug her friend.

"Congratulations" he whispered in her ear. "You'll be a terrific mom." He squeezed her tightly before he headed out of the door.

Nick took Rosa's hand and apologized to his friends and started to follow Cameron out of the door.

Darius rushed into the room from the patio and confronted his friend just as he was leaving.

"You're a fucking coward man. You want to blame me. Fine! Blame me!" Darius yelled. "Don't do this to my family. They didn't hurt you I did." Darius continued in his rant.

"Darius, stop. This isn't helping!" Sierra tried to intervene but Darius brushed her off.

"Darius, let him go man, just calm down." Derrick tried to stop him also but Darius was beyond listening to them. Cameron was hurting and it was his fault. He was the only one who could fix this.

Cameron slowly turned around and looked at his friend. In a voice so low and so tortured he whispered to everyone in the room.

"You can't help me right now, but I know some people who can." He then proceeded to leave their home and go make arrangements to leave for Parkview.

Once he was safely inside the house, he called Parkview. He registered and made arrangement to report to the facility the next week. Now the hard part was explaining to his baby sister what he had done.

Nick and Rosa declined to stay for dinner with the Grangers, and followed Cameron back home.

Rosa ran to her brother and embraced him as soon as they entered the house. Nick took one look in Cam's face and he knew he had made a decision.

"When do you go?" Nick asked his son.

"Sunday." Cam replied. Rosa started to cry harder.

"No Cameron," she pleaded, "I don't want you to go. Please, please don't leave me." She begged her big brother.

Nick moved to pull Rosa way from Cameron, but Cameron stopped him with a shake of his head.

He held Rosa tightly and kissed the top of her head.

"Listen to me, Squirt." Cam quietly explained, "I love you more that the stars in the sky but, I am broken, and I need help." He explained barely keeping his emotions in check. Recalling the pain that he'd caused on everyone's face just a little while back.