Shadows of Resentment Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But, Cameron," Rosa wept. "I don't want you to go away. Momma went away. I don't want to lose you too."

"Hold up. Look at me, Squirt." Cameron spoke softly to his baby sister. "Momma was really sick and the doctors couldn't help her. She didn't want to leave us."

"Do you remember when Whiskers, our cat, at the mouse last year and she got sick" Cameron asked her softly.

"Remember, we took her to the vet and they treated her and she had to stay at the hospital for a few days." Rosa nodded. She recalled being worried about her pet.

"She was OK and then we picked her up and she came home." Rosa finished for him. "Yes." Cameron affirmed. "I am broken, not just because I'm in a wheelchair, but sometimes I get really mad, OK. Just like tonight when I got mad at Darius. I need someone to help me learn to deal with and let go of the anger, alright." Cameron explained.

"The doctor's at this place and the therapist that work there are trained to help people like me. And you know what else; I might be able to walk again. They have some of the best doctors and therapist in the country. By going there, I can get the help I need to heal." He continued.

"I've got to get better, so I can help take care of you and Dad. I don't want to leave, but I've got to get help. Do you understand?" Cameron asked.

Rosa nodded her head. Cameron hoped Rosa understood like she said she did. He wasn't so sure though, so he just held her close and reassured her that no matter what, he loved her.

"But, hey you know what?" Cameron asked smiling. I'm gonna be gone for a while, do you think you and Dad can bring me some of your famous chocolate cookies when you come see me.

Rosa's eyes lit up. "We can come and see you?" she asked in awe.

"Yes, and you'd better come a lot. I need to know you two still care about me alright." Rosa wrapped her arms around her brother's neck and held on tightly.

She had to believe he would be alright and her big brother would come back home as soon as he could.

Rosa looked in his eyes as he continued. 'I've got to learn to love myself again Baby Girl. I hurt too many people tonight because I'm hurting and that's not good." He explained.

"I love you Cam." Rosa whispered through her tears. And she hugged her brother tightly.

There was a hard and loud knock on the door. Nick went to the door and opened it. Sierra stood on the other side and she was not happy.

"Excuse me, Mr. Richards." She said. "I need to talk to Cameron."

Cameron took one look at Sierra's face and knew he was in big, big trouble. "It's alright, Dad." Cam stated. "I'll be right there. Rosa, go in the kitchen and make a sandwich for you and Dad alright. I'm gonna go outside and talk to Sierra."

Sierra loved this hard-headed man. She just had to find a way to reach him before she lost him forever. Nick invited her in, but she wanted to wait on the porch until Cameron came outside.

When he came out, she could see that he had been crying, as she sat beside him on a chair. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and take away his pain, but she couldn't.

Sierra took a deep breath and began to speak. "I know what happened to you was somehow my fault. I never should have gone with Jake, because honest and truly, you are the one I wanted to be with. I know you hate Darius, but he truly is sorry about what happened." Sierra whispered as tears rolled down her cheek.

Sierra softly wept, her tears streamed down her face and quietly dripped off her chin. Her words were rendered incoherent by her copious sobbing and it seemed as if her entire being was wracked by each sob. She tried to say something, but the half-formed words never escaped her quivering lips.

"I'm in love with you Cameron. I've loved you forever. Please, don't push me away. We will find a way to fix this so we can be together. I don't want to lose you now."

Talk about shocked. Cameron knew he felt that way about her, but for her to reciprocate. His heart soared, then he whispered. "I'm not even a whole anymore. I can't protect you and you deserve better. I've got to at least walk again. These thoughts helped validated his decision.

"I don't blame you," Cameron whispered, "And I don't hate your brother, well, not really. I understand he thought I hurt you. If Darius knew how I really feel, he would know that I could never cause you a moment's pain."

He caressed her milk chocolate cheek with his fingertips. Her stared in her chocolate eyes and saw the tears as they to spill down her cheeks. He wished that he could take away her pain, but he was dealing with his own, right then.

Cameron leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, "When I saw that bastard holding you down trying to do that to you. I wanted to kill him. You're mine, baby. Ever since we were kids, I never wanted anyone else. I love you Sierra, but I'm not good for you right now."

"Darius took my life from me. I don't know how to get over that. My Dad has struggled for so long. I planned to go to school, get a good job, to help take care of my family. Now, I'm in this damn chair and can't even walk. I've seen my Daddy cry. He is a strong man, and he doesn't deserve to be cursed with a half a son that can't help." Cameron continued as tears rolled down his cheeks. Sierra took her hands and wiped away his tears.

"Sierra, baby, I'm going away for a while. There's a-" Sierra interrupted him before he could finish.

"What are you talking about? You can't leave. I won't let you go." Sierra became distraught. She kneeled before him and grasped his face in her hands. She leaned forward and kissed him. Their tears mingled as they shared a passionate kiss.

Cameron gently pushed Sierra away so he could explain.

"Listen, baby," Cam continued. "Parkview is a treatment center that specializes in rehabilitating people who have injuries like mine. I can get intense physical and occupational therapy that might help me walk again."

Cameron took a deep breath and pressed on, "Dr. Jones recommended it and claims that their doctors are the best. I need help they can give me at Parkview."

He wiped away her tears. "Never doubt how I feel about you and I will come back to you, but I'm no good for anyone right now." He looked into her eyes. "Understand?"

Sierra nodded. "When do you go?" she asked.

"Sunday", Cam replied.

"How?" She inquired.

"Dad's driving me down there to sign me in." he answered.

"How long?" She asked.

"No more than a year." He answered. "Will you come see me? I need to see you as much as I can."

Sierra sat in his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck and held on tightly. "You couldn't keep me away if you tried."

"Tell your Dad, I'm riding with you all, alright." Sierra stated.

"OK, baby" he answered as they held each other tightly.

Thanks for reading this chapter. I certainly hope you enjoyed it. I also hope it cleared up some confusion for you. Chapter Five is in the works. Please remember to vote and comment.