Shadows of Resentment: Dawn and Derrick

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dawn was stunned. She was not some petite, little, girl that most guys found attractive. She was thick and bulky. Most guys felt she was to manly because of her build. She started lifting with her brother when she was sixteen. At eighteen, she was a semi-professional female weight lifter. With the prize money she earned from competition, she paid her way through PT school.

But Derrick surprised her. He genuinely seemed to like her. She began to feel the way she did when Brian looked at her, only more intense. Even at her age, she rarely dated. She recalled her date with Henri and shuttered.

Derrick stopped talking and asked her one question. "Dawn, tell me the name of the bastard that caused the pain I just saw in your eyes?"

"No, I'm sorry. It was nothing, besides it was so long ago. Ancient history." She explained.

She decided to change the subject. "So, you're in college. What are you majoring in?"

Derrick was not about to let the subject drop completely, but he'd play along. Even if he never found out who caused the pain he saw in her eyes, it was his mission to make sure no one hurt her again. He truly understood how Darius felt about Deidre now and how Cameron felt about Sierra.

"I'm undecided right now. But I think I want to go into architecture or graphic design." Derrick stated.

"Well, you've got time. You're what twenty?" Dawn asked, even though she knew the answer already.

Derrick smiled and answered, "Yes, but you already knew that. I know you're older than me, but I like older women."

Dawn was speechless, and didn't understand her reaction to the man sitting in front of her. She never responded to any man the way she did him. He was an enigma that entranced her.

"Derrick, I don't do relationships. They just don't work for me." Dawn tried to explain, honestly she just didn't want to deal with the pain again. The pain she felt after Brian left.

"Good," said Derrick, "I don't have to worry about another man trying to steal you then. See, I'm a one woman man. So we're perfect for each other.' Derrick declared.

Dawn was speechless. He countered every argument she came up with. This man was determined to get to know the real Dawn Marcolini.

They finished their dinner and then Derrick drove her home.

Pulling into her driveway, Derrick asked to see her phone.

"See my phone, why?" Dawn asked curiously.

"Just let me see it please." Derrick insisted.

"Look, do you need to call someone or something. Has your battery died? Why do you need to see my phone?" Dawn questioned.

Taking her phone out hesitantly, she passed it to him.

Derrick quickly keyed in his number and saved it. "There, now you can call me to set up our next date."

Flustered, Dawn didn't know how to respond.

Derrick got out of his car and walked to her door to help her out. Dawn had her door opened and was climbing out of his car before he reached her side.

Placing his hand gently on her waist, he escorted her to her door, and kissed her passionately.

Walking away smiling, Derrick decided it was time to win the heart of Miss Dawn Marcolini and show her what a real man was made of.

The next day Dawn returned to work with a smile on her face. Everyone noticed and many questioned the cause of her good mood.

Walking into the gym, Dawn saw Cameron working out. Cameron saw her and could not resist teasing.

"Morning, Old Lady. How was your date with your new boy-toy?" Cameron laughed as Dawn looked around.

"Old Man, mind your own business. It was nice." she answered laughing.

Dawn was a consummate professional at work. She did not engage with anyone about what she did in her personal life. She was a little uncomfortable answering Cameron's question, but when she looked around and saw the mischievous grin on his face, she relaxed.

"It was nice and we are not discussing it." She replied. "I've got to go get Mr. Lee, because it's time for his session. I'll see you later. Smiling she added, "By the way, Cameron, don't overdo it. You don't want to hurt yourself."

Dawn then left to retrieve her patient.

"Ms. Marcolini, Dawn," her patient called. "I've been stretching a little long here. Can I please take a break?"

Embarrassed, Dawn blushed, "Mr. Lee, I'm sorry. I..."

Chuckling he replied, "It's alright I wish I was the young man that made you smile like that. You are a beautiful young lady." He stated.

Dawn smiled and thanked him. She continued to help him work out on his regiment.

At lunch, she called Derrick.

Not recognizing the number, but hopeful, Derrick picked up on the second ring.

"Hello!" Derrick answered.

"Hi, um, I wanted to thank you for last night." Dawn spoke softly.

"Dawn, I'm glad you called. When is our next date?" he queried.

"Um, tonight, if you're not busy. Are you in town?" Dawn asked.

Derrick smiled. He'd actually planned to drive back tonight and see her anyway, but the fact she called meant she was returning his interest.

"No, but I will be at seven. Where are we going tonight?" Derrick insisted.

"Let's go to the movies and then maybe dinner." She suggested.

"Great, I'll see you tonight." Derrick concluded.

"Um, I've got to get back to work. I'll see you at seven." Dawn smiled before she hung up her phone.

OMG! I can't believe I called him! Whew! Dawn thought. Her lunch break was almost over. Just then her phone rang.

"Hello"

"Hey, sis." Gunther greeted. "I'm coming up on some time off and wanted to stop in for a visit.

Smiling Dawn replied, "Gunther, you never have to ask. When will you get here?" Excited about her brother's visit, Dawn's lunch hour ended and she hurried to work with her next patient, promising herself she would not think about a certain young man that captured her attention.

The rest of her day went by uneventfully. Before long she'd reached the end. As she was heading out, she agreed to get together with some of the girls later in the week for drinks.

Dawn went home and prepared for her second date with Derrick.

Before long it was six o'clock and he would be at her house in an hour. Dawn was filled with nervous energy. She looked forward to seeing him. Then her doorbell rang. She cooked out and saw him standing there. He was early, but she didn't mind. She was looking forward to seeing him.

Opening the door, Dawn invited him inside. She offered him a beverage and they talked for a while before heading out. When they arrived at the theater, Dawn remembered her last date with Brian, and for a second she felt guilty. She didn't miss him as much as she did before. She wondered if he'd moved on.

"Dawn, Dawn, damn girl," Derrick called snapping his fingers to get her attention, "What were you thinking about so hard?" Derrick asked. He'd been speaking about a favorite movie when he realized his companion had checked out on him.

Dawn chuckled and apologized, "I'm sorry, Derrick, I was just wondering about a friend of mine. He liked action movies as well."

Derrick didn't like the fact that she was thinking of another man, but decided to play it cool. She said she wasn't dating anyone, and he'd been watching her for months and he never saw her talking to anyone else. Whoever she was thinking about was not a real threat to him.

Derrick was silent for a while and Dawn felt uncomfortable. She looked at him and noticed that he had a pensive look on his face. She remembered how cold and distant Henri became after the attack.

Dawn stepped away from him in an effort to distance herself briefly and she was about to cancel the date when Derrick spoke.

"Dawn, this friend," Derrick exhaled, "He is just that, a friend right?" he queried.

"Um, Derrick. I'm not sure if we should finish this date." She looked away. Inhaling deeply, Dawn continued crossing her arms. "Will you take me home, now?"

Derrick stood to move towards her when she visibly recoiled. She's afraid of me. Someone hurt her and I want to know who. I've got to calm down. I'm scaring her. he thought.

"Dawn, no, please." Derrick pleaded. "Don't cancel our date. It's all I've thought about all day. It's the only thing I had to look forward to."

Dawn looked at him with memories of Henri crowding her thoughts. Derrick knew something wasn't right. He saw it in her eyes, and wanted to take away that fear immediately.

"Derrick, I-"Dawn started to say but Derrick cut her off.

"Dawn, I really like you and if you really want to go home, I will take you. But, please, don't leave." He pleaded once more.

A small smile formed on her lips and she said, "Alright, we can stay, but you reminded me of Henri..." she looked away quickly dropping what she was about to say.

Derrick knew he now had the name of the man that hurt her. "Dawn, who was Henri?" he asked softly.

Shaking her head, as if she was clearing cobwebs, Dawn answered, "No one. Um, what movie do you want to see? I like action movies myself."

"Is he why you were afraid of me? What did he do to you Dawn. Please tell me." He insisted.

Agitated Dawn looked at Derrick, "I don't want to talk about him, or even think ... forget I said anything. Can we just enjoy the movie, please?" She implored.

"OK, I'll drop it for now. But baby, he hurt you and I will find out the truth. Now, let's go." Derrick purchased their tickets and they entered the theatre. He offered to buy snacks, but Dawn didn't want anything. So they simply sat and enjoyed the show.

At the end of the movie, they stopped at a local steak house and had dinner. Derrick told Dawn stories about antics he, Darius, and Cameron pulled. The stories fascinated her.

She talked about losing her parents and being in foster care for a year. When she talked about her brother Gunther, it was obvious the love she had for her brother.

Derrick really wanted to meet him. He drove Dawn back to her house and walked her to her door. Both of them were silent for a moment and then he pulled her close and kissed her. She responded with such heat that it took all of his restraint not to take her inside and make love to her.

Their kisses ended and he promised to call then he headed home as soon as she went inside and secured her door.

Derrick had classes so he could not visit for a few days. However, he called every night for the rest of the week. On Friday, while at work Dawn got a fantastic surprise. Her brother Gunther stopped by the center.

Everyone at Parkview knew and respected Dawn's brother. The director even offered her the rest of the day off if she wanted to spend it with him. Dawn refused; she had patients to work with.

Cameron, was now walking with modified assistance and he'd formed a friendship with Gunther. It was Cameron that told Gunther about Dawn's new boyfriend.

That evening when Dawn made it home, Gunther had started steaks on the grill. "Well, Little Sis, do you need to tell me something?" Gunther asked.

Dawn clearly confused, "No, nothing new here. What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Derrick, oh Derrick!" Gunther moaned in a feminine voice.

"Oh my goodness, who? How? Cameron. I'm going to get him." Dawn said as she collapsed on a lounge chair laughing at her brother's antics.

"Yes, big brother. I have gone out with him a few times. He's nice. Kind of bossy, but nice." She concluded smiling.

"I like seeing that smile on your face. This guy had better treat you right, or he deals with me." He said as he flipped their steaks.

Dawn went inside to make a quick salad when her phone rang. She answered and of course it was Derrick. He was having dinner with his family but missed her and needed to hear her voice. She told him about her big brother's visiting. They didn't talk long, and went back to their respective activities.

Derrick walked into his family's dining room with a big goofy smile on his face. Deidre had joined them for dinner and was the first to tease him.

"Uh oh, Derrick's got another girlfriend" she said laughing. "How long before you get tired of this one?" she asked.

"Yea, Derrick, tell us about her." Sierra chimed in.

"She's amazing. I've never met anyone like her. She's, Wow! She's just... amazing" he answered with a goofy smile on his face.

Marge and Marvin exchanged a glance. They'd never seen their son so taken. They wanted to meet this girl.

"Tell us about her son." Marvin encouraged.

"Her name is Dawn. She works at Parkview. She is unlike any other woman I've ever seen. She's beautiful and so sweet. Mom, you're going to love her when you meet her. We've only gone out a couple of times, but I know she's it for me." Derrick concluded.

"Well, son," Marge interjected, "You've only just started seeing this girl, remember you're young. Don't rush anything."

"We won't" he answered and they ate dinner.

For the next few months Derrick practically lived at Dawn's house. Gunther had gone back on tour and Dawn didn't mind the company.

One Friday night after a grueling day at the center, Derrick stopped by to take her out, however Dawn just wanted to stay in. So he quickly rode out and pick up some Chinese food and the movie Rush Hour.

He and Dawn spent a quiet evening at home. While watching the movie the young couple stretched out on the sofa.

Dawn decided to mess with him a little. "I met you sister today. She seems really nice. She invited me to get together sometime."

"Really, she has been wanting to meet you. Actually, everyone has. How would you feel about joining my family for dinner sometime soon?" Derrick asked anxiously waiting for an answer.

"Um, OK. You have to meet my brother as well." Dawn smiled.

Derrick smiled, because he'd heard so much about Gunther, he was looking forward to finally meeting him.

Dawn excused herself to go to the restroom while Derrick set up their food and the movie. The young couple ate and laughed at the antics of the characters on the screen.

Dawn yawned a few times and then went silent. Derrick held her basking in the feel of her laying against him.

Derrick was watching the movie when he realized Dawn was snoring softly on his chest. She'd fallen asleep. He simply lay there for a while and watched her sleep.

After a quick nap, Dawn woke up, completely embarrassed that she'd fallen asleep on a guest.

"Baby, don't be silly. You've worked all day. You're tired." Dawn moved off of him and he stood. "I'm going to head over to the Levee Inn and let you rest." Derrick explained.

"No, don't leave. I'm not tired really. Please Derrick, stay." Dawn insisted.

Derrick looked at her. She was sleep tousled, and wrinkled, but in that moment, she was his.

"Dawn," he whispered and she flowed freely into his embrace.

Their bodies exploded in a kaleidoscope of sensations as soon as their lips touched. Derrick lead her back to the sofa where they sat and took time to explore each other's bodies. Dawn quickly removed his shirt to explore his broad shoulder, feel the muscles in his back and simply inhale the male fragrance that was inherently his.

Derrick needed to touch her, but when he started to remove her top she froze. Dawn didn't want to see his repulsion. She knew he liked her, but what would he think if he saw her uncovered.

"Dawn, what's wrong?" Derrick asked when she stopped him.

"Derrick, I don't look like a normal woman. I can't let you see me. I might repulse you." she answered looking away.

Derrick followed and wrapped his arms around her from behind. He held her. "Dawn, you are beautiful. You are perfect and I want you to be mine. Please don't hide from me. I promise, it will be alright." He reassured her.

"I've only been with one man and he truly accepted me. He was a lot like you. But, some say I look like a man, Derrick." Closing her eyes, she recalled all of the jeers and taunts she'd endured over the years.

"The truth is, I don't think I could handle if you were repulsed by me Derrick and I'm afraid you will be. I'm sorry, I can't do this. Please forgive me." And she quickly ran into her bedroom closing the door and locking it.

Derrick sat in her living room for a while and then decided maybe he should go back to his hotel. He went to the bathroom and saw what he needed to help him reach her. So instead of leaving, he fell asleep on her couch.

Dawn woke up early needing a drink of water. When she walked into her living room, she was surprised to see Derrick still there. It was cool, so, she covered him with a blanket.

The next morning, Dawn awoke to the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast Danish. She walked into the kitchen to find Derrick serving up breakfast for them.

Dawn was wearing a robe and went to excuse herself when Derrick stopped her. "Dawn come with me. I want you to see something."

He guided her into the bathroom and stood behind her in front of a full length mirror. Standing behind her he asked, "Do you trust me, Dawn?"

She nodded and he untied and removed the robe from her shoulders. Dawn was wearing a thin t-shirt night dress which he gently removed.

Dawn was embarrassed, as she stood before him in only her panties. Derrick then removed his shirt and stood behind her.

"Dawn, you are beautiful and you are mine. Look baby." Derrick whispered as he nuzzled her neck. "Look at how lovely you are."

Dawn looked at their reflections and was amazed at how the colors contrasted between them, but seemed so perfect together.

Slowly she turned to face him and he kissed her. He put it all on the line with that kiss. Molding her body to his he basked in the feel of her. Her arms around his neck, breast pressed against his chest, and her body melting in his arms.

Dawn was speechless as their kiss ended. Realizing her state of undress, she quick adjusted her nightie then Derrick held her, and eventually they went in the dining room and ate breakfast.

When they finished breakfast, they sat down to talk. Derrick wanted to know about her past and why she doubted herself so much. He also felt the need to disclose facts about his past.

They talked all morning. Dawn learned that Derrick was very popular in high school. Derrick learned about her nonexistence social life. Dawn trusted him enough to even tell him about her disastrous date with Henri.

Derrick listened to Dawn relay stories about her first date to Brian and her relationship with him.

"Do you still love that guy, Brian?" Derrick asked fearing her answer.

"Honestly, Derrick, he was my first. A part of me will always love him, but no, now he is really just a friend." Dawn explained.

Derrick had to hold her at this point. Wrapping her in a tight embrace, he held her close. Dawn kissed him. The kiss heated up to a feverish pitch. Derrick's need to make love to her became an obsession at this point.

Soon Derrick found himself buried deep inside her warm sheath as she straddled him and made slow passionate love to him at her own pace. Derrick loved the feel of her warm sheath encasing his swollen member.

As Dawn rode him slowly, Derrick explored her body with his hands and tongue. Cupping her breast, he massaged them and then sucked her stiff nipples into his mouth. He loved her breast, her muscular build, simply her body.

Before long, Dawn had ridden them both into a quiet, satisfying completion with him spilling his fertile seed inside of her.

Holding her in a euphoria of orgasmic bliss, Derrick asked, "Dawn, are you on the pill or something?"

"Oh fuck!" Dawn became distraught, "Derrick, I am so sorry. I didn't even think about... Oh goodness. If anything happens, I won't hold you respon-"

"Dawn, stop." Derrick places a finger over her lip. "We will deal with it together, alright."

Over the next couple of weeks, Dawn immersed herself in her work. Derrick was busy at school and had to focus on his course work. So they ended up spending some time apart.