Shelter from the Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers

"Once again I must thank you. I really wouldn't want to spend tonight out in my car. The bedroom is much better, even if it cools off a little in there."

Lisa stopped for a second, inner thoughts swirling. "It probably will be a little cool in the bedrooms. Why don't we drag a mattress out here and keep the fire going all night? We can move the couch and put it in front of the fireplace."

Jim turned and looked directly at her, holding her eyes. "Mattress? Singular?"

Lisa's breath came a little quicker. "Yes, just the double I've been using."

Jim's own breath changed. "Is that what you want?"

She held his eyes and answered, "Yes. As long as you do." Then reducing the tension slightly she added, "It will be warmer that way."

Jim laughed. "It certainly will." Then he stopped and his tone became more serious. "Lisa, am I reading too much into this? Do you mean just to sleep next to each other or do you mean more?"

She simply said, "More."

Jim sucked in his breath. "I would love that. I hate to bring up a problem but unless you are prepared, I don't have any condoms with me. Not even out in the car."

Lisa spoke. "I don't either, but I'm on the pill." She stopped a second and then added, "I haven't been with anyone for the last year and I've had blood tests since. Do I need to worry about you?"

Slowly he shook his head back and forth. "No, it's been over six months for me. I've had tests also. I just want to make sure it's what you really want."

She slowly looked him up and down. "This is not normally my style but yes, I do want it." Then she moved over and kissed him.

They moved to the big bedroom and pulled the mattress from the bed. Jim took it into the living room while Lisa gathered sheets, pillows and blankets. As she stepped out of the room, she looked back. Then her gaze shifted to her old bedroom. At last she took a deep breath and turned towards the living room. The thought flashed through her mind, "Restless ghosts won't be the only ones laid tonight." She almost broke out laughing but suppressed it rather than explain to Jim.

They arranged the mattress and spread sheets and blankets. Individually they made trips to the bathroom. When Jim came back he found Lisa holding two wine glasses. "I found a bottle of Lambrusco. Would you like some?"

He smiled at her. "Trying to get me drunk so you can have your way with me?" She laughed and he added, "I'd love some but you don't have to get me drunk for that."

She handed him a glass. "What shall we drink to?"

He thought for a second and then raised his glass. "To shelter from the storm."

She smiled and raised hers in response before taking a sip. They stood near the fire slowly finishing the wine, his arm around her waist. When the glasses were drained, Lisa took them to set aside and then asked, "Would you play 'Mountain Pines' again?"

He looked surprised. "Are you sure?" Inside he was afraid it might spoil the mood to make her remember things again.

"Yes, I'm sure. Play it and sing. Please."

He picked up the guitar and struck a few chords. He played through a verse without singing, just letting the clear notes sound in the darkened room. They had one candle lit but had extinguished all the other lights, leaving the shadows broken only by this one candle and the firelight. He struck the next chord and began.

In the hills of Eastern Kentucky

In the houses by the mine

Lisa closed her eyes and when her verse came she sang out in a clear voice. They alternated as before and then both finished together, finishing the last verse.

She came down the hill with her lover

Safe from the mountain pines

He played the chords through one more time and then let the notes hang in the air until they died. Lisa had her eyes closed and a smile on her face. He moved over and just looked at her for long seconds. Then he bent and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Her eyes remained closed but the smile widened.

At last she opened them and looked up at him. "Thank you."

He answered simply, "You're welcome."

He returned the guitar to its place against the wall and blew out the single candle. He held out his hands to her and she raised her own to clasp his. Jim pulled her towards him and this kiss was much longer, much hotter, and much less chaste than the last.

When they pulled back Lisa said, "I'm sorry I don't have a sexy nightgown or anything. I usually just wear a long tee shirt at night."

"Well I don't have any more than what I'm wearing. Besides I usually don't wear anything at night."

Lisa smiled at him. "That sounds like the perfect sleep wear. For both of us." Her arms went around his neck and pulled him into a deep kiss. Before it was over his hands had moved to her breasts, gently squeezing the firm mounds, first through her flannel and then sliding beneath. He found she wasn't wearing a bra as his fingers slid over the smooth flesh. Her nipples felt long and very hard and, as he rolled one between his thumb and finger, he felt rather than heard a moan rise through her throat and make its way from her mouth to his.

Lisa's finger moved to unbutton his shirt and Jim let one hand leave what it was doing to open her own garment. Soon they were pressing against each other, bare skin to bare skin, hands wrapped around and sliding over backs beneath the loosened shirts. The kiss got hotter but they didn't separate as both shirts made their way to the floor beside the mattress. Both had already removed shoes and now two pair of jeans followed the shirts. Jim at last pulled back and looked at Lisa. Slowly his hand slid down her side and caught the waistband of her panties, sliding this slight garment to her ankles where she stepped out. He tossed it to join the other items. Now it was Lisa's turn and she reached to slide his briefs off, adding them to the discarded clothing.

They stood, arms on each other's shoulders, and looked each other up and down. Lisa was even better than Jim had imagined. Breathlessly he said, "I was wrong when I called you just beautiful. You are far better than that."

Lisa felt a rush of heat flush her but this time it wasn't embarrassment. "You are incredible," she managed to get out as she looked up and down his hard body and let her hand slide over the muscles of his arms. "I can't imagine how you could look better."

They came together for another kiss, naked bodies pressing tightly together, hands sliding over backs and bottoms. Jim was already rigid and Lisa let her hand encircle his firm masculinity, giving it a quick squeeze. She felt herself becoming very wet and knew she would be ready even with no more foreplay.

However she couldn't resist and pulled back enough to pick up a loose blanket. Jim watched as she draped it around her shoulders and stepped to face him. Suddenly she opened it and whipped the sides around him to enclose both of them, pulling him against her as she did so. "It may not be a traveling cloak, but I'll bet we can keep warm through the night."

Jim gave a short laugh and then pulled her even more closely against himself. The blanket slipped from their shoulders and he bent to scoop her into his arms before setting her down on the mattress. He pulled back and watched the firelight play golden and jet over her smooth body. "Lovely, lovely," he whispered as he drank in the sight of her.

He knelt beside her but surprised her by moving between her knees to bend forward and place a kiss at the top of her moist opening. Then he began to play with tongue and lips all along the creases and curves, licking, kissing, teasing. His tongue slid up and down and all around her now exposed bud but avoided the sensitive nub itself. For long, long minutes he teased her, sometimes flicking feather lite touches, other times sliding his tongue forcefully along her soaking slit, pushing it inside. Lisa was definitely reacting to this attention, very vocally and very kineticly, her hips rising and falling, twisting with an almost corkscrew like motion. She had had men go down on her before but none had excited her like this.

After a few minutes she began to tug at Jim's shoulders, trying to pull him higher. He got the message and moved above her, stopping to catch a nipple in his teeth and give it a tug along the way. Then he was above her, his lips a half inch from hers. He whispered, "Are you sure?"

She breathed back, "Very! Do it! Take me. Hard."

He lingered no more and rocked his hips forward. Lisa grabbed him and started him in the right direction and then they were both pushing to sink his rigid organ deeply inside her soaking tunnel. As he slid all the way in, Lisa gave out a loud moan and then they began to work together, the ancient out and in rhythm only set off by its intensity. On each inward stroke they came together in an almost bruising impact. It wasn't surprising when Jim only lasted less than two minutes but Lisa herself felt somewhat of a surprise as his release triggered one of her own and her world exploded into fiery sparks, the rest of her dissolving into blackness.

As she returned to the world, she found them still coupled and both breathing hard and fast. She smiled and pulled him into a kiss. "That was wonderful, Lover."

"Incredible! I'm just sorry I couldn't last longer for you."

"It was exactly long enough. Next time will be longer."

He smiled and kissed her. "Yes, I promise."

She felt him shrink and slip from her and then he slid off to spoon behind her. She gave a slight shiver as the cool room air struck them. He reached down and pulled up the sheet and a thick blanket. "Your traveling cloak, my Lady," he whispered.

She wiggled back against him and whispered back, "Yes, I believe we will both keep warm tonight."

Twice during the night he awoke. Once he slid out and placed more logs on the fire before sliding back to snuggle against Lisa's sleeping form. The other time when he returned from adding wood, Lisa was awake and turned towards him. They kissed and one thing led to another and, yes, this time did last a lot longer.

They awokewith morning sun coming through the window. Jim came awake first and for several minutes just lay awake watching Lisa. She really was lovely and in sleep her face looked totally relaxed. If she had any cares pulling her down, she had not brought them into the sleep world with her. As this thought went through his head, Jim realized that his own problems seemed to have kept their distance also.

Just then Lisa opened her eyes. For just a second she seemed to take in her surroundings without comprehension. Then sudden awareness invaded her mind and she knew she was naked, pressed again a naked man she had met only two days ago and also that everything was wonderful. The problems of the last several months seemed to have receded into the background somewhere. They might still be there but didn't appear so large or threatening. Jim's hand was resting on her thigh and she wiggled her ass against him. "Good morning, Lover. Stay warm?"

"Good morning, Beautiful. With a hot lover like you, of course I stayed warm."

They stayed beneath the blankets for several more minutes. "It's nice in here, but I'm afraid the room has cooled off quite a bit," Lisa said.

"Probably. I'll go out and build up the fire again. Of course, then I'll need to be warmed up when I come back." He kissed her behind the ear.

"I'll try to think of something," she said.

Jim slipped out and, yes, the air had grown quite cool. He quickly built up the fire and made a fast trip over to look at the thermometer before climbing back into the bed. "Oh! You're cold," Lisa squealed as he pressed himself against her."

"Not too surprising as it's eleven below outside. You did say you'd think of something to warm me up, didn't you?"

"How about this?" She rolled to face him and pressed herself against him, pulling him down for a deep French kiss while letting her hand cup his balls. She felt his cock immediately respond. When she broke the kiss she breathed, "Seems to be working."

"Very definitely!" Jim's hands were grasping her bottom, squeezing the firm globes and holding her against him. They kissed again and when they broke from it he said, "Here, let's turn you back around again."

Lisa wasn't sure what he was planning but let herself be turned back so he could spoon against her. But he pushed a little more until she rolled over onto her front. Then he tugged her knees under her, raising her ass and suddenly he was behind her, pushing against her wet lips with his iron hard cock. She was already soaked and he slid in easily, sinking deep with a single long stroke. In fact it felt like he was in deeper than ever. Lisa felt she was being touched where no one ever had before. "Where no man has gone before," flashed through her mind and she started to stifle a laugh but whatever sound she started to make turned into a long, low moan as Jim caught her nipples between his thumbs and forefingers, squeezing and tugging them as he drove hard into her.

The next thrust took him even deeper and the words escaped Lisa. "Oh, God, yes, Lover. Fuck me. Fuck me hard."

He did. For much longer this time he pounded her hard while teasing her nipples and clit with his hands. Lisa came. Not once. Not twice. But three times. The third time was a shattering climax, one where she felt herself seemingly fly apart into a million pieces, to be dispersed throughout the universe. Eventually the fragments returned and she found herself now stretched flat but with Jim firmly atop her, his rod still buried in her depths. He was gently stroking her back and placing feather lite kisses all over her shoulders and neck. She definitely rated him right at the top of the list of the few lovers she had had.

She felt a ripple run up and down her body and knew from his reaction that he had felt it also. He placed another kiss between her shoulder blades and quietly said, "You know, Lisa, I think if you'll keep seeing me when we get to Columbus, I just might fall in love with you."

Lisa was thinking pretty much the same thing, but didn't let her serious thoughts show. Instead she teased, "Oh, you mean you don't just think I'm a nice piece of tail?"

Surprised, Jim still managed to answer, "Oh, you are definitely a nice piece of tail." But then in a little more serious voice said, "But Lisa, you are a lot more than that. You've given me shelter from a lot more than just a snow storm. The world looks a lot better than it did a couple of days ago." He slid out of her and they rolled to face each other. "I may just consider changing schools and finish up at OSU."

"I think I'd like that," Lisa replied. "You've helped me more than you can know. And no, I can't really explain but you've freed me from the past without destroying it. Oh, I can't really explain, but you really have helped me like you wouldn't believe." And then she added almost to herself, "And like I never thought would be possible." Then her voice changed to a lighter tone and she said, "Besides, you are quite a nice piece yourself."

Jim laughed and slapped her ass. She giggled and finally said, "OK, Lover. Want some breakfast?"

"I suppose. Perhaps I should just eat you."

Lisa sucked in her breath. "Later. Maybe after we eat we should come back here and see if we can keep warm all day as well."

"Sounds like an excellent idea." He gave her another kiss and then they threw back the covers. The cold air hit, causing both to suck in their breath. They quickly pulled on their clothing.

In the kitchen Lisa again put on the kettle for tea and oatmeal but this time when it was ready they took it back to the living room to eat. Afterwards they did as Lisa had suggested and once more shed their clothing and burrowed beneath the blankets. Except for lunch and supper they spent nearly the entire day there. They made love twice more but more importantly they talked. Talked on a more personal level than before. It's not too difficult to share secrets when you are cuddled together naked. They were learning a lot about each other and both liked what they were learning.

A second night in front of the fire and a second cold morning but a little warmer outside than the previous day. About two that afternoon the lights suddenly came back on and the furnace began to warm the house once more. By evening it was warm enough to skip the sweatshirts and sweaters. They moved the mattress back into the big bedroom but when night came they still shared it.

The next day the temperature outside climbed into the upper twenties, still clear and sunny. They heard the plows and that afternoon Lisa made the trip with Jim back up to his car. They had to dig out some snow that had piled up around it, but fairly soon they had it free. Lisa showed him the way around to the road which led to her house and he parked out front.

Jim stayedwith Lisa for another week, helping her to sort the items in the house. He did leave for Columbus three days before she did, so when she arrived back in town he had already acquired an apartment. He made sure he found one with a large bed.

Jim did transfer to OSU and after graduation he and Lisa both got offers to work for the same firm. Fortunately this firm had no problem with hiring married couples. They also kept the house in the mountains, using it as a retreat and vacation spot.

Years later when they were visiting the mountain house, Jim opened a box of things which had been stored and discovered the old crayon drawing Lisa had pulled from the refrigerator. He said nothing but quietly packed it to take back home with them. After they had returned, Lisa came home from work one day to find it held to the refrigerator with magnets. It was right above the other crayon drawing showing a man, a woman, a boy and a girl all holding hands. The ghost was still there but no longer restless.

jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers