Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Xipil and his mate had both watched the meeting and knew what this meant for Dan. Luna had told them what she had been forced to do and from the sounds of it she still didn't have much contact. Across the worlds what she had been forced to do had limited her contact with many of the actual Asian wolves. It was what had changed her and he could only hope this would help with her healing. It would probably take many years but he could only hope. "That sounds like a very good idea Danilo and set it up. Let me know when and a number of us will be there as well."

~~~

It had been a month since the Asian Alpha had arrived. Almost the day after she had arrived the winter had hit. For them it was mostly rain though further north it had started snowing. From the reports they had had been receiving from their contacts and families the snow had hit early and hard. In Dan's case the pack house and clan house were already layered under a good two feet of snow by now. Since this was the right time he called Maric to his office. "Come in and have a seat. I have been thinking about something for a while. I think it is time for you to grow beyond my beta. You have the potential to be an alpha. I want you to go and take charge of the packs in your original country."

Maric settled down and gave Dan a slight smile. "I was wondering when you were going to talk to me about this. I have to admit I do want to break a number of Alphas to my rule. You are a damn fine Alpha and I have learned a great deal from you. You have shown me what a real Alpha should be. I am ready and how do you want to do this?" He had been sensing Dan had plans for him for some time and that he was going to be the third Alpha in this counsel Dan was working on. As far as for this country he wasn't sure who it might be.

Dan gave him a tight smile. "Darn but you are a smart Beta... You are right though I decided to wait till winter was setting in since it would give you time to take over your former Alpha's pack. I have been keeping a close eye on it much as you have been. They are ripe for a takeover and we are going to go up and take care of this issue. In this case I am going to use my powers to get us up there and then you can take over."

Maric returned the smile though there was a great deal of evil in the smile. It was evil enough that Dan had to wince which only made the smile broaden. "So when are we going to go and say hello to my soon to be new pack?" His face hardened. "I am not going to challenge whoever is in charge. I am going to kill them and take over. Vermin do not deserve to be given any respect." His wolf came forward and the last was with a snarl. Much like with Dan's original pack in this world the top were bastards.

Dan snorted. "So not an issue and I don't give a damn, slime do not deserve respect and we will tell the Luna what they have done. So are you ready? If so give me a few to get some of my wolves and we will go. Once you are alpha we will break the bond and form the counsel." Dan was not looking forward to that. Breaking bonds always hurt and Dan hated doing it but he had to. In this case it was something he was looking forward to though. Once Maric had taken over the packs in his country all the packs on the west coast were going to be taken care of. For this country Dan hadn't found anyone good enough to really start taking over which concerned him.

To be honest Dan wasn't sure if he would find a wolf strong enough to be the lead Alpha for Xipil's country. They had been beaten down for so long not to mention the strong wolves tended to be killed as examples. There just weren't any strong wolves left unless they were in hiding. If they were hiding Dan didn't want them in charge since they would probably cut and run at the worst time possible. He also didn't want strange wolves coming in and trying to take over. That would be as bad as well. It was something he was going to have to really think about.

Maric gave Dan a tight grin. "You going to invite Pam along? It might get you back in her good graces." Everyone had been quietly laughing at the two as they grumped and growled at each other. Virtually everyone knew that Dan had done it to give Pam something to focus on. Everyone also knew that Pam was overacting for much the same reason.

Dan snorted. "I am still pretty miffed about the whole fat rat illusion she cast over me. I think this will be a boy's only trip. Call who you want to go with and who you want to remain with while you clean the mess up. I have already cleared this with Xipil." He stood and grabbed his sword from the holder on the wall and settled it on his shoulder. Dan had already strapped on his other weapons and made sure all his ammunition was silver loads.

Maric smirked at Dan. "At least Amarish didn't poke you with his katana. I know his fingers were twitching every time he saw you." Amarish's reaction upon seeing Dan that morning had about half the court in stitches. "Well we might want to go and get this over with. I know some of the wolves who can be mostly trusted to run things for me."

As Dan started turning towards the door he found the Asian wolf standing there. "Good morning. Unless it is urgent Maric and I have something to take care of." It wasn't that he didn't want her to know but she wasn't from this country.

Sumiko couldn't help but smile at him. "Is that what you call it around here? Business? We always call it taking out the vermin." She was grinning at him as she spoke. "I have been paying attention to what has been going on and asking questions you know. I knew it was only a matter of time before you went to deal with this. Right now you have an unsecured border north of here which is not good. Even if the country stands with you if the wolves aren't secured it could get bad."

Dan traded looks with Maric before shrugging. "Well if you want to come with that is fine. It isn't going to be a challenge for authority. We are going to go, exterminate a number of wolves, and take over. As far as I am concerned the higher up wolves are rogues. They are to be dealt with as rogues."

Maric growled. "Even worse than rogues if that is even possible." He took his weapons from one of the wolves who came in. Moments later there were six wolves and Dan's mandatory seven Kitsunes. Normally he had one of each in the temple but for this? There wasn't any way in hell they were letting him go without a full compliment.

Dan lifted a hand and called a portal up. "We are going to the Pack house you used to be at Maric. We will appear outside next to the challenge circle." The wolves went first followed by the three seniors and then the Kitsunes.

Maric's expression was cold and calculated. "Where is the Pack and the leaders of the pack. I am here to address some issues." He sent images of the wolves who had been responsible for most of the assaults in the pack. When he bellowed the pack house looked like a kicked bee hive as the pack came out. When it did Maric was almost horrified since it was reasonably smaller than when he had left.

"Who the fuck is in charge of this ragged ass pack?" His eyes almost looked similar to Dan's when he had originally come over. Sylvia might be doing better but he still remembered being held and forced to watch what had been done to her. When nobody spoke and the majority simply lowered their heads he snarled. "Fine I will start shooting the ones who have pissed me off in the past. I will start at the most senior and work my way down till I am happy the slime are gone." His pistol came out and he gut shot one of the worst. "So who is next?"

Everyone stared at him and then the one on the ground. All of the junior pack members and pups moved away from him and several others. One female tried to look up but couldn't. "Sir how is Sylvia doing? Many of us were so horrified by what happened." Her voice was almost as broken as some of Dan's pack had been.

Dan pulled out his pistol and stood there. "Go Maric I will keep watch." Right now Maric needed to comfort the other wolves and show that he wasn't going to be the same as the old alpha.

As Maric moved forward Dan was staring at the few wolves left in a small group. He was also using his spirit powers as he had been learning. He didn't know about Pam but each night a different spirit had come to him and started teaching him his powers. He applied what he had learned at the moment and before he realized it he lifted his pistol and shot one person. As the man fell a small pistol feel from his hand. "Oh fuck this." He shot the other two as well. "Sorry Maric but at least one had a weapon on him."

Maric had slowly walked over to the female and gently lifted her chin. "Thank you for asking and she is doing better and has found her mate. They haven't officially mated as of yet but he is a damn good wolf and is one of Dan's pack members. She is currently at the Silver Kitsune Clan working in the kitchen and her mate is starting to learn to be a Clan enforcer. I am not here to hurt anyone but to take over and removed the fuckers who hurt Sylvia."

He didn't even twitch when Dan shot the first person and simply looked in the wolfs direction. "Geeze Dan showing off much?" The bullet hole was dead between the wolfs eyes and centered on his nose. The back of the skull was missing.

Dan shrugged. "Hey silver rounds are expensive. Why use more than needed?" He frowned slight. "Damn it I have to get back. I am going to leave you here Maric as well as my wolves. Let me know when you have taken over all the packs. I will come back up for the meeting with the other Alphas if you want."

Maric turned and gave a slight chuckle at Dan's comment. "Oh, everyone this is, hold your breath for the titles, Lord of the Clans Lord Alpha Danilo Legarith. He is related to the family of the leader of the Silver Kitsune clan, a Clan Lord of his country, and senior Alpha. Oh and he introduced me to my new mate. She just delivered some pups and is at the Silver Kitsune clan property. I will bring her down when I feel it is safe."

As he was talking Dan snorted, called up a portal and vanished along with his Kitsunes and the Asian Alpha. When they appeared in his office again he grumbles. "I want to go back to being just a damn Alpha. I have more titles than tails as of now."

~~~

By the time winter really hit it was as expected a very heavy winter and in the mountains snow piled up deeper than in almost a generation. The rains were heavy and washed out roads and small towns. It was going to be a hard winter and there were going to be many problems but it was also going to keep people at home. As far as the palace grounds and nearby city the construction was mostly done when they hit thankfully.

The new training camp outside of the city wasn't nearly as completed but that just gave something for all the troops to work on. It was good exercise for them and encouraged them to work together. Well either that or fuck each other till they figured out how to work together. As of now there were several thousands of troops working at building the camp. That included wolves, humans, and other supernatural. It was going to take some time but they were doing training with weapons as well. An influx of new weapons were starting to come in as well though they were being very carefully controlled.

More new equipment was coming in as well such as new vehicles, uniforms, gear, and anything else they could think of. It wasn't a huge amount of equipment since many of the countries didn't do mass building of higher tech. Dan was taking much of what he knew from his time serving during WWII though he was mixing in as much newer tech as well. He didn't want to overwhelm the recruits and re-treads since this country was rather backwards. Dan did want mobility and hated the idea of either walking everywhere or some sort of mounted infantry and Calvary on horses.

To the best of his knowledge there were several more months of winter before it was going to be over. He as well as the others hoped that it would be enough time to get sufficient troops trained. They were doing the best they could. Only time would tell.

~~~

For Leon it had been a very stressful several months. Once Dan had drawn his mate into the pack she had relaxed some but that was a relative term. Mari had come in and spent a fair amount of time with the woman which did help as well. The hard part was being drawn away from her during the day as he was building a better healers college. It was a great deal of work even with the assistance he had ended up working with. It almost seemed like every week more and more students came through as the trained troops started being processed.

He had finally dissected and defined all the markings on her body and he had been forced to go to Alysson for comfort. They were total corruptions of Kitsune magic as well as a few other versions. Thankfully they hadn't been completed so they were not impacting on her spirit. Her body yes but not her spirit which was a good thing. After contacting a number of his counter parts they had worked to come up with a hopeful solution.

It was a case of having to affect one scar at a time and before they could they had to map out all the connections. Each sigil was tied in with another and each and every connection had to be mapped out. When they eliminated one sigil they would have to remap everything again. If they managed to resolve one mark a week they were having a good week. As of now they had managed to resolve ten marks but there were easily another thirty or forty more.

To make it even more exhausting every time they removed one the connections became more complex. Leon wasn't sure if he would be able to remove all of them without the assistance of one of the spirits or her Luna. He could tell she was starting to feel better since she was spending more time in her human form. Though tight clothing bothered her they had some loose robes for her and it had taken time but she slowly started talking to him. The first time she had allowed him to hold her he had cried in happiness. "Thank you love." He still didn't have her name since she wouldn't give it to her.

By the time Dan had taken Maric to take over the packs of his old country she had gotten slowly more comfortable around him. He had talked more about himself to her than he had in many years. He was far older than Alysson even though she was the heir. Leon had known he was going to be a healer and quickly gave up any interest in being the clan heir. He was not the right fit and he knew it. The spirits had agreed with him and he had quickly settled into being a spirit healer.

Leon hoped by the end of winter she would be comfortable enough and healed enough to sleep next to him. Not for sex but for comfort and relaxing as well as to get her comfortable next to him. At the moment he was relaxing in her room with her leaning against him. She was drowsing and he had his eyes closed as he was relaxing. *Love you lady and I will be here for you as long as you need to heal.*

The end. To be continued in a few months. I needed to bring this book to a close. But it will be continued in the next book. This was the loss and the agony because of what had happened to Dan. The next book is going to be How much do we have to lose?

12