All Comments on 'Silver Moon - Were-Bear Fan Fic'

by maxd01

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago
Loved this

I totally loved this. Funny and heart-warming in equal parts. Grover is awesome and just the kind of man (?) Julia and Giani needed. He's gruff, funny, unpretentious, with a heart to match his size. I was glad to see Julia heal from her trauma and find her mate. Giani, as always, is a sweetie.

The parts with the scrunchie were hysterical.....gods defeated and annoyed by a cloth covered piece of rubber.....

BigDog167BigDog167over 9 years ago
Liked it a lot.

A good fit for Dan's pack and fun to boot.

BigDog167BigDog167over 9 years ago
Lasagna stuffed spaghetti squash

Try stuffing it with a mixture of this then broil for a few until the cheese melts.

1 lb Italian sausage or ground turkey.

2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce.

2 tablespoons basil

½ cup ricotta cheese

½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus extra for topping)

Taste great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome-sause, more please!

Had a great laugh and thoroughly enjoyed myself, it didn't matter whether or not there were XXX scenes or not. I predict a great many people wanting to read more of Grover :)

JhyrJhyrover 9 years ago
Aaaawwwww..... some! ;-)

Very, very cute.

Grover kinda sorta reminds me of a Were Forrest Gump.

Only thing that ticked me off a little bit (this is not exclusive to this story, but I finally decided to mention it)... the 'kiddie speak'. Wuvs Grover, pwease, I's this and that... that sorta thing.

Near as I can tell the kids are merely young and don't have any particular speech impediment (except for Amariah and her stuttering), so... I'll admit that I don't have very many dealings with young children but the ones I HAVE met don't speak anything like that.

Then again, English isn't my first language... maybe English-language kids actually do speak like that *shrugs*.

Anyways, looking forward to many, many more Grover stories! (Hint, hint, hint, hint....!!!! ;-D)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
best yet

This is by far one of the best yet. It brought me many smiles and even many tears too. Should you wish i can be reached at skp2bear@yahoo.com.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved it................more please.

I loved the way you added the ursa aspect to the story. The fact that you gifted Dan with bits of the ursa with direction. It added another dimension to Dan and his story. Grover reminds me of a good ole boy I grew up with. He was big and looked like he could bench press a cow. but had a heart of gold and would do anything for anybody, but try to start a fight with the guy and you would be picking your self up off the floor in the other room and repairing the wall you went through... I love your stories and this story was wonderful.

Wildman28Wildman28over 9 years ago
awesome

This was great I absolutely loved it I'd love to see it continue. Secondly I give two thumbs way up for your fan that came up with this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved it

loved it and it fit right in with the other silver moon....I hope we hear more

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The co-author and fan.

This is Payenbrant. The co author to the story, and no...it lists me as anonymous since my computer and the programs on it are old and out of date. (Max! No coal burning steam-punk jokes!) Anyway, glad you all liked it. I like the Ursa aspect myself. I blame Skyrim for that.

The spaghetti squash! Love it! I like to roast it on a fire then bust open a can of Prego or Ragu Old wolrd sauce and dig in! I know you can cook it a better way...thanks for the recipe...will try it. Let me know how long to roast it. I can cook over a fire just fine but in an oven I need exact times and instructions or I burn things. Will tell you about the adventures I had with Take-and-bake-pizza.

As for kiddie speak? Well, I have three boys I babysit regularly and just now the eldest who is 8 is now learning to enunciate properly. So...yeah...don't know what to tell you but I tried my best and I know Max did to make the talking real. My head wanted to do spins and I about broke my spellchecker on Word with how Grover speaks! I think it's in a corner crying somewhere.

Thank you wildman for the two thumbs up! Max...I remember when I approached him he was a little skeptical but gave me a ton of "LOL's" after he read a peice of my idea. True co-author event that was a picnic basket of fun! How often do I get to write with someone who agress with me 90% of the time! Or maybe I agreed with him 90% of the time? Huh? SAME difference!

As to it continuing...I have mixed feelings on it. I want to write more, but I have my own stuff to work on. I feel one more in my bones but I am not sure when Max and I have time to collaborate. We are real people with real lives and issues, but we will see. When we have time and if he is amenable...I have one more in my thoughts.

IE: Co-authors means BOTH have to be able to write it! :-)

Thanks again for reading and voting.

Sincerely, Payenbrant

BigDog167BigDog167over 9 years ago
Recipe, (you can also nuke the squash to start.)

2 Small to Medium spaghetti squash

1 lb Italian sausage or ground turkey.

2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce.

2 tablespoons basil

½ cup ricotta cheese

½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus extra for topping)

Olive oil

salt & pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash spaghetti squash, cut off stem and slice squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and gunk. Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place in baking dish (9×13 works well) with a little water in the bottom of the dish — as the squash cooks, you can add more water if it dries up. Roast for 45-60 minutes, depending on squash size, or until inside is soft and easily “fluffs” with a fork. It will look like very tiny spaghetti noodles… hence the name, cool huh? Or microwave whole for 25 to 30 minutes before cutting and cleaning. Be sure to cut off the stem or it will burn during the last step.

While squash is roasting, brown Italian sausage or turkey in large skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage from the pan and set aside.

If you are using a jar sauce, add that to the pan now and simmer. Add the sausage back into the sauce.

In a bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and fresh basil, set aside.

When squash is tender, remove from oven and using a fork, scoop, fluff, flake, scrape, whatever you’d like to call it, to get the inside of the squash to look like spaghetti noodles. You don’t have to get at ALL of the squash, you can scoop more later when you get to the bottom after it’s been filled and you’re enjoying it for dinner.

Now we FILL THEM! Start with a scoop of the red sauce, followed by a layer of the cheese mixture, (you can add extra mozzarella on each layer too!) and repeat the layers until you’ve over filled your squash, ending with a layer of red sauce and then topping them with mozzarella. Trust me. Over fill ‘em.

Turn the oven to broil and put them back in to brown up the cheesy top.

BigDog167BigDog167over 9 years ago
Recipe: Forgot to add

I have had people like that recipe so much they made themselves sick by eating way to much. Also it is low carb for diabetics and if using ground turkey comes in at around 400 calories while still being filling.

dougtigdougtigover 9 years ago
great story

I loved it. the way I read Grover is a eastern KY accent. kind of like the Walton's tv show. far as kid speak I had cusions that talked like that when they was young and my own kids did when they were lil. please keep more of this story coming.

maxd01maxd01over 9 years agoAuthor
@BigDog167

I officially hate you now... Damn it that sounds frigging good and I don't have anywhere to cook it right now. Well that and I am now starving and don't have any good snacks available.

As far as the children I have three and though they are no longer kids they talked somewhat that way. I am mostly mangling the language slightly so everyone knows that it is a young child talking. When someone writes a story and a little child says something like 'Mommy I am hungry and would like some bacon and eggs for breakfast' it drives me nuts. Even the most well spoken child of five or six simply can't put a sentence together that way. I know because my oldest girl was talking as good as most five year olds when she was three. Even when she was five she wasn't able to string words together like that.

I do have to say thanks to everyone for reading and supporting this story. When Payen approached me I was honestly slightly shocked that anyone would want to do a fan fic based on one of my stories. I was also quite honored as well since his stories are getting better ratings and comments than mine. Our styles do mesh quite well and by that I mean we are both a bit warped and around the bend... Just read his story and you will see what I mean.

Originally he was going to write the story and just have me polish the bits with my main characters but it just clicked in my brain. I had to toss in my two cents worth such as the pony tail holder and Amaratsue's tails. Or Aka No's irritation with the band and trying to figure out what it is. My brain started bubbling and this co-authored story happened.

Please keep voting and commenting. As most writers will tell you that is what drives them. Not just the OMG it's good but also the 'I enjoyed it but...' It both helps us improve our skills.

BigDog167BigDog167over 9 years ago
maxd01, could have been worse

I could have posted my recipe for slow cooker pork and barley with carrots, mushrooms and onions. It sounds odd but it taste great and the smell as it cooks will have you drooling hours before it is ready.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
so freaking awesome

this was greatly written and i would love to see more come forward. i didnt think there was a character id like almost as much as dan but grover did it. hes so perfect in the way he would fit. wouldnt mind seeing him in the main story or more spin off. ether way you guys did an awesome job. thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonderfull

almost never read anything over 3 chapters , thank you for the wonderful read

benitag717benitag717over 9 years ago
werebear delight

Beautiful story - well written and flowed almost seamlessly. Very appreciated has a plot you can sink your teeth into...LOL. Had to favorite this story and its authors. It was that endearing from beginning to end. Thank you for writing. Look forward to reading more. B.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
keep writing!

I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't read a story with kitsune in it for some time. And here it is. Thank you. Please post more. I want to know more about both Dan and Grover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Surprised...

Not sure what I was expecting. Was interested in readng a story about were bears which I was curious about. Now I got to read the whole rest of the series which is fine. Liked Grover, Dan seems pretty chill too. Can't wait to see if theres jmore coming. Of course now I have all of Max stuff to read and now I got to read this payen stuff too so, my weekend is now full.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 9 years ago
Perfect end

Made me cry...wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
confused but happy

Love this fan fiction story was amazing, only thing that irked me (though not too badly) was that I thought aka no haha was red's destined mate, and gin no was atarume (excuse any misspelling) good job regardless x

maxd01maxd01almost 9 years agoAuthor
@ confused Anony

I did mess that up and I need to go back and correct it. It is such a pain to resubmit though.

ClunketyClunketyalmost 9 years ago
Bear Necessities

I swear I had this song from the Jungle Book in my head the whole time. My first relatable moment with Grover was when he went to go see Julia, but hoped Angie would answer because she seemed "safer." That was a great detail. Also there was a part near the end: "Giani poured out onto the forest floor..." What imagery! I had a little trouble in the middle keeping up with whose head I was in, sometimes omniscient POV is such a bitch. I'll say you did a fair job meshing the styles, but sometimes exclamation points can be so telling! ;-D

hlind77107hlind77107almost 9 years ago
Loved it.....

Loved it. Would really love to read further adventures of Grover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful!

I loved this story of Grover and Julia (and of course the pups). You did an amazing job. Please keep writing!!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Just Wow

I save a few stories in my browser. This one goes in the "just wow" category. It was that good.

RedsherryRedsherryalmost 5 years ago
Max

R.I.P Max June 2019

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous