Simply His Ch. 04-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CalyPy
CalyPy
240 Followers

"Well for one, he is an asshole." He said as he ran his fingers thru his hair. "Pardon my language." He added looking back at me and I smiled. "I think you did well, there are limits to what one employer can request from its employees and he has been pushing that line one too many times with you. I am very happy I took the chance to come find you today. Please promise me to take care of yourself from now on, this guy seems overly interested in you and I don't like it. At least, be careful until I can come back from my trip and keep you safe." He said with a smile and I just melted right there.

"So you will come back to town?" I admitted my hopes were high.

"Did you doubt it before?" He said almost offended. I blushed and lowered my head. He took my hand again and pulled my chin up with his other one. "I am a man of my word. I will be back by the end of the week and we will go out in a proper date, if you allow me to take you that is. I really want to get to know you better Meadow." I was sure I stopped breathing, these type of things don't happen to simple girls like me. I nodded and he smiled. "Now finish your meal before I walk you back to the office." He laid back on his chair and smirked. I giggled and started to eat it as if it was the most delicious thing ever. His smile wanted me to do everything to him. I blushed as he perked a brow, almost as if he could read my mind, and I had to look away to the window until I was done.

When we stood in front of each other at my building's entrance, I felt a bit nervous. Were we rushing this? He admitted to be interested in me, and I sure as hell was interested in him. But I started to think it was perhaps all happening too fast. He caught my distracted look and took my hand gently in his. "Meadow... I think I am going a bit crazy here. If you want me to stop just say so. I have always been too busy and too caught up in things to look anything or anyone until I met you, and can't stop thinking about you... in a good way... I just want to get to know you. But I dont want you to feel pushed to say yes to any of my invitations if you are not sure or..."

The hell with it, he is just as insecure as me. I reached up and kissed him, feeling my own lips burn in contact with his; he was surprised but didn't resist it, my heart was about to come out through my chest. I was about to pull back and say I was sorry when I felt his arms wrap around me and hold me gently. He kissed me back! His lips moved oh so softly against mine, it just felt right. We were like teenagers with innocent first kisses; he didn't push it for more, and i held my greed for wanting it to be more. When we broke apart I was panting and felt as almost losing balance. He gently caressed my face and a painful look showed in his eyes. "Now I really don't want to make that stupid trip..."

--***--

Chapter 6

"Feeling the pull"

*Caleb*

I haven't stop pacing around my office as my third in command reported to me about our recovery operation. He has been nervous because we left him in charge but he understood the seriousness of the situation. We both had laid a plan to get our troops recovered and in training, remodeled security shifts and reinforced our compound to make sure no one dares to cross our land barriers again. It was all of huge importance, and I kept trying to focus, but I still felt the tingles on my lips from our kiss. My mate was far from me and I craved her touch, how innocent that might be.

"Alpha, we can continue this later if you feel the need to rest." He said after clearing his throat. I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I am sorry Craig, I am just... distracted... but I can see already how things have improved with your assessment and guide. I see the result of our plans. Alexei is going to be back in around a week and you will have to face his grumpy ass when he sees we changed all his old do's." I chuckled and he instantly relaxed, laughing and nodding. We both knew Alexei hated things to change without his supervision.

Once he left my office, I opened the first drawer of my desk and looked at my cellphone. A wide smile as I read her message.

*Meadow- Thank you for calling last night, it was so nice to talk to you and continue on this crazy journey of getting to know each other. Can I be honest?

Her message was sent two hours ago, and she is probably still working. I didn't want to interrupt her and distract her so I held on tight to my crave and decided to wait. Just one more hour till lunch time and I could text her and call her.

Last night I felt impossible to stop my fingers to select her name and hit dial. When she answered at the 3rd rang I was already getting nervous. But it was worth it, she had just finished dinner and was preparing for bed. We talked for over an hour and in that time we shared last names, and job descriptions in more detail; we were both ashamed we didn't actually ask any of that when we first met. Her building held many companies but the one she was working for was a real estate agency. She was their connection to the sales agents and she wanted to increase their earnings percentage as encouragement for the agents to sell more. I on the other hand, did lied a bit. I told her I was in the import/export business and I was the director, which was why I had times when I had to travel constantly. What did I imported and exported? Well when she asked me, I felt a bit nervous, but I went with something not too far from reality. I told her I was in Security services and equipment, transportation consulting and technology, data processing equipment and services. I didn't lied that much, I do all that besides a few more things. She was impressed but didn't let that go over too much. We went through what kind of food we wanted to eat and what things we liked to do when we had free time. Time went by so quickly.

It was finally noon when I texted her back.

*Caleb- I am dying to hear your honest thoughts. I hope you are having a good day.

I felt my anxiety grow as I sat on the dinner table waiting for my meal while I looked at my phone over and over. After 15 minutes of no answer, I grew worried and called Alex.

"Where is she?"

"Well hello to you too Alpha. I am doing just fine, thank you."

I sighed. "Alexei, report." My command voice was strong, he took a second before replying. "She is about to go out of the building, a long line in the security checkout. She looks happy and is talking to another girl who is in front of her at the line. I will scan her face through our recognition software and get you her ID as well in a few minutes."

I nodded, satisfied by his report, then immediately felt guilty by the way I treated him. "Thank you Alex."

"Oh now I am Alex?" He replied, completely in his place. I smirked at the hints of the old Alex coming back. I missed his challenging personality. He will always be the only person I let defy me. Well, he and now her, tho she never seems to defy me, we just click together so well. Time will tell, and time is what I wanted to rush by so I could be next to her.

"I talked to Cara, she cried on me..." He admitted, and I felt a shot of sadness. I waited in silence for him to continue. "We both cried. It was needed. But we will be fine, as long as we have each other to comfort. She insisted on coming with me to keep an eye on the future Luna, she wants to know her too. Is that ok?"

"Are you kidding? Cara is the best tracker in the pack, she is extremely smart and loyal. You hit the jackpot with her. I would be more than happy for her to join you." I said with wide smile, I could feel him on the other side smiling proud as well.

"She is out of the building now, just said goodbye to the girl, hold on, let me take a pick of her." He took a few seconds then continued. "I will get you the info of the girl soon. She seems to be walking towards that small hole you went with her last time."

I laughed so hard. "Well, if she likes it, must be a worthy hole, respect your future Luna." I said trying to sound serious. Then I felt my phone buzz and I looked quickly at the screen; it was a message from her. "I have to go, she is texting me. Please don't leave her tail until she is home safe. That co worker of hers gives me a very bad vibe."

"Don't worry, I got her well covered. I sneaked in last night and put two surveillance cameras inside their floor. I can watch over her from here."

"You did what?! Send me the info Alex! You sneaky bastard! good thinking buddy, well done... you will be greatly rewarded..." I was grinning, and I knew he was too. He cut the call just a second before I tried to.

*Meadow- Hey! Sorry I took long to reply, I just met my boss's daughter, she came to town to visit her father and he asked me to take her out to show her the city a bit. Will probably do that tomorrow. She seems like a nice girl. I am having a good day so far, how about you?

Well that info came quickly, so I had nothing to suspect from the daughter of her boss, at least it wasn't another guy.

*Caleb- My day was just filled with meetings and waitings.

*Meadow- Meetings? awww... waitings? everything ok?

*Caleb- Waiting for you to reply my question, which was a subject you brought up.

*Meadow- Thank you for making me blush. I was going to say... that to be honest, I already miss you.

I smiled as much as I my lips could contour; I sighed with such joy. I felt ridiculous and at the same time so full.

*Caleb- You have no idea how happy it makes me read you say that. That means I am not alone. I miss you too.

I heard my desk phone and felt startled. I picked it up and cleared my throat before answering. "Hello."

"Alpha Rowen, we had another rogue attack at our allies in the South. I am growing tired of this bastards, we need to do something!" I recognized the angry voice all too well.

"Alpha Demark, I am brewing a plan and need you to trust me. If you do, this will all be for the best." I heard him growl lowly.

"What do you want me to do."

"Right now, what is most important is to aid our allies, we all made a pact and we will honor it till our last breath. I am going to gather some of my trust worthy warriors and send them to you. Please wait for them, and once they arrive, go help cure the wounded ones and re organize their pack. Their Alpha was new, Smithson right?"

"Yes, the little pup is alive and shaken, he just took over his father's death a couple of months ago. He is just 24 years old."

"I just want you to wait for my men to arrive, the Rogues are being smarter than before and I don't want to lead two aid squads. Do not underestimate them, is what we did and we lost Alexei's cub." I didn't like to bring the subject, but Demark was known to be of volatile temperament but also had two pups of his own, the subject will make him think twice before doing anything crazy.

"I know... I know... how is he handling it by the way? is he back on the job?" He said, a bit more toned down. Message received at least.

"He is taking a few days, under my orders. I gave him a few easy tasks to do at his home town while he and Cara take time to mourn their lost."

"Poor Cara, my wife was devastated when she saw her cry. We will be waiting for your men Rawen, just don't waste time."

"You will have them in your territory by the end of the night." He sighed and mumbled an "ok" before he hung up.

I sighed and took a deep breath; Cornelius and Agape were a deadly couple and madness was what drove them to do the things they did. I sat on my chair and called my 3rd with a mental link. I felt my phone buzz and rushed to check.

*Meadow- Oh I feel a big relief. So we can both join the sanity club!

*Meadow- Are you ok?

*Meadow- Well, time to get back to work. I hope you are ok. Hit me a text when you can; I can't be on my phone all the time but will be keeping an eye from time to time. Be safe?

I lost track of time and made her worried. We have not mated, she doesn't even know what I really am, she might still refuse me and leave. But she already worries about me. The goddess is wise.

*Caleb- I am sorry, work stuff, I had to deal with a security breach and was nothing fun. You worry about me? Meadow... I am going to be ok, you please take care of yourself, I will be fine if I don't have to worry about you and that Gideon guy.

I hit sent before I could think about it twice. My 3rd knocked on the door and walked in. "Alpha, you called?"

"We have to make adjustments to your plan, and I need you to get 5 and send them to Demark's territory, he will be expecting them. The Rogues went after Smithson and we are going to aid them. I want them there tonight Craig. Come back when you have them moving."

"Yes Alpha." He was quick and left the room alone for myself and my thoughts. I needed to start thinking how to prepare for their attacks, how to work with my allies and probably do some changes. We needed to start working on different strategies. So much needed to be done, and I had my heart miles away.

CalyPy
CalyPy
240 Followers
12