Simply His Ch. 27-30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A shadow stood outside our booth, I turned my head towards it and Caleb growled openly, the music helping mask the rage in it. I closed my eyes as I felt the floor moving and my dizziness growing, my heart pacing so fast. From out of the shadows my wolf walked out and reached me. I saw her sink her paws in the floor symbolically. I started to feel a little better, but the smell and the sensation never left. I was thankful of my wolf being so helpful. 'What is happening to Caleb? Who is out there?' I asked her shaking. She took deep sniffs and then looked back at me. 'Our mate needs to control himself. An ancient vampyr has arrived.' She said and I snapped my eyes open, I held Caleb's face between my hands, I remembered when he told me about vampires and how they were not really enemies, so if this one was causing him to tense, there should have been a strong reason for it.

'Caleb, look at me.' I sent him in what it felt a command voice, his eyes locked on mine. 'Be the man I admire and love.' I said to him and he took a deep breath, his wolf growling lowly, as his human side took back control. He turned his head towards the shadow and spoke. "Come in if your intentions are honorable, leave if you plan to start a war."

A few seconds passed and then I saw a pale pair of hands opening the curtains. I gasped, before us the picture of ancient battles in roman illustrations took life of its own. He was tall and powerful, his eyes looking at me and making me quiver. Caleb's arms tensed around me and he grunted. "Introduce yourself before my mate and I." he ordered.

The man looked back at Caleb with amusement, and then lowered his head. "My name is Aeneas, and I came in peace, wolf. Hold your fangs, I am holding mine." His voice was sincere, his eyes, although amused, were not cocky nor petulant. Caleb nodded and pointed the chair opposite us.

So much for our night alone.

--***--

Chapter 30

"The Advent of Dawn"

*Meadow*

I sat still, my eyes never leaving the roman-like live statuette before us, my hand though, caressing Caleb's.

"Why are you here, you amongst all of those of your kind." Caleb spoke with a controlled anger. The man looked around the booth then back at me, giving me a smile. I felt strange; I wasn't affected by what I felt he was trying to do to me, but I didn't felt afraid either.

He held his eyes in me while he spoke, pushing Caleb to the edge. "There has been... some circumstances... which have drawn my attention..." His eyes changed a little, as if he noticed something while he was looking at me. "Interesting..." He said and I knew he referred to me.

"What is interesting?" I asked, Caleb's wolf poised as if to attack, as he growled lowly. Aeneas didn't care, he kept staring at me, driving both Caleb and his wolf mad. "You... you are interesting..." He said and I nodded. "Do I remind you of someone?" He blinked in surprise to my question and I felt he briefly lowered his guard.

He broke his gaze and looked back at Caleb, a relief inside me. "No one in particular." He said and then he sighed pretending to be bored. Though I felt he had something else in mind. "Wolf King, that is how they call you. You lead the biggest alliance in this continent. I will make this short for you. I came to offer my aid." He said as he looked towards the curtains, seconds later our waitress walked in.

"Apologies, I wasn't aware you were expecting a third. May I offer you the menu, Sir?" She asked flushed with an extremely unusual reaction. He grinned as he looked at her and I saw the poor woman fan herself while looking at him. He was using some kind of charm in her and it made me very uncomfortable. Was he trying that in me a minute ago? Was he surprised it didn't work?

I cleared my throat and the poor woman dropped her notepad and looked at me, surprise in her eyes. "I am... I am sorry Madam, please excuse me, I will be back with the menu for you Sir." She said and rushed out clumsily.

"If you are here for business, keep it in your pants." I said loud enough so the waitress could hear as well. Aeneas stared at me, for once, surprise in his eyes. Caleb chuckled and started to relax. 'Did he tried to charm you?' He asked me and I took a deep breath and looked at him. 'Yes, I think he did.' I replied and he shook his head. I was glad he wasn't as tense anymore. 'I am proud of you Princess... Vampyrs old and powerful such as him, can even alter mated females too.' I started to feel relief to the fact that he wasn't able to affect me and looked back at our visitor.

"No one has talked to me like that in... well... let's just say, your mate wasn't even born yet. And the last one who dared to suggest such thing, became my playtoy for a few centuries." He said as if he was talking about the weather. I wasn't going to show him any emotions, I wasn't his to entertain.

"If you came here to offer any kind of aid, you started the wrong way. You are supposed to try to be nice and respectful to the territory's host." Caleb said as his arm held me tightly. "Now down to business... How can you possibly aid us?"

He laid against the couch and pondered his next words. "I hate coming to the new world." He mumbled quietly but our ears captured it loud enough. "You are facing an evil you are not aware of, and the dangers he represents to us all, are bigger than our possible differences." He said in a firm voice.

Caleb frowned, the possibilities held in Aeneas words were far too important. "Are you referring to Cornelius and Agape?" He said and I felt myself shiver. Caleb leaned to me and kissed my shoulder, brushing his lips near my mark. I took a deep breath and tried to relax, his touch helping me.

Aeneas nodded. "May I suggest we continue this talk in a more... private environment? Is not that I don't want to... keep it in my pants..." He said as he looked at me, then back at Caleb. "But there are things in my nature of which I am not always in control." He finished just in time as the waitress came back to offer him the menu. Caleb took a deep breath and nodded. "He won't be ordering anything, please pack our food to take with us and add it to my tab." He said and the girl looked down with disappointment in her eyes, picking up our food and leaving.

Caleb kissed my cheek and I smiled. "Lets go Princess, I will make it up to you soon, I promise." I smiled and nodded.

The waitress brought our food and the three of us walked out of the restaurant. Caleb held my hand as he opened the door of the car for me and looked at Aeneas. "I suppose you have a way to follow us." He nodded with a grin. "Many, in fact." Caleb gently pushed me in and I followed his lead, keeping my eyes on him as he walked around to his side. "Then you will meet us at our home outside the city." He stated, closing the door and putting the car into gear.

The way to our home was not a short one, it was one that would allow us time to talk, and I was thankful of that. He took my hand in his and sighed. "I am sorry, Princess. But this seems important." I shook my head. "Don't be sorry, I understand."

We drove a bit more in silence then I felt him reach to our special link. 'Let's talk here, he can't hear us this way.' I squeezed his hand. 'Caleb, he is a vampire, a very old and powerful one, isn't he?' I asked, already knowing the answer. 'Yes, that is why I am letting him come to discuss this, if it has to do with Cornelius then it is still something important. He has been gone from our radars for over a week and that is keeping me worried.' I nodded and took a deep breath, I could still feel his presence near us. 'Ok... what else should I be aware of vampires? Besides them trying to manipulate every two legs with a skirt?' Caleb chuckled and I giggled, I felt safe with him, so I wasn't afraid, but I knew little of the real vampires that walked our world.

'They are old, hence they hold great knowledge. Like us, with age they grow in power, as well. They are lonely creatures, even though they can have the equivalent of mates, not all chose to have one. As they can't breed, they lose interest over time in their short term partners. Those who do chose mates are loyal to death. Sometimes beyond.' I pondered his words and felt sad towards his answer, and their life choices. 'Why you don't like this vampire in particular?' I finally asked him and he sighed. 'He is well known to be one of the troublemakers of his kind. A very powerful trouble maker. I have worked hard with my allies to keep peace in this continent, and I will be damned if one bored vampire decides to break it just as a diversion from his boredom.'

We arrived home and as soon as Caleb parked the car, Aeneas landed softly behind us. I was happy that on our way, Caleb mind linked Craig to stay in the city and keep an eye on things, specially the presence of more vampires. I didn't want to have Bella and Craig anywhere near this creature.

As soon as we got inside Caleb's study, I sat on my favorite couch and he joined me. Aeneas walked to the single chair, sat graciously and locked his fingers together. "Ok, we are in a safe place now, no ears besides our owns. Share what you have about Cornelius." Caleb asked him straight.

Aeneas nodded and looked outside the window, his mind troubled, at least I could sense that much. "You are not facing an ordinary wolf, Rowen. The kind of evil that resides in him is an ancient one."

"There was always something about him that didn't felt right. Do you know what kind of evil he is?" Caleb asked, and I felt he held more information than what he was sharing now. Aeneas looked back at him and nodded. "I have faced him before, in times that were not yet written in stone. This is an evil you are more familiarized to hear them called *Demons*".

He looked at us and I reflected calm, but inside I was scared to my core. A new race I never thought really existed, and this one far more dangerous than any other. Caleb tensed and grunted. "So he is a Demon who chose a wolf as a host body?" He asked him and he nodded. "He has been doing so for centuries, each time he comes he picks a new race host to his vicious intentions."

The phone rang and it startled me, I almost jumped from my seat but Caleb held my hand and squeezed it gently. Then he walked to his desk and picked the phone. "Yes." He said and I felt his rage at the news he was hearing. "How many casualties." He asked, teeth gritting and eyes closed. I walked to him and put an arm around his waist, just offering him something to hold on to. He put his hand over mine trying to breath as he shook his head. "You got her? At least something good came out of that." He said and I was going crazy, I didn't want to push him for information yet. I knew he will fill us, if not me at least, soon. I could also concentrate in over hearing him but that was wrong, I held myself from it. "That is insane... Just keep him far from her and wait for our return. We are not coming alone." He cut the call and held my hand as he turned to me. "Bad and crazy news. We need to go back now." He looked at Aeneas and continued. "They tried to attack our territory but didn't expect to find so many... defenses. Not many casualties from their side this time, unfortunately, but something unexpected has happened." He said as he looked back at me. "Alex and Cara managed to capture Agape...".

"That is great news! So we have something against Cornelius now!" I said, a little excitement in my voice, he shook his head and sighed. "There goes the crazy news. Gideon has gone nuts, he claims he feels a weird connection with her, something Alex could only explain as a mating pull."

My eyes grew wide. Gideon wasn't exactly the most sane person I had ever met, but he was changing, and I knew this meant something bad. Now we had to go back, there was no other way to delay our return, and so many things would change. Caleb looked at Aeneas and nodded. "Call those who followed you, and prepare to join us. Give us two days, there are not only wolfs in our land, and we need to prepare for several of your people to arrive."