Simply His Ch. 35-38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Explain..." I managed to say between gritted teeth. Woah, when was I this upset? and with Caleb? This was very new to me and I didn't like it. He sighed and closed his eyes, the sadness in him made me change again and try to soften up, I swallowed hard and tried again, this time a bit calmer. "Please, tell me what is going on inside me?" He opened his eyes and a small smile made me relax and lay against the pillows.

"There is a lot involved, so I will try to explain the best I can... Aeneas did something that broke Cornelius' fake bond between you and Young Smithson, he introduced a serum he created over the years but perfected only recently... he tried to make a new blood bond, between you and him, but when the time came, he made me do it. Alphas usually do this, not always, but they do it with their Lunas... I didn't, because I was holding a secret I needed time to explain before I could reveal it to you..." He sighed and slid his fingers between his hair, looking through the window briefly before looking back at me.

"All these emotions you feel inside you are a real connection between us, a connection made when a blood exchange is made... the negative feelings, the anger, they are all from me... that is how I felt always, all the time, until I met you... and after our blood exchange, it passed on to you... My father was not a real werewolf... he was a shapeshifter... I haven't told you much about them but they basically can shift into some animals of their choice, never more than five in total... a shape shifter is versatile but has limitations, their nature and elements rule over their animals, and they can't be shifted for long, however, there was a legendary race, the original full blood shifters, who could remain in their animals indefinitely... my father was one of them, and his animals were fantastic ones..." I was mind blown by what he was sharing with me, and although I felt some anger inside me, I still was more shocked and amazed than anything by what he was telling me, again more of this new world that opened to me.

"The pure shifters were feared and hated, and for a time hunted down. Only five of them remained alive and hidden. My father was one of them, his three animals were a manticore, a snake and a wolf. He chose to keep his wolf primary in order to be recognized as alpha and take the pack under his rule... Meadow, I am a shifter too... my anger, my volatile temperament, they come from one of my animals and it has been hidden for so long, it only wants to break lose and tear everything apart... I fear so much for your safety, for my sanity... I didn't want to hide this from you but I can't hide it anymore, the mutual blood bond, our mutual mark, made the strongest of bonds, the connection so strong, our own feelings entwine. Please forgive me Princess... please believe me I didn't want to make you any harm..."

I was beyond shock, taken by his words and the truth of his emotions at the same time... I knew he was telling the truth, I felt it so well on my skin. I looked at him for several minutes, his gaze never breaking mine. We made it this far, through so much together. Was I going to let this break us?

After about ten minutes, I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths. I felt him agitated and anxious. I understood why he did it, I was upset and didn't like it, but I understood the simple reason why he didn't let me know about the mutual mark, about the new deeper level of bonding. Perhaps it was for the better, as everything else proved to be with each careful slow step we made into our relationship. Or maybe he was treating me like a delicate flower who could lose all her petals under any small wind, and I was not that weak. I felt my conflicts rise again and shook my head pushing them away. I opened my eyes and I stared at him. "What are your animals... I've met your wolf, what else are you?" I asked, needing to hear him talk to focus on the calm that his voice brought to me.

He took a deep breath and nodded. "My father had three, I have two. My wolf is the protective, fierce warrior, the partner and companion... my other animal is a fantastic one... one that lives mostly in legends and tales... a dragon..."

Everything felt right, the knowledge of this simply made sense. The wild outbursts of anger, the feeling of intense heat from his mate mark, the uncontrollable power, it was all him. Now, under his pleading eyes, this magnificent creature I came to know and love, probably the most dangerous and deadly creature now walking on this earth, surrendered to me and wanted nothing more than my forgiveness. How was I going to deny that all that he have told me did nothing to change the immense love I had for him? "One promise... the last one I will ever ask of you..." I said.

He nodded, both of his hands now taking mine into his. "Anything..."

"This is the last secret you ever hold on me, the last one, of no matter what nature... if I ever find out you held something else from me, I mean it Caleb... any secret at all... I will..." I didn't had time to finish, he smiled and crushed his lips on mine and we kissed deeply and passionately, our love stronger and deeper than ever.

--***--

I hope you enjoyed these last 4 chapters, right now I am writing chapter 39 so please be patient with me, I work 10 hours a day so the little bit of energy I have left daily I try to write here.

C.