All Comments on 'Sittin' Pretty'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 383 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This is good stuff

Its very good. I'd have given it a straight 100 if it didn't feel like an almost total copy of DG Hear's story that you mentioned at the start. The resolution was different, there was more flesh on the bones here but it was still the same plot underneath.

This was very well written, with good character development and a strong story. The only problem is that it was too similar to DG Hear's story. At least it was for me.

Looking forward to your future work!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Great story! No wimps aroud here...

Lit readers should be glad that DG inspires you, Jack. This story is a great read - fast paced, erotic, and credible. Well done!

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 18 years ago
Terrific!

Loved it. Thanks.

Phil

Orion623Orion623almost 18 years ago
An Easy 5

Very well written. Strong characters. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A great family story

I thought your story was a great story to read but you made a error in the story you wrote the father was paralyzed from the chest down and he would sometimes spend time at the bar near by well if he was paralyzed he couldnt do that you need to look at what you write you confuse people when you do that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
another trust issue

nothing wrong w/ the writting. now my comment on the story, especially about the wife's action. i dont get the silence. she knows she's being harrassed, yet she kept it all to herself. her other co-workers know what's going on, but she let her husband stew and stress over what she is up to. if she really does came from money, then she's adopted when she was already an adult and was never told what her previledges( or money powers) are.

she could have told her husband what wass happening and what she is intending to do. WHY LIE? she put sooo much stress on her relationship w/ her husband. alot could have gone wrong on those months. her husband could have found a nice young woman's shoulder to cry on. and then what?

anyway, i know it was told that way to add drama. but if the situation happens to me, i will be pissed at my wife. it shows a lack of trust on her part. and would probably do something that would make her suffer the same way (or maybe not). if its the other way, how would she fell?

LazylonerLazyloneralmost 18 years ago
solid

You put together a realistic situation and come up with a good solid solution. I can see a lady like DeeDee trying to solve the problem without involving her husband, and having friends help protect her until she's got the harasser by the balls. Although my experience with the harassment laws the way they are written now, her accusation would be taken as gospel by any company, with or without proof. The liability issues a company faces if they don't immediately act on a report of harassment are unbelivable, and I really doubt DeeDee wouldn't have known that.

Keep writing stories like this Jack. Good stories are hard to find.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Very well done story

The story is so very familiar, but that doesn’t take away the fact it is very well done in the Authors own way. Some scenarios have to be forgiven or there is no real way to evolve some plots.

Well-written and very good entertainment

Thank you

PT

leapyearguyleapyearguyalmost 18 years ago
Good story Jack

I certainly can't fault you for your writing style. It flows seamlessly. The only gripe I have is your timing on the release. DG's story was still pretty fresh in my mind. It gets kind of confusing at times on which story i'm following. It was a good effort but IMHO you should have let it rest a little respectfully LYG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Anal?

WTF? Why did you insert the anal moment? I knocked of 25 points because of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
consequences

it was a pretty good story, DG Hear inspired or not.

but there should have been conesquences for her lying for such an extend period. it was stupid and unneeded, and she should be faced with a lack of trust from him from then on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Loved It

Thanks Jack for a great read. A nice twist near the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

Certainly as good as the story by DG Hear. I think the wife should have confided in her husband earlier since you didn't portray him as a hothead.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Impressive Author

First off - there are no new stories here - just small variances plus tone and each authors take or viewpoint on their personalization of a story. Each authors style assures a difference of some sort as occured here. I think too much is being made of it - both DG and you are generally respected and credible authors with strong followings and this is a big pond. Nuff said - I hope.

Jack - wonderful work which proudly resides in your portfolio of accomplishements.

I / we applaud this strong effort and look for more in this vein. It entertained, aroused both + & - emotions - then you brought it home in style with consequence.

Thanks Author - With Very High Regard

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
Your from England aren't you Jack?

That or from a country in Europe. I say that because a turn of phrase caught me by surprise. You said: "I love you too," I said as she rang off" instead of "I love you too," I said as she hung up." Most american's don't use that phrase, but I work with a few folks from England and they do say that when they talk about someone hanging up the phone.

If that's not the case, intresting way to confuse me >=)

I mention the above because I would like to ask this question as a follow up, if you in fact from England (or european country) do most of the Black folks from there really talk like second class citizens in this day and age?

Normally it doesn't register it if it's not too overtly "blatant", but for some reason I guess when you talked about all the kids from rough neighborhoods (like the main character) I took it at face value all the way up till when you had Yancey speak:

Tha's fine, bossman, but you keep yo' head on straight," he said, finally. (amoung other lines)

I have to wonder, what are you referencing here for your characters personality? Old Gone with the wind movies? What's next his wife calling him at work to comment about her lack of knowledge with "birthing babies"?

You have it set in a more "Modern" day-to-day setting with tiny tape recorders and corporations, but yet you have this guy going on and on like he's from 1896? Wow.

Normally I don't read much into characters unless an author pretty obviously worked hard at made look like "less than literate". This guy's character you worked hard at making him look this way.

_________________________________

Sorry, but I guess that's one, amoung a few, pet peeves of mine and you mananged to work it pretty well. And I have to say that while being from the South, bad grammar is an equal opportunity problem for all races and classes in most southern states. Not just one race of people. It's strange you have someone from the same class perfectly capable of refraining from using the same lines you put up here for Yancey's character to use.

Don't get me wrong. The story wasn't bad. I thought it was actually pretty good. You had a pissed off husband without all the facts talked out of going off half cocked without all the information. And a wife who used pretty good common sense to keep his trust (even though she lied to him pretty heavy to keep him from killing her boss), but even I thought it made sense why she did it. She didn't want her husband to do anything, because she wanted to utterly crush her boss on her own. And if my wife told me that's why she didn't want me to get in the middle I would understand that too.

But the Gone with the Wind characterization of Yancey's character killed it for me.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
"Lifetime" Channel on Literotica

It was a fun read, by an excellent writer.

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 18 years agoAuthor
Author's response

There have been several comments here that deserve a response, and I'll get to those in a minute.

But first, I have adopted a zero tolerance policy where Harry is concerned, and I wish other writers would do the same. This guy wouldn't know good fiction writing if it slapped him across the face, and heaven forbid if he should ever try to write it, what with the 8th-grade level command of English grammar and the 4th-grade level spelling skills he exhibits in his "comments." Whenever I see his comments appear on one of my stories, he's going straight back to Trollville where he belongs.

Now, I feel better already.

First, to Risq, I am not from England. If you've been paying attention, you'll know I'm from the Deep South. You forget, I went through Katrina. I don't know how the old black men talk in your neck of the woods, but where I live they talk just like Yancey did in this story. That doesn't mean he has any less intelligence or has any less dignity than Doug, that's just the way he was raised to talk in an earlier generation. In fact, I used his vernacular speech to make the point that while his English might sound a little rough and uneducated, his words had plenty of wisdom, and that Doug genuinely valued his opinion.

There were a few comments about the trust issue, where Dee Dee wasn't entirely honest about what she was doing. I thought I made it clear in the story that she regretted that aspect, confessing that it was a mistake, that she should have trusted her husband more. I wrestled with that as a plot development, and decided that it made for an added dramatic effect. Basically, I felt that if Doug knew what was going on ahead of time, the story would lose a lot of its emotional impact.

There was also the comment made that surely Dee Dee would have known that her accusations of sexual harassment would have been taken at face value in today's corporate world, and that's probably true. In this case, however, I drew the CEO as a man from the old school, and she may have felt she needed hard proof. Plus she knew that Henry and Lane were supposedly buddies - golf buddies, as Henry put it - and she may have felt, rightly or wrongly, that she needed overwhelming evidence, both to convince Lane of what was going on and to bury Henry when the time came.

Finally, someone pointed out what he thought was an unbelievable plot twist, where Doug's father wheels himself to the bar for his drinking, arguing that such a thing is not possible. In fact, it is possible. If a person is paralyzed from the chest down, he/she still has use of their arms and can certainly roll a wheelchair or operate a motorized chair three blocks, especially if that person is grimly determined to get somewhere. Now, perhaps one might argue that the unrealistic part of that would be Doug's mom letting her husband drink away his disability checks, but then again, it was pointed out that he was so morose that it was "almost a blessing when he wheeled his way out the door."

I do appreciate all comments, good or bad, as long as they are delivered in a civil manner, and I thank you for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fine writing

I thought you did an excellent job building up the suspense in your story and enjoyed the way you described Henry's complete demolishment in your conclusion. I also thought it was kind of interesting to note your use of the reverse bigotry in husband's assumption that his inlaws didn't respect him because he was a mechanic after it turned out that his father-in-law was a big fan of his. the Ct. Yankee

K.K.K.K.almost 18 years ago
Nice Job Jack

Enjoyed the story but you did leave one hole that I think you should have filled. The first trip to NY. Dee Dee explains that on the last trip that "the hotel" screwed up the reservations and put them both in the same room but she never tells us what happend on the first trip. She had lied when she told Doug that she was going to share a room with another female employee on the first trip. Did she spend the night in the same room with Henry on that trip also?

It just felt that something was held back. Dee Dee tried to expalin everything else so why weren't we told about the events of that first trip to NY?

KK

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
God story

First 100 I have been able to give in a long time.

Thankfully I read KK's post before I did mine - I too am at a loss as to why the information about the first trip to NY was left out.

The trust issue between DD and Doug was a sort of downer, but as a few others said, without it we had no story...

Unfortunately, there was nothing the story told us of Doug's history that would have us think he'd have done physical harm to Henry. We were shown no previous history of violence on his part to allow for DD's paranoia about telling him. Something about that in the story and it may well have been perfect.

Thanks for a great yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
since the author didn't tell us,

we have to deduce --- after the story has taken its course and we found out what a personality DD turned out to be, despite her lack of confidence in Dough initially (well, until the end, really!) --- that she likely did not sleep with others.

her father's overwhelming trust and love in her seemed to have instilled in DD a deep sense of loyalty, work ethic, and responsibility to her families (her Dough and her parents),,,, Indeed, she said she did not want to use connection (dropping her father's name to intimidate and to impress others, that she came from an important family) to get her job; nor did she want to advance up the ladders of corporate business because of her father's reputation and connection ----- which turned out to be quite true: Lane did/does know her father (but because DD's personality is such that she never let it be known), and he would have treated her as she would NOT have wanted to be treated, fairly or unfairly (but mostly more fairly than not),,,

this, then, is a character of great intelligence, of studious work ethic, and of a sense of propriety and trust, even if she had wanted to "shield" her husband --- whom she never put down in any way (despite her upbringing), so, again, we, even without the AUTHOR having to spelled for us, must assume she deserves our benefit of the doubt,,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
There is very little new under the sun

jack_straw:

Especially in story writing. what is new is essentially so minor as to go unobserved. What is noticed is that you and a few others (very few) take time to properly develop their characters, establish a plot line, and construct a real story with eroticism put in only when it's called for. There are few authors able to do that and you are one of them. as to the racist remarks, forget them. I went to a high school in Detroit of 5,000 students, 40% were black. In my Naval career a large percentage of my shipmates and not a few of my friends were black. Even today I number blacks among my friends. The average black (male or female) is not as politically correct as your detractors seem to think. Words and phrases used among themselves would make the average PC idiot cringe. If you ain't been there don't bother commenting 'cause your BS won't cut it. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wagon tongue

No criticism----just thanks. It would be presumptuous for me to make any suggestions,so I will just offer my appreciation of this excellent story.

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Good work

I enjoyed this and I'm happy it turned out as it did. I agree that the plot required DD to keep this hidden from Doug. All in all, good work - thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Outstanding

This is the first story I have read on this web site that qualifies as literary art.

You, sir (or ma'am) have talent!

HsedoHsedoalmost 18 years ago
Oh..

That was so good.

I see you've gotten a lot of comments on this story and I don't know what else there is to say. It impressed me. It inspired me.

I'm usually bored with stories that have this little actual sex in them but this one didn't bore me for a second. For the first time on Literotica, I found a story where I actually cared for the characters. They felt real, I could see them and I could feel what they felt. Do you realize how rare that is? I hope you're making your living as a "real" writer, you've got what it takes.

/Hsedo

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

As a few others have pointed out, Dee Dee made a huge mistake in not telling her husband what was going on. Months of suspicious activity? Come on, she is lucky she still has a marriage and he didn't just up and leave her.

Then later on she says he knows her better than to think she would put her job above her family, but that is exactly what she had done for all those months. To the detriment of their family life, their sex life and almost their total marriage. What she put her husband through was forgivable, but damn close to not forgivable.

Well done though Jack, I did like the overall outcome of the story and though he was hurting he was certainly not a wimp.

Too bad though that Henry didn't get a bit more of a physical reminder that Doug was a real man. He deserved it.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I am impressed

Truly loved your effort, very exciting. You had me on the edge of my seat. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Superb!

Thank you for writing about characters with honor and true grit. Sometimes I think it is easy to write about a fallen character filled with flaws who spirals downward and downward. Then it only a matter of when and how they hit bottom.

This story had real romance and realistic action. In today's world no woman has to take being used unless she secretly wants to be used by another. No successful man has to accept a lying, cheating wife for the rest of his life.

Thanks for writing an excellent story! Bravo!!

SleeplessinMD

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
Somewhat surreal…

The main problem for me is that the story’s key premise of necessary actions to deal with sexual harassment is badly dated. We are not in the 70’s or the 80’s, and the picture of the old school boss and buddies culture as a threat for virtual rapes or crude sexual harassment became in the 90’s and in this decade more rare and definitely more subtle. Any guy in corp world will be aware of the potential of sexual harassment. Suing him and the work place is NOT simply a case of his word vs. hers any more. And the risk of terrible publicity and terrible appearance of impropriety plus internal mandatory procedures alone are deterrents to most blatant threats of the type we have read here. To be sure, there are plenty more forms of gender based discrimination and subtler forms of sexual hostile environment etc, all awaiting to be eliminated but this story seems to be stuck in a different time zone.

I want to premise the second problem with an observation. I may be part of a parallel universe, but in the US where I live, still most harassment cases are not settled by husbands coming out and murdering the accused. To hear the comments of some readers you would think that we are in the 1870’s, and the wife should really fear that her jealous husband would get into the saloon (or the office) and shoot the boss any minute. Get real! Add to this the emphasis on the trusting and strong relations that the author took so much space to build. You would think that the purpose would be to show how a strong couple’s reacts, i.e.- the wife tells her husband about this problem and the husband supports the wife (even if this whole extra documentation was really necessary) in her noble cause of nailing down a thug. So for the author to explain it with the argument of a mistake – it does not add up. It’s not a matter of an intellectual misperception; emotionally she KNEW that they loved and trusted each other, so what’s a mistake has to do with her decision to be secretive?

The third downer is that without pointing to any particular story I have read in this section of LIT. very similar stories. I am not suggesting any inappropriate authorship, just that there is a feeling of I have read this before more than once.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Very good story

The one detail that bothered me [her not telling Doug what she was doing and going through] you addressed in a post and I do think maybe it would be considered wise on her part as Doug might have taken to pounding on Henry's torso! And that could only have been more trouble for them.

Ah, an honest mechanic--certainly sounds good, does it not?

The main characters in the story are all honest people. That's good to start with. The sex was pretty good, too. This is a story of loyalty, love and hard work.

A very good read!!

I missed this when it first posted and I'm glad I looked and found it!!

LazylonerLazylonerover 17 years ago
a comment on the sexual harassment

First, great story Jack. You build the emotions perfectly and do a wonderful job making us care for the characters, and believing in the relationships.

Now, I'm beginning to hate how some writers still use the plot twist of a boss threatening a woman with her job if she doesn't sleep wtih him. I am a standard office worker in this modern business world, and I've ended up in an HR office once for merely failing to look a woman in the eyes. (her accusation was that I was looking at her tits) It doesn't matter how "old school" the CEO is, HR and the lawyers control the situation, and the federal laws are draconian. All Dee Dee had to do to shut Harry down was let HR know that he'd said one single inappropriate statement. He'd have been hauled into the HR office and told in no uncertain terms that if he so much as looked at her cross-eyed, he'd be fired and he permanently would have been taken off writing her performance reviews. Even the slightest appearance of retaliation is an instant termination. (they never let you resign in a sexual harassment termination unless you leave before they decide to terminate you. The risks of losing a civil suit are way to high.)

Also in a case this bad its doubtful that Dee Dee would be staying. The company would probably end up offering a rather sizable compensation package and inviting her to leave simply to avoid later talk about what happened. Office gossip is a powerful fear and companies absolutely will not take chances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
outstanding story!!

Exceptional story and character development--nice job!

Well Done,

Thanks,

Sam

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Outstanding story

Superbly told, Jack, thank you. The style is comfortable and this ol' Texan appreciates the grace with which you handled Yancey's vernacular. It's respectful as it should be. The writing here is above average and, if there were any grammatical oopsies, I don't recall them. That in and of itself is almost worth a 100. :)

The characterizations are well-done and the characters richly drawn. I do have to agree with a previous poster's comments re: sexual harrassment in the workplace. The barest whiff of impropriety in the corporate workplace will get you canned lickety split and I had to suspend disbelief to accept that part of the story. It's okay because that's what creative license is all about.

I suppose I would've liked it better if Dee Dee had been up front with Doug about Henry's doings but that would've required a much different approach to the story. It would've been interesting to see him struggle against his obvious need to smash Henry's face into the pavement against her desire to take this cretin down the right way. Who knows? Maybe there's a story there.

You did fine, my man, and excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, jack_straw, for a story well-told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sorry folks this story Flat out sucks

what stoy are you folks reading? This is one of the worst stories Straq has ever written

the story is great well written but with huge holes... and the gaps in it are so fucking huge one can drive a truck thruugh it

we never found out WHY she had to lied to her husband. That he might might kill henry is juts stero type male bullshit

anyone know? I dont think so. For the author to put the husband through that sort of distress with NO explaination by the wife KILLS this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Betrayal is Betrayal

This story reminds of me of the shit KK puts out. In KK thw wife does EVERYTHING except have her pussy tkae the other guys's cock. In THIS story the wife like many KK stories does NOT fuck the other guy. Instead her Bos is aggressivelty engaged in over the top and laughable sexual harassment actions on the wife. Face with this she decides NOT to tell her husband for months on end .... and CHOOSES to place the job and the the company as far MORE important than her marriage. Can someone please tell me why the super wimp husbands lover like Alvaron Tohgger too and blue88 Love this story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Does not work.

The problem is that whatever the reasons she lied to him and let him believe the worst. However noble she might have been, in the end she did not trust him enough. That fact that he now knows she will lie to him and that she does not trust him would, in real life, change the relationship and not for the better. I do not believe a couple could not survive it, or that they might even conciously understand that damage, but it would eat at him and in many ways at her. Just my opinion, but one from a man with a wonderful marriage that will hit 20 years this spring.

techsantechsanabout 17 years ago
It is interesting ...

...how every reader has a single formula for every situation and ONLY THEIRS is the right one! I was bothered by her not telling her husband, until I thought about how much like sour grapes it would have sounded if she had at first told him about the off-color jokes and innuendoes. The lack of sex bothered me, until I thought about the stress she must have been under with the increased workload from a shithead boss; although I'm not a female, I've had bosses who've applied enough pressure that you can't think about anything else. Give me a break, folks! This is a well-written story, with excellent descriptions that are varied enough to keep one interested, and the story is plausible. Some of you don't want to believe that there are any more honest, upright women left in this world; too bad you haven't met any because there are still many of them out there. Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places! Great story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
come on

If my wife neglected me for her job for months on end she would find herself without a husband.There is no excuse for her behavior and with the current legal climate it was unnecessary.If you don't have honesty,you don't have a marraige!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Entertaining ...

... but not realistic. Unless she's an only child, a down-to-earth girl from a wealthy family is at the bottom of the family's social hierarchy. Exceptions, if they exist, merely test the rule.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Scorecard

Author - 100. Snarky commenters - 0.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
She did cheat in NY

A little more reflection by Doug and he will divorce Dee Dee. In the opening, he states that loyalty and trust are his absolute requirements in a marriage.

Even if it can be argued that Dee Dee was loyal to her husband rather than her career, there is the matter of trust. Dee Dee neither trusts Doug enough (as she explicitly stated) nor can she be trusted.

She deliberately lied about Norma and Don accompanying her and Snodgrass on the April trip to New York. Her embellishment that she was staying in the same room as Norma indicates is an attempt to avoid suspicion of her actual untrustworthiness.

Accurately telling Doug that the July trip to New York would be just like the last time, while falsely implying that Norma and Don would accompany Snodgrass and her, was a masterstroke of duplicity. In this, Dee Dee demonstrated that nothing whatever she said could be trusted.

As far as cheating, staying in the same hotel room with her boss, nonwithstanding her claim of "heavy pajamas and bra" and lying to her husband about it, constitutes cheating.

The overnight hotel stay, absent anything else, is sufficient (even if incorrect) evidence of adultery for a fault-based divorce.

Doug will realize that there is certainly not enough trust and probably not enough loyalty for a marriage.

I also think that Dee Dee cheated with Snodgrass on both trips to New York at the very least. The lies about the April trip and the out of character interest in anal sex when she returns makes anal sex with Snodgrass a likely scenario.

Sharing a room with him for two nights in July; her knowledge of his sub-par equipment (she may not have seen what was getting into her in April); her over-explanation of the bra and heavy pajamas (who wears heavy pajamas in July?); and Snodgrass demanding she be "nicer" makes vaginal sex a plausible scenario. The tape could have been for blackmail and the sub-par equipment cause for buyer's remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I agree with she did cheat

Even if she had no actual sex with the man she allowed him freedoms she never should have. She deliberately lied to her husband repeatedly. It was only his message to her thru her staff that forced her hand and made her come home. Perhaps she was being harassed but obviously she was involved in some way. Spending the night in the hotel room with the man was enough to end the marriage in my opinion. It would have been easy enough to have had the hotel arrange her lodging elsewhere, I have had to do that before myself. Nope I am afraid divorce would have to be the outcome of this. Think about how he said she should stay athome with family and she left any way. Getting her evidence was more important to her than her marriage, her family, and finally her husbands trust in her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
what

what a piece of garbage this story is.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Good Take

I accept the story as written. Sure...in the real world she should have brought her husband in at the beginning and saved all the grief and stress that you mentioned she regretted. In the real world; she took a big chance that he could have gone out and done something; thinking that she was cheating on him. He was strong enough to hold off reacting too early, and it all worked out. These commenters just need to accept the story as written and quit trying to change the plot. It was a good story because what they both did worked out well.. Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OH MIGAWD!

THIS puta is like all the rest of the fem writers, cain't tell 1 from the udder.

To write that who a person is means her personality and what she is means her character U damned stupid puta. Get it correct the next time U use descriptions lak dat dummy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fun story, even if a little far fetched ...

Since I have some experience with the legal system, she did not need very much evidence as this story implied. In most companies, if a hotel made an error in booking, the guy would be sleeping in the lobby or another hotel. Gee, I think that NY City has more than 1 hotel. In fact, should such an event happen, the guy would be an idiot so share the room. Moreover, the hotel's computer system could show that the room was what the man ordered. What was also far-fetched is the months of unnecessary late evenings. Putting thse aside, I really liked the story. I think that it would have taken a while for their relationship to heal, I'd be angry that she didn't share her problems and what she was trying to achomplish. In order to protect her job she put her family on hold, which is a bad move in my opinion. I still give this a 100% for the fine character development and fun story line. Thanks! - Ttom

xtremeddxtremeddover 14 years ago
Darn good story Jack.

Look forward to all your works. Certainly enjoyed this one.

Thanks for sharing it.

XDD

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Ending

Anyone who complains about this story is a miserable prick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
one

one of the best i've read in three plus yrs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
the writing was a 4 star the the wife was a slut

been married 35 years and I wound devorce her tormorrw if this was my life. lying sneaking around sleeping in same motel room .If it smells like a duck and it looks like a duck its a duck!!!!the one thing noone seems to see here is when you lie and sneak around on your spouse you show them what worthless pieces of shit you think they are .AND YOU CANNOT LIE TO SOMEONE UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT COMTEMT FOR THEM.WHAT IF ON THAT DECK HE KILLED HIMSELF FROM THE PAIN AND SORROW DOES SHE TELL THIER KIDS SORRY BUT I LIE AND DESTORIED THIS FAIMLY BECAUSE ?????????????

dagoatmandaviddagoatmandavidover 14 years ago
the writing was a 4 star the the wife was a slut

been married 35 years and I wound devorce her tormorrw if this was my life. lying sneaking around sleeping in same motel room .If it smells like a duck and it looks like a duck its a duck!!!!the one thing noone seems to see here is when you lie and sneak around on your spouse you show them what worthless pieces of shit you think they are .AND YOU CANNOT LIE TO SOMEONE UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT COMTEMT FOR THEM.WHAT IF ON THAT DECK HE KILLED HIMSELF FROM THE PAIN AND SORROW DOES SHE TELL THIER KIDS SORRY BUT I LIE AND DESTORIED THIS FAIMLY BECAUSE ?????????????

norcal62norcal62about 14 years ago
Good God. How many woman haters lurk around LWs?

The previous comment shows how poorly some guys understand human nature, and especially how a story can be written.

As with many who read LW stories I'm interested in the emotional tension and sexual tension produced by the events created by the authors.

I guess that others haven't been able to tell the difference between a made up life situation and their own lives. I wonder how their sense of self righteousness plays out in real life. Maybe they are only put down, criticized, and unloved. Maybe they don't understand forgiveness and real love at all.

This story had some extremes of behaviour that seemed inconsistent with the kind of "loving" relationship described for hubby and wife. Lack of trust was the most evident, especially on wife's part. Again in this tale author used lack of communication to create tension. I'd like to see tension come out of dealing with life problems rather than come from cowardice or lack of talking to each other. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
To Dagoatmandavid

Stick to your goats, you have no idea. If there had been anything in it at all, then there would be no recordings requiring that she put out or else. It's all there in this well-crafted, enjoyable read.

But then again, I expect little more from someone who spells 'family', as "faimly"; 'contempt', as "contemt", and 'destroyed' as "destoried". You should be de-storied, buddy.

And to the author, thanks again for another well written and well crafted read.

teh568teh568almost 14 years ago
I Agree

I agree with everything 'norcal62' said about this story. Also, on the other hand, I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH 'dagoatmandavid', in that there is often somethingcalled extenuating cicumstances...please keep the finger off the caps lock key.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Read

BTW are their any similar stories floating around here. I've read DG Hear story and like it as well, just curious if anybody knows similar stories?

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Well done

I liked the overall story, especially because it had a well written, strong woman as a lead character. With so many wives in LW I think "Can they really be that stupid?". Dee Dee was a great character. <br><br>

However, if my wife pulled off something like this and kept me out of the loop FOR MONTHS I would be furious. There is NO acceptable reason to do this. Her excuse is that his temper would have caused him to rip into the guy but this leads me to my next issue. Doug grew up poor and he didn't get a college education. He works as an auto mechanic. Some people around him classify him as a redneck hick. But his behavior isn't overly agressive. He is wise in furthering his career and managing his money. He is friends with people of all social classes. He couldn't be all that with an out of control temper. That means his wife, who knows him best and should be his strongest supporter, is treating him like a short tempered redneck hick by not telling him what's going on. This issue is to the point of destroying their lives. It's far more than just a work issue for her and she freezes her husband out. This is extremely disrespectful. It's also at complete odds in the way she obviously respects him at the end of the story. Of course if she didn't shut him out there wouldn't BE a story. My criticism is that Doug is developed as an admirable and reasonable man and the wife's reasoning to exclude him, a decision critical to the story, makes no sense. Doug should have been developed with more of an obvious temper, something that had caused him some problems through his life. Then Dee Dee's actions would have had some validity.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Thanks

It was an excellent read and a great story line.

I have similar feelings abo9ut trust and its absolute nature in a relationship - Dee Dee did make a single mistake by not giving her husband enough info to avoid his pain - but the circumstance ere extraordinary and she did need to "do it right" or she would lose the war. Every general blows an occasional battle or misses a tactical option.

But Dee Dee did pass the ultimate test and did maintain her personal integrity which is the most important point and Doug seemed to get it.

The story was good enough I actually skipped some of the sex to get the important info from it lol.

Thank very much,

Steve

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
I will say that you have inspired me.

I need to write a story about a strong wife, who does not cheat. There can be many twists in these stories, too.

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
I have to agree that hiding the harassment from her husband was a necessary plot device.

But, it's still a shame that the fictional husband had to suffer, but then again.....

Well done.

One question, why did it take her a year to get the asshole on tape? Inquiring minds want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well done

Excellent piece of writing...truly high quality and the best craftmanship I've seen on this site.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
this was one hell of a story

now this should be was loving wives is about. she stayed true and didn't give up and cheat on her husband. It was a close call but she turned out to be stronger than she thought. BRAVO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Excellent Story

Very nicely written and good to the last drop..:)

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Blown away!

Not bad if you like perfect stories perfectly written!

rvwsrvwsover 12 years ago
Perfect!

Great story, great writing. Finally a true to life "Loving Wife" story. Great work!

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
YES!

A true loving, not "loving" wife. Breath of fresh air. Thank you so much. More like this please!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
I Like

Just a plain good old piece of writing very enjoyable and entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Loved this upbeat story!

Good characterization, a great love story, with suspense, and great lessons for a good life. SFEconomist. Write more fine stories.

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Amazing!

A truly admirable effort and well worth the time it took to read it. The characters, one and all, were superbly drawn. The plot kept drawing the reader along, and the ending was satisfying and heartwarming.

The one weakness to the story has been commented on many times here, and I'm forced to agree. It was cruel for the husband to be tormented the way he was. To my estimation this was needful for the plot, as the story would have lost most of its impact if the husband had been up to speed with his wife's harassment. To further smooth over this problem, we see the wife acknowledge the unfairness of her actions and her regret for putting her husband through the pain he endured.

Again, this was a marvelous effort and I wish to read more of the author's work as soon as possible.

bobthebilderbobthebilderabout 12 years ago
Sorry, a little unrealistic

One of the husband's main issues was that trust was essential for a marriage. The wife failed to trust in the husband and emotionally tormented him for over a year with lies and deceit, no matter what her intentions were. She sacrificed her husband's happiness for her own ambition, to take Henry down. It would have been perfectly acceptable to talk to the husband early on, or to file in the beginning like she should have done. I thought it was unfair for her to put her job at that company ahead of her marriage because she "liked the benefits" there instead of trying to look for alternatives. I really didn't like that all of the "little" things(lying, deception, etc) were instantly forgiven by the husband since she didn't commit the big one(cheating).

This one fell a little short compared to some of your other stories. Keep writing though!

Michaelx1Michaelx1almost 12 years ago
An excellent story, but....

it would have been more believable if they had been married less time. For her not to trust him with something so important after so many years, really dampens my enthusiams for the story line and characters.

Michael

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
A good example of what

failure to trust your spouse can bring about.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 11 years ago
Exellent!

Please write more stories of that kind. I enjoyed every minute reading it!

5 Stars!!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Trust

The wife doesn't trust her husband. Not to believe her story and not to go and punch the guy. Glad I'm not married to her.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
I loved it!

I can understand some of the criticism regarding the fact that she didn't trust her husband enough to confide in him and consequently put him through hell for a year - all for the sake of not having to give up her job. However, if Doug would have made that an issue it would have undermined the depth of love he had for his wife, and the relief he experienced in finding out she didn't cheat. That was the point of the story and it was good that you didn't allow other things to distract from it. Good job.

auhunter04auhunter04over 11 years ago
Just an obseveration

I have been in on the investigative end of sexual harassment issues

I do not find DDs actions that far out of the norm except that it was carried on way too long. Just from what I can glean from this story, she had more than enough ammunition to blow this self serving prick out of the water long before she chose to take action.

Scumbuckets generally do not pick on someone as close to them in the business structure as he did. Their normal target is someone much further down the feeding chain and who do not have the position or strength to readily defend themselves.

I have also seen the exact reverse of this where the man is the victum and in one case i can think of, the man standing up for himself and prevailing cost him his family and his life and he got a pittance of a settlement 3 weeks after he died.

If you want some enertaining (sic) reading go look at the local police blotters and see how many women are arrested for long term spouse abuse

all in all good story

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Now that's what I call a Loving Wives story

Good writing, tension, excellent plot and pacing - first rate entertainment.

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
Great story

I would have to say that I loved this story for the great outcome and plausibility in its storyline and logic. I can understand the wife's interest in keeping her husband out of the loop on her ex-lover/boss making sexual advances on her. Most real men couldn't fathom not having at least a verbal confrontation to the aggressor of his wife's attention. When you add in the corporate authority issue it further complicates matters I personally know of one case where a husband came to the office and stood with a revolver and emptied on the person and sat down after like he was awaiting a plane at the very spot he shot the weapon with no emotion whatsoever. This emotion can be assumed possible for some men under constraints of protecting the honor of their wife families and themselves under the strains of the insanity of passion that some men may endure. So the wife may have known the husband better to give him some pain than to see him behind bars for a crime of passion. Her knowledge of his resolve and rock solid love was her apparent reasoning. The demise of her boss was sweet and described with almost good clarity. The fact that the author omitted the payout amount was a clear fact that could've been of significant interest especially if it were a rollback of bonus and subtracting frivolous travel expenses. The reconciliation with the husband's father in-law was a great add on in the story. I enjoyed the story and it was fun to read.

ts0l1983ts0l1983over 11 years ago
Come on.

Their sex life disappears, she turns sour and nasty and fights with him constantly, and all is forgiven at the end without even mentioning her shit behavior? Pussywhipped husband.

pumpop201pumpop201about 11 years ago
Thanks.

Thanks, I love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very Well Done.....

And a Great Read! Sadly my comment is but an echo of someone elses here, but I really thought that this story typifies what a good loving wives story should be. Enjoyed it quite well. I would say to any naysayers, that the decline of sex was a response to the stress she was under. A woman standing up for herself in a sexual harrasment situation, doesn't want or need to be objectified in a sexual way, even by her husband. I feel that she was quick to admit, that she could have handled the situation differently, in reguards to her husband and should've/could've trusted him more. But this was the touch of realism giving her character a vulnerability and a weakness. That device helps us empathize with her, and cheer her on as she emerges triumphant, but wiser. And I'm sure, even more deeply and totally in love with her husband. 5 stars without reservation!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wish I could

Give this a 10. It's just that good.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

My second time reading it. Thanks for the amazing storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Pretty Good!

The only thing that would have made it better is if the husband had hunted down the asshole and put him in a wheelchair. Good read!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Very good story!

doodlesdaddoodlesdadover 10 years ago
Not his style

Great story! But putting a guy in a wheelchair simply isn't Jack_Straw's style.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great story

Its funny reading through the comments, there are some of them that surprised me. In particular, two of them. One said he has been married for 20 years, and the other said he has been married for 35 years. You would think that with this kind of experience they would be able to look past the surface and see deeper into the story. They both said that they would leave their wife in this situation. I have been married for 13 years, and I have to say that is bullshit. They completely missed the point of the story. She did lie, yes she did. I will be honest and say that after all of the smoke cleared away, my wife and I would have had a serious talk about that. But in no way would I leave her over that. This woman remained faithful. Their marriage went through the fire and became stronger. The relationship with her father improved. Everything about their situation became better. THEY WON. If you would be stupid enough to pack up and leave over a technicality, then what is your marriage worth? If your ego is more important to you than the happiness that this guy obviously had, then you and your ego will have a life together. Alone.

As for the story, it was great. It will be in my top ten favorite stories. Please keep writing.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Great read...

The only issues I had were the 6 months she took to "get the evidence" and the lying and sneaking around on hubby to do it. A faithful wife is a great thing! Don't get me wrong. But SIX MONTHS to get Asshole to confess?! Also, if she'd given Hubby details on what she was going to do, I believe he would have supported her instead of going off half-cocked like she feared he would. She should have trusted him and not given him reason to distrust her. But with that said, I can see why it turned out that way. It was a much more suspenseful read.

But hey, the way it worked out, it's still 5 Stars. The real icing on the cake would have been if Hubby had gotten a free shot at Asshole, but that's just me. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I enjoyed the story very much, but had the same problems with Deirdre's dishonesty as many other readers. An even bigger problem is that their sex life completely dropped off, other than a strange interlude with her desiring anal. All of that pointed to an affair, and wasn't really explained by what turned out to be "actually" going on in the story. Her desire for sex might decrease due to stress at work, but to that point, and taking little twists where she gets experimental?

Also, sharing a room with the sleazy boss was a major stretch, and taking liberties with her husband's trust. As jasonn pointed out, there are other hotel rooms in New York City, especially for someone well off.

Intended by the author or not, her comment about the size of the guy's penis would have left me incredibly suspicious even after her explanation, when coupled with her other confusing behavior.

These issues didn't stop this from being an enjoyable and satisfying read. I just feel it would have been even better with those situations addressed or ommitted entirely.

Rogn123Rogn123over 10 years ago
anyone who thinks

She did not fuck the smirking asshole must drive a mustang

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago

I thought this was quite masterful. Some of the commentators need to try to write one of these stories. I am trying and I am overwhelmed and I think anyone who can pull together and sustain this kind of story should be proud and fulfilled. Great Job.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013over 10 years ago
Disappointing

She didn't trust her husband, her career was more important. She even slept in the same hotel room with Henry while he was sexually harassing her. She should have found a room some where else, she put her self and her marriage in jeopardy. A loving and loyal woman would not have done that but a selfish person with only the employment ladder in sight would do all this and more. The sex at the end did nothing for me, I skipped it and went to the end.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
ignorant trash talk

It is most unfortunate that the clueless teenagers who hang out on this site have no life experience to understand a fictional character such as DeeDee.

Working clandestine security or undercover detective work is always tough on relationships. It takes a empathetic spouse, willing to ride out the lows, to hold a marriage together under those stresses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
JACW

... nice wimp husband story! Oh.,. and you can go back to your closet and jack OFF while your wife takes it in the ass from one of the guys she picked up on the corner for your wimp stories.

(JACW .. just another cuck writer)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really liked the story and characters

In regards to DD not telling Doug; No One has thought of the following very simple reason; IF she had told Doug and he was in on it and then he'd crossed paths with the jack-ass Henry, then hubby's response would not have been the same as a clueless husband. When Harry would sneer and imply that he was "putting on over on Doug", Doug response would have been more cavalier; along the lines of "you idiot - you haven't gotta clue about the shit coming down". So Henry would've had a chance to change his activities; Or - moved them up, or even to a higher, more aggressive level.

Henry appears to be 2nd from the top at the company, and with 23 years under his belt. He is very powerful and loves to abuse the power, he's most likely done it before, maybe even gotten away with it. DD would have to consider that and be extremely careful of her activities. She couldn't afford to be noticed & arouse Henry's suspicion.

DD had to include the 2 co-workers because they were onsite, they may have actually witnessed situations. If Doug had started showing up for lunches, or visits "which would have been out of the norm", it also would have drawn Henry's attention.

The harassment was affecting her emotionally and psychologically, which would in turn have affected her sex drive and response to those around her, closing her off ... DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

Well written,good story line, and the only part of the ending I did not like was Doug not sending Snodgrass out the window.

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
Almost a great story

I have a personal dislike for the language used when the two of them got together after the meeting at her office.

How does it make either him or her feel better about their relationship and strengthen their love for each other in this manner:

" I felt it incumbent on myself to reassert myself just a little bit. This wasn't the boardroom; this was the bedroom, my domain. So when Dee Dee lay down on her back, I shook my head.

"I want you on your knees," I said as I positioned myself in front of her. "You may be the lady boss at work, but here in this house I'm still the boss, and I want you to be my slut. Aren't you my slut?"

"Yes sir!" she answered.

"Yes sir, what," I said, and I playfully slapped her across the face a couple of times with my cock.

"Yes sir, I'm your slut,"

Respect? Honor? Cherish? Trust? NO!

How does this show her his Confidence and trust in her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Proof

All those saying that she slept with the a-hole and should be dumped should remember, this was covered in the story. His whole conversation was proof that he was trying to get her in bed but never succeeded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Not a bad story at all. Thanks!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
One Thing Bothers Me

I understand keeping him in the dark, fearing his reaction, even though she herself says she probably should have kept him in the loop.

But why did their sex life have to suffer? Even with all the stress she was under, she should have been making the effort to keep their marriage strong.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous