Soul Mates

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~

Kate was excited. Her boss had given her two weeks to recruit another psychic. The thing is she could have called any number of psychics from where they were stationed, but something about Chase fascinated her. He was so powerful that she believed someone else in his tribe was just as powerful. She was right, Colin was a powerhouse. It was too bad, that he was the one guy she planned to avoid.

She had been here for weeks. She learned so much. The Whitefeather's were truly gifted and she even learned more about her own abilities. She had to go back and the Chief said he'd let her know the tribe's decision today.

She was at her hotel about to visit the reservation again. Kate was excited. Maybe Colin would be around today. She sighed, Who am I fooling? He doesn't really want me. I need to focus on my job.

Kate soon dressed and headed to her rental car. Meanwhile, at the reservation Colin was talking with his father. The agent had been here two weeks. She was close to convincing them to allow one of his brothers to travel to Seattle with her. He disagreed.

Mary watched her son. "Colin, why are you against us helping her?"

Colin sighed, "Mamma, this is dangerous. She cannot guarantee that Rand or Lakota will not be harmed. I know she says she can, but she is human."

Mary nodded. "You go with her then."

Colin stopped talking. "No, why would I?" he demanded.

Chief Joseph spoke, "You fight her because she scares you. You fight her because she sees the part of you that you hide from everyone else. You fight her, because you fear she may be hurt."

Colin was about to tell his father that he was way off the mark. Mary spoke, "If she goes back alone, he will kill her."

Colin's heart stopped, "Mamma, why would you say that?" He demanded. Not liking the way the words made him feel.

"He wants her. Last night as I slept, I dreamed of two lizards, one was red and green and the other was golden. The golden lizard searched for food as the larger one watched. As soon as she began to feed, the green and red lizard sprayed her with its venom. He did not kill her right away. He made her beg for death." Mary walked away. "Do you think he does not know Kate has gone. When she returns, he will go after her. Go back with her Colin. You have to help her find him."

"Mamma, I don't do that anymore. You know I stopped." Colin whispered.

The Chief spoke, "She met Chase, but you are more powerful than your brother. Meeting him led her here. I can't make you go, but if you don't then she will go back alone. Rand and Lakota will do more harm than good."

Colin stopped. He looked at his mother. She was never wrong, and for some reason, he could not let her go back and face this man by herself. But he no longer used his gifts. When Chase left with Lana , he stopped. He had no desire to pick it back up now.

Kate arrived at the reservation. The Chief asked her to give him time. She did. He would let her know if one or two of his sons could visit Seattle.

She drove up and she felt sad. She suspected his answer would be "No." She would go back home alone and find another way to stop this killer.

Climbing out of her car, Kate met with the chief and his advisers. She sat as they explained why their tribe would abstain.

She wanted to tell them they were wrong. She wanted to tell them that this was important, but she knew it would do no good. Thanking them for their time, Kate stood and shook each person's hand. She then accepted their best wishes and headed to her car. Colin sat in the back, watching. His mother's warning weighed heavily on his mind. Kate was in danger.

Kate headed to the airport. She was headed home. She'd end her leave and get back on her case.

The next morning, she reported to her supervisor and reported that the tribe declined her request. Her supervisor was disappointed, but told her she had more than enough capable agents at her disposal.

The next day, two more bodies were discovered. Kate went to the crime scene and felt a chill. For the weeks she was gone, no new murders occurred, and on her return two fresh bodies appeared. Thus guy was taunting her.

She studied the case and drew a mental picture of the guy.

Other agents welcomed her back. But she was now focused. As she worked she fought the memories of her visit to Oklahoma.

The day ended and everyone filed out. Kate kept working. Not another person would die on her watch. Her supervisor entered. "Kate, go home." He ordered..

"Sir, I wasted two weeks on a ridiculous hunch. We could have stopped him." She explained.

"No, you tried to find help. We have psychics here. We can always enlist a local." He explained.

Kate sighed. She wanted Colin. Colin was powerful, probably the most powerful psychic she had met on a long time. Too bad she was not who he wanted. Maybe he would have come, if only for a few days.

"Kate, go home." he ordered. Conceding to her boss' order, Kate went home, but she took the folders with her.

~~~~~

He watched. He sat outside of her office and watched. She went on a trip and was gone for two weeks. That's why he killed two women when she came back. The sick ones he killed were practice. One day soon, he would have Kate."

Leaning back in his van, he unfastened his pants. Stroking himself to completion, he imagined how Kate would scream when he raped her, and finally choked out her last breath.

He came hard. Plastering his steering and dashboard with his seed, he moaned, Soon Kate, soon.

~~~~~

Coin woke, drenched in sweat. All he dreamed of was the gorgeous redhead that visited a few days before. That was not strange. Since she had left, she was constantly on his mind. But last night, the dream was so real. She was in danger and he had to get to her.

The next morning Colin went to his parents. He was going to Seattle.

Kate got up the next morning. She refused to think about her visit to Oklahoma. She refused to think about that family. She refused to think of Colin.

Heading to the office, she walked past some of her friends. She worried about them because they were the type of people this killer targeted. Each morning, when she saw Jackie, Orton, and Peech, she was relieved. She made sure she got them a small breakfast as she went on to work.

She reported in. As usual, her day progressed. No more victims turned up, and she now had a list of potential suspects. She knew this killer. He was frustrated and would soon strike again. She also noticed that his attacks seemed to be more and more directed at her. She thought again of her friends. She was worried. If her feelings were right, he would strike someone that was closer to her next.

She had to stop him. Kate worked all day, skipped lunch, and refused to take a break. He felt desperate. He would strike soon. At five forty three a call came in. A body was found, same MO used. He had possibly struck again. Kate was ready to go until the guy gave the location. It was her neighborhood. Kate almost fell.

She rushed home. The whole while she drove, she prayed her friends were alright.

Colin felt cold. She stayed in his thoughts. His parents just watched him and said nothing, but tonight something changed. "Mom, Dad, I'm going to Seattle." He announced. He left immediately and caught the next fight out. Arriving in the city, he called the FBI office and asked for Kate Lane.

She was not at work but he was transferred to her boss. Agent Leeson was relieved. He came. He knew two things. One was Kate was not letting this case go. Two was if she said this guy could help, then he was needed. Colin entered and her boss was relieved. Kate was home and he stepped out of protocol and drove Colin to her apartment.

Kate opened her door thinking it was the pizza delivery guy and was surprised to see Agent Leeson standing there. She was even more stunned to see Colin standing beside him. Her heart raced. He came. She fought back a smile, as her eyes filled with moisture.

"Um, Lane, this is the guy you went to Oklahoma to recruit. He just showed up, I hope you are right, because we need all of the help we can get." Agent Leeson then excused himself leaving Kate facing the one man that haunted her dreams.

Standing a cool six feet ten inches, Colin towered over her. She offered him a seat and asked where he was staying. He spoke and said he had not gone to a hotel, but took a cab straight to her office. He carried an overnight bag and nothing else.

His chiseled features made her swoon. She wanted this man, but now was not the time and he made it clear that she was not his type. Besides she was done being "strange". She deserved more. "I have an extra room. You can stay here." She was exhausted. Colin needed to comfort her. Placing his bag in her guest room, he returned as she paid the pizza guy.

"I hope you like supreme pizza because that's our dinner." Kate stated.

Colin grabbed two plates. Kate grabbed them water and they ate in silence. After they were done, Kate washed the plates and faced him, "So, why did you come?"

"He wants to kill you. I can't let that happen." Colin stated.

Kate began to pace. "Lots of people want to kill me Colin. They have not succeeded. I never should have come to your family, I apologize. Tomorrow, I will buy the ticket for your return flight, and will reimburse you the cost for flying up here."

Colin was quiet. He heard her. Not the words she was saying, but the pain she was trying to hide. He also realized something else, by sending her away he sent a message that she was not important to him.

Colin waited, and then ran his hand through his long dark hair. Kate Lane was unlike any woman he had ever met. She was tough and didn't mince words. She was a fighter. She didn't wait to be rescued. She rescued herself. She was also tall, and he liked it. Most of the women he dated were too short, to meet a woman that met his heights was a plus. She also had a temper, a temper that was fiery red like her glorious curly hair. His body reacted to her on a primal level. He also realized that this man wanted her dead and that was not going to happen.

"Look Kate, I'm here and I'm not leaving." Colin sat down.

"Colin," Kate whispered. She needed him to go. She needed to be alone. A few hours ago, she processed a scene where her friend Orton was placed. The sick fuck fed him and then sliced him open and watched as he bled out. The bastard was close to her and now targeting the ones she cared about.

"We will find him. I won't leave until he is captured." Colin whispered.

Kate wanted to hug him, but she knew he really did not like her. "Come here." She moved into his arms. He felt so strong, so good.

Colin felt whole. Kate felt amazing in his arms. Her body trembled, and he believed that she was close to breaking. She needed protecting. Yes she was strong and could protect herself, but she was a woman, nurturing, caring, and she needed to be cared for. Colin tightened his embrace and knew, he wanted to be the man to bring her comfort. All of a sudden he understood why Chase followed Lana. She too had a dangerous job. Kate sighed and pushed way. Colin let her go and she felt so much better.

He yawned, and Kate told him to rest. They could start the next morning. Colin for the first time in weeks was not nervous. Before going to bed, he called his parents and told them he had arrive and was OK.

That night, Kate lay in her bed and was unable to sleep. Colin was here and she was too wired to sleep.

Colin slept, and Kate came out to make sure he was really there. Covering him with a thin blanket, she watched him sleep. Even in sleep he stole her breath. "Who are you Colin, Why do you affect me so?" She wondered.

Colin opened his eyes and answered, "You know who I am. Just like, I know who you are. Go to bed, sweetheart. We have time. We can figure things out later." Kate quickly returned to her room. Colin lay awake staring at her door, as Kate lay awake on the other side. Neither one dared to move for fear of them being so close not being real.

Kate was up early. She had to make sure Peech and Jackie were still safe. Colin heard her, and as she exited her shower, he quickly showered and dressed. When he came out, she was ready to go. Twisting her hair in a tight bun, Kate was all seriousness. They walked out and down the coffee shop. Kate searched frantically, then she saw them huddled together beneath a street light, Jackie and Peech waited for her.

Rushing to them, Kate hugged both women, then she looked around. Several people were passing by on their way to work, completely oblivious to the suffering of these two women.

"I'm getting you two off of the streets. If I can't find a shelter for you, you can come stay with me." Kate explained.

Peech and Jackie looked at each other, then they looked at Kate. "We told Orton not to go with that guy. He laughed, and went because the guy told him he needed help with a job. We should have went to because maybe we all could have gotten away."

"All of you would have been killed, Peech." Kate exhaled. "I didn't protect Orton, but I promise you two I will find a way to keep you safe."

Jackie noticed Colin. "Who is this?" She asked.

Kate smiled, "This is my friend Colin Whitefeather. He will help me find this killer."

Colin smiled and Jackie spoke, "Strong lines in your family. You're gifted, aren't you?"

"Yes, Ma'am and like Kate explained I'm here to help her." Colin replied.

Jackie blushed. Colin laughed, "I'm glad to see that Kate has such good friends here. She was so mean to me; I was almost worried." He teased.

"Kate's not mean. She is a good girl and deserves much better that that last guy she was with." She covered her mouth.

Colin looked at Kate and raised an eyebrow.

"Peech, come on, let's get a coffee." They walked to the café. Jackie and Peech stopped, but Colin held the door for them. The two women stopped as did Kate. He waited, and carefully all three entered.

Before they could sit, the manager ordered them out. Peech and Jackie looked at Colin who looked pissed.

"Ma'am these beautiful ladies are with me. We will have breakfast and you will not speak to them that way ever again."

She was shocked. Kate smiled and his heart raced. Soon they sat and Colin was aware that his guest smelled. He ignored it for now, but before the day was done, they would have someplace safe to stay with necessities.

They ate breakfast and then Kate had to report in, but not before she found a safe place for Peech and Jackie to stay. The owner of the café came out and apologized for his worker. He explained that many times the homeless population made customers uncomfortable, but they never meant to be cruel to anyone. Colin glared at him. He knew the man was lying and trying to save face.

He smiled, "Well, my new friends here, Peech and Jackie can do with a hot shower and some clean clothes. They can work. Let's say for today sir, you give them a chance."

The owner looked weary but agreed. Kate left her friends in his hands. He had the two to freshen up and provided them with uniforms. They went to work cleaning.

Kate and Colin arrived at her office. She said very little as they drove in. Colin watched her. The death of her friend hit her hard, yet she refused to grieve. She was focused on stopping this killer before he took anyone else from her.

Her team assembled and they were ready to go. Kate introduced Colin and he was received with some skepticism. Then he went through the evidence. His heart stopped. This man did not care about his victims; they were a means to an end. He wanted Kate. He thumbed though some folders all the while knowing the bastard wanted to hurt his mate.

That was unacceptable.

Kate got a call and was headed out. "I'm going with you." Coin stated.

"No, stay here. This guy is a lead, and if he sees more than me, it will spook him." She explained.

Colin didn't buy it. "I'm going. I might see something more."

Kate shook her head but let him come along. They met the guy at a local bar. He eyed Colin carefully but was happy to see Kate. Colin stood back, but watched their interaction.

The guy liked her and was afraid for her. All of a sudden, Colin felt cold. The bastard was here. He looked around and a loud commotion as someone ran out caught his attention. Colin went after the guy, but he had vanished when he made it outside. Colin was furious but went back in. Kate was looking for him, and relieved when he entered.

"Look, I'm done. He knows I talked to you. I have to go." Her informant told her.

Kate had questions for Colin, "What was it?" She asked,

"He was here. He has been watching you. He's angry and wants to harm you, even more so now." Colin took a deep breath. "We will stop him."

Kate was nervous and that wasn't good. He was breaking and she needed to stop him before he flew over the edge. Colin and Kate went back to the lab where they looked at more evidence. Colin wanted to be out. He needed to find this guy.

At the office, Kate set up sting operations, and Colin listened in. Soon, she stood, and faced him. "You've had time. Can you tell us anything we may be missing?" She asked.

Colin sighed, "He's a man, and he has one goal in mind. This is not the first time he has harmed people, but you never noticed. He wants your attention Kate, because in his mind you belong to him. That's why when you left, he targeted your friends." Colin began to pace. "I think you should hand this case over to someone new. I'll help them, but you are the one he is after."

"I can't agree to that Colin. I have to stop him." Kate explained.

A call came in, and the team took off. A family was found, but this was not a signature killing of the perpetrator she was chasing.

He watched. She had a man staying with her. She had no right. Then the fucker followed him from the bar. He had to die. He would make her watch as he killed her new lover. Then when he finished, they'd make love on that man's dead body before he choked out her last breath. He removed his hat and wiped his brow. An old man saw him but quickly looked away. Too bad, he had to go. Five minutes later, he was wiping the man's blood from his hands. Tossing the body in the dumpster, he had to find a way to lure Kate. Killing her would be the peak of his reign.

Colin stayed at Kate's side even as she worked straight through with no breaks. Everyone started leaving and he purposely had her to shut down. She let him drive back to the apartment. They stopped by the café where the owner actually gave Jackie and Peech shifts. He even allowed them use of the backroom of the café for shelter. He had one rule thought, no drugs. Kate wasn't completely happy, but for now they were safe.

Arriving back at her apartment, Kate was exhausted.

"Kate, rest. I'll make dinner." Colin offered.

Kate smiled, "You're going to cook for me. Thanks Colin, but I don't have any food here." Colin opened the refrigerator and she was right.

"Woman, what have you been surviving on?" He teased.

"Take out, call Meh Lings." Kate grunted then passed.

"No, give me your keys. I'm going to the market." Colin stated. She did and thirty minutes later he returned with food. Colin let himself in and smiled as she was sprawled out on the couch snoring.

Not wasting another minute, he made a quick stew. Then he woke her.

"Wow, this is good. Tell your Mom she should be proud." Kate added.

Colin chuckled. "My dad taught me. He also taught Mom."

Kate laughed, "Well Mr. Whitefeather, whomever you end up with will be one lucky lady."

The air turned serious. Colin was silent as he watched her. "Tell me about this guy. Why are you after him? You could have easily given this case to someone else."