Soul Mates

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kate sighed, "I'm not a quitter. If I give this case to someone else before I get this guy, he wins. Besides, he killed Orton. He has to pay."

Colin sighed, and for reasons unknown to him she took his hand. "Thank you for dinner. It was so sweet of you. "

Colin tightened his grip. Kate's heart raced. He moved to take her in his arms. "He won't hurt you. I promise."

Kate hugged him. He made her feel so safe. "Colin" She whispered.

His body hardened.

"Kate, go to your room. I'll clean up." He stated. He needed her away from him now or their relationship would change significantly.

"No," She answered and then she kissed him. No longer able to resist. Colin tasted this amazing woman. Pulling him to the sofa, Kate lay back, pulling his body over hers.

"Kate, stop." Colin whispered.

"Colin, I need you, please." Kate leaded so sweetly. No longer able to resist, Colin gave in to his desires that he had fought since the first day he met her.

"Too many clothes," She gasped. Coin agreed, and they both undressed and went back into the others arms. Colin stopped and admired her. The woman was amazing, and he smiled when he noticed her small tattoo above her hip bone. A wild Irish rose. He traced the tat and whispered "Beautiful"

Kate blushed. She started to explain, but the time for talking was done. Colin undressed and she forgot to breath. His body was toned and firm. He unfastened his jeans and her mouth went today. His cock was long, thick, and hers. Licking her lips, Kate would not wait to taste him. Reaching forward, he grasped her wrists.

"Babe, wait." Colin joined her, kissing her passionately. Kate caressed his body, her body aflame with need and desire. Kissing her neck, nipping her skin, Colin groaned. She tasted so sweet and he was in heaven. Kate moaned, her body was on fire. Her sex was hot, sweltering. It needed more than a light caress. She needed him.

Cupping her heat, Colin moaned. He had never had a woman that was this hot this soon for him. "Colin." She moaned.

His body covered hers as she spread her thighs. Sinking deep into her warm, Colin groaned. Kate climaxed at the feel of him entering her heat. Moving slowly, Colin loved her. Sliding in and out of her body, Colin wanted to brand this woman as his. Soon, she came, her body enveloping his. Unable to hold out any longer, Colin filled her body with his seed. Kate came again and together they spiraled into a climatic heaven.

Colin held her close as she dozed. "Babe, you're tired. Come on. Let me help you into bed."

Colin carried her into her bedroom, and placed her in her bed. He stood to leave when Kate asked him to stay. Not one to ever refuse her anything, Colin joined her and soon they both slept.

A few hours later, Kate awoke and turned in to his tall frame. She wanted him again. So she stroked his body, waking him, and Colin gladly joined her in her amorous exploration. A few hours later, her alarm sounded and she had to prepare for work. She showered and waited for Colin. Soon they walked to the coffee shop and saw Peech and Jackie. The two women greeted them and then went to work.

Colin simply watched. Kate Lane was an amazing woman. She deserved to be given the world.

Outside, someone watched and became infuriated, She is mine. He dies today. I'm done with the old and sick people. Kate will now who I am. She will beg me to spare her. First, I will kill that smug bastard that is with her. Slamming his hand into the side of his van, he dented the vehicle. He had one more goal, "Kill the Indian."

Colin and Kate reported to her office. They took great pains to keep their relationship under wraps. However, several people noticed the sly looks and light touches. Another call came in. The coffee shop called Kate directly. A Large man kicked in the back door and took Peech. Kate took off, and her team was behind her. Jackie was waiting for an ambulance. He struck her with a large knife cutting her deeply. She described him and Kate knew he was the guy.

"What happened?" She asked, "What made him snap?" Colin saw something. Peech was bait.

"Kate, stay here, He wants you to follow. This is a game to him. He has her in a dark room. He will kill her and nothing can stop him. His goal is to harm you. I can't allow that."

The police were searching, and followed clear leads. Kate's team went out, leaving her and a few agents with Jackie. The staff at the diner was extremely helpful, and for the first time they had a chance of catching this guy. Kate just prayed Peech didn't die while they were searching.

As the police and detective rushed out to search for Peech, Kate waited at the hospital with Jackie. She was out of surgery, and the doctors expected a full recovery. Kate was relieved. To her surprise the owner of the coffee shop waited with her. Both went in to see Jackie.

Jackie had to tell Kate about the man. "He was waiting behind the diner. After Mr. Ken left, he kicked the door. He grabbed Peech and I hit him. I didn't see the knife until he got me with it. Have you found Peech? Did he hurt her?"

"No, we're looking. You gave us some good leads." Kate explained.

The small group stayed until her nurse told them she needed rest. Kate headed back to the diner. She wanted to look around. He had to have left something.

Meanwhile, Colin knew he had here some place dark and cold. The police officers wanted to retreat but Colin wanted to keep searching. This man was a threat to his Kate and he had to help put this man away.

Knowing he has no real authority, Colin returned to the diner. Kate rushed to him. He held her close and for a moment they forgot she was lead detective, and that they agreed to be discreet.

"It's OK. We will stop him." Colin whispered.

Kate sighed, but for some reason could not let him go. Leeson entered and cleared his throat, reminding them that they were not alone. The team then briefed them on what they found.

They were close now, closer than ever before. They had a face and soon would have a name. All they needed was location.

A call came through and they had identification. Kate froze. She knew this guy.

"I know him." Kate shared.

Everyone froze. This changed things and it made sense now. The new information was shared and everybody took off. Kate had a hunch and as soon as the all clear was given, she hit the door. Colin sensed it and he followed her.

"Colin, let me go alone. If I can find him, maybe I can reason with him." Kate tried to explain, but Colin was not agreeing.

"We'll call Agent Leeson and then we can go when he gets here." He added.

Kate was furious. "Wait, this is my case I asked you to come here as a consultant. You will not dictate to me what I should do."

Colin yelled back. "Woman, if you think I'm giving that monster a shot at you, think again. Last night changed things for me, for us. I will die before I let him or any other person harm you Kate. So get off of your high horse for once and let someone look out for you. You are not going after him alone. That's all there is to it."

Kate was stunned. "It was just sex, Colin. It was not that big of a ..."

Before she could finished she was in his arms. He kissed her and she flamed. He had to have her now, Unfastening her jeans, Colin made quick work of stripping her naked. His pants followed. Lifting her and moving between her thighs, he entered her. Her body fit him like a glove as he pumped deep inside of her wetness. She came and came harder than she ever had in her life. Colin was not done. She wanted to relegate last night to just sex, then he would show her she was wrong and he did the one thing no man had ever accomplished. He made Kate Lane submit, and state that she belonged to him.

Kate was a mass of nerves when he lifted her and carried her to their bed. Lying down beside her, Colin kissed her until she forgot to think. "Kate Lane, I will never agree to you being in harm's way. We will stop him, and you will be protected."

"Colin, my job..." Kate tried to explain.

"Baby, there are other jobs." Colin sighed and pulled her on top of his body. "Your main job is not getting hurt by that bastard."

Secretly Kate loved it. He made her feel as if she was the most precious of all jewels. She would often scoff at women who felt the need to be protected, but now she understood completely.

"Come on, let's finish undressing so we can rest." Coin suggested, and they did.

However, poor Peech wasn't resting. She wasn't crying anymore either. She was no longer breathing. The sick sadistic bastard took his time with her. He placed a vat below her and cut holes until she slowly bled to death. He was not satisfied. Kate should have come after him by now, Tomorrow, he was killing that Indian.

Kate knew she would not find Peech alive. She also knew he was not done. Laying in Colin's arms, she held him even closer. Kate was afraid. What if she could not stop this guy? What if he somehow got away.

Colin tightened his grip, and whispered, "I'm here and I'm not leaving."

Kate didn't sleep. She waited and when Colin was finally sleeping peacefully she got up. She was going out. He had to be somewhere near. He had Peech in less than thirty minutes and he vanished in thin air. Kate dressed quickly and quietly left her apartment. She drove. She knew two things; he preyed on the less fortunate and he drove a big vehicle. As she was driving her phone rang, she started to ignore it.

"Where are you? Come back home now, Kate." Colin demanded.

"Colin, I have to find him. He took Peech. I promised her I would make sure she was safe." Kate explained.

As she talked, a huge van came out of nowhere and rammed her. Dropping the phone and screaming, Kate's small car crashed. Colin ran out of her house. He had to find her now. Closing his eyes, he asked his spirit guide to protect her and take him to her. He called Leeson immediately as he took off in search of Kate.

They found her car. She was not in it. They knew, Whoever this killer was, he had taken a federal agent hostage.

Kate awoke in a dark dingy room. She was tied to a chair and a plate of food was placed in front of her. She was disoriented, but she knew enough to look around and see if she could find an escape route. She forced herself to remain calm when her eyes landed on Peach's nude body hanging from hooks, a tub full of blood beneath her.

She had to keep it together, or she was not getting out of here alive. Colin was coming. For some reason that thought calmed her.

He walked in the room. The first thing she noticed was his eyes. She had seen those eyes before. When she first started with the bureau there was a case and two children were taken into custody, the boy had cat eyes.

"Now you remember me. You took him from me and I have waited years to make you pay, Kate. But first, we have to have a ceremony, and then the fun can begin," He hissed.

Kate swallowed. She was in deep trouble now, and unless a miracle happened this was not going to end well.

"Fisher, your name is Fisher, right?" Kate asked tentatively. She had to get him to talk. If he talked she could gain his trust, Once she did that then she could relate to him on some level and she may be able to survive this.

"Yes, you remember. I was ten when you came and took Paw Paw away. You stayed with me and Mary Alice until the social worker came. I hated you then and I hate you now. You destroyed our family and went on the have the life of your dreams. Well I made Paw Paw a promise. I promised him I'd marry one day and have a family. But on the day of his death, I promised that I would make you pay.

So, I practiced. I've been practicing for years. You wanna know who I killed first, my pathetic weak little sister. No one noticed. She was a whore, and a druggie. So I killed women that were like her. Still no one noticed. Then one day, a man asked me to give him money I hit him, then I cut out his heart and reveled over his bloated carcass. After killing a few, the police noticed, I wanted them to call you, so I waited. Then one day, Paw Paw answered my prayers and you came.

He leaned down and kissed her. Kate gagged, his breath was vile, and his lips cold and slimy. She tried to pull away, but that action angered him even more.

Grabbing her chin with his hand he hissed. "The first bitch I fucked I called her Kate then I cut her throat. Each time I killed, I fucked them and pretended it was you."

He laughed, and it was a sinister laugh, "I'm done playing. Tonight we marry. Then wife, I'm fucking you raw. When I'm done, I will choke you to death with my bare hands."

Kate fought against her restraints. The more she fought the restraint grew tighter. He laughed, "You can't get away. The more you struggle the tighter you are tied."

He looked over at Peech's body. "She was a lousy lay. She didn't even struggle really, but I knew she would bring you to me." Fisher grabbed her collar and snatched her up from the chair. "We need sleep. Come on." He ordered.

Kate had no choice but to follow. She had to think. There had to be away out of here.

Meanwhile Collin and the other agents were searching. Colin saw something on the ground; it was a piece of paper, not just any paper but a flyer from the reservation festival day. He picked it up. He moved forward where he found a broken beaded necklace. His heart began to race and he called her supervisor. The men saw tire tracks, and knew they had a small trail.

Colin was done waiting for them. He was a seer, and if grandfather taught him was true, then his gift would help him find Kate. Colin sat and went into a fugue state where his saw Kate in a dark bedroom. She was hurting, but he had to ignore that. He whispered.

Kate closed her eyes as Fisher undressed and lay behind her. He took a syringe and told her "This will help you relax." In her mind Kate screamed for Colin, and somehow he heard her and took off.

The team followed. At this point they were working on a hope and a promise. Arriving in an abandoned warehouse, they found a dark blue van. They knew. Kate and the perp were around here somewhere.

Colin was no longer waiting. If that bastard touched her in anyway, he was no going to be declared anything but dead.

The officers moved quietly. The rooms were littered in filth. Then there was a window. The men had to fight back their gasp as they saw Peech's naked body ripped open and hanging.

Colin knew he had his Kate inside and he had to get in there.

Fisher felt strange, so he came out. He looked around but the officers hid. He went back in, and crawled into bed with Kate "Love, it's time. Paw Paw has given me his blessings. Now I must make love to my wife."

Kate struggled, and he hit her. Colin heard the blow. Agent Leeson had to force him to wait for the others. Colin would not. That bastard was not taking Kate from him. With one swift kick, the door flew open, Fisher rushed from the back and saw that damned Indian. He attacked. Colin was ready. By then Agent Leeson and the others were in and one screamed out that he had Kate.

Colin stopped. She was tied up, bleeding, and both of her hands were purple. She had a black and blue bruise from where he struck her, and she was disoriented. He had drugged her with something and she needed an ambulance.

Colin rode to the hospital with her, never leaving her side. Fisher was taken down and in the custody of the FBI. He was detained and placed in a psychiatric ward immediately.

The doctors worked on Kate and found large quantities of drugs in her system. She had broken bones and multiple contusions.

All the while, Colin never moved. He called his parents and told them that the killer had been caught but Kate was injured.

He stayed. The next morning, her father arrived at the hospital. Colin greeted him and told him that he was staying at Kate's side. She was his soul mate. Robert Lane smiled, and knew this young man spoke the truth.

Then he heard his mother cheering and dancing. Kate would not be alone anymore. This young man would do everything he could to make her happy. Robert smiled as he read his aura. Colin Whitefeather was powerful, and he was just what Katie needed.

Robert talked with the doctors; he asked that Colin stand with him. Kate was in a coma, and the drugs had been flushed from her system. She healed, but whatever drug he gave her still rendered her unresponsive. Kate was in the hospital for weeks before she seemed to be even a little bit coherent. As she woke slowly, she looked for him. She knew he was near. He talked to her every day. She even remembered someone telling him to leave and he refused to leave her. He fought for her and she had never had someone do that before.

As she regained her strength, Colin visited each day,. Her mother stayed by her side as well. The doctor actually ordered Robert to go rest, Colin was not budging. Eventually, Kate woke. Sadly, she could not walk, so she was placed in a wheelchair. Colin came and sat with her. Some days, Jackie came by. She was doing much better. Her boss, Ben, made it his business to help get her off of the streets. Kate was always glad to see her. She still could not speak. That did not deter Colin, he talked to her everyday and laughed at her hand gestures when she told him to fuck off.

One day, she sat in her wheel chair. Her mother had gone to rest. A few of the nurses stopped by. Even a few of her friends from the agency visited. She appreciated it, but the only ones she wanted to see were Colin and her Dad. Colin sat next to her dozing one afternoon. Kate reached out and took his hand. He opened his eyes. Colin came to her, and he talked. Kate watched him, and tears formed in her eyes. "Kate are you in pain. Let me get a nurse. " Colin stated concerned.

"No, don't leave me. Don't ever leave me." She rasped.

Colin froze. "Kate, baby you spoke."

She cried and as tears ran down her cheeks she said the words she had never uttered to another man, "I love you, Colin."

He kneeled before her then and gathered her in his arms. The nurse came in and stopped. Colin kissed her, and Kate's heart raced. She almost died, and this brave man took on a monster to save her life.

Clearing her throat, the nurse asked what as going on. Kate looked at her and asked for water.

"Wait, you can talk. Let me get Dr. Garrett right now." The nurse rushed out. Colin smiled and simply held on to her hands.

Colin sat with her and waited until the doctor came in. He called her father and Robert came straight from the apartment. He sat with her and the strong man wept tears of joy. The doctor waited and arranged for Kate to begin therapy after they ran some more tests. The doctor was relieved. He was actually smiling. Kate would be fine. The test revealed that the muscles in her back and legs were regenerating. She would walk again soon.

Kate went to therapy and over time, she regained mobility. Fisher would stand trial and his attorney was pleading that be declared mentally ill and placed in a state mental institution. Kate wanted him gone. She went to trial and testified. She described her ordeal.

Robert stayed a little longer, but soon returned to Ireland. He made Colin promise to bring Kate there as soon as she could make the trip. Colin was way ahead of him. He and Kate would travel to Ireland for their honeymoon. He just had t let her know that they were getting married first.

Finally two years after she had been taken, Kate sat in the courtroom as Fisher was sentenced to fifteen consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole.

She cried. Her nightmare was over. Colin sat beside her. He held her close.

Later that evening, they called her father. Robert laughed. He was so relieved now. "When are you two coming back for a visit?"