Speech and Debate Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DAMackey
DAMackey
981 Followers

Daniel maneuvered himself off the bed to stand beside it. He caught my shoulders between his arms as I made another whirling pass and stopped my pacing.

"Read me some," he said. "I'll do my best to listen and give you my thoughts, if I can stop looking at you."

His strong grip on my cock through my underwear coupled with a firm kiss made me forget my fears for a moment. I cleared my throat and shuffled my deck of note cards to the first one.

"My fellow students, teachers, administrators, parents, and friends," I began shakily. "We stand here today at the cusp of our futures."

Daniel's arm over my shoulder directed me towards my desk. I was engrossed in the mediocre words I had written and barely noticed the change in location until my thighs bumped into the wood.

"Go on," he urged, "sounds good so far."

"The past four years have taken us from our first bright day on this campus, through the twists and turns of academic achievement."

Daniel kissed the nape of my neck and the words blurred on the card before me.

"Baby," I sighed. "How am I supposed to concentrate on this speech when you do that?"

His hands were on my hips, his thumbs working their way underneath the elastic of my undies.

"You just read and let me worry about the rest." He kissed my neck again.

"We have all grown," I continued, "not just physically, but as people. And this school helped us to do that."

Daniel pushed my underwear below the curve of my ass and my cock flopped out and landed with an audible thump onto the top of my desk. I lost my concentration for a moment and had to struggle to regain it.

"We have been shaped by the devotion of our teachers and their unswerving diligeeeAAhhhhh oh, my god!"

Daniel's tongue snaked a very light line down my lower back and through the valley of my ass. I hadn't even heard him kneel behind me but he pressed his face to my cheeks and buried himself between them. His tongue darted over and around my hole, just teasing it lightly, not trying to enter.

Just as quickly as I felt him there, he disappeared.

"See, if we can practice this and get you through the entire speech while I...have some fun with you...then it should be a breeze when you actually have to give it."

His lips were pressed to my ear, his teeth clamping down lightly on the tender skin. His body was pressed to my back and I arched my ass into him by instinct, my eyes closing, brain igniting with passion.

"Never gonna happen," I admitted.

There was no way in hell I would ever be able to get through this entire speech if Daniel was toying and twisting and tweaking my body.

"Maybe not," he admitted, "but it's going to be a lot of fun trying, huh?"

He nipped at my ear again and my cock throbbed in response.

"But right now, we gotta get you dressed and out the door. We have 30 minutes to get back for the banquet."

My heart sank, realizing we didn't have time to continue what Daniel had just hinted at. Not right now anyway. I had squandered what little chance there had been with my nervous pacing and unnecessary anxieties. I sighed and nodded as I felt Daniel's body grow distant from me to return to the bed. He sat on the edge placidly, hands folded in his lap.

I turned to look at him, my cock still hanging from my underwear.

His eyes widened a bit. I saw my advantage and took it.

"You sure I can't convince you to skip it?" I asked demurely, grabbing my semi-hard cock and wagging it in his general direction.

"Oh, you could convince me, I'm quite sure. But then you'd miss out on my surprise," he said, barely concealing his obvious desire in his eyes.

His pants betrayed him, tenting out in front of him, the slimming black doing little to hide what was lurking beneath.

"Surprise?"

Daniel nodded.

"What surprise!?" I asked gleefully as I plopped myself down across his lap, my arm going around his shoulder and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"You'll just have to wait and see, Beautiful."

He turned my face to kiss me and I melted into him. I could feel the hardening length of his shaft against the still bare skin of my exposed ass, only one thin layer of black denim between me and an hour of ecstasy.

God, how I wanted to waste that hour with him!

"Okay, I'll take your word for it."

I leapt from his lap and started towards the clothes he had laid out for me, stuffing my cock back into my too-small underwear in the process.

Daniel leaned back on his elbows and watched me dress, instructing me to turn and show him my ensemble every few moments. I strongly believe that he just wanted to check out my body in various states of undress, but I didn't blame him then and I don't hold it against him now. Not that I was anything much to look at, not in comparison with him or Ian or even Paul and Gordon. But Daniel had a way of making me feel like the most perfect boy in the world, the most pristine and desired, the most beautiful. Just when he looked at me.

We were only 10 minutes late to the banquet. Daniel had spritzed a bit of Calvin Klein Obsession cologne on his neck while we walked to the car. That had ended with a make out session that very nearly derailed the entire evening. Something about that particular scent...

But we made it, all the same.

The banquet itself took place in the gym.

Long folding tables were set up in an open rectangle right on the basketball court, with the team taking the longest table under the hoop. The bleachers had been pushed back and the entire gigantic room, much too large for the rather small gathering, glowed under the huge dangling fluorescent lamps. The tables were covered with white table cloths and arranged with blue and green accents. Folding chairs lined the outside ring for the team and the spectators to sit and eat from the buffet table near the entrance.

I was struck by the difference between this gathering and the swanky affair that had been Prom. The term "banquet" implied an English Country Estate type atmosphere, at least to me. I was rather shocked to find that the set up would not have been out of place for any Church Bazaar on any given Sunday in any State below the Mason Dixon Line.

Players and coaches, teachers and parents all milled about the room at their ease, taking seats at the table to eat the barbecued chicken, corn on the cob and cornbread offered as sustenance for the event. I was glad for the much more casual vibe, having just barely survived the more formal prom setting.

When Daniel and I entered, Ian greeted us almost immediately. He was dressed smartly in a tailored suit, marking him as the most well-dressed among the spectators who, like Daniel and I, wore some combination of jeans or khakis with polos and button downs.

"You guys look nice," Ian said casually, his red plastic cup clenched easily in his massive fingers.

"Thanks," we replied in tandem.

"So," Daniel started, "how are Paul and Gordon taking things?"

"Well enough," Ian said. "Neither talked much on the way to drop them off, but they seem alright now. I don't think you have anything to worry about."

Daniel smiled at his friend, our friend, and clapped him on the shoulder.

"You've been really great with all of this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it."

"We both do," I added.

Ian shrugged.

"Hell, hot sex is hot sex, right? Plus, the two of you are good together. This one had a tendency to brood a bit and it could get fuckin' annoying as hell before you came along," Ian joked and returned Daniel's friendly clap on the shoulder.

"He's sexy when he gets all dark and moody, though," I replied to a round of light hearted laughter.

"If you say so," Ian added. "Come on, Coach is getting ready to announce MVP in a bit. We should take our seats."

With that, Ian turned and walked towards the long table reserved for the players and Daniel and I followed.

"So you think I'm sexy when I get broody and moody, huh?" Daniel whispered so that only I could hear.

"You're sexy when you just stand there and exist, baby."

His strong grip on my ass made me jump a bit.

"I don't deserve you, you know that."

"I know," I joked, "but now you're stuck with me."

His hand lingered on my lower back as he lead me towards the center of the table. I glanced at the name cards arrayed before the folding chairs, searching for my own name as we neared the center of the table. I didn't see it anywhere and my trepidation grew steadily.

Ian pulled out a chair near the very center of the long table and Daniel found his spot next to him, right in the middle. Even Daniel's hand on my back couldn't halt the shock when I read my name on the white card placed to his right.

What was my name doing in the center of the table?!

Surely that was a mistake! I should have been down at one of the ends, mingling with the freshmen and sophomores who would move steadily inward as their baseball careers progressed over the coming semesters. I was a senior, of course, but I'd never expected to be placed with the actual players in the seats of honor.

"Surprise." Daniel whispered, pulling out my chair and motioning me to sit. "Well, a small part of it. Coach asked me if it was alright. It was his idea."

I sat in the seat numbly and did my best not to blink, scared I would dislodge a tear and give away my feelings. This was a room full of athletes after all. Tears were something to be shed after losses or injuries, not moments of unexpected joy and belonging.

"I don't know what to say," I murmured as Daniel took his seat beside me.

His hand rested on my thigh beneath the table and squeezed gently. He didn't remove it. Gordon sat to my right and I suddenly felt very much a part of something. I had feared that our last home game that afternoon would be the end of this camaraderie only to find it extended to this evening. It bolstered my small hopes that perhaps this would just be a transition to something different and new. Not a final curtain. My heart raced at the prospect.

Just a few short weeks ago, I had no close friends, no one to whom I felt beholden or very much cared about beyond a passing interest. Things had changed so quickly and I had grown accustomed to feeling included. With that inclusion, came the near crippling fear that it would all come crashing down and I'd be thrown once again into my former state of loneliness.

I hadn't truly felt lonely then. But then, I hadn't known what I had been missing. If I were to return to that place now, knowing what I knew, feeling what I felt, the loss would be devastating.

A vision of Amy flashed in my mind and I made the note to attempt another reconciliation. If I felt that fear after only a few weeks, she must have been terrified after four solid years of being on top of the social world. Her world must have been transformed in some rather horrific ways.

"Don't listen to any of those jerk offs, David," Gordon leaned in to whisper to me.

"What?" I asked.

My eyes must have been wide and my face a mask of fear or worry. Gordon nodded towards the end of the table where I noticed a few of the younger players looking in my direction and whispering to each other, occasionally laughing to themselves.

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed them. Gordon must have assumed that my apparent showing of emotion on my features was a direct result of the whispers and twitters coming from the younger students.

"Guess they figured something out," Gordon continued. "Pay them no mind, they are just ass holes trying to be cool."

So, it seemed the younger players had been paying more attention to the little hints and whispers about me and Daniel than our closest friends had been. If they knew, or assumed, then it was only a matter of time before the rumor was completely enmeshed to all levels of the UpperSchool. At least I had some warning. I would have to prepare Daniel for what was most likely coming our way.

"Can I have your attention!" Coach B bellowed. "Everyone, take your seats please. Settle down."

The room quieted quickly. There was a reason Coach B was a coach and not a teacher. He could command a room with ease. Parents and teachers and athletes alike began to shuffle to their chairs and turned their attention towards Coach who stood at the center of the array of tables.

"As you all know, we had a fantastic season this year. Any time you can win more than you loose, you can call it a good season. And we certainly did that."

The room applauded and Coach B waited for the noise to die down before continuing.

"Now, none of that would have been possible without the efforts and skills of these young men behind me."

He swung his arms wide to indicate the team, which amazingly, included me.

"They gave their all to this team and displayed great skill and prowess throughout this season. While each and every one of them deserve to be named Most Valuable Player for this season, that honor can go to only one player. It was a hard decision to make, but one man stood out above the rest. His personal skill, selfless devotion to his teammates and willingness to do anything and everything for our little group went above and beyond. Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for our MVP...Daniel!"

The room broke into waves of applause and cheers that rang from the iron rafters. Daniel stood slowly to receive his applause and my heart swelled in my chest. I clapped so hard I thought my hands might bleed. When the room quieted, Daniel took a deep breath and began his acceptance speech.

"Thank you Coach B, and thank you to every player that worked so hard this season. Without you, I never could have done this. As most of you know, a lot of what this award symbolizes is leadership. Courage and bravery in the face of obstacles and interference. For that reason, I can't accept this award on my own. The man sitting next to me has shown those qualities far and away more adamantly than any one I've ever met. He's shown not only me, but the entire team what it means to be a man, to face your fears with openness and honesty, and in the process to change the world around you for the better. So I thank you for this award and I ask that you put your hands together for our team manager who made this team worth playing for, David."

As Daniel spoke, my hearing faded to a buzz in my ears, my heart beat the only sound I could focus on. The wild applauding and standing ovation started by the seniors on the team passed in my eyes like slow-motion images in a silent film. Daniel's arm on my shoulder and Gordon's urging from my right somehow managed to lever me onto my feet but I was unable to react with the expected smiles.

I felt like I had just been struck by lightning.

"Surprise, my love," Daniel whispered into my left ear.

The tear I had worked so diligently to hold at bay broke though and traveled down my cheek. Daniel brushed it away with a gentle flick of his thumb and smiled at me.

The remainder of the "banquet" passed by like a dream. I shook hands and nodded and smiled as best I could, but I was only ever able to utter a simple "thank you," to their heart felt congratulations. As the evening wore on and people began to trickle back to their cars to head home, I was still in a state of shock.

Daniel never left my side. His hand on the small of my back held me up and encouraged me, lending me his strength while sending the signal that he was my protector. He smiled proudly at me whenever someone approached, beaming at me and reveling in the attention everyone was paying to the man he so obviously loved.

The fact that this man was me had yet to truly sink in.

Daniel didn't push my response. He let me work through the varying emotions on my own, never asking if I was okay or needed anything, simply standing by my side with resolute determination, a sure sense of himself and an even more sure sense of us.

I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I already did, but I was proved wrong.

So very very wrong.

The drive back to his house was made with my fingers laced into his, squeezing him so tightly I could feel my pulse and his joining together, humming in concert through our skin.

I was still a nearly silent shell of my usual self when we arrived at Daniel's house. Daniel ushered me into the living room and had me sit and get comfortable on the large white leather sofa.

"I'm gonna go get changed, babe. I'll bring you something, too. Back in a bit."

He kissed me on the top of my head and bounded off towards his room. I stared at the giant big screen TV and tried in vain to organize my thoughts.

"If it wouldn't be an insult, I would write you a check for everything you've done for my son," came the familiar voice of Daniel's mom. I turned by wrote, still a little in shock and numb, to find her ensconced behind the big kitchen island. She wore a gorgeous white and gold sleeveless dress and held her keys in her hands. She smiled at my warmly.

"Sorry, sweet pea," she said gently. "Didn't mean to startle you."

"You didn't, Ma'am. I'm sorry, Daniel just surprised me is all. Still processing it."

She beamed at me.

"So he decided to share MVP, did he? God, I love that boy. We did

good with him, didn't we?"

"You KNEW!" I squeaked.

She nodded gently.

"He's my special boy. We've always been close. He asked my advice when Coach B told him he'd be getting MVP a few days back."

Any organization of my thoughts and emotions I had been able to achieve to that point was once again thrown into massive disarray.

"So...," I mumbled sheepishly, unsure why I was still hesitant when the truth was very apparent. "So, you...know, then? About us?"

She nodded again.

"I saw the way he looked at you that first day you came here to tutor him. Didn't want to assume anything, but it's become more and more clear that my Daniel has found his first true love in you. And, my sweet boy, his father and I couldn't be more thrilled for the both of you."

I wanted to cry. So I did.

Hot tears streamed down my face. I couldn't have stopped them if I'd tried. Daniel's mom rushed towards me on beautiful white high heels that click-clacked against the tiled floor. She sat down next to me on the couch. Before I could react my head was cradled on her shoulder and her gentle hand smoothed my hair.

"Hush now, sweet boy. No need for the tears. My son loves you and you obviously love my son, right?"

I nodded against her shoulder and the tear continued to flow.

"So much it hurts sometimes," I sobbed quietly.

"Shhh," she quieted me tenderly. "He's my son and I will love him no matter what. Forever. You love him and he loves you. That makes you family, sweet pea. You'll have a home here for as long as you want it. Quiet those tears now. It's a happy time."

She pushed my head from her shoulder and wiped my tears from my cheeks and placed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

I nodded to her, my eyes still watery, my heart expanding in my chest. It was all just so much. The Banquet, Daniel, and now his Mamma. I never thought it possible for a heart to break from happiness, but I was rapidly pushing towards that possibility.

"I just came to grab our keys. My husband has the memory God gave a goldfish and left them on the hook. We are headed out for the evening and Adam is back at Vanderbilt until next weekend. You take care of my special boy okay? Be good to him, and be safe."

"I promise."

She kissed my cheek again and wiped an errant tear from my skin.

"Call us if you need us. I'm off!"

She rose from the couch and scuttled towards the garage door. Before closing it behind her, she flashed me a motherly smile that very nearly set my waterworks flowing all over again.

She was gone when Daniel returned, dressed now in a pair of flannel Pajama bottoms and a black tank top, a similar outfit over his arms for me. He must have misread my tear stained face because he dropped the clothes the moment he saw me and rushed towards me instantly. In a flash my head was on his chest and he, like his mother before him, stroked my hair and quieted my fears.

DAMackey
DAMackey
981 Followers