Spell, Crook and Handle Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jesus Christ," Fitz gasped.

"No way," Longshadow cried out.

"As I live and breathe," William said as he crossed himself.

"Is that what I think it is," Amanda asked not believing her eyes.

"Dear God... in the water," Amelia shrieked.

"Impossible, that's just not possible," David wept.

Rudolf Zeiss was the only one to remain silent at the unimaginable scene before them. The blazing angelic figured hovered in the eye of the storm. Its glittering crystalline wings must have spanned miles across and the burning sword in its grasp a mile from the pommel to the tip. The unspeakable entity thrust up from the crushing depths was a mass of tentacles, eyes, mouths and a perpetually shifting form that made the mind lose focus and push it towards madness. The pilots desperately tried to reenter the safety of the typhoon but a single casual gesture from the angel rent the plane and its occupants to dispersed atoms. Archimedes perished at the whim of the Watcher and barely a footnote in its perception or memory.

"Pray continue," Dagon, son of the Dreamer in the Depths said.

"Twice he has thwarted me," the Watcher roared.

"Did you expect him to just roll over and die? He is protecting his family after all. I have discovered that mortals are hard wired to do so. I find his activities quite entertaining as does my father and his allies. We will not intervene one way or the other. The other Nameless have been ordered to cease any and all interaction with him or any of his kindred. I am afraid you are on your own Watcher."

"That is fine. I feared the Key and Gate would aid him in this final encounter. I will crush him. He will be less than ash when I am done with him."

"All of this over a single demon, true she was the First to Fall. But is your own damnation bride price enough for vengeance? He wasn't even the one who burned the tome. I fear your anger is misplaced."

"I have already dealt with that one. I will savage his heart and rend his soul and only then will I let him perish."

"You Watchers really are drama queens. I have spoken my part for the Nameless. Go and do your will Michael and when you Fall, I will be there to embrace you."

The storm broke apart as suddenly as it manifested. The satellite watched its death and all those at the air base and worldwide mourned the passing of those brave souls that had dared to venture into its unknown heart.

The storm struck suddenly and forced the people in the city to run for cover. It was just about closing time at the main branch of the library. Lily was just finishing up when the lights flickered all over the library. She looked around and shrugged it off. Must be the storm, she thought. Her ever-present shadow, the Inquisitor, wasn't so sure. He took out the relic from around his neck and settled his hand on the butt of his gauss pistol. Lily shivered as the temperature dropped but there was no reason for it. She heard a gurgling sound and spun to see her protector drop dead to the hard unyielding floor. She looked up at the man in the long coat and instinctively took a step back.

"Hello Lily," Michael said. "We need to talk."

1...345678