Stand for Love Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck!" He was really getting out of his mind. "What the fuck did I do?"

He felt like he was having a hangover which had hit really badly. He needed a shower to help him think and relax. Yes, that was what he was going to do.

Getting up from the bed, yawning, Nicholas stretched and got ready to hit the shower.

"Thief," He heard another voice.

So it had not been a dream after all, Nicholas thought as he wondered who could have been screaming. And why would a thief enter his house with the tight security that was at the gate? There were two armed guards at the gate so it was just impossible.

"Please, come out and see."

"It's my mother," Nicholas whispered. He was now worried because his mother wouldn't shout out like that without a better reason. He had to go and check it out himself.

Adding speed to his legs, Nicholas quickly rushed out of the room to the stairs. He froze there when he saw his family members climbing down the stairs. He quickly joined them, rushing down the stairs till they reached the living room.

***

Adrian's eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. Victoria was shouting out that a thief had just been caught and he had no idea what to do. As he was looking around, his fear increased when he saw the family members rushing down the stairs. Everyone was coming and he couldn't help but tremble.

"What is it Victoria?" Emily asked, rushing to the living room. "Who's the thief?"

Victoria was filled with a myriad of emotions with happiness being the least. Everyone was in the living room and she couldn't wait to see the expression on their faces. It was too early for trouble, perfect for her plans. There was nothing as beautiful as causing trouble in the morning.

"Just look for yourself," Victoria slightly moved, signaling everyone to the load of money that was all over the floor. "The thief is right in front of you."

Nicholas suddenly stopped, looking down on the floor. There was so much money, a lot to even feed the whole house in a year and it was all on the floor. He traced the money till he reached legs. Trembling, not trying to believe his hunch, Nicholas traced his eyes till he reached the handsome face, Adrian's face.

Seeing that it was Adrian, Nicholas started breathing violently, clenching his fists. Tears formed in his eyes and he looked straight at the boy in front of him. He was suddenly struck by a terrible pain that made him touch his chest in pain. He wondered just what Adrian had turned into. So he was after the money after all?

"Adrian!" Emily muttered, her hands slightly shaking. "Did you..."

"What can he say?" Victoria yelled, angrily looking at his face. "He was caught by surprise that's it. He never expected to see me up this early so I caught him by surprise and he dropped the bag and the money fell."

Adrian's heart was racing. Everyone's faces looked angry and he had no idea the extent of that anger. How could Victoria stoop so low as to frame him for such a thing? It was clear the woman was ready to go to any extent to achieve her selfish motives.

"How...how did you even..."

"I'll tell you," Victoria said, getting closer to everyone. "He somehow stole the money from our safe. He had been trying to figure out the key code for our safe and when he figured it out, he took the money from it while we were all at the party yesterday. And I think he might have stolen one of our ATMs and..."

Adrian's breaths were becoming faster. He couldn't believe Victoria would frame him like that. It was really so painful and he had no idea what else she had planned for him.

"He was only back for money," Victoria added. "He pretended to come back for his husband so that he could buy some time to steal the money. After he got it, he tried to sneak out early in the morning but unlucky for him, Jake and I were going out to his house to discuss some things. He's been caught red handed."

"You," Noah bellowed, clenching on his fists. "How dare you do this? Wasn't it enough that you'd hurt our brother?"

Adrian couldn't move. He was frozen and couldn't move an inch. His eyes were now staring at Noah who looked at him with so much hatred. He had no idea that kind of hatred even existed.

"What can he say?" Arianna snapped. "I knew he had come back with a motive. He's really so shameless and yet he tried to trap Nicholas so that he could steal from him."

Nicholas was fuming. He had so much energy in him, making him stronger and angrier. All the love that he felt for Nicholas turned into instant anger. He was sweating terribly and he felt like his heart was on fire. So Adrian had the guts to do this again? It was really painful especially when she thought hard about it.

"This is the limit." Noah snapped, breathing like a big bull. "How dare you try this again? Just who do you think you are?"

Adrian moved in head in rejection, looking straight at Noah. He needed to say something before everything totally went out of control. He couldn't afford a slap or anything else.

"Noah, please..."

"Don't you fucking call my name?" Noah yelled, fuming. "Never, ever call my name in your life again. I hate you so much for causing us so much pain."

"But..."

"Shut the fuck up!" Noah yelled, abruptly rushing towards Adrian with his hands clenched. He was ready to punch the boy and make him bleed. He didn't care the consequences but his anger was intensifying and he had to vent it out on someone, Adrian.

Furiously rushing towards Adrian, Noah felt a hand grip him and he stopped furiously. He looked past his shoulder and saw granny holding his hand, trying to make him calm. He looked in her eyes and he felt calm. She was literally telling him to calm down and he obeyed. How could she even tell him to calm down after what had happened, Nicholas wondered, slowly releasing his fist into hands. He couldn't bear to disobey his granny but that didn't mean that he was weak.

"I can't believe this," Emily muttered, tears building in his eyes. "How can someone who was so innocent turn into..." She frowned. She couldn't bear to say the word. "...when you came into this house I was really happy for my nephew. I thought he had done what was best and I loved you a lot. How did you turn out to be...?"

"Money," Victoria hollered, looking straight at Adrian. "How do you expect the boy to act when he's not seen so much money in his life? He saw my son and he foolishly trapped him with only one motive, to get some money from him. When he couldn't get a thing the last time, he came back and stole money from our safes and judging from all this money, from our accounts too. He's really so shameless."

Adrian looked at Victoria and gave her a fierce angry look. He knew she was a great actress and she had framed him, again but she was getting on his nerves. Just because she was Nicholas' mother didn't give her the right to meddle in his affairs.

On the other hand, George was confused, rolling his eyes. He couldn't believe what was going on. He had a lot of questions ringing in his mind. He couldn't believe Adrian was framed again when he had the evidence with him. He wondered how he was letting Victoria talk to him in that manner. Just what was happening to Adrian? He felt like he couldn't just stand there and do nothing.

"Aunt, why are..." He trailed off once he saw Adrian signaling him to stop talking, making him wonder why Adrian was telling him to stop. He was supposed to be exposing Victoria and Jake, not the other way around.

Seeing the drama before him and feeling helpless, George moved away angrily and sat on the couch. He felt helpless and had no idea how to make everyone see the real truth.

"I knew the only way he came back was for the money." Arianna snapped, looking right at Adrian. "There is nothing he could have come back for. He had lost his husband's love...the family's trust and even his respect."

Nicholas was totally fuming while everything was being said. He felt helpless and like he was a vessel for anger. He couldn't move but he was trembling terribly, clenching on his fists as sweat poured from him. Despite the anger he felt, he couldn't do a thing because something deep inside of him was preventing him to do so.

He raised his face and stared at the boy who looked vulnerable and guilty right in front of him. There was so much money that he didn't even know what to say. His heart was pounding painfully deep in his chest. The pain he felt was more than the one he'd felt before. Adrian had once again broken his heart.

Moving his eyes away from Victoria, Adrian got a glimpse of his husband just standing in front of him from afar. He was frozen, locking his eyes with him. He didn't know what to say but from those wonderful green eyes he could clearly see anger, rage, pain and hatred. All those things were getting ready to explode. Fuck! There was nothing more painful than seeing Nicholas looking vulnerable and yet angry.

"You want money, right?" Victoria yelled. "It was what you always wanted but guess what?" She said, blocking Adrian's view of his husband. "You're nothing but a gold-digger and a whore. I always knew you were up to something. You pretended to love my son and you came back and did the same..."

"Don't worry," Noah bellowed, slowly releasing his hand from his granny's grip. "We now know how he is. He is just a thief and I know where thieves end up."

Noah was more than angry. What he felt for Adrian was nothing but pure hatred for doing what he had just done. He had been nothing but a pain in the ass. He had never thought that a boy he loved so much would hurt them like that. He had become as if he was possessed and only wanted their money. Whatever it was that he had come back to do in the house, Noah was sure he had gotten it. Now it was time for him to leave and let them have some peace of mind.

"What did you say when you came back?" Noah asked, panting so heavily. "You said you were back here for your husband. But I knew that there was a motive behind all of this."

Saying that, he looked at his brother who had tears in his eyes. He quickly went to him and stood right in front of him, eyeing Adrian like the most irritating thing that he'd ever seen in his life.

"Just look at him." Noah yelled, pointing his finger at Nicholas. "This is the same man that you had hurt a few days ago. Just what do you want from us?" He yelled, furiously dropping his hand. "Is it the money or to hurt us?"

Adrian gulped, looking straight at Noah.

"Tell me," Noah yelled, rushing towards him. "What is it that you really want?" He came closer to Adrian, crossing his arms on his chest in anger. "I can't believe that people like you exist. I thought my brother could live happily with you but..." He paused as a tear fell to his cheek. He was hurting for his brother. He couldn't bear to see him like that. "...you just had to..." He couldn't bear it anymore. He didn't even want to see him. "...leave the house before I call the police." Noah yelled in Adrian's face. "I said leave!" He saw the boy tremble at his voice. He knew his voice was loud and hoarse and he loved it like that. He needed to show him the truth.

On the other hand, Adrian just looked at Noah without uttering any word. He knew he was angry and probably hated him because of a lie which had ruined almost everyone's lives, bringing nothing but sadness to them. What they had no idea of was that the cause of all the troubles was their mother and Jake. How would they react if they ever found out exactly what she'd done?

"Are you deaf?" Noah yelled, angrily looking at him. "Leave!"

Adrian took a few steps backwards. He feared Noah a lot because the guy was someone whose anger he had come to fear. He knew from his breaths that Noah was ready to snap if he wasn't careful. His heart was pounding in his chest as his breaths became fast and full of fear. Moving his eyes away, he got a glimpse of George sitting on the couch, angrily looking at him. Adrian was sorry for bringing him into all this but he needed to keep him out of it. No one would listen from the word of the mouth unless some evidence was shown.

He took a glance of granny and the old woman was worried. She knew everything but couldn't anything. Adrian apologized with his eyes and then looked at his husband. Oh Nicholas, he breathed deeply, he was really a good husband. Too bad he had an evil mother.

After a moment's reflection, Adrian took the courage, breathed in deeply and sighed.

"Noah, listen to..."

"Didn't you hear me?" Noah quavered, gripping his arm with such power, it hurt. "Maybe you want me to..."

"Wait!" Victoria hollered, coming closer to her son.

Looking at Adrian, she could clearly see that he was in pain. From those eyes, she could tell that Adrian was in pain, making her happy and excited. There was nothing she wanted more than what was happening. It was going quite beautiful and...even more beautiful than she'd thought it would go. Everyone was angry at Adrian and that was really beautiful to her. It was only a matter of time before he was kicked out. Her happiness was not complete though, Adrian was not crying. His eyes were almost dry but she didn't care as long as he was about to leave.

"There is something that he has to do first." Victoria said angrily, flipping her hand in there.

"What?" Noah bellowed, tightening his grip on Adrian's arm.

"He has to divorce my son." Victoria said, looking confidently at Adrian with a mocking grin on her face. "He can have the damn money but I want him to divorce my son. I want him to release my son from all these miseries that he's brought upon my son."

Adrian looked at Victoria, locking his eyes with hers. His breaths increased...he clenched at fists as he gave her anger. She replied by squinting her eyes, literally laughing at him.

Nicholas heard divorce and he became like a shadow. So many questions were running through his mind and he had no idea how to find answers to them. The only one who could answer those questions was on Adrian but somehow Nicholas didn't want to talk to him because he feared he'd break down and cry in front of everyone. The pain was too much even as he stood there.

Looking straight in the direction of Adrian, Nicholas saw his mother quickly turn and she was now coming to him. He tried to swallow the pain and make eye contact with her but all he felt was intense anger. He had no idea just what to do with everything that was going on. As he saw her coming to him, it actually made him scared because he knew exactly what she was going to tell him.

Taking a soft breath and letting go of his fists, Nicholas took a step backwards as his mother neared. He had no more strength left in him because Adrian had drained all of them out. So the boy had only come back for the money and he'd made him confess to his feeling. That actually hurt a lot and the pain was unbearable. He felt like he was going to die. He loved Adrian a lot and though that pain was too much, the love was intensifying and he had no idea what to do. It was like anger was trying to make him hurt Adrian but his love was pulling him back. Never had he felt like that and he didn't want to hear it.

"My son," Victoria muttered, giving him a pitiful face. She dropped her crazy attitude and gave him one filled with a lot of sympathy. "Please, what do you have to say regarding this issue? You saw exactly what happened and I don't want him to continue playing with you. He was about to leave anyway so can you..." She paused when she saw tears building in her son's eyes. He quickly looked away and she felt empty. "...sign the divorce papers and...free yourself from this gold-digger."

Adrian knew that she was talking about him but he wasn't even bothered. She'd told him he had lost the game and that it was all over. He agreed with her. The game was over. There was no point talking but that divorce thing...seriously she had planned it a long time ago.

"You'll sign them, right?" Victoria asked, trying to get a glimpse of her son's face.

Nicholas was feeling worse than he'd ever felt before. He couldn't say a thing because this time there was gonna be no one to stop the signing of the papers like Adrian had done the last time. Adrian had just been caught stealing his money but that didn't bother him at all. What bothered him was the divorce issue. He was really angry that he just wanted to divorce Adrian but he also loved him a lot that the very thought of divorcing him actually brought tears to his eyes. It was really painful.

Victoria's heart was racing, impatiently waiting for the answer from Nicholas. To her surprise he just remained silent and had his eyes moved away from her. Sure, he might have been hurt but he needed to sign those papers or it would all be over for her. First it was Adrian who had torn the papers and now Nicholas was refusing to do it? Seriously, Victoria was gonna make him sign them because she'd been keeping them for so long.

"I guess we have our answer." Victoria muttered, smiling at everyone. "When one is silent, it means that he is agreeing, right?"

"Yes," Arianna said softly. "But where are we going to get the papers now?"

"I still have them." Victoria had those papers delivered to her early in the morning. "And don't ask me where I got them."

"Its fine, mom," Noah said hoarsely, taking a quick look behind. "Just go and get those papers so that we can..." He looked at Adrian with an almost equal look of hatred. "...get rid of him before he destroys us all."

Hearing Noah's words, Adrian looked at him with a sad sigh. He knew that Noah was gonna make him sign the papers unlike he'd done the last time. This time he could see the determination in Noah's eyes and they showed him nothing but anger and hatred. The love he'd seen in them was gone and probably never coming back. From the breaths that were almost hitting his face, Adrian could feel so much anger emanating from Noah. Gee! The guy gave him chills.

Looking at her son happily, Victoria sighed deeply. "I'll get them."

After saying that she went up the stairs to pick up the papers, smiling and almost chuckling for Jake and her victory. There was nothing beautiful and breathtakingly amazing than that. It was not gonna be long and the boy would leave the house, she thought as she rushed up those wonderful stairs.

Adrian watched her every step and his breaths became violent and hard. He watched her climb gracefully up the stairs, walking like she was in a competition and hurrying up. The woman was really eager to let him go.

"You're really shameless." Adrian quickly diverted his face to see Jake standing right in front of him. "And you called me heartless. Maybe I should have dealt with you harder so that you wouldn't have messed with Nicholas."

Did Jake just speak? Adrian couldn't believe it. So Jake had the nerves to speak about Nicholas in front of the family members. And he had the nerves to call him 'shameless.' If not the fact that he was dumbstruck and leaving the house he'd have given the guy his piece of mind. But he chose to remain quiet and let him speak anything that he wanted.

"He's not worth our time." Arianna snarled, furiously looking at Adrian. "People like him should just be ignored. They don't deserve to be happy. They deserve to suffer."

"You're right." Clara said with a gloomy sigh. "He's done nothing but turned Nicholas into something that he was not. He's made our family pass through some painful things and...he was ready to kill just for his selfish motives. He's dangerous and should have been in jail if you ask me."

Adrian didn't care about the words that anyone was saying. His eyes were only for his husband who was looking hurt and depressed. Seeing him in the condition he was in added to the pain Adrian was feeling. He looked at him closely and saw that his face was turned away from everyone's view. God, he wondered what his husband was thinking.

123456...8