Stand for Love Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I should have...I should have..." There was terrible pain in Nicholas' throat that seemed to take all his strength away. He didn't even know what to say so that he could apologize to the angel before him. "I should have..."

Adrian felt the pain emanating from Nicholas. It affected him too and he had to get his husband out of his misery. Taking a deep sigh, Adrian slowly moved his hand to touch his husband and tell him that everything was alright and that he loved him a lot.

"I...I...am sorry," Nicholas apologized. Then he quickly turned and left the living room crying, heading for the exit door.

By the time Adrian reached where Nicholas had been it was too late as he was already rushing towards the exit door. He left him feeling empty and longing for his touch. He looked in his direction and saw him running outside, crying heavily. His heart broke at what he saw. He wanted to run after his husband, tell him that he had forgiven him long before this and hug him. But what he found strange was the fact that he couldn't move an inch. He was frozen where he stood.

"I'll take care of it," George said as he ran after his friend.

"Thanks." Adrian mumbled. His eyes never left the door which Nicholas had left from. He just wanted him to come back and kiss the pain that he was feeling.

After moments of staring at the door, Adrian moved his eyes. He took one final glance at the family members and then slowly turned around. He was heading for the stairs because he couldn't afford to inflict any more pain on his family.

Adrian slowly walked to the stair case when all of a sudden, he heard a voice.

"Adrian, please wait."

Adrian slowly turned, tears flooding his face to see Noah looking vulnerable and lost because of what had happened. He hadn't planned on hurting them at all. It was really affecting him and he needed to apologize to him after what had happened.

Adrian slowly walked to the living room, to the places where the family members were looking vulnerable with their eyes dropped to the floor. He was not happy seeing them like that even though they had told him really bad things.

"I'm truly sorry for..." Adrian trailed off when he saw the most shocking thing that could have happened at that time. Just right in front of him Noah knelt down on the floor holding his ears like a little child. Adrian saw the tears flooding his face.

"I'm sorry," Noah muttered, pinching on his ears. "I was supposed to be an elder brother to you but I was just an ass. I should have trusted you but..." He paused and sobbed. He was looking really vulnerable. "...I chose to believe lies and hurt you in the process. I said some really bad things to you and I'll curse myself for it as long as I live on this earth." He cried loudly, dropping his eyes to the floor.

Noah's tears traced down his cheeks to his chin and fell to the floor. Adrian had seen Noah's anger but now he was seeing his weakest side and he didn't look good at all. The guy was saying some touching words and Adrian couldn't resist.

"Noah, please..."

"No," Noah cried loudly. "Let me say everything. I'm really such a fool and to think that I had promised to take care of you as my brother. I have failed in my duties as a brother and as a person. The truth is that I'm really hurting because of all this. The greatest pain of all is insulting you and saying all kinds of things to you. I even wanted to divorce you from my brother. I'm such an asshole." He cried. "I just hope you can forgive me for everything that I've done. If not for me none of that would have happened. Please," He cried, dropping to the floor. "Please forgive me for everything. I'm really sorry. I'll be the best brother to you if you forgive me. I beg you." The tears that poured out of Noah's eyes were like chili powder. They were burning him and the pain was too much.

Noah blamed himself for everything that had happened. Had he not left the city his mother wouldn't have faked to poison herself? Had he insisted on checking and examining her after the fake poisoning he'd have found the truth. But now he hated his mother for doing what she did. She was even ready to inflict more pain on all of them just to make Adrian pay. It was really, really painful and Nicholas cried a lot. He'd never cried like that before but he couldn't live without Adrian's forgiveness.

Adrian on the other hand was hurting. He had no idea how he could just let Noah cry that. Seeing him on the floor embarrassing him crying was the height of it all. Adrian couldn't just allow him to be like that. He needed to release the poor man since he kinda did it because he didn't know the truth.

Taking a deep sigh, Adrian slowly started moving towards Noah so that he could get him out of his misery. He was almost near before he suddenly stopped and froze.

"All my life," Emily sobbed. "I always wanted a son who I didn't have. When I saw you I thought I had found that son and that's why I showed you lots of love. I loved you a lot. What went wrong? How could I have been so stupid as to not see that it was my sister who had done that to you? I'm really stupid and I deserve to be punished for everything."

Adrian looked at granny and she was smiling brightly, holding her arms together. It was clear that she was to some extent enjoying what was going on. Come to think of it, Adrian couldn't believe it was happening. Emily was apologizing to him right in front of everyone. It actually brought more tears to his eyes. Seeing a woman like her on her knees was really emotional. It felt beautiful and bad at the same time.

"Aunt,"

'No, Adrian." Emily sobbed, rubbing her tears. "I know what you are gonna say but I'm sorry I won't do that." She cried. "I need to do this. You deserve even more than what I'm doing because you have a beautiful soul. I was only blinded by a lie that I couldn't see past the boy I considered to be my son. All I want is to ask for forgiveness for everything that I did. My greatest sin is not to believe you and I want to get punished for it. I'm such a foolish woman."

"Aunt, please..."

"And me," Arianna cried, sobbing uncontrollably. She couldn't even make eye contact with him. "I was a bitch to you. I followed my mother blindly and insulted you. I was the one who had caused so much trouble to you. How do I even start asking for forgiveness for everything?" She sobbed as hot tears left her eyes. "After everything that I have said in the past five days, I deserve to be called a fool, a bitch, a whore, an idiot and every bad name on the street. I deserve to be alone when I couldn't even see the good in you.

I couldn't even differentiate between what was good and what was evil." She cried loudly. Her cries were becoming painful and loud. "You're a really good boy and I don't kneel here for myself but for my brother. He's suffered a lot and he had hurt you too. He had hurt you so much." She sobbed, wailing. "Please, for my brother's sake please forgive him and take him back. Please, take him back and let your light shine in his life again. I don't care about me but let him be happy again." She wailed. Tears were flooded on her beautiful face. "Take him back. I don't deserve to be forgiven."

Adrian felt really bad for all of them. They looked so vulnerable but not as vulnerable as Noah. Seeing him lying on the floor, crying and sobbing so badly was the height of everything. He was a really handsome guy, reach and kindhearted. The only reason he'd been like that was because he loved his mother and brother a lot. Maybe he needed to forgive them all and live peacefully with them.

"Sons and daughters in law of the house need to stand by each other," Clara muttered, tears already flooding her face. "They need to stand together and make the family strong. That was what I was taught by my grandmother before I even got married. I guess she had wasted her time because I didn't apply it as she taught me. Instead of standing by my brother, I did the contrary and followed what I saw. I was so blinded by anger and pain of my husband that I couldn't even think properly about you. I shouldn't have done what I did. I said some pretty bad things and I rejected you and insulted along with everyone else." She sighed as she gulped, rubbing the tears from her face. "I deserve to be punished for being such a bad daughter in law. I deserve nothing but punishment." She cried. "I'm truly sorry. I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. Please, forgive me for every pain that I have inflicted on you."

More tears flooded his face as he closed his eyes. He slightly opened them and looked at the people kneeling down and wailing. They were really pitiful and their sounds were breaking Adrian's heart. He stood in front of them without saying a word to them. He just watched as they begged him endlessly to forgive them. Almost five minutes passed, watching as they suffered and wailed. Hmm, it was painful to watch.

Without any hint of what he was gonna do in that situation, Adrian moved his eyes and stared at granny's glowing eyes. She seemed happy and he knew he was gonna get an answer from her. As expected, after a few seconds she smiled brightly and nodded her head in agreement. Adrian nodded back and looked at the people before him.

He took a deep gloomy sigh, breathed faster and slightly closed his eyes in readiness of what to say to them.

"You're all my family members and even though you all hated me during that time," He took a deep breath. "I still loved you a lot because I knew it was because of a lie and the great love that you have for my husband." He sobbed, rubbing the tear that fell down his cheeks. "I must admit, it was really painful and at times I felt like crying..."

"We are truly sorry,"

"But when I came back, I came with courage and determination." He laughed bitterly, rubbing his tears. "Your attitude towards me gave me power, strength and the will to fight for you all. I stood for love because of you." He chuckled. "You're all my family and I love you a lot. I can't stand being away from you or staying mad at you." He smiled as a tear ran down his cheeks. "Like my mother said, to human is to error but to forgive is divine." He sobbed softly as he remembered his mother. "I'll let bygones be bygones."

Adrian took one deep breath. "I forgive you for everything." He smiled.

They all gasped at that and Adrian swore their wails increased and so did their sobs. He looked up at Noah and saw him quickly getting up with red eyes. It was emotional. Before he could even blink, Noah had him a tight hug that left him feeling warm and cozy.

"Thank you so much." Noah cried as he held him tightly. "I promise to be the best brother ever." Adrian cried with Noah and felt the pain get low. His mind was still on Nicholas and what he was going to do. He just hoped he was gonna be alright.

After Noah, Arianna hugged him and apologized again and then hugged him, promising to be the best sister ever. Then Emily did and she sobbed uncontrollably and promised to be like a good mother to him. It was really emotional and he cried with her. After Emily, he hugged Clara and she promised to work him through everything.

After it was all over, Adrian felt like a big weight had been lifted off of him. He felt light but he was still worried about Nicholas. He trusted George was gonna make him calm and bring him safely, he hoped. He very well knew Nicholas wouldn't do something stupid. It just wasn't possible.

After hugging all of them individually, Adrian hugged all of them together and smiled brightly. Their eyes were red but they seemed happy for a change. He loved them a lot and he was happy for getting them happy. He was just hoping Nicholas would come early. Adrian wanted to stay with them but he figured he needed to be alone and think things through. He excused himself.

Smiling brightly and excusing himself, Adrian went upstairs to another room, leaving them happy and hugging each other. He had a lot to let go of so he went upstairs to another room.

Adrian couldn't wait for Nicholas to come back.

*****

Nicholas drove like a mad man at top speed, crying and sobbing uncontrollably. After what he had been doing to Adrian he couldn't face him anymore. He had been a stupid fool and deserved to suffer or even die for what he had done. He had promised the boy that he'd live happily with him yet he was also the one who had caused pain to him.

He held on to the driving wheel with all his might, shake like a leaf. He'd even forgotten the number of times he had almost lost control of the car but he didn't care. All that he wanted to do was dying and let the pain go away from him. He couldn't bear it. He felt he needed to be punished for what he had done to Adrian. He felt he needed to let everything go. He didn't deserve Adrian because he was such a fool for being so stupid with the boy that he loved so much.

Nicholas felt Adrian needed someone better to be with him. Nicholas wasn't that man. He didn't deserve a boy like Adrian. In fact, he didn't deserve anyone at all because he was such a fool. He needed to die alone and that's why he was gonna allow Adrian to go and find someone better than him. It was really painful and he just wanted to die.

Keeping his hand firmly on the wheel as tears flooded his face and pain got him all messed up, Nicholas was only headed for one place, the little beach on the outskirts of town where George and he used to play at when they were just little kids. He was determined to reach there and he was driving at top speed not caring whether he'd be involved in an accident or not. Maybe it would just be better to die just like his father so that the pain could go away.

George on the other hand was really worried. He too was driving at top speed, wiping tears from his face and following Nicholas' car which was a little bit further from him. He was worried because he had no freaking idea what his friend was bound to do. He was just praying that his friend wouldn't do something really stupid to himself in the condition that he was in. His heart was racing and his body temperature was high. Thinking about his best friend's condition was getting him a little bit emotional and he just wanted to be with him and comfort him.

"Nic," George breathed, pushing his foot further on the accelerator as he tried to reach his friend's car. "Don't you dare do anything stupid to yourself? I won't forgive you if you do and...I will make sure you burn in hell if you try anything foolish."

Wiping his tear as his body trembled and his anger intensified, George drove like a mad man. From the direction that his friend was headed, he knew that he was going to the little beach on the outskirts of town. He was really praying Nicholas doesn't do anything foolish.

Nicholas reached the little beach after about an hour of driving like a mad. He pulled over and the car almost threw him out but thanks to the belt he was wearing. He quickly unbuckled the belt and without even switching off the engine, he opened the door and ran out crying without even bothering to close it. He was in pain and he just wanted to die.

He ran as fast as he could to the sea which was almost roaring over and over. He was in pain and running didn't help things either. All he wanted to do was punish himself for it. He neared the shore, stood still, feeling the water reaching his feet and froze.

Standing on the sea shore, Nicholas cried as the pain made him wish to drown himself. But then he felt a powerful vibration throughout his body which made him lose his strength. He had no strength to stand so he found himself sitting on the shore while the water which was being driven to the sea by a wave swept to his feet. He cried, dropping his face to the ground while he shouted out in pain.

"Adrian!" Nicholas screamed, raising his face to shout out in the air. "Why?"

Nicholas had never felt such pain in his life before. All that pain was caused by his mother and he hated her for it. He wished she had not been his mother. He wished his father had been alive and his mother had died.

"Adrian!" Nicholas couldn't stop screaming out in pain but it didn't seem to help out with anything.

After moments of endless screams, Nicholas gave up and dropped his eyes to the ground. He cried out in silence as a really sharp headache made him cry even more. Damn, the pain was too much to bear.

On the other hand, George reached the beach and quickly parked his car when he saw Nicholas' car just in front of him. He got out and went straight to it.

George got the shock of his life when he found the door open, the engine still on and no sign of his best friend. A tear fell from his eyes when he looked around to find that Nicholas was nowhere to be seen. Stupid, mindless thoughts came to his head but he couldn't believe any of it. His friend couldn't end it just like that. He just couldn't do something like that.

He quickly switched off the engine, closed the door and looked all around. His heart was racing and his breaths just became painful. It was like his whole body suddenly got hot and painful like someone had just tortured. He didn't believe that Nicholas had ended it all because it was impossible. Looking around, there was still no sign of Nicholas but that didn't mean that he had ended it all. George needed to find him and put him in his right frame of mind and then reunite him with his husband.

"Nicholas you bastard," George breathed, slowly looking around. "Don't you fucking do anything stupid? Adrian is waiting for you and I promised to bring you back safe and sound."

With one final deep breath, George abruptly began running towards the sea. He was filled with tears as he ran there because he had no idea what he was going to find. What if he finds his best friend lying in the water, dead? But that wasn't possible. It just wasn't possible. Thinking about death actually made him more scared than he had ever been in his life. He needed to find him as soon as possible.

As he neared the sea, he stopped and froze. He thanked God for hearing his prayers. He was happy that his best friend was just sitting on the shore crying and looking really bad. It was painful to watch but guess he had to pass through that to make up for what he had done to Adrian.

Without even a brink, George ran towards Nicholas, knelt down and touched his friend's shoulder. He saw him move his face towards him and it was flooded with tears. His eyes were blood red and they were swollen. George didn't like what he saw even for one bit.

Nicholas raised his face to stare into the face of his best friend. It was really painful and he felt so vulnerable. He didn't even know what to say to his friend. He didn't know where to begin with everything. What was worse was that he couldn't even stand to look at him so he dropped his eyes again and continued crying.

"Stop crying and let's go home." George sighed, slowly rubbing his best friend's back.

"I can't bear it." Nicholas cried. "I'm such a fool and I deserve to die. I don't deserve to live because of what I did to him. I didn't trust him when he was telling the truth. I committed a big sin and I don't think I deserve to live."

"Yes," George rubbed his tear off. "You do deserve to live. Adrian still needs you in his life and..."

"No," Nicholas yelped, sobbing. "I don't think I deserve someone like Adrian. He deserves someone better than me. What kind of husband am I? I didn't even trust someone I love. I don't deserve to live. I deserve to die. The pain is just too much."

"Please," George begged as he felt a really sharp pain make him weak. "Don't say and..."

"I just wanna die." He cried. "I caused him so much pain. I broke the vow I made to make him happy and trust him. I can't bear all this pain anymore."

"No," George said as he tried to rub his friend's tears which seemed to have a mind of its own. "It was Aunt Victoria and Jake that caused him pain."

1...345678