Starlight Gleaming Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lean back and let me hold you," I told her. "You are my woman, Janetta Tlacotli, and I am your man. Your crew are your family, and they are mine, too. Know that I love you, and I live to see you happy, safe, and doing what you want to - which is flying."

It was the quiet music emanating from the television that caught my attention. I looked up and recognized the actress, Susanni Luttoria. It was the Atlantean melodrama, All My Progeny, the show Calia used to watch. The cameras panned into a rich veranda, where Susanni talked to a young man, while a young woman hovered nearby.

I laughed. "Are you watching this?"

"Oh, please," Janetta rolled her eyes. "I can't turn it off or change the channels. The dialog is boring. All the women talk about is how much their men earn, or how fertile they are, or they scheme against other women."

In the years since I had last seen the show, Susanni had gone from mother to grandmother. Listening to her speak, I deduced she was trying to get the grand niece to marry the oldest grandson to keep the vinyards within the family.

The subtitles on the screen were a sedate version of what the actors were saying. The subtitles read, 'He will make you a happy woman and give you a lot of fine children.'

What grandmother actually said was, 'My grandson will drill you hard and often, coating your womb so that your pussy comes in joy. You will beg him to breed you many times.'

I translated it for Janetta, and she blinked. "Are you kidding me? She actually said that?"

The young man spoke, and screen subtitle read, 'How do I know if Halia wants me?' "What he actually said was, 'How do I know if Halia's pussy is good enough to make me come inside her?"

The heads of the others turned to look at the screen, intrigued.

'I need a man to deal with the state. What is important to me is if he will be a good husband.' "What she said was, 'Yes, I need a man to be the head of the household, but more importantly, I want to know if he can make me come when I want it?'"

Just then, the door opened, and in walked Captain Tanosca with Orchid. At least I think it was Orchid. Melannee still had the black wig and brown eye contacts, but instead of the Imperial Security dress uniform with a commander's bars and diamonds, she wore a second sergeant's Air Service summer blues, with the name Innati over her breast pocket. The rings under her eyes, from lack of sleep, were enormous.

Janetta, who had started to enjoy my translating, immediately stiffened, even letting out a quiet growl.

I got up off the bed, giving the captain a salute.

"Don't fuss with that," Tanosca told me. "I'm just here at the Commander's request, and to see how my pilot is doing. Lieutenant Tlacotli, I'm told you surprised the shit out of a lot of people last night, especially out of the bastard that tried to kill you." He took in the fading bruises on her left side. "But I see you are still standing. Believe me, I am glad to see that. You are a good pilot and I need you fit and back to duty as soon as you are cleared. The 233rd needs you. I need you."

"Thank you, sir," Janetta replied.

Orchid cleared her throat.

Janetta's commanding officer glanced over, then straightened up. "Right. It is my privilege to convey to you the thanks of the Emperor, the Air Service, and my own congratulations. You are hereby promoted to Captain, with all the privileges and duties that such rank conveys." He withdrew a small box, handing it over to Janetta.

She took the box, opening it slowly. Ixma and Zinja moved behind the bed, peering over her shoulders so they could see. A pair of gold diamonds gleamed back at her.

Reaching over, Group Captain Tanosca offered his hand. "Congratulations, Captain Tlacotli."

Janetta shook it. "Thank you, again, sir. I don't know what to say."

"Keep doing what you are doing, Captain. Staying alive, and being a thorn in the side of our enemies. I wish I could stay, but you have visitors, and my wife is waiting downstairs for me. We'll talk more, once you are discharged." Giving her a salute, he then exited the room, closing the door behind him.

Janetta whirled on Orchid. Or rather, Second Sergeant Innati. "All right, Second Sergeant Innati, or whomever you are, what the fuck do you want?"

Wincing at the hostility, she pulled out a small cube and flipped the switch on its side. Immediately, the overhead television screen went blank.

She looked at me, first. "Do you trust everyone here, Ranji?"

I nodded. "You gave me Sowitwee. It's gut for Doyya, but yeah. Everyone else, no question about their loyalty."

"I'll take that as sufficient. Innati is my current name, Captain. My name is changed, but I still hold the other rank." She took a long breath. "I don't know why you hate me. I have tried to do right by you and your team, and I've tried to keep you safe--"

"Tried to do right?" Janetta exclaimed, her black eyes blazing. "You took what should have been justice for my people and turned it into a freak show! They were wronged. Instead of justice, we saw torture and brutality."

She nodded. "That's true. And if I could have done it differently, I would have. Off the record, I completely agree with you. However, we all have our orders, Captain. Even me. And we have to do what we are told." She turned to Ixma. "I am happy that you are recovered, Corporal. Did you recognize the man who attacked you and Sergeant Cholan?"

Ixma nodded. Looking at me, she said, "It was that senior lieutenant that tried to rape me in front of the Commissary. You remember, sir?"

"Zinochtli?" I asked her.

Her blue eyes were full of disturbed memory. "That's his name. When I--when I shot him, he changed. He wasn't human."

Innati nodded. "The other one, Chanotl, he is human, and he had no idea his patron was an enemy agent. Now that you and Captain Tlacotli outrank him, he would be a fool to attempt anything with any of you again. Corporal, would you bring that table around here? Thank you." She set down the cube, then pulled a laptop out of her satchel. Setting it onto the table beside the cube, she powered it up. "What you are about to see is not to leave this room."

She tapped keys, and the screen display came up. Innati turned the table so all of us could see. It was a flat two-dimensional map. The building on the screen clearly said 'Commissary.' It showed parked vehicles, and then a new one parked. Two people got out. Innati tapped the screen, and movements froze. "You recognize the names of those who just got out?"

"That's my name, and Cholan's," Ixma said.

"How do we--" Janetta began.

Innati touched the screen twice, and blow up windows appeared, with arrows to the icons. Ixma's ID photo, with her name and personal data appeared in one window. Cholan's information appeared in the second one. She tapped the screen again, and the windows disappeared. Dialog flashed, "Resuming data feed," then faded out.

Five icons approached Ixma and Cholan. They didn't get near, but Ixma and Cholan got back into the vehicle and their icons dimmed slightly.

The other five icons milled around a bit, then suddenly Cholan's icon exited the vehicle.

"Wait!" Janetta said, turning to Ixma. "I thought you said that someone over-rode the AI security lockout on the vehicle. But there's no icon for anyone there."

"Ah, just so." Innati paused the screen, and brought up another window. "This was recorded camera footage from the barbershop across the street from the Commissary."

It showed a man approaching the vehicle, speaking instructions, then opening the door. Cholan struggling and swinging her fists, only to be yanked out of the vehicle. She tried to get up and take another swing at the man, but he punched her in the guts, backhanded her, and then tossed her aside like she was a rag doll. We saw another man come up to Cholan as she tried to get up, and he kicked her several times.

No icons marked either of the men.

Janetta glanced over at the sleeping Cholan. "You never stood a chance, Sergeant."

The first man leaned into the vehicle. Ixma screamed, then seven shots rang out in rapid succession. The camera showed the man dropping, and Ixma reaching out and pulling the door closed.

Cholan's movement on the screen matched the camera footage. As the five men approached, weapons raised, the icons also approached Cholan.

At that point, Dohensa's icon arrived. He challenged the men, then fired, killing two.

The second man, the one without an icon on the map, fired at Sublieutenant Dohensa. There was a bright flash of an energy weapon discharge, and Dohensa flew back, away from the camera. The overhead image showed his icon move across the screen, then fade. Killed instantly.

The man then turned and fired at the ChoCac. The blast lasted for several seconds. Finally, the door warped and the window shattered. Ixma screamed again.

At that point, vehicles and troopers began arriving. There was a shimmering wave, and the camera footage stopped. "That was some sort of energy pulse. Similar to an EMP, but not quite the same. Much weaker, but enough to screw with nearby electronic devices. Blew out all cameras in a one block radius. Fried unprotected computers and vehicles. Anything else you noticed?"

"No icons for either of those men." Janetta glared. "Draconians?"

"Yes," Innati confirmed. She closed out both files and rapidly punched up a new one. "This one, we don't have any camera footage on. All we have is the recording."

From the date stamp, we could see it was from the night before, when Janetta was attacked and raped, and nearly killed. Janetta was in her office. In the main bay of the hangar, Sergeant Diwan sat unmoving. Then suddenly, his icon faded. No movement from Janetta's icon.

"I didn't even hear him die," Janetta whispered. "I was busy filling out those damn reports. I just wanted them done and to get home. Next thing I know, arms like steel gripped my shoulders, slamming me down onto the desk. Pinning me down. I couldn't move. One held me, the other ripped away my trousers with .. claws. I couldn't reach my knives. And the pistol, it was in my belt, trapped under me. I couldn't reach it." Janetta's breathing deepened and grew shaky as she remembered.

The only icon still glowing brightly was that of Tlacotli. According to the satellite feed we were watching, she was alone.

"What do you recall next?" Innati prompted.

"Pain. Him shoving his fucking alien, lizard cock into me. Tearing inside me while he raped me. Bragged he was going to fuck and kill the rest of my team. Then he was going to fuck and kill Ranji, too. All the time, my pussy burned."

Ixma held her hands to her mouth, struggling to keep from crying. Even Zinja looked with ache at her officer, as Janetta recounted her violation. I was on the edge myself. I wanted to scoop Janetta into my arms and protect her, keep her safe.

"You know? I screamed and I yelled. The main hangar bays were wide open. No one from the other crews came to help. He laughed. Said it excited him. He told me that I didn't know my place. Women were for fucking, not fighting."

Janetta looked at Innati then. "I didn't remember till just now, but he also said, 'Killing Kandikan's spawn is a bonus.' What did he mean by that?"

"Please, finish," Innati urged.

She drew a long breath to calm herself. "He came inside me. That's when he raked my back, ripping me open. Then his arms went around my neck, pulling me up off the desk. He bit me while he choked me. Once I was off the desk, I reached for the gun in my belt, I flipped the safety, put it to his head and fired. I know I hit him. He hit my side while he tried to grab the gun. I fired twice more, and he flung me to the ground. Stomped on my foot. I aimed and fired again. Three, maybe four times. I fired until he dropped."

"We didn't find his body in your office. You dragged him out?"

"Yeah. I had work to do, and I didn't want to look at him while I finished up."

Zinja snorted at that. Janetta looked at her, and at Ixma, even to the astonished Doyya. Then back to Zinja, who grinned widely. Janetta started snickering, then she and Zinja started laughing.

Even Innati smiled, waiting for them to calm down. "So he was dead then? And what did you do next?"

"No, he wasn't dead. Bleeding out. Tried to reach his weapon, so I shot him four more times. Twice in each hand. Then I showed him my disrespect."

"And you did that while he was dying? That was it, then. At the moment of death. It was pure luck."

Janetta scowled at Innati. "I'm a loyal Warrior, but we live in a fucked up nation. I screamed and yelled and no one came to help. After the gunshots, men came running. Gods above, I emptied the clip into the air to make them listen to my orders."

Innati nodded. "It truly is a shame, Captain. Thankfully, some are working to change that."

Ixma frowned, looking at me for answers. "Showed him disrespect? I don't get it."

"Remember the animal course we were studying?" Zinja asked her. "What do the big cats do to mark their territory?"

Her blue eyes widened, then she looked at Janetta for confirmation.

Janetta nodded. "That's right, Corporal. I pissed on him. Burned like acid going out, but I pissed all over him. Came at me while he was invisible, like a coward. Tried to murder me. Planned to rape and murder my crew. Planned to kill my man! He was not worthy of a Warrior's respect."

Innati closed up the file, grinning. "Near as we can figure, their personal shield and cloaking field are both partially connected to their neuro-systems. When the draconian dies, the system detects that and initiates the self-destruct, destroying the body and the electronics into that awful smelling sludge. Draconians get wet all the time, so there must have been a small window -- a few seconds a most -- between when the fields shut down and before the self-destruct. The Captain's piss disrupted the process at the right instant. If it had been my choice, Captain, I'd not only promote you, I'd get you a Sun Cluster medal with a Flare, and parade, too. The promotion was the most I was allowed to do. I hope it helps."

She started to close her laptop, but I stopped her. "You told me that Cholan was going to get the best care available. When I got here, she was getting basic care only."

Startled, Innati then frowned, and turned her computer back on. "I told you what I ordered, Ranji. Because it was proved that her attackers were not human, Sergeant Cholan's injuries became combat injuries sustained against enemies of the Empire. Hmm. Why would Group Captain Hanastoctli countermand--?" Innati swore. "Supay. I should have known."

"Minister Supay?" Doyya squawked. "Head of Imperial Security?"

"Oh, yes," Innati confirmed. "Commander Orchid is his brainchild. People were beginning to fear Imperial Security. The dramas with Orchid give the people someone else to focus on. But, Supay? He hates women in the military. Works hard to oppose any advances." She looked at me. "I put as much support into your orders as I could. It may not be much. I'm not even supposed to be the current Orchid."

"What do you mean, the current Orchid?" Janetta demanded.

"I am, or was, the eleventh Commander Orchid. Since the creation of the first one, five have been assassinated, one has been poisoned, and one was killed by Atlanteans in a raid about a decade back. When they get to be too old, the commanders are retired. When you came to me with the information about the Drug Plot, the current Orchid was in the Southern Continent, searching out dissidents for Supay in the southeastern state of Chon. Personally, I think Supay was out to destroy his own potential enemies. My sudden appearance at High Guard was embarrassing and problematic. The Orchid in Chon had to disappear. There are supposed to be four available, posted in different parts of the Empire, so that in case of emergency, Orchid appears in the nick of time, taking charge and also taking credit. This information, of course, is Ultra Secret, and discussing it with others would be a fatal mistake."

Innati suddenly yawned. "I am so tired. I did manage to get four hours last night." She yawned again. "Do you have any questions? I will be leaving soon, and the Commander Orchid now on the base is not your friend. Indeed, if you come to her attention, it will likely not end well. Her real name is Maretta Danchotl, originally from Je state. Two moles on her left tit. Twelve piercings on her cunt lips. She is Supay's slut, and she enjoys both giving and receiving pain. A murderous bitch, she's killed four of her last seven lovers. Possibly more."

Janetta shifted in her bed, absently rubbing her bruised, left side. "Why are you telling us this?"

"Because I'm leaving very soon, and I am no longer able to look out for you. Once I leave this base, I intend to sleep for four or five days. After that, I'll enjoy some vacation time, and then I'm off to deep cover for the next several years. I may not see any of you ever again. I know a lot of things, so if you have any burning questions, ask me now. I'm in a mood to break a lot of regulations. Besides, getting that alien tech was a serious windfall for our side. But don't wait too long. I really am very tired."

Ixma surprised everyone with her question. "Our officer mentioned something about killing Kandikan's spawn. What do you know of that?"

Innati smiled at her. "Lieutenant Kandikan's father is a valued scientist. We have recently discovered there is a plot to kill him. The draconian, I believe, was talking about killing the Lieutenant before they plan to assassinate his father. The draconians are allied with the Kingdom of Veda, and the Vedans are still angry about Arjun Kandikan, Ranji's father, escaping them and joining the Empire."

Zinja asked the next question. "What about Sergeant Cholan? Her condition. I believe you when you say you ordered her treatments paid for, and someone else changed the orders. But what about when she went into the Service? One of the sergeants took the info from that Navy doctor. What's happened with that?"

Innati looked at me. "They are sharp ones, aren't they? Well, that exercise didn't take too long. We found the man who did that, and by examining all the cases he touched, we found dozens more who were unfairly messed with. Another agent is following through on that for me. Trust me, that boot camp sergeant is finished."

"My father," Janetta blurted out. "I don't know anything about how he died. Only that he was a hero." She looked at Innati, hunger in her eyes. "What can you tell me?"

"Sergeant Milintica Tlacotli truly was a hero," Innati replied seriously. "There was a downed Grey starship. We don't know what happened to cause the crash, but the Empire tracked it going down. A team was scrambled to find it, and retrieve whatever technology they could. Out of eight members dispatched, only three survived. One died later of radiation poisoning. The team removed several critical parts, including most of one of the engines. Two Atlantean Fire Teams arrived just as your father and the others were getting ready to leave. Sergeant Milintica Tlacotli bravely held them off, allowing the remaining team members to escape with the captured technology. He blew up the ship, killing all the Atlanteans and ensuring the safety of his team. That is why he was promoted to Captain, and why he was inducted as a fourth-degree Jaguar. Your father died a true hero, in the service of the Empire of Chomorro. I believe he would be proud of you and your own accomplishments."

Janetta stared at her hands. "Thank you."

Innati paused a moment, then continued. "Your mother, Zaniyah. She is still alive. You haven't communicated with her since you left home, six years ago. By all accounts, she loved your father very much."