Starlight Gleaming Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TJSkywind
TJSkywind
986 Followers

Outside, the wind howled and blew. Rain battered the windows.

I gave them all the particulars. The Imperial Security team made some notes, then left, leaving it to Air Security. In all, it took just twenty minutes to wrap things up. The Air Security officer relaxed after the Imperials left, and he inquired about me, as he hadn't seen me before. I showed him my unit patch and explained my new job to him.

"I see there's a girl listed with the family, Lieutenant. You said that she's with you?"

"The house right behind this one. 93 West Seashell."

"You want us to take her off your hands?"

"No. I'm pretty sure that Second Sergeant Zinja Ba'lanchicotl wants to lay claim on her. Go ahead and see if any relatives want her, but this family wasn't wealthy."

"She's the one you said entered the building with you? All right. I have your information. The sergeant needs to go to the Dependent's Office tomorrow. The thirty-day waiting period starts once she files claim on the girl. No one cares about girls."

I looked at him sternly. "I care, Lieutenant."

"Not what I meant, sir. If it had been the boy, the claim would have to wait a full year to process, in case one of his family wanted him. Boys are potential heirs. I have a girl myself. Cute as a button. If something happened to me and my wife, I know my sister would take my girl in. But orphaned girls? The earth just swallows them up."

"Where would we be without our mothers? Women are half the human race."

"I agree with you, sir. But last night we had an even dozen murder-suicides. Seven kids who survived, four of them girls. This is the third case tonight, and it's not even midnight yet."

Then he snapped his fingers. "I knew I'd heard your name before! Your Protection Order for the women in your unit is making the rounds, sir. Commander Orchid herself announced it over the local news broadcast. It came out on the Armed Services Radio this very evening. Said it was good that women warriors could depend on the men to protect them, as much as the women protected the men. She said the Empire needed all their warriors to stand strong and stand together against our enemies. She ended her speech with Llam nuqan! We work together! Rousing stuff, sir!

"Those Divisional Protection Orders have to be listed with Security," he continued. "Since then, three other units have followed suit. Likely more will jump in so they don't look bad. Personally, I'm for it. To be honest, some days my wife makes me madder than a hornet. But if some higher up took my wife against her will, I'd be fit to be tied, but there would be little I could do about it. It was a brave thing to do, sir. Hopefully, it will spread to other bases."

"One can only hope," I replied.

He put away his tablet computer. "No need for you to stick around, sir. Besides, we're almost done here. If you want anything belonging to the girl, contact Air Security first thing tomorrow, and we'll have someone supervise the removal. The cleaners will be here in the afternoon to collect anything left over. There are long lines for housing. You'll have new neighbors in three or four days."

"The father hasn't been charged yet, so the dead family will get cremation. I want the ashes."

The Lieutenant looked surprised.

"For the girl," I explained. "It'll help bring her closure."

He saluted me. "I'll see to it. Good night, sir."

I returned it. "Good night."

I headed home in the raging darkness. The flashlight helped me avoid two major puddles, but I missed one. By the time I reached the fence, I was soaked all over again.

Stepping inside, I stood on the doorstep, dripping water. All three were together on the couch. Ixma and Zinja wore robes, and Sisi was wrapped in a large undershirt with a small towel on her shoulders. Zinja brushed out the girl's wet hair. Ixma and Sisi had cups in their hands. The chocolate mustaches and the steam from the cups told me what they drank.

"You're soaked, sir! I'll get you a towel!" Ixma jumped up and rushed to the other room.

"Zinja, tomorrow, you have two tasks. Call Air Security and let them know you want to collect some things for Sisi. Don't be shy about collecting a memento or three of the parents or her brother. Whatever you don't take, Housing will dispose of or sell. I had the Security Officer send me the personnel files for the family. We can print up hard copies for later. Once you have what you think the girl will want or need, you have to go down to the Dependent's Office and file your claim on her. If no one takes her after thirty days, she's your child. If they give you any guff, and if you think it will do any good, list me as her adoptive father."

She stopped brushing and stared at me.

"And then, if they argue with you, you tell them to come talk to me. I'll sign whatever you need me to sign, Zinja. I'm done for the night. I'm going to take a warm shower and then I'm off to bed."

Ixma hurried back with a large body towel.

Overwhelmed, Zinja leaked from her eyes. Returning to her brushing, she said, "Thank you, sir. Good night, Lieutenant. Sweet dreams."

Sisi echoed, "Sweet dreams, 'Tenant!"

Herding me straight on to the bathroom, Ixma promised to get me fresh clothes for bed. "Just get undressed and into the shower, sir. Let me take care of you."

Her words sounded great. I undressed, checking the safety on both pistols. Off. Ixma came in with a basket. Holding it up, I started emptying my pockets. I removed the holsters, the patches on the arm, grade pins on my shoulder lapels (they had a tendency to disappear in the laundry), keys, and my lanyard. I added in the stunner. I didn't want to forget the weapons in the bathroom, not with a small child in the house.

As I finished undressing, she carried out the basket.

"Put them on the upper shelf in my closet," I told her.

"Yes, sir. Get in the shower, sir. You need to get warmed up."

"Yes, Ixma."

Turning on the water, the pitiful stream began dribbling. At least the water heater worked good. Standing under the weak spray, I turned it as hot as I could stand it, and let it wash over me.

It bothered me I was getting credit for the Protection Orders. I had been careful to mention Janetta's commanding officer as my source for my own order. But if it helped improve the lot of women in the service, I wasn't going to do anything to derail it. What was heartening, was Captain Xotochan's endorsement, and then the supportive comments from both the Imperial Security lieutenant from this morning, and the Air Security lieutenant from the evening. And Melannee, as Orchid, going out on a limb and giving her own public support. If Supay was as bad as she said he was, she had effectively taken the focus off me and onto herself.

My parents had showered me with love, and patience, and discipline. My mother was the model of decorum, but I had always felt free to hug her as a child, and I never doubted her love was returned. Then there was Calia, the woman who taught me about making love, and taught me how the physical pleasures of sex could be much more intimate and profound. I do not think I would have won Janetta without Calia's loving instruction.

And because of Janetta, all four women were my new family. Janetta, Zinja, Cholan, and Ixma. I enjoyed their bodies, but I also valued their minds and hearts. Strong women, they only wanted a chance to do their jobs, to prove their worth without fear. I treasured their affection for me. My brave, unstoppable Warrior. Zinja, wise and motherly. Cholan's brave defense of Ixma, and Ixma's presence to grab the gun, and shoot her would-be assailant. Seven times, I recalled with a grin. Even Ixma, since putting on her bandana, had grown measurably. Holy crap, who am I kidding? Her comment in the vehicle on the way home was a landmark!

Just then, I felt Ixma's naked body move up behind me, her arms snaking around and caressing my chest and belly. Then down they went, one hand on my growing shaft and the other gently cupping my balls.

"Mama said you might want some comforting," she said quietly. "Let me take care of you, Ranji."

I turned around and faced her.

Her hands moving to my shoulders, she looked up. "Would you like me to wash your back? Or--"

My mouth silenced her. My hands moved roughly over her back, pulling her close. Moving downward until, squeezing her butt cheeks, I ground my growing erection against her belly.

Ixma moaned into my mouth, rocking her hips in response, rubbing her mons against my erection. Her hand grasped my lengthening shaft, stroking it to fullness.

"Oh, my love! Let my body comfort you," she sighed.

Picking her up, my mouth moved down her chest and inhaled her small breast. My teeth grazed her hard nipple, my tongue flicking it ruthlessly. Ixma cried out as her hands gripped my head, holding me close. Then I devoured the other breast. She arched her back to give me more, panting and whimpering her pleasure. Her legs, high off the ground, hooked around my waist.

Pressing her against the shower stall, I lowered her down, bringing her hips in line with mine. Her hand reached for me, guiding me toward her silken folds. My crown parted her wet center, while Ixma grinned in delight. Shoving into her hot, yielding flesh, her eyes rolled and closed, moaning. Parting her, spreading her wide around my shaft, her liquid heat enveloped me. Clasping her arms around me, her body writhed and bucked on my invasion.

"Oh, my sweet, sweet love," she cried. "Take me. Fill me up! Ahh! Gods above, I need you, so much."

Holding her up, I humped into her tight, slick channel, until I felt my balls on her butt.

"So good," she murmured. "Stretching me so full."

Then I pressed harder into her, grinding against her mound. Squealing, she arched her back, squeezing her legs around me. My mouth found hers again, and she hungrily latched on. Kissing her eager lips, I bucked and probed thoroughly the full length of her sensuous sheath.

Over and over I drove inside her. I knew she hadn't had proper stimulation to come, but the sweet, grasping caress of her pussy engulfing my cock, her body moving and bucking against me, and the small sounds escaping her lips -- all served to spur me on. Ixma had said she wanted me to bone her, and I was doing just that. My shaft worked in and out of her, trying to reach deep into her belly, the tightness in my balls rising higher and higher. Just as I was on the edge, I shoved into her center and held still, looking straight into her eyes as my shaft swelled and began spewing hot semen against her womb.

Ixma's eyes grew wide. "Oh, Ranji. I feel you coming. I--" Then she shivered, and I felt her pussy clamping around me while she came. "Coming .. together," she gasped. "My sweet, sweet man. Giving me your love."

For several long seconds, we didn't move, staring at each other while I fed her more sperm, and she convulsed around my cock, her sex milking me for my seed.

Her hands ran over my shoulders and arms as she gasped for air. "Each time is better than the last."

"You are a good woman, Ixma. I am glad you are mine."

"Do you love me, Ranji?" Her eyes were eager and full of hope.

"Janetta has my heart, but yes, I do. I would find it difficult to give you up."

"A man can have more than one wife. She is your First as she is my officer. I know my place. I am proud and happy to be your woman. I just want as much love from you as I can get. Please, my beloved. Say the words. I need to hear you say them."

"I love you, Ixma." I kissed her long and slow. Felt her squeeze my cock still inside her pussy.

When the kiss broke, she clung to me, resting her head on my shoulder. "I love you, Ranji Kandikan. Oh! You are slipping out." She frowned as I let her down. "I hate that part."

"For the record, so do I."

Ixma grinned, immensely pleased. Grabbing the soap, she cleaned us both with gentle thoroughness.

Getting dried took considerably less effort, and much less than Ixma wanted to put into it. I took the towel from her, whipped it over my body, and slipped on the shorts she'd selected.

Tossing the towel onto the curtain rod to hang-dry, I strode out of the bathroom. Ixma hurried out after and almost ran into me. I stood in the doorway to their room, listening to Zinja sing quietly in the dark to Sisi, while the wind shook the cottage and rattled the windows. I could barely hear it, and I didn't recognize the language.

"I know that one," Ixma whispered. "It's the Farming Song." She quietly translated it for me.

Kong shwe neyah toh anteeyah

Ay anteeyah toh an syet gan Mayhah

Babne, tonome, fayam ne enlingsi schwe

Jeyanga, ne milletay teyts yo' anjama Wey

Ah ho sonam Wey seeyah chay Mayhah

Choh nan ansyam, geh" baynam onjah

Seeds of plants are collected by the farmer

The farmer plants them into the giving Earth

Sunflower, squash, climbing bean and ground bean,

Rice, and millet, all to feed the happy People

The People grow old and return into the Earth

Seasons of the year, the cycle of life complete

Joining in the song, Ixma moved past me and into the darkened room. Crawling into bed, mother and daughter enclosed the small girl between them, using their bodies to provide a comforting wall between her and the chaos of the outside world.

In the kitchen, I grabbed a water bottle and drank it down, staring out the window on the back door. The night was a wild storm, full of wind and rain. In the darkness of the summer night, I watched the darker shadows of foliage bend and shake under the onslaught of the buffeting hurricane.

Tonight, the stars were hidden by the roiling, undulating clouds above us. But they still shone, high above us all, their ancient gleaming lights waiting for the fury of the weather to move on.

I believe that one day, humans will stride the stars. And we will be equal to the Greys and draconians and all the other races that currently keep us locked on our world. One day, we will see starlight gleaming, not as twinkles of colored light in the heavens, but as alien suns over alien worlds, their light seen from our own, human-made starships. And we would stride the heavens, men and women, free and working side by side as partners.

From the articles and questions my father and I exchanged, the Empire was close to discovering important scientific advances that would enable that dream to become reality.

As long as men and women were at odds, however, the aliens would continue to keep us on our world. My suspicions were that the aliens played political games with us for their own purposes, and none of them were to the benefit of humanity. The attacks on my family made me think that maybe the gender inequality, too, was their doing. How better to keep a slave population from uniting than by sowing dissension at every turn? Not just nation against nation, but men against women as well?

The Empire needed change, but it had a strong foundation. We were over a hundred million strong, holding sway or influence over two continents. Even as Janetta and Cholan lay in their hospital beds, three million members of the Ground, Air, and Navy patrolled land, sea, and sky, rain or shine.

We had a lot of work ahead of us. It would be a trial by fire for Doyya, of that I was sure. I hoped that we, all of us, would get an opportunity to show that we were worthy of the trust placed in us.

The wind buffeted our home, howling in its mad eagerness to sweep us away, but the cottage held its ground and refused to come apart. Just like the people inside.

# # #

TJSkywind
TJSkywind
986 Followers