Step by Step

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I still do. More than ever." Maggie looked at Sally with concern. "Does it bother you that a student has a tremendous crush on you?"

"Not in the least." Sally's eyes twinkled with playfulness. "In fact, I think it's quite marvelous."

"Me too!" Maggie grinned.

Sally stood with Maggie's hand in hers. "Let's get out of here and go for a drink somewhere."

Maggie rose to her feet and apprehensively chewed her lower lip. "Or we could go to my place."

"Oh?"

Maggie gazed deeply into Sally's eyes. "I have a few moves of my own I want to practice, and I don't mean dancing."

Sally giggled and moved to take Maggie into her arms. "Oh, you do, do you?"

"Yes. But you have to be patient with me. I've never practiced some of these moves before."

Her friend nodded soberly. "Then maybe we can take turns leading."

Maggie smiled and leaned closer to meet Sally's lips with hers. "I'd like that very much."

Maggie didn't talk to Molly for the rest of the week. For the first time in years she skipped their regular Tuesday night meeting. Maggie didn't want to face her sister just yet. She wanted to give Molly some time to think it over. Maggie hated putting her sister on the spot like she did. It wasn't fair to issue an ultimatum, especially when it came to the most important day in the girl's life. But this was important too. Maggie wanted Molly to understand how much Sally Right meant to her. Of course Maggie would eventually back down and go as Molly's Maid of Honor. She certainly couldn't miss her little sister's wedding. Maggie simply wanted to drive home the point that she had finally found someone who meant a lot to her and Molly needed to understand that.

Sally came over to Maggie's place on Monday and spent the night. The same for Tuesday and Wednesday. They decided to skip a night and spend Thursday apart. The ladies were miserable. They both realized how much they enjoyed sharing a bed together. Not just for the sex - which was incredible - but for the intimacy, the cuddling, and the warmth of having a naked body close to you under the covers.

They went out to see a Meryl Streep film on Friday night and held hands in the dark. Afterwards they stopped for frozen custard and sat on a bench in a park looking up at the stars in the night sky. Maggie thought it was perfectly natural to feel Sally's hand in hers. It was if the woman's hand completed her in some way, like Maggie's body was not whole without Sally hand in hers. Maggie realized her feelings for Sally far surpassed mere love. It was a contentment and bliss she never knew was possible. It was as though Maggie had been saving up all of her love for this one special person. Maggie felt her heart open wide with joy and a happiness far beyond her wildest imaginings. Sally Right was the one.

They lay naked in bed after a round of thoroughly satisfying sex. Maggie laid her head on Sally's chest as her lover twirled a lock of red hair in her fingers. Sally mused quietly, "I want you to go to your sister's wedding. I could never live with myself if you missed out on her big day because of me."

Maggie nodded her head on Sally's tummy. "I know. It's so hard, you know? I don't want to hurt either of you."

"You won't, darling. I'll be happy knowing you were having a good time."

"But we're partners."

"Yes. But I believe you're good enough to dance with someone besides me."

"That's not what I meant. We're partners . . . a couple. At least we are in my mind. We should be able to go everywhere together."

Sally nodded to the dark room. "I feel the same way." She stroked her fingers over Maggie's scalp. "I love you, Maggie Malone."

"I suspected as much."

"You did?"

"Yes, from the way you shouted it out just before you climaxed."

Sally chuckled under her breath. "That was passion. This is emotion."

Maggie shifted up onto her elbows and stared down at the woman. "I'm madly in love with you, Sally Right, forever and ever."

Sally smiled and caressed Maggie's cheek with her hand. "The feeling is mutual, girlfriend."

Maggie lowered her lips to meet Sally's. It was the same as what she felt when they held hands. Miss Right completed her. Maggie moved her hand under the sheet to fondle her partner's breast. "Have sex with me again, Sally."

Sally eased Maggie onto her back and moved over her, their mouths locked in a passionate embrace. "I can do better than that," she breathed into Maggie's mouth as she slid her body on top of her. "I will love you, Maggie Malone."

Chapter 5

Molly opened the door to find Maggie standing on the front step. Maggie raised the bottle of merlot in her right hand. "Peace offering?"

"Of course," Molly smiled widely. She took Maggie into her arms and gave her a warm hug. "I never want to fight with my big sister."

"Me either." Molly opened the door wider for Maggie to enter. "I know it isn't Tuesday," Maggie said, "but I believe we have some catching up to do."

"And some important matters to discuss." Molly shut the door behind her. "You still have to be fitted for a formal gown."

Maggie smiled at her. "You still want me to be your Maid of Honor?"

"Of course. There was never anyone else. Imagine how foolish I'd look standing up there during the ceremony all by myself."

Maggie laughed and took Molly into a warm embrace. "I'm so glad!" She leaned back and smiled at her sister. "That was one of the things I wanted to discuss with you. Sally and I talked about it and she's okay with missing out on your wedding."

Molly dismissed Maggie with a wave of her hand as she led the way into the kitchen. "Nonsense. Sally has to come too. I can't have my sister going stag to my wedding." Molly took two wine glasses down from the cupboard. "I know you could never get another date in time."

"This is true."

Molly opened the bottle and poured them each a glass of wine. "You really care about this woman, don't you?"

"I'm in love with her, Molls."

Molly didn't flinch. "I suspected as much when you said you'd drop my wedding for her."

"Sorry about that."

"No worries." Molly lifted her glass in a toast. "To sisters!"

"Best friends forever!" They clinked their glasses together and took a drink.

Molly eyed her sister dubiously. "So . . . you and this Sally woman . . . you two are lovers?"

"Yes, we are."

Molly wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Eeewww!"

Maggie laughed. "Actually, it's pretty amazing. I never realized having sex with a woman could be so incredible."

Molly winced and led the way to the living room. "Please! I don't want to think about my big sister dong the nasty with another lady."

Maggie followed. "Get used to it, sweetheart. Sally and I are in love and plan to stay together for a long time."

Molly sat on the sofa and smiled at Maggie. "That part doesn't bother me. I'm happy you found someone to share your life with. I just don't want to hear all the particulars about your love life in great detail."

Maggie laughed and sat in the chair across from her. "Your fiancé Jeff might. I hear guys enjoy that sort of thing."

Molly winced in revulsion. "Double eeewww!"

Maggie chuckled and relaxed in her seat and took a sip of her wine. "I'm glad we got back together. I missed you terribly."

"I missed you too, big sister," Molly smiled. "Even if you are a little weird."

Chapter 6

Maggie brought Sally to the rehearsal dinner. Molly stopped chatting with an older couple and hurried over to meet them. "Hi, sis!" Molly beamed brightly, taking Maggie in a warm embrace.

"Hello, honey." After a moment Maggie broke from her sister and gestured to her partner. "Molly, this is Sally Right."

Molly gave the woman a wide smile and offered her hand to shake. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

Sally offered a playful scowl. "What's this? We're practically family." She took Molly into her arms and gave her a warm hug.

Molly laughed. "I can see why Maggie is so enamored with you." She broke from Sally's embrace and grinned at her sister. "Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!"

Maggie nodded in agreement. "You'll hear no argument from me."

Sally chuckled and said, "All this praise is making my head spin!"

Molly held Sally's hands and stared earnestly into the woman's eyes. "Seriously, Miss Right, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding we had earlier. I apologize and truly am glad you could come to my wedding. It is a very important day for me and I want to be surrounded by the people that I love." She glanced at Maggie. "You make my sister happy, so that makes me happy. I hope we can be friends from now on."

"I would like that too." Sally took Molly into a fond hug. "This is your special time. I feel honored that I could be a part of it."

Molly's fiancé Jeff appeared at her side. "Maggie! I'm happy you could come."

Maggie smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I wouldn't miss it." She gestured to Sally. "Allow me to introduce my partner, Sally Right."

Jeff smiled and shook Sally's hand. "Pleased to meet you." He glanced at Maggie. "Business partner?"

Molly laughed and patted his arm. "Such an innocent boy you are sometimes!"

The man wrinkled his brow with a puzzled expression. "What did I say?"

Molly giggled and slipped her arm through her boyfriend's elbow. "I'll explain it to you on our honeymoon." She gave Maggie a grin and a knowing wink. "I'm told that guys like that sort of thing."

Molly stood and clinked her champagne glass with her fork. "Can I have your attention, everyone?" she announced. It took a few moments for the murmuring voices among the guests to subside. "Typically it is the responsibility of the Best Man to make the first toast," she continued. "However, since I am the bride and this day is all about me . . ." She had to pause a few seconds for the laughter and muttered jokes. "Today I make the rules, and I am going to make a speech of my own." Silence fell over the room in anticipation of her announcement. "While preparing for this day, we ran into a few obstacles we had to overcome . . . a few road bumps we had to endure. These things happen, and every bride has to roll with the punches and take these difficulties in stride." Molly glanced down at Maggie sitting next to her. "However, there was one challenge I didn't want to face. My sister . . . my very own sister . . . wanted to bring a guest with her and nearly dropped out of the ceremony because I was too blind to see how important this was to her. She wanted to bring a lady friend as her date and all I could see was how embarrassing it might be to me."

Molly smiled down at Maggie. She reached down and took Maggie's hand in hers. "My sister taught me a very important lesson. This day isn't all about me. It isn't all about the bride. It's about love. It's a celebration of love, regardless what form it takes. It's a promise to love someone for the rest of your life, no matter what challenges you face, no matter what the world hurls at you. To be not afraid of what people think and say about you, even if they are your sister." Molly smiled and gave Maggie's fingers a squeeze. "My sister Maggie taught me about love and commitment and to follow your heart no matter what the consequences, to keep that promise you made to hold that one special someone above all others." Molly raised her glass in a toast. "To my big sister, Maggie Malone, who taught her little sister what true love really is. May the love I have for my partner be as strong and enduring as the love you have for yours."

The entire room rose to their feet and lifted their glass in toast to the Maid of Honor. Maggie stood and took her sister into a fond embrace. "Darn you, Molly," Maggie wept with joy. "You made my mess up my mascara."

Molly picked up the phone on the second ring. "Molly Brandeberry."

Maggie chuckled into the phone. "I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the sound of that."

Molly laughed. "Hey, big sister! How are you doing?"

"I just called to catch up with you and find out how married life is treating you."

"Great!"

"How was your honeymoon?"

"Cancun was fabulous! I worked on my tan. Jeff and I went snorkeling along the shore and even tried scuba diving along a coral reef." "Sounds wonderful," Maggie sighed happily. "By the way, I was wondering if you would be able to help me with a project." "Oh? What kind of project? "Something you have experience in. As you know, Wisconsin is a state that allows same sex marriages. Last night Sally popped the question and I said yes."

There was a length of silence on the line. At last Molly responded. "You didn't."

"Yes!" Maggie squealed with delight. "I'm getting married!"

Molly laughed into the phone. "Oh my GOD! I don't believe it!"

"Are you happy for me?"

"What? Are you kidding? Of course I'm happy. I'm ecstatic! Sally is a terrific gal and I know how much you two love each other."

"I'm so glad. Naturally I want you to be my Maid of Honor."

"I'd be offended if I wasn't."

"Good. Plus since you have experience with this kind of soiree, I need to recruit you as my wedding planner."

"Oh my God!" Molly laughed. "This will be so much fun!"

Maggie stated soberly, "Seriously . . . you don't think I've totally lost my mind or anything?"

"Of course not. You're my big sister. I've always looked up to you for guidance and support. In retrospect, maybe that was why I balked when you wanted to invite Sally to my wedding. I've always valued your opinion and tried to follow your example. When I considered you being in that kind of relationship, it threw me for a loop. It made me question everything you ever taught me . . . like you were a flawed role model or something. It was later that I realized you were still the perfect role model. You taught me to be true to myself and stand up for what I believe in, no matter how painful it may be to myself or others."

"I hope I didn't hurt you too much by it."

"Nah. I heard a few snickers about you two at the reception. There was one girl who shall remain nameless who confronted me in the bathroom about it. She said how could I condone such a relationship? In a church and as my Maid of Honor no less? I gave her a withering stare and said, 'Honey, you can believe anything you want. This is my party and I can invite whomever I please.'"

Maggie laughed. "You go girl!"

"And another thing, I said," Molly continued. "You may not approve of her lifestyle, but unlike you, I guarantee my sister's gonna get some tonight."

Maggie guffawed. "You didn't!"

"Hell yes, I did. We Malone girls got to stick together."

Maggie chuckled and said, "What a firebrand you turned out to be!"

"I must get that from my big sister. She's not one to follow the status quo."

"I guess not."

"So this wedding of yours . . . is it mixed couples or ladies only?"

"You nut!" Maggie laughed. "Mixed of course. I couldn't have my sister come without allowing her to bring a date of her own choosing."

Molly chuckled into the phone. "Fair enough."

"One other thing," Maggie added. "There's going to be plenty of dancing at this soiree, so you better sign up for some lessons."

Molly laughed and exclaimed, "Oh my God! Here we go again!"