Stocking Tops Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The entire cast cheered and Monique burst on stage and the bikie gang and the chorus gathered around her and hummed as she sang, first in French and then in English, 'A Woman's Right to be Noticed'

As the song ended the gang leader rose groggily to his feet. He called to his moll, "What's going on here? Get behind me you slut."

His moll performed the same high kick as Lady Jane had executed and yelled, "Bye bye Boris, you're out of here."

The bikie gang then began singing, 'Bye-bye Boris You Bitch' as he rose and staggered off stage. There was a thunderous roar of a motorcycle and quickly that sound faded as the song about his tyranny continued."

Three more act followed, broken by an interval, with plenty of action and then in the fifth act came the finale, a stirring anthem called 'Viva la Stocking Tops' that initially was only strident music as 42 of the cast of 43 marched on stage, led by Lady Jane and the reformed motorcycle gang Moll Rose, everyone carrying a flag on a pole – the flags of many nations. All the flag bearers including the nine males were topless but the women wore so-called 'invisible' bras and they all wore thongs and stockings. They split in two groups and through the channel between them arrived Monique, topless and wearing a thong and stockings singing 'Viva la Stockings Tops' to a tune that had shades of 'Waltzing Matilda' to it.' The curtain dropped to huge applause and cheering.

After three curtain calls the curtain went up again with Monique, using hand signals to hush the crowd. She introduced herself and David Morgan who arrived to stand beside her.

Monique then said, "We of the cast request Mr Lee Stockings Tops Peach who is with us this evening to come on stage and be kissed by every female on stage and the guys will shake his hand unless deciding otherwise and wish him a happy birthday tomorrow, his fortieth. Mr Peach, as you all know, was the inspiration for this show that David here largely wrote and with some significant input from Lee Peach. We want you Lee."

It takes some time for forty-two people to kiss or shake hands so Monique, accompanied by David who had a fine tenor voice, sang 'Some Enchanted Evening three times before the final fall of the curtain that left Lee at the front of the stage. The audience then without prompting began singing happy birthday dear Lee. Then everyone went into the foyer for drinks.

Claire went out next morning at 5:30, with birthday boy still asleep, and re-entered the house whooping and hollering and arrived into the bedroom with the kids who kissed daddy and wished him happy birthday.

Claire held open the page of the Sydney Morning Herald that stated: 'Stocking Tops' Opens Tonight: Expect Some Enchanted Evening. A big photo of Monique with two black crosses pasted over her nipples accompanied the preview of the show that generally was very favorable. The photo on page 3 of The Telegraph showed a close up of Lady Jane (Polly Blackett) kissing birthday boy Mr Lee Stocking Tops Peach. The heading over the story 'Our Preview Verdict: 'A Tribute to Stocking Tops' a Real Peach' Neither reports commented on individual performances, stated that was being left to their theatre critic on the opening night performance.

The Peach family went to the Krug's house for a birthday lunch for Lee and that evening before the show began David Morgan walked along the front of the stage curtain and introduced special guest Lee Stocking Tops Peach whose endeavors provided the concept behind the show. Today is Lee's fortieth birthday. The speakers then boomed out Happy Birthday with the people packing the theatre rising to sing to Lee.

Next day, Lee was honored at a huge garden party lunch in a park where almost everyone he'd had more than a passing relationship with had been invited. It was a stunning event with more than 600 people attending, giving Lee no show of conversing with everybody he knew and their partners. Professional entertainers – mostly women who wore stockings provided entertainment – with most declining to accept a fee. Those who attended would remember Lee's day out for a long time to come.

To the delight of everyone, when asked to speak Lee gave an only lightly censored of how he became addicted to stocking tops. He concluded that after more than five years on he still could not believe that an idea developed by only five people could have achieved the amazing result that ended up as Stocking Tops Day Australia.

CHAPTER 4

On Sunday, after attending the closing night performance and party of the stocking tops show that after three and a half months was relocating in Melbourne, Lee and Claire and the children were lunching with the Krugs. After the children had gone off to play, leaving behind Payton who was asleep in Claire's lap, James said, "Well that's the end of stocking tops. Sydney can now return to being concerned with decency and emphasizing the mores that the women's place is in the home."

"Oh poor James, you have a hangover and are bored and shitty."

Sheila said, "Good for you Claire. He stumbles into teasing when he gets like this. I think his job has become too big for him."

"I liked it when we were small are operated off the seat of our pants, " James sighed.

"Yes mate. They were great years."

Sheila and Claire said they agreed.

"Well, if you really want out James talk to me about it and I'll make enquiries about raising the cash to buy you out."

"Oh, I'm not sure that I want out," said Sheila.

"Well buy me and Claire out. That property next to her parent's farm hasn't sold."

"I didn't know you were interested in farming," Claire said in surprise.

"Well the Simpkin's place is large enough to provide us with more than an adequate income and allow us to take the kids to Europe each year during our winter here."

"Yes, and to America," Claire said.

"Well I'm not interested in being left in the business without you mate," James said and so that ended the discussion.

Next day Lee called Natasha.

"Hi – we haven't been talking for a while so things must be getting alone smoothly. We saw Stocking Tops and love it. Had a really great night. What can I do for you?"

"Know anyone who'd like to buy our business?"

Natasha almost dropped her coffee. "No, but I could sniff around. What sort of commission were you thinking?"

"None, just a straight off payment into your back pocket for a done deal. Twenty thousand bucks."

"Oh come on Mr Miser."

"Nice talking to you Natasha..."

"No wait, okay. That's actually quite generous as a finder's fee because you are in a limited market – it's either investors or another agency."

"That's what I thought. James and I believe our business is at its prime, so if we want to sell we should do it now."

"Fair enough, so he's interested?"

"Yeah, interested. But put a fat deal on the table and everyone takes a rethink."

"Exactly. I'll make a few calls. I've been thinking about this and realize I know a right button to touch."

Natasha called Chapman Jones, the Australian chairman of J. Hoover Advertising International but his office advised Mr Jones was in New York. "Well get Betty to get him to call me urgently. Betty knows who I am – Natasha Sabu."

Four hours later Natasha received the call. "Is this really urgent Natasha? I have a woman waiting for me."

"I'm a month early but I've just heard one of the principals of Aussie Battler-Paterson advertising is bored and could want out. So I called his co-principal Lee Peach who said if a fat offer was put on the table he'd look at it."

"Okay, if I remember you wanted 2.5% of gross, is that right."

"Yes."

"Right I'll get that contract drawn up later today and get my people to do a distant appraisal of Battle-Patterson. Then will put an offer as a starting price on the table and ask for due diligence. You can earn your commission by taking any offer from us to then and opening negotiations with our attorney assigned to you. Can you do that without fouling up?"

"Of course."

"Good and goodbye."

"Try to keep it up for her Chappie. American women are fussy, particularly New Yorkers."

"Remind me to show you what hard is sometime Natalie. Now fuck off."

Natalie's eyes watered. She figured out a price that the partners and their wives would want, and put that at $8 million based on the gross turnover they must have reached by now because the last time she'd checked, new business was flowing in. At that figure, which she consider was on the high side but the approach was being made by the buyer so would probably hold, her commission for doing fuck-all would be 200k. Oh, such is the value of an introduction! Should she deal with James or Lee – although both would be in on talks, she had to decide which one she would work on. She decided on Lee because James had fucked her, taking advantage of her in a weak moment. He was not to be trusted. The rationale for that thinking might appear to resemble a sieve but it was the way she thought, and was happy about that.

Damn, if she was to become directly involved in negotiating on behalf of J Hoover Advertising, Lee would see it as unethical for her to accept commissions from both parties unless she was smart. She called Lee.

"Hi Lee, I have drawn up a short list and was about to add a name of perhaps great potential but there is a problem."

"What, they have too much money?"

"Funny man. No, it is one of my clients and there's another on the list I have done work for in the past," she said. "If they involve me in negotiations it would mean I would drawn down two commissions. How do you feel about that?"

"I'm relaxed. I am offering payment to you as a finder, whether or not you have done work for the company. Actually if you have done work for the company all the better I would suggest."

"Then I can bring in a contract for you to sign."

"Nope, why bother. If you don't trust me don't be my finder."

"That's fine Lee. Give my regards to Claire."

Eight days later Natasha called Lee. "I am ready to open negotiations on behalf of an unnamed client with just you, me and a lawyer representing the client present."

"I'd like James present."

"I wouldn't, not at this stage."

"Okay, when?"

"Midday today at the Seahorse Restaurant. I can get a private room."

"Okay, I have two appointments but my deputy can take care of them. Good work. Bye."

Natasha rubbed light perspiration off her top lip. She was puzzled why he'd immediately agreed to James been left out. Sitting on the toilet it suddenly came to her...well, at least a possible explanation. Lee was a willing seller whereas James might be a problem to shift. She hoped she was right about that.

"Our people have done a close study or your enlarged operation without coming on to your premises. We place on the table an offer to get discussion going. Four-point-five."

"Natasha, you know that's not even book value."

"I have refrained from disclosing insider information in fairness to you. It is simple the minimum we would expect to pay and it excludes goodwill."

"It is an offer made in good faith to get the ball rolling Lee," said John Stokes, a commercial lawyer. "We would like to conduct due diligence."

"No way. The company you represent could be a direct competitor of ours. Let's talk money and if it's good enough I suggest we sign conditionally, subject to due diligence verifying financial information I supply to you and that I have not kept any nasties hidden from you."

"That is an unprecedented demand."

"And that comment is bullshit John. Tell him Natasha."

"John know that; he's a negotiator," Natasha said, and she and John smiled at Lee.

"I'll tell you what," Lee said, pulling a digital memory stick from his inside pocket. Here are the financials I am prepared to release to you at this stage, up to date to the end of last month, plus our overdue accounts with a report on each amount but the company's name removed, as at the 30th of last month, plus details of our company's debts, none of which are more than sixty days overdue plus a company loan of $200,000 plus a statement on tax credits and tax due in our next payment. There is also a statement on our business activity. That's all you're getting for now. Table an offer for $8.5 million and you can commence due diligence. Now, should we eat?"

"Yes, of course. I shall report back to my principal and advise you in due course. Do not be surprised if it's an outright rejection."

"No worries," Lee smiled.

* * *

Claire had been on the phone with Jill two hours a night for three nights talking about the possibility of the sale of the business and she and Lee buying the adjoining s farm.

At first Jill went as scatty as a kitten, crying and saying the joy of Claire coming home to live was beyond belief. Then she went on about them making jam together, Jill threading sewing needles for her – Claire saying to her mom to get glasses – and going to country women's gatherings as mother and daughter like the Young's, the Bennett's and the Wrightsons' did. It was almost a little much for Claire but she knew without her parent's support the project would collapse.

"Is the property for sale?"

"Yes, and the Simpkins' are in despair. Their children don't come near them, Donald's arthritis in his back, wrists and fingers has gotten him cantankerous and Mavis needs new glasses and a hip operation. If they move into town she'll get new glasses because they have a quilt-making club there."

Claire rolled her eyes. She should be talking farm economics with her father, but patience. On the third night there was breakthrough. "I've told your father about this proposal and he called it crazy.

Claire burst into tears and her mother began crying so Royce took the phone from Jill and in typical pragmatic style said, "What's this crap I'm hearing about you two city slickers wanting to go farming. That stockings guy of yours wouldn't make a farmer's asshole."

Claire blasted heaving sobs down the phone to unsettle her father and for good measure added, "You've never loved me."

Then there was music in her ears, "Claire, baby my baby, stop this. Daddy is sorry. Look, mum and I will be down to stay with you this weekend"

Overjoyed at achieving the breakthrough, Claire cut the call to leave her guilty father squirming. They had visited them several times but her father never wanted to stay and would drag Jill off to a hotel, not that she minded. Coming to stay was the same as her father saying, "I coming to rescue you guys." This was amazing, as much as she could hope for because her mom never made a major decision without Royce's approval.

In typical thick-headedness of a male, Lee had said, "What the fuck does you father wish to become involved? We can do this ourselves."

That made Claire mad. After all his groundwork the jerk had not one word of thanks. So she hissed, "You wouldn't make a farmer's asshole without assistance" and that launched them into a row.

But the arrival of her parents was like at burst of the tropics - palms waving, parrots providing a riot of color in the lush vegetation, monkeys singing in a chorus and drums beating out dance music as waves tickled the shore. Her father handed Lee a big pack of Lee's favorite cut of steaks for the barbie and a bottle of single malt whisky and two tickets to the big game on Saturday night while her mom handed across chocolates and a big bouquet of flowers and there were presents for the kids who were hugging her. Claire wanted to cry but knew that would make the men nervous. Damn men.

Then oh glory! When her mom kissed Lee and pressed into him as usual she also patted his back and cooed, "Oh my farming boy" AND her father just stood watching and beamed.

Over drinks, the huge problems facing a rookie beef farmer as expressed by her sheep farmer father, with her mom chipping in with her penny's worth, had Claire thinking they would be better off trying fish farming by throwing bread into the sea until the blighters were large enough to be worth netting. But her wonderful man weathered the assault and said, "I'd be hoping to retain the Simpkins' foreman and other personnel Royce and you're just over the fence to call if I hit a snag – you'd be there for me, wouldn't you?"

For the first time Claire could remember, she saw her father puff up like a toad. "Oh yeah, I could throw a bit of advice your way."

The lying toad, he was almost falling out of his boots in pride at being asked as the expert, the guru...considered by the advertising and stockings guru as his equal plus a little bit more. Jill looked at her husband in astonishment, seeing a new side to him after all these years. He's been a bit like that with the birth of Vicky, but this was on a far larger scale. Royce then told them that part of the problem the farm not selling was the price of $12.7 million was considered too high and as part of the deal the crusty foreman Ben Stiles and his with Judith stayed on in the manager's house as part of the deal."

"Almost $13 mil is a big price," Lee said uneasily.

"Nine million would be about right." Jill said, and Royce nodded, adding, "And that's lock, stock and barrel including Ben and Judith who are in their mid fifties and the farm is currently under-stocked with just over 5000 head of adult cattle. It's a big property with good water supplies and the best hayfields in the district. I would have thought a syndicate of farmers would have purchased it after the sale stalled but that hasn't happened. Fear of drought makes farmers conservative."

Claire called Lee into the kitchen and hugged him. "Dad has just told us he would have purchased the property except he doesn't want to load extra pressure on himself should this current pattern of droughts continues or gets worse."

"I didn't hear him say that."

"Believe me darling, I know how to read my father. He also would like me home to fly with him because he knows his sight is weakening and his reaction and confidence are slowly eroding."

"He told you that?"

"It's called reading between the lines darling. Be lovely to mom and if we sell the business we'll have a farm; I can practically promise you that."

Be lovely to mom? What the hell did Claire mean be that? He liked Jill and was always nice to her. Fuck, reading between the lines did that mean lick mom's stockings darling? Jill was approaching dinosaur age; she'd by sixty in a couple of years.

The family took Jill and Royce to the airport on Sunday morning and watched them fly off after a very pleasant weekend. Lee had really liked being at the football with Royce the previous night because he was so knowledgeable about the game and some old cobbers had invited them into their box where top wines and food were served. Royce and his mates attacked the whisky and it took Lee all his strength to get Royce into the car to drive him hope. Jill had waited up, knowing what to expect and put they got him to bed.

On Monday Natasha called a lunch meeting with Lee and her lawyer friend said curtly, "Our counter offer is six-point-eight million. Take it or leave it."

Lee kissed Natasha and nodding to John and although they lunch orders had still to arrive said, "Bye guys, I shouldn't waste any more of you time."

"Lee," Natasha cried but he just smacked his lips at his in a kiss.

"Let him go," John said. "He thinks he's the big tough negotiator."

"Up yours John," Lee smiled, giving him the fingers. "The boss won't be pleased with you going back to him without have made any progress."

Two weeks later the buyer had been identified, an amended conditional offer for $8 million had been signed and due diligence had taken place and the offer had gone unconditional. The final deal was signed in front of lawyers on mid afternoon Thursday and with a big grin John the legal negotiator said, "That clause that you guys must vacate the premises by 3:00 tomorrow and hand me your keys was drafted by me and left in."