All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 650 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

You are a great writer. Of course, You don’t need me to tell you that.

Anyone with half an ounce of brains can tell that that’s the case.

Many of your detractors aren’t.

Perhaps they just don’t have the wit to comprehend concepts.

Thanks for this.

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray192827 days ago

I have read a couple of your stories. I am not at all impressed.

You impress me as a man hating moron.

In this story you have possibly caused damage to property, divorce, child custody issues and more issues with the law (Retired LEO) than I can conceive of.

I can't imagine why the wife thinks this ok. After many attempts to stop her, she persistence in this mind fuck is so far past cruel. After reading some of your other works, I am not at all surprised.

I also notice that you don't want to tell the storyline. You could at least put in a proper beginning and ending.

Your writing content and style in nothing more than disgusting trash.

I will not read any further from you. Mores the pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This story really cries out for a follow-up. I'm not sure if the wife truly realises how big a can of worms she's opened with no way to put the lid back on. She's just proved she will lie and manipulate and set him up to be suspicious and angry. I really cannot understand what she was thinking this would achieve and why she did it. If the marriage survives she'll be incredibly lucky. BardnotBard

Rumpelstiltskin63Rumpelstiltskin63about 2 months ago

and then what did he do?

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

645 comments,

You can tell how good a story by the number of comments and the number of pissed off people making those comments.

5*****

dgfergiedgfergie2 months ago

It's just a story and well written but if a woman did that in real life god forbid! Maybe take her over your knee and spank her or maybe like another suggested leave for a few days. Jokes like hurt people

RedRachaelRedRachael3 months ago

Nope. He would always wonder if this was a cover up for a real affair. By doing this, she shatters his trust as if it were real.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FTDS

NallusNallus4 months ago

I still don't get what she got out of it.

From his perspective, all she got was a hooray and an A+ for her play and pride, so it was all selfishness at his expense.

She did not have to deliver it that way to him at all. It was just the power to hurt.

She is sick and I would leave for an extended period of time. If she wants to feel pain of guilt, she has it!

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted4 months ago

WOW, if he stays, they're going to need some marriage counseling.

goodshoes2goodshoes24 months ago

This story was a complete mind fuck. 1 star only because Literotica doesn't have a zero star box to click.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Husband: "Hehe you got me, well played. You naughty girl."

Meanwhile back in reality, divorce has been issued for mental anguish and wife cries herself to sleep for her monumental stupidity. Reg also suddenly comes down with a case of broken legs in the not too distant future. The kids ask why they're divorcing and he simply tells them, "mommy went crazy and did something I can't forgive her for. But we still love you etc."

"My head was starting to spin." Yeah I'm right there with ya buddy. What the fuck was she thinking? I don't think anyone that loves their spouse as much as she claims she did could honestly do something like that to them. It's cold, calculating and cruel, and she knows exactly how badly he'll react, which is why she took precautions with hiding the gun, clearing their bedroom, etc. It just doesn't seem believable (yeah yeah I know, LW category, expect as much, but this is just a bridge too far).

I do wish there was more to this story. I'd like to see a resolution. Maybe alternate endings with a good way and a bad way.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How can you live with someone who casually fucks with your emotions and mind?!Separation at the very least and possibly divorce for cruel treatment. SHeesh!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As someone who went through a cheating wife, I have full knowledge of what most men would do.FYI this all happened way before there were a computer or cell phones, back in 1988. Everything she owned would be out on the front lawn on fire for everyone to see. Locks changed on the house and garage door codes changed. credit cards closed and ALL the money in the bank would be gone. She could have her damn car for all I care but that would be it. Then I would get in my car and disappear for at least a month. No contact with her, her family, my family, or my work. F@%K her. Let her sweat trying to find me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dear Vera,

As you can see by my absence, I cannot forgive your caring so little for my feelings!

I’m sure you will find being served with divorce papers to be as amusing as your complete disregard for my feeling and the love I THOUGHT we shared!

Goodbye,

Gary

ConqueredConquered4 months ago
WTF???

Dennys?!?!?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

House burned to the ground. Resign from job tell boss to kiss your ass. No bitch can say she loves you and manipulate to that degree you for such a trivial matter. No way he would have calmed diwn enough by the time she got home if he never opened the envelope and chooses to believe what is in his head he was going to catch a body

redboat7redboat75 months ago

I like some of the comments. I can't think of one myself.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright6 months ago

The perfect way to cover an affair

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Love and treat him like that as another wrote in comments

Not happening

Counseling at very least

Divorce on the table

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

After I went through the door and found the letter I would have faked her out and left for a few days. Just to see how funny that was!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow that bitch is crazy. Like Arkham Asylum 'why so serious' crazy. Jesus Christ.

But honestly as unforgivably fucked up as her actions are, those actions are still better than her actually cheating...but I feel like that's commensurate to saying 'she committed second degree murder and that's better than her committing first degree murder' lol

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

J'espère que Reg court très vite ainsi que la salope Vera. Si je les rattrape, ils sont bon pour la morgue.

NallusNallus7 months ago

Agree with dgfergie. "...He may be on his way to Denny's right now to beat the shit out of her!"

Forgivable, but NEVER AGAIN. Some kind of revenge pain is in order, but I have no clue what would be comparable and unpredictable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

NOT a “very good tale.” Convoluted narrative, contradictory logic, e.g., how does one love someone and intentionally manipulate them in such a horrific manner, and all in the name of an intellectual exercise?

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

Second reading of this unusual story. I mean what's the problem? She only set all this up so she could get an honest opinion of what he thought about her play. What a dumb broad, she must be be a blond! (just kidding about the blond thing). Her letter to him pretty much tells she knew how he would react because she hid his gone the provided a sledge hammer so he he take out his anger. Dumb broad! He may be on his way to Denny's right now to beat the shit out of her! Good story but needs an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Divorce is imminent. That is a bunch of crap and she would be gone in a heart beat. Extremely cruel and nothing to joke with your mate about.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What is the point besides causing pain? She could have had him in the class so he could watch a “play”

Pjam1968Pjam19688 months ago

A very good tale

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow, what a horrible way to treat someone

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nope. Go find the gun.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

good point anonymous, move out for a couple of days and have her served in class with a fake divorce petition...

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

good story about a horrible way to treat a partner.

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

1 star - To me this is just some really horrible practical joke and I hate practical jokes.

I would throw all her clothes and personal items like her wedding dress, wedding pictures, etc., etc., out on the front lawn and turn on the sprinkler.

Pack up all my important stuff, then get back into the car and take off for a week or two, leaving my cell phone off. During this week of solitude, I would prepare the divorce documents, plus have them delivered to her - cancel the joint credit cards - withdraw 50% of the money from the bank. Call my boss and tell her that because she colluded with my wife to humiliate me so badly that I am considering a lawsuit against the company and I am taking two weeks holiday to consider other options - maybe even resigning my position.

On the seventh day, I would call her and just say a few words - "I hope you are happy with your recent choices - how's that working out for you now?". Let the cards fall where they may.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Leave before she gets there

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

have her served in class. That would be hilarious…

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit9 months ago

Projectile vomiting was my reaction.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Checked "Like It" but I didn't. The 4 is really a 4.5 but only for the writer's skill.

I hated the plot and hated the ending. But that's the kind of visceral reaction a writer hopes for from readers of their work. But there needs to be a sequel which either burns the totally insensitive bitch...or has the MC display the depth of his love for his kids by staying and making her pay dearly for the psychological sadism she inflicted upon him. And the Male accomplice needs his butt kicked in a dark alley for showing the skewed sense of value he placed on SOMEONE ELSE's marriage while covering his ass with his own wife.

Again, I hated it...but grant the skill in its creation.

MLJ

Matrim01Matrim019 months ago

This type of emotional manipulation would be divorce worthy, IMO.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13369 months ago

If I were the husband I would kick her ass to the curb, There is never a reason to humiliate your spouse like this. Besides that such a prank is very cruel and unwarranted. It shows a man that he really should not or can not trust his wife EVER!!!! Take this prank to the judge in divorce court and let the judge decide weather or not this is mental cruelty. Then go after her partner Reg and sue him and his wife for conspiracy to commit mental cruelty.

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

I read this story some weeks ago then saw some alternative endings written by a different author so I reread the original.

What a delusional woman! Hides the gun but leaves knives in the kitchen and probably ropes in the garage. All sorts of issues around the compliance of his boss, the future doesn't look good for her continued employment. Yes this is fiction so it is necessary to suspend reality from time to time but this pushes the envelope too far. No caring partner would think this was a good idea that wouldn't have serious repercussions and then call a halt. They would just perform the play to the audience. No speakers, tablets or prop cars, just a stage performance.

I quite like some of the author's work but their portrayal of women in their stories all seem to suggest we all have some form of mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cruelty is neither fun nor funny.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

Mind games like this deserves some punishment or turn the tables around

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well written, although I hated the story line.

If I were he, I wouldn't respond to her. I'd pack my bags and leave home before she returned, call off work for an indefinite period, turn off my telephone, and disappear for a week. Her cruelty warrants a similar response. Her treatment of her loving husband was absolutely despicable.

G

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One should never; never play jokes on a husband that owns a gun.

The grade should of been a minus 5; -5

The author also joked all the readers with their story deceit. The wife should become

the EX wife.

The Author has set a bias in this readers mind; such enough I'll grade any of their work with lasting bias.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

I absolutely and unreservedly, dolphinately and turtley love this Femdom agitprop story. She would be a challenge, but I would marry this woman in an instant. Or, be in her play if she agreed to change the ending and REALLY test her husband’s forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I hope she enjoys being divorced, and Gary and the professor sued for alienation of affection. I'd also sue the college for breaking up my marriage for allowing a serial rapist take some classes from which he can pick and choose his victims.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

I read this story almost a year ago and gave 5 stars, I still stand by that although the premise story really pisses me off, I don't take kindly to practical jokes and the way she set up her husband was definitely cruel and unthinkable if it happened in real life. But the store was good because of the emotions it evoked in me and others. It is just a story folks, and a good one if it oisses you off like it did me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

ALt ending time. I left the house, after smashing some of her things. Fine china, tore up the wedding album. First thing I told my boss is I quit. I could never work for such a dishonest person, that helped played that kind of joke on me. She said wait, I’m sorry but she really needed me to stay with the company. I turned at the door with a grin and said well I could stay if she helped me get back at my wife’s cruelty. I was going to move out for a while, and to tell my wife I quit and disappeared. I’d work from a remote location for a week. Then I hired another actor to be a PI but make it obvious I was having her watched. I also got divorce papers drawn up and hired a starving actor to serve them dressed as a sheriff. And of course setup a fake attorney. We threatened to sue Reg and the college and the professor. I had them all “served”. Of course we also had the PI recording everything. Their expressions were priceless. I also hired an actress to play the role of my new squeeze when I finally came home. She was furious. I said I didn’t believe her that she didn’t have sex with Reg. She was just a cheating, lying slut and to walked out. I threw another envelope at her that said read me before doing anything. Like her letter I explained my little prank and all of my actor friends were at the Denny’s. I don’t think she thought it was funny either.

lovemesomephillylovemesomephillyabout 1 year ago

What an absolutely cruel woman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another stupid self-centered arrogant female, not worthy of the term wife.

orion2bear2orion2bear2about 1 year ago

No it is divorce time wife humiliated him you are supposed to be partners and she didn't have his back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like another it's mindset and you tortured him. Mentally and emotionally.

Divorce only possible outcome

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As another writer on this site, I say, "Congratulations for a compelling story; imaginative as hell." Keep writing, and you'll always have one reader, at the very least.

Look, folks, it's fiction. No one was hurt, and the wife was honest about everything, and she got what she needed; an honest appraisal of her work.

Write more.

Anon.

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 1 year ago

Nope! I didn’t like this at all. Divorce, divorce divorse

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh what an odd one, it’s all about mindset, and not very nice how it happens.

I can see that you put work into it but sorry I didn’t like how it felt to read it, it sort of turned my stomach really. Funny how reading can get into your head

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The entire thing sucks. Playing with her husband's mind in thinking she's having an affair, getting his boss to let him go home earlier than normal - what boss does this?- all for the ability to get a good grade at script writing? Having him think that she's betraying him is so bad that I'd say it's emotional cheating in it's own way. She said she'd never hurt him, but fuck! what the hell did she think she's doing? And if he has some brainpower, he should wonder if this wasn't a play off a real thing.

--- She's making him wait 15 minutes before going home, giving him time to either calm down or her seeing his reaction. Download the play, pack some clothes & when she returns home, tell her that was overly cruel, then take his luggage & walk out, without responding to any of her pleas. "You can do this to me, I'm not sure you're NOT cheating on me outright. Otherwise, you would've told me not only the play but let me read the script ahead of time, even though I'd still have some big doubts & questions.

--- There should've been a continuation, on what DID happen upon her return & the after effects. Also, including what he told his boss the following day at work. 3 stars- well written & played out overall, even tho I hated what happened. Bob

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

No respect. Mental abuse & torture. Divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

another chapter would help!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The whole story and conversations were so farcical that the dead end ending was the only appropriate ending... what a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To play with someone's emotion and think of it like it's no big deal, it's like classic bully mentality,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would leave her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a waste of reading. Dead end!

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

Hate the ending.Wanted their face to face reaction.

DevonadrianDevonadrianover 1 year ago

The story Seems a bit contrived. But the writing is top notch..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative premise. But her setup to evoke a genuine response of her work from her husband wad harsh. He will get over this...eventually. But the fact she would set this up suggests she has some mental issues. At the very least they need counseling and he needs to understand why she would manipulate into such a position of pain and anger (even if for 15 minutes), so as to see how he woukd react and how he would react to her play. Creative but troublesome. While it is consistent that she would never do something unforgivable to him (i.e. cheat), she was experimenting with hurtling him with something that would require his forgiveness. That is not a good basis for a marriage, let alone a strong one. Be careful what you wish for ...

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Different, but her motivation is incomprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stubbyone nnnnnnnNO it is not fiction! how old are you? ten? there is nothing new under the sun, no this story is based on real life event

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66over 1 year ago

The author has the wife write a letter in which she reveals the outcome of an event that has yet to happen. There is no point to the wife's actions, why would she do this? To anger her husband? To ruin her marriage? This story is nonsensical. Zero stars, were that possible.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

Just incredible writing ! 2nd time reading, but I’d forgotten the ending. Fellow readers, it’s FICTION !! It’s a story, designed to entertain. No one got hurt. No one was lied to. It didn’t happen in real life. Thanks for sharing what’s in your very fertile mind. 5-😊😊😊😊😊

norcal62norcal62over 1 year ago

You built up the place of honesty in the first place, and then you forget about it. The deception with hubby was unnecessary and created an unpleasant story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 star dislike. Not for the quality of the writing or the plot building but for the sheer arty arrogance behind the wife's actions. The same old personal angst trip that so many weird arty types have that "I and others must suffer" if my art is any good.

Since she was supposed to be writing a play that her instructor (ess, of course) would find believable did it not occur to her that her husband could easily believe she had played this out for real? What if he'd decided NOT to read the letter BEFORE doing something real serious? His gun being hidden only ruled out one method.

At the very least he should have taken off for a few days to let her sweat. Taken the letter with him so she would have no idea if he'd read it and then left her a note implying that he hadn't read the letter and once he found a replacement gun he just might be looking for her and her friend Reg. Let's see how she would art-talk her way out of that unintended consequence of an incredibly stupid stunt.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

I like the story because of its novelty and how it might progress and because it got me in the gut. I doubt I could handle this level of subterfuge and that's why I gave it four stars. I look forward to more of your work. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know I've read this before, and I think I even commented on it. I've also read the alternate ending, that I thought had a better result, as it tied up some loose ends like where did his gun go? I only Mention it, as that's a felony "to steal a hand gun in some states." That alone will get you some serious jail time. Myself, I'd divorce the bitch. Forgiveness or not, TRUST is gone between them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, all you stiff shirts, I thought the story was great fun. He said early on that they liked to play pranks on each other. Well, this seems like the ultimate prank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

to quote anoter anonymous:

"Let’s have a drinking game called: “How many lawsuits resulted?”

First, obviously, he files for divorce on the charge of cruelty.

Next, he sues the other guy for whatever his state allows: intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.

Then the professor, and the school. I’m sure a decent attorney can find a few options here to jack up the dollar amount.

Finally, his employer. Hoo boy, is this on a doozy. I know a couple of labor lawyers that would give their left nut for a case like this.

The best part is, he has a recorded confession!!! No settlements, no NDAs, take each suit to court, and play it for the judge and jury!"

Even by the standards of this site, this is one of the most stupid women I’ve read about.

and by ZippityDoDaDay

I want you to imagine your own ending" = Lazy writing

that probably sums it up quite well

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

"You have written many times when accused of not writing endings to many of your stories " I want you to imagine your own ending" = Lazy writing. Your readers are reading for a good story, not to use their own imagination for completion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let’s have a drinking game called: “How many lawsuits resulted?”

First, obviously, he files for divorce on the charge of cruelty.

Next, he sues the other guy for whatever his state allows: intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.

Then the professor, and the school. I’m sure a decent attorney can find a few options here to jack up the dollar amount.

Finally, his employer. Hoo boy, is this on a doozy. I know a couple of labor lawyers that would give their left nut for a case like this.

The best part is, he has a recorded confession!!! No settlements, no NDAs, take each suit to court, and play it for the judge and jury!

Can anyone think of any more suits? Are there criminal charges possible?!?

Even by the standards of this site, this is one of the most stupid women I’ve read about.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a chance in hell I’d forgive that stunt. She intentionally hurt me for a grade? And now she wants to go out for pizza? I’d sooner throw the pizza in her face or shove it up her ass. Welcome to the rest of your life as a single parent. I told her there were certain things I would never forgive.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

As a follow on to my previous comment, gave it a 5, well written, and hated it.

I almost threw up my coffee at the end of it, and I still want to put a claymore up someone's ass and hit the clacker. So I guess you got an emotional hook into me but those aren't the emotions anyone would ever want to see me display.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

The first words from Gary's mouth, "You broke my heart for a fucking grade?!" Vera just found out one of the unforgivable actions Gary won't forgive her for, as she knew how badly this would impact him.

Way to go, you got an A+ and a divorce. How did that work out for you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely disgusting story and if hubby goes back to her> he is more stupid as she is UTTER shit

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

To me this play in itself is an act of Deception and is almost as bad as real affair. Gary could have had a heart attack because of the stress. Vera needs to be turned over Gary's knee and Spanked. Thanks for your writing.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Bye bitch, not a fucking chance in hell

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That's fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was certainly different, if it were me I would be packed and gone before she got home with my ring on the recorder. Let her suffer through the beginnings of a divorce before laughing it off as a planned realistic play of his own.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

I was shaking after I read it, and it took me a long time to digest my own reaction, then rate the story, and finally comment on it.

5* for absolutely THE worst thing a woman did to her man I ever read here.

The author HAS TO BE applauded for an all time low of an abominable hateful action by a woman against her man, tempered only by her manifest mental incompetence, the way I see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hmm this was difficult for me to read, because realistically that's one of the absolute shittiest things you could do to your spouse and she did it for fun. Imagine emotionally manipulating your spouse for the memes. Rip.

At the same time, it was well written, it built decently well. I'd say overall it's a 3 because it doesn't have an ending but was enjoyable.

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

Can you please remove the hook from my mouth? Big 5.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

that was really fuc up.....but it did get an AAAA i mean 5555s

that can't be all though, mrbill

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story well told, leaves you thinking - as evident by the huge number of comments. Clearly, severe consequences must follow. Is it forgivable? I think yes, but only after a lot of hard work to understand what brought this on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1* no real ending. Hubby is a complete LOSER if he stays married to this psycho CUNT. She IS cheating and laughs about what a clueless sissy her hubby is for buying all her BS. What she did was no joke. She really is a mental case. And his CUNT Boss (of course it's a woman boss that would go along with this crap) I would find a way to make her pay as well.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Well written. Wife is crazy.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story, but damn, the wife is a heartless bitch. He needs to go on a rampage and then divorce her ass for mental anguish.

All writers want to invoke an emotional response and this one certainly does that

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting. As a play concept. The reveal by setting him up to believe it real was academically unnecessary. Although, perhaps a breakthrough iteration for Lit LW. Still a cruel turn.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Realistic dialogue. Unexpected ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, lousy story, but depressing. After 15 years of marriage, I found out my husband was tapping some women at business conventions years ago. Whipping myself into shape got me thru my rage and one afternoon I eagerly went off with a young muscle head from the gym, the first of several.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To hurt someone she supposedly loved like that, just to get a reaction... She might as well have cheated

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous