All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 650 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

1* GARBAGE

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
incomplete

what kind of ending is that. what did gary do? me i would devorce the stupid bitch. what kinda bitch does this. to me this was almost as bad as cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Vera goes home later

finds Gary dead on the floor: acute myocardial infarction (heart attack). So clever of all of them. Now see if she can ever forgive herself. 1* Stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hate

Anger wouldn't even describe what i would feel....

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Wow

Just how,stupid was the moron he married? His boss went along with this?

Even suspending disbelief, she history.

btw: it needs an ending.

Winter2011Winter2011over 9 years ago
forgive her she says

But she isn't sorry nor apologised so... man this is stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

What a fascinating person you've created in this wife. Life with someone that sharp and passionate would be a real challenge, but certainly worth it. Telling any more of the story would honestly ruin the power it has, it seems to me. Thank you for writing this; I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Seems you want

your two stories today to really make the reader angry. Two women who are clearly not in any way good women. who could be insane, and who TALK too much and manipulate their husbands to hurt them. They claim that is no the case, but talk and talk and talk. They clearly believe their actions are justified. Real life? Only if we find insanity acceptable. Plausible plot? No. Likeable characters? No. I am glad you had fun, because reading this crap was not fun. And of course you must like JPB because you did not complete the story. Obviously you did not want us to know what the husbands decide because maybe you did not know yourself. By the way if that is true, your significant other ought to be worried and you should maybe let her read this story to see how you view reality.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
IF THIS PLAY EVER OPENS

it will be way off Broadway in remote summer stock. TK U MLJ LV NV

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Couldn't decide

I've just read this twice to help me decide how I feel about it. Shit, I'm still confused; I enjoyed your writing skills, the plot, even the characters, BUT , I'm left with this deep down anger at you, Vera & Reg.

Reg & Vera, because their idea to write Vera's play in this manner, to perform it in front of her tutor & class, record it & then set it up to for the recording to play when Gary came home early is just soul destroyingly cruel. What a slut she is to treat her husband like that, ok, she didn't cheat as such but what a sick way to get Gary to listen properly to her play. Also the lengths she went to achieve it by getting Gary's boss to go along with her stupid plan.

You, the author, for writing this in such a manner to cause Gary such pain, well I'm guessing he's hurting, then worst of all, leaving the story hanging over a cliff edge, come on even the best fiction authors wouldn't leave it like that & let's be honest you nowhere near their standard. Finish the dam story, or let someone else do it for you.

It could have been 5 but not worth that in this state. 3 ***

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Sick shit

If my wife did something like this my first call would be to a divorce lawyer. My second call would be to my soon to be ex informing her she better make her play reality because she needs to find someone else to dump her shit on.

I've looked at two of your stories now and my only thought for both is sick. I would suggest that you find a good therapist, it is sad that anyone would write sick shit and think any normal person would enjoy reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
from Duna

Incomplet story, but it is humorous. First time I give 5*****, perhaps the last to know this Author's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cruelty

Isn't mental cruelty 'grounds for divorce'?

Good story though

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Totally stupid

Really shitty to treat ones husband this way. HA HA good game , just kidding.

Right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No comment...

....just three stars...... And you should know better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
POS

I think you just set a record for having two stories posted in the same day that are total Pieces of Shit. Don't quit your day job.

LostOneThereLostOneThereover 9 years ago
Forgiveness would not be in her future.

I would never stand having a manipulative spouse. She might as well just gone ahead and made it with ole Reg. Hmmm! I wonder just how much of her belongings I could toss out the window in 15 minutes? I hope your virtual house's master bedroom faces the street... 1* for lack of effort. Next time... listen to the Meatloaf song you used in the description.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

Good story but I would kill the bitch.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 9 years ago
Excellent attempt

at trying a little different. Overall confusing though! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
coulda really threw a twist in there

If he had what many middle aged men have, a bad ticker he or she didnt know about, then she would come home and find him on the bedroom floor dead as a doornail. Victim of a massive heart attack triggerd by extreme stress. I wonder if that would satisfy her need for guilt?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I give it four stars...

... I have no idea why. The story was well written, although the plotline bothered me. I'm guessing she manipulated him because he couldn't be truthful about her writing. I find that to be a poor excuse for the mental torture, she put him through. Some say the end justifies the means. In the end she finds out he did find the play believable. Of course she already knew others found it believable and thanks to her manipulation he believed her to be cheating before he entered the house. So that skews her fact-finding mission. Since he does love her, I would guess he would forgive her. I doubt he could ever forget. In the end she drove a wedge into their marriage and all she got for it was knowledge, that she already possessed. It seems out of place for a loving wife. Perhaps I should've given it three stars. Nevertheless please keep writing. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More

I want you to write ch.2 and make her and his boss know what it feels like. do right it would be good story. Waiting to see?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Something New? Not From YOU Ed!!

Just more humiliation of the male gender. No LW here. Why is it you can't post in a correct genre? As always, 1*. At least you didn't ass rape him this time.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

I think this woman is crazy. She's the kind that will eventually rationalize cheating for real. Run!

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Fuck That

Now, after that nasty, sick, manipulative game she played, he needs to leave. He needs to pack a suitcase and walk the fuck out. He needs to dissapear for a week or so. He needs to let his shitty wife and fucked up boss think about what they have done. He needs to think about what he wants to do with the rest of his life. Life it too fucking short and filled with too much pain to stay married to a person who inflicts unnecessary pain on her husband. If he is such a great employee, he can find another job. FUCK THAT SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Part 2?

I liked the story- but it just seems unfinished. Could he forgive her for this- or was his marriage truly over as implied at the start of the story? She set out to knowingly and willfully hurt him in the worst manner- and it seems like she is acting like it is just a bad joke at his expense. Was it really necessary to do this to him- her class project was already done so what did she gain besides hurting him in front of her writing partner It seems unlikely that they would come out of this without serious damage to the relationship.

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
Why are all your male characters WIMPS?

Such a shame as your stories are predictable from the first paragraph. This one was an easy prediction that there was no cheating. Just your expected dose of humiliation towards the husband. It got stale after the first story you wrote

vazkor13vazkor13over 9 years ago

I do not understand some of the reactions, nothing really happened :

"If you didn't wait to hear the whole thing, you don't know the ending, so I'll tell you. I never do sleep with Reg. We end up talking each other out of it. It had to be at least a little realistic for me even though I don't think the teacher liked the ending. "

So yes, she hurt him by manipulating and inflincting a lot of emotional pain, I do not know what I would do, some payback is in order obviously.

But I know would NOT break an otherwise happy marriage with kids.

oscar73oscar73over 9 years ago
incomplete

he told her that some things were unforgiveable. this prank might be one of them. need a part 2 for ending.good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Such a Joke

Another excuse for a whore to become a skank. Make a prat 2and dump the slut.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Nothing really happened?

Other then her lying to him, manipulating him and emotionally hurting him bad enough that he destroyed a door, was about to end a marriage and sat and cried. Yep nothing really happened.

Oh, and the loss of trust? Lets not forget about the loss of trust. What her actions communicated was that she was willing to commit this amount of harm on her husband because she wanted to know if her writing was good. Would you trust someone willing to do that? I wouldn't.

My wife writes. I like pretty much all the things she writes. I offer criticism to help her improve but I like her writing. If she didn't believe me and did this to me....

It would not be pretty.

Well written, but without his response the story left me unsatisfied.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 9 years ago
both silly and stupid

there is a reason why, ON AVERAGE, this author writes stories rated mostly between 2.5 and 4, and almost never a 4.5 to 4.9, despite his many submissions...

this is just another wrinkle on his favorite topic of "NonConsent/Reluctance."

the author's ability to tell a story is actually not bad; but his focus on almost exclusively NonConsent/Reluctance seems to have wired his story-telling to some degrees, so even when he's doing a "Loving Wive" story, it is read like a NonConsent/Reluctance story, where one of the other of the author's characters is being unwittingly and non-voluntarily dragged through a "play" kicking and screaming.

had this story been a purely comedic one, it would have likely worked. as a story of two supposedly loving person met during the last year of college and who have married and have had children and successful careers, the story just sounds too much like it is in some Twilight Zone of some type... and that makes it hard to really enjoy it... and LIKING any of the characters is not even in the running...

CHEAING WIVES and STRANGER CAR IN DRIVE WAY, then, don't merit more than a 2.5 -2.9 or so star rating... below average stories... despite the time, effort, and thoughts the author invested in the stories....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pack and leave

Any spouse who would do that to his or her spouse clearly does not respect the relationship let alone the marriage. Color it however with artistic fluff and crap, such actions shows where the husband and his feelings really ranked in her life. Sadly I could see something like this actually happening in someone's warped world.

Cheers.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Loved it!

Great twist to an old plot. I congratulate you for your ingenuity.

I look forward to reading more of your plots.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The Perfect Ending

The perfect ending would be like this

He would turn on the bedside radio. Volume turned down low. Reach under the night stand and get the gun he's hidden there. The one she know nothing about. Gets real close to Reg's iPad and tell her he's glad she's listening. Tells her he's glad they are getting some much joy out of his, her husband's, pain. Tell her it is the best thing she has ever written. It's destroyed him. His job, his love and his life, everything. He holds the gun up so they can hear him cock it. "Tell my children I'm sorry." then fires the gun into an old book placed in a corner of the room. The bullet going through the book, which catches the burn marks, through the carpet in an obscure place in the room, and into the dirt under the house. He falls to he floor. Then quietly and quickly gets up, the radio covering the small sounds, takes the book and the gun and leaves the room. Heads down to the local mall. Buys his wife a nice gift. Arrives home at the regular time. Pretends like he has no idea what they are talking about when the police question him. When it's explained to him, he looks at her and asks how she could do that to someone she claims to love. Turns and walks out...

deadonedeadoneover 9 years ago
WOW what to say

Original (slightly contrived but original) yes

Well written yes

Fadelity yes

'Loving Wife' hard to define but yes

Thoughtful wife maybe (fails to see all the implications)

Self centered NOT YES BUT OH HELL YES

Wow how to respond to this. Glad hubby did not get hurt going through the door nor did he have a heart attack. But what if he had just left? What if he had not busted down the door and waited building hatred?

She likes to play with nitroglycerin! Once anger fuels hate good luck putting it out let along winning back love, forget trust. The pain that he felt will not go away quickly if ever. She will have one strike against her for years to come.

I don't want to give it a 5. Because of its technical quality, and how it can stir up such emotion I have to give a 5

TXanyTXanyover 9 years ago
Great writing..

As I was reading, I wondered why the score had been so low...the prose was excellent so why was the scoring so bad? Then I got to the end. I didn't like the manipulation, any more than most of the other readers; however, I still thought you should be rewarded for the great writing, and punished (here) for the crummy story. Great writing...but not laughing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just

Just another Saturday Night Special to put a slug in your fucking inflated head. Good bye you fucking slut. I will shit and piss on your fucking grave.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 9 years ago
I agree with the perfect ending

comment from Anon. Don't like the premise or the actions of the wife. What Vera did was cruel and I find it hard to believe that she would do that to someone she loves.

I think Gary should walk out and not be there when Vera comes to the house. He should find a motel or something and stay gone the whole weekend. No on second thought, that's just as childish and dumb as what Vera did.

For me, and I admit I'm a reactionary, this scenario would be almost as bad as actually cheating. It shows a lack of respect for Gary.

Well written with all the pieces nicely explained and tied together. I'm as guilty as many where I rate a story. If I like it I give a high rating, if I don't I have a hard time looking past the plot and characters to rate the writing.

For me this one was disliked more than liked. Sorry.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
worthless bitch

she drew it out and caused pain to the man she claims to love. what a bitch she would be packing her bags period if that was my wife.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 9 years ago
Once again

The man is left taking no action, only the recipient of whatever excrement the partner (using that term ever so loosely) has heaped on him. Tiresome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
finish the damn story!!

she was cruel! there is no just excuse for her to torture a good husband!!

muse59muse59over 9 years ago
Systematic destruction of a marriage.

Emotional torture is just as harmful as a violent act if not more so. Vera has systematically destroyed the trust her marriage must have to survive. A marriage is based on love that forms a bond between two people; love that is unselfish to the point you will put the physical and emotional wellbeing of your spouse above your own; you will protect the bond you share by never allowing anything or anyone to damage that bond. Vera has betrayed that love and bond as well as destroying the trust they share; it is now broken regardless she did not follow through with a physical affair. All the psychobabble she spouted was to manipulate Gary as well as appease and justify her actions to herself. Gary needs to file for divorce; sue Reg for alienation of affection, his boss and the company he works for and resign. He has more than enough evidence to support the suits with the recording, Vera’s letter, a few photos of the room and car. I’m sure his friends Larry and Kara will feel betrayed and manipulated too.

He will never feel comfortable working with his boss again without believing his boss and coworkers are laughing behind his back. He will never be able to trust Vera and if he should stay with her there will always be that bit of doubt in the back of his mind about her relationship with Reg; he will forever wonder if he is being manipulated again and that will destroy him.

Vera professed to love Gary; but how can you truly love someone and then emotionally hurt, manipulate, humiliate, damage his self-confidence, not to mention his career. In essence she already has destroyed him.

This story is not finished! If you do not want or can’t finish it maybe you can ask FinishTheDamnStory to complete it for you. I look forward to reading the ending.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 9 years ago
It's a no go.

Simply put, In Louisiana it is called "mental cruelty", Mental abuse and are grounds for the response I would prefer. "Divorce". My reason--if she could dream it up and go thru all that to implement her plan, it is only a step to the real thing. Preventive measures could well be needed to protect his sanity, mental health, and self respect. At the very least weeks with a good counselor would be required. Damn good read though, very thought provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I can only assume you have no faith in your own story

That's clearly indicated by the so-called ending.

<P>

You left too much to pass this off leaving it up to the readers’ interpretations. He was manipulated by the woman who claims to love him, who doesn’t assume for a minute that he would want to leave her over this. She mentally fucks him over and thinks a little destructive action will back it all better. You have his boss also fuck him over, thinking the bribe of a promotion will equal everything out.

<P>

However, the worst part is you do this without giving him a chance to give ANY indication on how he is going to react. The set up is all 1st person from his POV, and the end is her letter, 1st person from her POV. Someone remarked he was “left taking no action”. Not really because he wasn’t allowed this. We weren’t allowed to know anything about what he was thinking, pro or con. You just dumped everything on him and the readers and then, the end. This wasn’t clever, this wasn’t a twist. This was shitting on your characters and the readers.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 9 years ago
excellent!

but I do hope there is a sequel to wrap up the loose threads. This is one if those stories, I believe, that a flock if people will want to write their own sequel since the possibilities are really endless. I do understand that a sequel will be much harder to write with the same quality of involvement and misdirection.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
PET milk cans

PET condensed milk used to come in cans that showed a cow's head coming out of a PET milk can which had a cow's head coming ... ad infinitum. ER has provided 'We, the Readers' with a series of imbedded story aspects. A few commenters have reacted to the play story. More have reacted to Sweetie's manipulation of Hubby's emotions.

I choose to react to ER's story. I think it is an exquisite LW story. We have an adventuresome wife fooling her Hubby. Not by fucking Reg (not a Bull), but by fucking with Hubby's mind and putting their relationship at (some) risk (because I'm not as confident as Sweetie that Hubby agreed to forgive a moderate transgression - or that Hubby will classify this as LOW as 'moderate!')

This story has definitely engaged a good number of heated comments, at considerable and predictable risk to ratings. Readers have proposed a wide variety of endings, some morbid but most expressing strong condemnation of Sweetie's ploy! That, in itself, suggests that the story is strong AND that ER's decision to end it where it did was the appropriate decision.

Got to go with 5*

(and, NO, I also would be massively pissed at Sweetie ... but it is forgivable ... and not just for their progeny.)

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 9 years ago
Divorce the bitch.

FTDS. She was cruel and mistreated him. Dump her ass. There was no love there. Well written. Caused a surge of anger in many readers I am sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
marriage is hard enough

too play games with it sucks.in your stories the woman is always,forced to look good .that also sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2nd chapter

He goes to hotel, first drops off laptop and script with friends who were duped. In morning goes to work and immediately goes to see his boss, as per her instructions the night before, and awaits this morning instructions. If boss waves him off, sending him back to work, he goes back to work. End of story. If his boss asks if his home life will effects his work, he needs to contact the crises counselor in hr dept.end of story. If the boss apologizes for being drawn into his family life, he should give the boss one of two options. One) call legal and set up a conference with the three of you. She explains how his wife convinced her to be apart of his intimate, non business life. And he gets to explain his wife's letter explaining his boss gave secret and privileged company information to a non-company individual. And let legal explain what the company's position will be. Two) he quits the first in morning, goes to find new house, and job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

another chapter ,she she faced him instead of writing a letter she should have faced him and tell him the truth personally

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good, 5 Star, in fact

but we need another chapter at least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
waverunnerbob

Chapter 2 - he says he forgives her, but no one else. He quits his job and takes care of Reg in some fashion. Can his wife stay with him, knowing what she caused???11FC

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
End it!!!

He should go ahead and start packing. If she gets home while he is still there let her know that he is leaving her, he is going to sue the other man, the university and his ex-boss for destroying his marriage. Then move to the tropics and screw every woman h

he can.

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Original

!Nice writing and very creative (too much for some!) Doubt if it would ever happen of course, so why worry whet happened afterwards. Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Vera is pretty fucked up...

...who puts a spouse through that shit for a class assignment? That would be rather manipulative, uncaring, highly selfish and would shatter the foundation of the marriage.

A person that would do that at your expense is not a person you want to be married to.

ohioohioover 9 years ago
A remarkable story

Wonderfully original and strange--and painful, too. You leave the aftermath wide open, so we readers can (indeed have to) imagine how things might go after that.

One reader said that the husband should disappear for a few days, leaving no word--that would give the wife something to think about!

I know a lot of people are pissed-off by the story, and they're not shy about saying so, but I think it was beautifully done, and totally unexpected. Great job.

Thanks, ohio

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Excellent story....

An A for effort. An A for presentation. And an A for originality. Well done.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Many have said it better than I can

The story was pretty well-written, but it really leaves the reader hanging. The reader does not know if hubby forgives her or if he files for divorce on the basis of mental cruelty. Or maybe he needs to get even, as Ohio and another reader speculated -- i.e., just leave and let her wonder and worry for a while, thus causing her some pain. The common thread with many of ER's stories is the humiliation of the guy. He is going to find it tough dealing with his boss who essentially played a part in deceiving him. It's comparable to the story, "The Joke," for which there have been several endings written (and this story needs such a finish as well).

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 9 years ago
Well written!

A good idea, crying out for another chapter.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
ditto on all the compliments !

I see a marriage that appears to be prosperous by all conventional standards and yet is withering on the vine by the wife's. A gauntlet has been thrown. She is challenging him to rise to the next level where she imagines herself to be. Is she correct ? I doubt it.

There is evidently an intense connection to Reg that needs to be determined as well. I'm reminded of 'The Joke ' by Agena. Both mindfuckery and storytelling inextricably intertwined between author, reader, husband and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story!

This was really well written and a fantastic new twist on the "Cheating wife" story.

I have to admit, I did feel for the main charecter and in his position would have a REALLY hard time forgiving the wife for the exceptionally cruel trick she has played on him in the name of art.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
WOW! HAVE YOU PISSED A LOT OF READERS OFF!

I don't think many of them even know what you accomplished. It's true your story had a wife that wasn't very likeable and a husband who was too much of a wimp to speak out when questioned about forgiveness; even with such characters you accomplished the mission of every writer, you made the reader passionate about your story. Yes, some of them hated it, I didn't like the plot myself, but how many other writers on this site can generate such hate?

I gave you a five for the raw emotion you generated. Sure you may have a few tech. errors, but those you can learn to correct. Making readers give a damn about the story or the characters are much harder to learn; you appear to do it naturally. Good Luck!

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

story was pretty good but it leaves alot hanging on what happens after he gets done reading the letter. as far as I'm concern I don't know if I would believe that she didn't have an affair. there real is no real proof that she didn't only her word.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
WOW! HAVE YOU PISSED A LOT OF READERS OFF!

I don't think many of them even know what you accomplished. It's true your story had a wife that wasn't very likeable and a husband who was too much of a wimp to speak out when questioned about forgiveness; even with such characters you accomplished the mission of every writer, you made the reader passionate about your story. Yes, some of them hated it, I didn't like the plot myself, but how many other writers on this site can generate such hate?

I gave you a five for the raw emotion you generated. Sure you may have a few tech. errors, but those you can learn to correct. Making readers give a damn about the story or the characters are much harder to learn; you appear to do it naturally. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dear Vera...

I read your letter. I guess the jokes on me... Or will it be on you? Hope you, reg and penny had a good laugh. but just know.. revenge is a bitch.. Goodbye.

Gary packs and leaves. Stays in a hotel. Can't be found. Vera is frantic. Gary calls his boss and has her meet him. Threatens her with legal action unless she cooperates with his plan. she agrees. She gets some actors from previous classes to cooperate in the plan. One of them serves Vera with with divorce papers. They set up a court and Vera shows up not knowing it's all fake. Gary plays the recording in court. The "judge" grants the divorce despite Vera begging for forgiveness. she breaks into tears saying how sorry she is... Then everyone breaks out laughing... Vera realizes it was all just a joke at her expense. Payback. She laughs a little, but Gary looks forlorn. He say, "I thought this would make things right for the cruelalty you did to me, but now... I don't know. I don't think things will ever be the sane between us. Any of us. How can I trust my boss isn't in in some sick joke again? How can trust my wife won't do it for real? She's already betrayed me with her play. ...". Gary walks out... Vera isn't laughing any more.

I liked the other commenters ending where he pretended to shoot himself too. She fucked with his mind, hey turn about is fair play.

magmamanmagmamanover 9 years ago
Different

I like different.

Thanks,

MGM

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124over 9 years ago
Good story until the end, and then...

It leaves you hanging. I kind of got lost in the wife's logic in all of this, but I guess it worked out. I just wanted to know what he did. Did he smash the car? Did he destroy their marital bed. This would have been a cruel situation. I definitely would not meet them at Denny's! I would be sitting waiting for her to come in then slapped her so hard she fell on her butt, then let her be the one asking for forgiveness.

5 stars on the erection meter. I do like a good cheating wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
marriage over.

Any sane man's trust would be gone, not a lot left, new marriage, new job, new friends, if you think not you are a complete wimp in real life.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Twisty :-)

I'd be pissed. Love & marriage are difficult enough without using your emotions against you needlessly.

I like the idea of just disappearing for a few days and a cold, cold period of anger when I come back. Let her suffer for her trangressions. All in all it calls for a sequel?? 4*

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Jebus!

A lot of hard asses up in here.

I would have read her the riot act then demanded some sort of penance. It doesn't mean she doesn't love him. It just means her judgement is off, as happens to a lot of us when we're excited about something, in her case, her class.

I do like the idea of him maybe disappearing for a few days and hiring someone to have her served. She'll get the joke when she sees Chinese take out menus in the envelope but, just being served will make her piss her pants.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 9 years ago

Let's see, like a lot of stories lately, it's boring, the characters aren't well defined at all, it's not erotic and it clearly doesn't belong in this category.

But, in this one, no violence occurs and a woman doesn't die. So without reading any comments first, let me take a stab in the dark. Rather than being rated highly and praised for being 'original' it will be rated poorly. None of the comments will be about what is actually wrong with the story, that it's not interesting either as a piece of fiction or a piece of erotica, that the wife's character makes no sense, that it's boring as hell, but they'll be about what 'real men' would do in this situation, writing their own endings and calling the author names and threatening a fictional character as though the commenters don't actually. understand the difference between reality and fiction.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Very Different

Top marks for writing some thing different it was a brave move and worth. For a change a story about a wife who is loving, little messed up perhaps, not got all her marbels, however she did not cheat !

The story does need a sequel to inform the readers what happens after the dinner at Denny's 15mins from now !

Good Story

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
**

BTB! I'd be headed for a shark lawyer and file a petition for divorce -- just to shake her up like she did to him. I've no sense of humor in that sort of situation. Cheers!

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 9 years ago
Different

I liked this story. yes she was selfish but then her loving husband endured some discomfort to help her do something she's always wanted and no permanent damage (like adultery) was done.

I might need some time to cool down but this was a good loving wives story as she was testing her new talent on her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Be ready for her to come home in 15 minutes

And meet her on the porch with her bags already packed, take her house key from her and let her know she'll be served within the week.

Never ever stay with a conniving cunt like Vera.

extemporeextemporeover 9 years ago
Very Creative . . .

which is not all that common in LW. I liked it 4**** worth, but wonder if a more extensive ending would make it a better story. I don't really know. Good job.

I do know that if my (ex) wife had done anything like that, the manipulation would have infuriated me and we would have divorced years sooner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Clever plot.

Although my reaction is to predict that the next action of a rational man in this case would be to sue for divorce claiming abuse - mental cruelty. I certainly would not live with a person capable of acting out such a diabolical prank. Think of living with the day to day knowledge of this. Not me, folks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
please finish his reaction. Mine would be severe.

Please finish his reaction.

Mine would be severe.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 9 years ago
He should pack a bag and leave her a note, and get out of town

The note should tell her that he doesn't believe her, and thinks she has cheated on him, and this was just a way of covering her affair up, and he is going to file for divorce, just to rattle her cage and have her feel the hurt she has put on him.

He should make her see a shrink, and get counseling to fine out what is wrong with her brain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave you

one star for your story. not for the good writing no for the malice, spite, venom and coldheartedness of your story and your thinking it's erotic so I poste it at literotica.

your one sick fuck and I don't envy anybody who is close to you. somebody with such a fantasy is always a danger .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
CACA

And that's as kind as I can be. I hope you forgive me.

user110user110over 9 years ago
im not sure i could get over it

theres some sort of psychopathy going on there. she did all that just to get his opinion of a school assignment that has already been graded. selfish and cruel is apt.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
cruel

her way of getting his reaction was way over the top. not even thinking of the anguish she had caused him or his feelings. think its time for him to maybe move on

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
And if....

And if, for instance, he had an heart attack listening the recording outside the door? How would she forgive herself? The reason not rating 5 * was we didn't know in the end, how he felt when he learnt the truth...After all he was telling the story...

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Since They're Listening

Tell her to give him an hour.

Then pack his shit and leave.

To play with his emotions for a stupid class is cruel.

I hope she can live with her A+.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Finish The Damn Story!

Where is FTDS when we need him?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
chapter 2

Gary tells Vera "As I said there are some things which I will not forgive, so in order to have me forgive you for this cruel stunt you must prove to me that you did not cheat on me ever" then he walks out.

The following day he files for divorce citing mental and emotional cruelty and lawsuits for intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress against Vera, Reg, his boss, and the college.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Five stars

Clever, original, well-plotted, thought provoking.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
This is not a healthy marriage

Eom

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
like the story????

will you undergo the same treatment from your wife so that she gets an A??? What will she do next ??? She had already opened a pandora box and i'm afraid it will never close.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
English appears to be your second language.

These stories would read much better if you used an editor.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Risking a Marriage

So she's willing to risk her marriage for a grade. Pathetic character. Also, this is the beginning of a story with no resolution at all.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 9 years ago
Well...

I liked the story, but I think he has a right to be angry and possibly go for a separation. If my wife deceived me like that, I would probably throw her out for a week or so & let her come back part time for another 6 months. I would have a PI on her to make sure she didn't have any sex during the separation.

Also, where's the resolution to the situation? Will there be another chapter? This story sure needs one.

3* because the story is well-written and has an interesting twist to the plot.

rjordanrjordanover 9 years ago
Very strange

The best way to portray an clever, highly imaginative character is to put her in a clever, highly imaginative story. That was really fascinating.

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Ok,....

I liked it, but it really doesn't end until we know Gary's reaction. I definitely would not be heading for Denny's, and Vera might have a tough time finding me at all. You said early on they were both very sensitive, and their games never left one of them humiliated. This was heart attack material. What if sensitive Gary had gone to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and slit his wrists instead of breaking the door down and reading the note?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well its different

With that said, I would NOT forgive her for this. Fine so her and Reg wrote a play and it was considered very good by her teacher and classmate. She didn't have to pull this shit on her husband. Even if he believes her when she says that her and Reg never had sex, she should be history. Thank God she wasn't a medical student. Her teacher gives an assignment to be able to do a complete autopsy which she completes with a high grade and then goes home to show hubby how she did it. One mean assed scary bitch that needs to be put by the curb.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
Whatever She Feels for Her Husband

It's not love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Payback Would Be a Bitch!!

That bitch deserves to be cut-off in so many ways by the husband. If I were him I'd pay all the bills, give her an allowance for groceries, kids clothes and etc. She'd have zero control and say over any of the money situation for the family. I'd also pretty much treat her like the kid's nanny for a while as she has shown she is some real issues going on and only Lord knows just how far they go.

Good writing though!

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
Well, now

As a husband, I would be very disturbed by what she did. There's nothing even remotely amusing about it. It treads on very delicate, dangerous ground for a couple. In his place, I would always wonder later on whether I could trust that seemingly innocent actions on her part really were innocent. And I would also wonder whether she was fully committed to telling me all the important things that I strongly feel I have a need, and right, to know to be comfortable with our relationship. A spouse who would do something like this is taking a huge, and foolish, risk, in my opinion. But the story is obviously thought-provoking and is extremely well done. This is a great addition to the site.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous