All Comments on 'Strange Temptations'

by arrow_poison

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
drsaltdrsaltover 19 years ago
too many errors

I couldn't read past the first page. You lost the consistency early on. The woman was lying on her bed and "got up from the stool" two paragraphs later.

There are spelling and usage errors that jangle the senses. It might be a great story, but you need to edit it to make it readable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
would have been better in English

maybe you should spend your time learning good English rather than submitting pages of errors !

jake8745jake8745over 19 years ago
Editor!!

If you're really from India, I can appreciate some problems you may have with English. We sure do! I think an editor, even a friend who is more fluent, would be a big help. You have a really nice story here but it's difficult reading.

horneybillhorneybillover 19 years ago
great detail

great story. grammar did not detract from wonderful detail. thanks hope you write more. Bill

horneybillhorneybillover 19 years ago
great detail

great story. grammar did not detract from wonderful detail. thanks hope you write more. Bill

smiler03smiler03over 19 years ago
Absolutely brilliant

This is the best story I've ever read on Literotica. Yes there are flaws in grammar but the subject matter was so gripping that I stopped caring on page two. I initially thought that there was no way I'd read five pages, however, I became spellbound and couldn't stop.

The Author seems to have an amazing insight into Male and Female sexuality and is incredibly adept at describing the physical feelings of both sexes. If I was a publisher, but I'm not, I'd be looking to sign this person up, very very quickly.

Max CapacityMax Capacityover 19 years ago
Carping about grammer.

I just edited a book that was released by a major publisher and I agree that a good editor is important to the clarity of the content. However an editor cannot rescue content,creativity or a plain uninspired story.The story was compelling and moved along making the five pages compelling. I have read many well edited pages that were a waste of time for the writer and reader. If the author wants to find help on editing it is his business.If you as a reader are revulsed at your first notice of incorrect grammer,stop reading and save us the carping. I hope Arrow submits more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sorry, Max...

If you are an editor for a major publisher, I hope your editing is better than your spelling - ?grammer - and your vocabulary - ?revulsed; I can't find either of these words in any dictionary in my house, where there are eleven English dictionaries, including the twenty-one and a half thousand-page Oxford English Dictionary which takes up nearly five feet x 13½" of shelf space.

I agree with your general thesis that writers ought to be read and judged for their content and creativity above all, but I DO NOT agree with the proposition that writers like this need their English polished up. I am British. It would make just as much sense for me to complain of all the things American writers write in American English - "why don't you get an Englishman to edit and correct your attempts at English?"

That's more or less how you and the other grumblers are attacking this excellent writer. This man is from India, and his style, including his supposed "mistakes", is his own, and has a certain charm in its "Indianness" which lends authenticity to the whole atmosphere of the work.

I and another have made this point already in commenting on the same writer's story "Missing Magazines" - a thoroughly good read, which I can't recommend too highly.

Freddy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Revulsed

Re: 12/16/06 by Anonymous in Brit in Brazil.

Perhaps, you may want to refer to The American Heritage®

Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition 2006 for the word 'revulsed'.

homerjayhomerjayalmost 13 years ago
wow

excellent story. left me wanting more, to read how the two of them "serviced" her.

keep up the great work.

rightbankrightbankalmost 11 years ago
a twist too far

why did you have to take a story that was good on its own and add the son? if you want a mother son story, write one. if you want an aunt nephew story, write one. combining them makes a cluttered, confused, convoluted mess. it was sweet the way it started, then went off the deep end.

and, since English is not your primary language you should engage the services of a diligent proof reader. it is difficult to read around the language errors!

KoushikdeyKoushikdeyalmost 8 years ago
I Love It

it is Also The Best Story. So Hot, So Awesome. I Love It.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Who is who?

The story moves from aunt to mother in such a way that it is confusing who are the main protagonists

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Inconsistencies

“Certainly not... I don’t want your father watching this time”

Certainly not to what? When was the father watching?

Who the heck is Nick?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous