SWTOR: The Emperor's Wrath Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm a man of courtesy so I'll go through the standard pleasantries anyway." The Grand Modd continued. "My name is Rycus Kilran. Commander of the Fifth fleet, second to the Minister of War, and of course as you've already mentioned my personal favourite: The Butcher of Coruscant."

"Well met, Grand Moff." Aaric replied stiffly, then observed something interesting. "Hmm... Something wrong with the hologram? Or is your face supposed to look like that?"

Vette snickered as she tried to stop herself from laughing out loud. Unfortunately, his jab at the Moff's looks didn't faze him one bit. "The scars? Oh they're just an old gift from a Jedi friend. I barely notice them anymore. Anyway, enough with the small talk. Its time I brief you on why you are here."

Aaric opened his mouth to interject but Kilran had beaten him to it. "Six hours ago, the Republic engaged in an illegal border skirmish on the edges of Imperial Territory. One enemy warship escaped. That warship, named the Brentaal Star, is carrying a passenger of vital strategic importance. Yours is the only vessel placed to intercept."

Aaric quirked a brow. "Is it now? If I'm not mistaken you're probably out of luck. The Black Talon is a transport ship, not a destroyer. You can't really expect a Gage-class transport to take on an enemy warship?"

Kilran chuckled. Oh how naïve this little sith was! "I don't believe you're right. Let me explain. The warship's passenger is code-named 'the general'. We don't know his identity, but the Republic believes he possesses military secrets. Our military secrets."

Aaric cursed once again. If the situation was this critical then any other admiral would have also sent in a transport in desperation. But if he had an exceptional Sith of which to use to his advantage...Shit! Then this makes this ship more viable to carry out this mission. Damn it! I have to shake him off!

"I trust the reports. The general must be captured or killed." Kilran ended with an air of finality. "Captain Orzik, the man commanding your transport, doesn't share my enthusiasm. He's disobeyed my orders to attack. Feel free to show him what the Empire does to cowards. Then commandeer his ship, find the Brentaal Star and deal with the general."

"You are asking me to hijack an imperial ship, make an unauthorised change of course to skirmish with a combat-ready vessel using said ship, a company of marines and a squadron of starfighters?" Aaric summarised with a deadpan expression. "A very enticing balance of odds, good sir. But I'm afraid I must decline. My master, Darth Baras, has strict orders for this ship to get me to Dromund Kaas with utmost speed. I believe the commands from one of such high standing as him would outrank even yours, Grand Moff."

Rycus, however, shook his head as smiled as if making light of the Sith's efforts to thwart him. "Oh, I can sympathize. But I'm sure I can convince Darth Baras to forgive a bit of tardiness. Mark my wordsApprentice. The generalwill be dead or in custody by day's end. If he's not, I assure you... your ship will never reach port. Cheerio!"

The projection cut out before Aaric could protest. Aaric breathed slowly and balled his fists as he tried to keep his temper in check. This was utter suicide! But he had no choice. Either he took the chance and tried to complete the mission, or never reaching Dromund Kaas in one piece. Suffice to say the former was a more appealing choice.

"I will lead the way to the bridge. Once Captain Orzik is deposed and our hijacking is complete, we may proceed to the Brentaal Star." The protocol droid exclaimed, much to his annoyance. He could just destroy the droid right there and then, but it was most probably bugged in order to keep tabs on their progress. Aaric turned to see Vette sporting an annoyed expression.

"Well... Shit." Aaric sighed.

"You just had to jinx it didn't you?" Vette groaned.

"Quiet, you." Aaric scoffed. "Lead the way, droid. Let's get this over with."

"Excellent." The droid beeped. "Then I will proceed."