Tears of the Caribbean

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was very surprised by the royal reception they received when they pulled into Saint Augustine. She knew almost no one, yet everyone knew her; she was an instant celebrity. She smiled and graciously thanked everyone for the well wishes before accompanying Diego to their new home.

She was very impressed with the sprawling villa he'd built for her on the outskirts of town. It was much bigger and nicer than the home they left in Spain. She almost laughed when he introduced her two servants. They would do the cleaning and the washing and the cooking; ah, but can they milk a goat? She chuckled at the thought.

Slowly, things were returning to normal. The Marquesa's wardrobe and household items she'd lost on the ship she replaced from the shops in town. She renewed friendships with people she had known in Spain who had also come to the new world. Little by little she was making Saint Augustine her new home.

What she hadn't been able to recapture was the relationship between her and the Marquis'. It almost seemed the more she made herself available to him the further from her he retreated. He didn't mistreat her but they had lost the romance they enjoyed in Spain. She had no illusions; she knew he was still struggling with her feelings for Sir Guy.

They had been back for almost two months before the feelings Diego held inside boiled to the surface. They had just finished breakfast when he could hold it in no longer.

"You loved him, didn't you."

Finally, she thought. Now maybe we can get it all out in the open. She knew he loved her but he had to be assured of her love for him. He would know if she wasn't being sincere and lies would not assure him of anything. "Yes, Diego, I loved him very much."

"Do...do you still love him? Wo...would you rather be with him?"

For the first time since she had known him she saw the glistening of tears in his eyes. Her own heart was breaking from the knowledge of how her words hurt him.

"Diego, please understand that while I loved him, I never lost my love for you. When he first saved my life I demanded he bring me here to you but he just laughed at me. I hated him. He considered me his salvage from a sinking Spanish galleon; his spoils...but he never treated me like it. Despite his reputation I saw kindness in his eyes. I never thought I'd ever see you again. I was scared and lonely. As time passed I got to know him better. In some ways he reminded me of you."

"Me!" he exclaimed indignantly.

"Yes, Diego; I know he's your sworn enemy but he's not a bad man. He is a soldier, brave, courageous, and loyal to his king just like you."

"He is a pirate, a thief; he's loyal to no one but his own greed," he challenged, raising his voice.

"Yes, it is true he's a pirate but believe me when I say he would lay down his life for his king without hesitation."

She walked up and hugged her husband with all her might. Several times since being home, they had sex but Diego had yet to make love to her like he used to.

"Oh, Diego, please don't ever doubt my love for you. You are my husband. I am here where I belong and where I want to be—with you. I will stand by your side and bear your children with pride and honor and all the love in my heart. In all this time, Diego, you still haven't reclaimed your property. You fought for me and won. I am yours, your spoils of battle. Do it now, Diego, please. Take me to bed and make me yours and only yours again."

She was still the strongest woman he'd ever known. In Spain it was he and he alone for whom her fiery passions burned. She was right. It was time for him to reclaim those passions. He scooped her up in his strong arms and walked her into the bedroom. He rested one knee on the mattress while gently laying her down, never varying his stare from the anxious eyes of black liquid that captured his soul years prior. In a careful but deliberate motion he stripped her of her morning garment before quickly removing his own.

Her body quaked in expectation. He knew her every erogenous zone. His tender touch melted her will and forged it to his own. She moaned with euphoric memories. "Yes, yes, I am yours, my love. I am all yours," she avowed.

Every kiss, every touch professed his love. Once again he ignited the fiery passions of her very soul as he teased her nipples with his dexterous tongue. Her well-manicured nails raked across his back as she abandoned virtue for desire. Her breasts heaved with need as her mate's powerfully strong manhood tenderly split her lips and slipped into her pulsating womb.

Almost instantly she cried out in ecstasy as her quim muscles clamped tightly around his steel rod. Her eyes tightly closed, her jaw clinched as her hands grabbed uncontrollably at the linin sheets. Her sweat sheened body tensed and unintelligible sounds emanated from her precious lips as he watched her body writhe with euphoria.

Slowly, as his lover's breathing became more rhythmic he lowered himself, hovering just high enough above her libidinous flesh to sprinkle it with soft, loving kisses. With her raven hair spread wildly across the pillow her eyes opened with a feral stare as Diego drove his still hard dick home again and again.

"Diego, yes, yes, Diego," she exclaimed. "Don't stop, don't stop..."

This time he could feel his own loins tightening. Camila wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him in tighter. "Yes, YES!" Her frenzied cries got louder and he felt a vise like grip around his ballocks again. With one more thrust, Camila's screams mixed with the guttural noises of her husband's as they were transported in rapture and heavenly bliss.

Camila grabbed Diego around the neck with both arms and pulled him down tightly to her bosom. She felt his hot lava spraying her inner walls and held him close as she reveled in the intimacy.

As their ragged breathing became more controllable, Diego's steel rod was melting away. "Aw," she chuckled as it slipped out.

He rolled off of her and to her side. She took his arm and wrapped it around her as she curled into his body and laid her leg over his. Neither needed words. Yes, he thought, she belongs to no man but me.

***

It took six months before word spread that Captain Hawkins was again striking terror on the high seas. Camila knew Diego struggled with the knowledge that he could have ended the pirate's career that night but he never said anything and neither did the men who were with him.

Camila made good on her word. Over the years she stood by her husband through the good times and the bad. She raised his children, two boys and girl and not once in all the years they lived, did her love for the Marquis' ever waver. Still...

Even with a husband who joined the local political scene and three kids running around the house, there were times when she was able to steal a little alone time for herself. When such an occasion arose, she'd walk down the sandy beach, far enough away from town to make sure no one would bother her. Then she'd sit on the warm sand and stare out to sea. A loving grin would stretch across her still beautiful face as she imagined the one other man who captured her heart sailing the Devil's Mist just beyond the horizon. She could visualize him proudly standing on the quarter deck, his handsome face turned toward her.

"Be safe, my love," she'd say when assured no one could hear. "Please, my darling, take care of yourself."

Epilogue;

July 3rd, 2018; Saint Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum.

She was just a tiny thing but never had Ian seen so much beauty wrapped in such a petite package. He guessed her to be in her early twenties, about the same age as himself. Like a lost puppy, he couldn't help following her from room to room as she inspected the centuries old marine artifacts. He was trying his best to be inconspicuous as he stole glances of her at every opportunity but as sly as he thought he was, she was well aware of him.

At first she was put off by his ogling but after a few minutes she found his shyness kind of charming. She was standing next to an old cannon, reading the plaque in front of it when she heard someone speak to her in a British accent.

"It's an eight pounder," he said.

She looked over her shoulder and saw the shy gentleman smiling at her. "I know," she replied. "The cannons were classified by the weight of the cannonballs they fired."

"That's right," he replied. "Are you interested in maritime archaeology?"

"No, that's what it says on the plaque here."

"Oh, yeah," he said as his cheeks flushed. How stupid can I be, he wondered.

She didn't mean to embarrass him but evidently she had. It looked like he was about to turn and walk away. She obviously didn't know him, she'd never even met anyone from Britain before but she loved the accent and...well, there was just something about him; she most definitely felt a strong attraction. She didn't want him to leave so she quickly spoke up. "Are you?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you interested in maritime archaeology?"

"Oh, ah, yes, yes I am," he said, now with big grin. "I've loved it since I was a kid."

He stuck out his hand. "My name's Ian, Ian Ainsley."

She smiled again as she took his hand. "I'm Cassandra Norton; how do you do."

Now that he had a better look at her close up, Ian was head over heels in love. She was even more beautiful than he thought but what captured his heart were her eyes; she had the most strikingly beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. They reminded him of shimmering black pearls.

"Cassandra; God that's a pretty name," he gushed.

"Thank you," she replied, broadening her smile. "So, you're obviously not from around here; what brings you to Saint Augustine on such a hot day?"

"Oh, I...I'm doing some research with the Saint Augustine Archaeology Association."

"You mean like looking for old bones; that kind of thing?"

"Ah, well yeah, that's part of it, but there's a lot more to it. I'm working on my master's degree in marine archaeology and I get credits for my research. Right now we're carbon dating some French items we found along the St. James River."

Whatever kind of magnetic feeling she was experiencing, it was getting stronger. She studied his face as his spoke. She could see strength and determination, but also kindness and compassion. He was most definitely intriguing and she wanted to learn more about him.

"Carbon dating, huh; I've always wondered how that was done," she lied. "Listen, there's a little pub around the corner that serves the coldest, frosty glass, beers in town. Can I buy you one?"

His heart almost burst with her invitation. "Ah, if you let me buy," he replied with the broadest smile of his life.

"Deal."

Ten minutes later they were sitting at a table for two at Plato's Place. Since Ian had already decided she was the woman he was going to marry, he was anxious to learn everything he could about her. He waited until they both took a refreshing sip of their ice cold beer before starting his inquisition. "What about you, Cassandra, are you from around here?"

"Yep, was born in Saint Augustine and I've lived here all my life," she said.

"What do you do; what kind of work I mean?"

"I'm a teacher," she said with a grin. "I teach history at the high school."

Ian couldn't make his heart stop pounding in his chest and wondered if she could hear it from where she sat. "So, maybe not archaeology but you are interested in history?" he asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah, it was kind of strange; when I first started college I intended to be a math teacher. Math always came so easy for me. All through school it was my best subject. In my freshmen year I needed an elective. About the only thing that fit into my schedule was a course on genealogy. To be honest, when I first took the class I thought it would be boring but as I got more into it I found it really interesting. I started to wonder about my own family tree and decided to track my heritage. There wasn't much from my dad's side but I traced my mother's side of the family all the way back to the early sixteen hundreds when they first came to Saint Augustine from Spain."

"Oh wow, so you really are from here," he joked.

She took another sip of beer then continued. "Yeah, I'll say," she chuckled. "They were actually Spanish nobility; Marquis' and Marquesa Aritza."

"Now that's exciting."

"Yeah, I have to admit it really was, so much so in fact that I changed my major. That's how I wound up teaching history instead of math," she said with a laugh. "How about you; how'd you get interested in maritime archaeology? Is your family in shipping?"

"No, not at all; my dad owns a men's clothing store in London. I've just always had this thing for the romance and adventure of the sea. As a kid I loved all those old swashbucklers, Captain Blood, Treasure Island, The Sea Hawk; I'd watch every one of them every time they came on TV. I read every book, every story I could get my hands on. When I got into my teens I switched from fiction to researching the real thing. I somehow always felt it was in my blood but it wasn't until I got into college that I discovered I was right."

He kept her hanging while he took a sip of his beer before it got too warm.

"Well," she said, looking at him with interest. "What was it you discovered?"

"Well--it is in my blood," he said with a big grin. "I did the same thing you did. My fascination for the sea piqued my curiosity about my bloodline so I started investigating. I found out I have an ancestor who was a pirate. That was just about the same time your ancestors settled here, the early seventeenth century."

"A pirate...like a yo-ho-ho and a bottle of run type pirate?"

He chuckled at her interpretation. "Yup," he said with a proud smile. "He was quite a character; Sir Guy Ainsley. He was actually knighted by King James the First before becoming a pirate."

"He was knighted and then turned pirate; why?"

"Well, his wife died. I guess it just kind of sent him over the edge. Luckily for me they had a son together before she died. Thank God or I wouldn't even be here. I'm a direct descendant. Anyway, he changed his name to Captain Hawkins and built a big castle on Saint Thomas in the Virgin Islands. There are still ruins of it there today. They built a resort around it. They call it Blue Beard's Castle. I actually stayed there for a few days last year, what a kick."

"I'll bet. What happened to him?"

"That's still a mystery. He just kind of disappeared. I suppose he was lost at sea but I've never been able to find out for sure. I haven't given up though."

"That is so neat. Wouldn't it be something if our ancestors knew each other?"

"Yeah, but highly unlikely; remember Spain and England were at war back then. If they met it would have most likely been in battle."

"Yeah," she said a little disappointedly. "You're probably right. It's just..."

"Just...?"

"Oh nothing," she said, dismissing her own thoughts. She was about to tell him of her feeling that she knew him from somewhere but she decided it would sound silly. What she didn't know was that he felt the same way.

"So what happens after you finish with your studies...back to England?"

"No—oh I'm sure I'll go back to visit but this area is the mecca for my line of work. I'll settle down here somewhere, maybe even right here in Saint Augustine," he said, broadening his grin if that was possible.

"Ah, look I know we've just met and I...well, I don't want to come on too strong but..."

"Yes...?"

"Well, have you seen that old looking ship in the harbor?"

"You mean the one that looks like a pirate ship? Don't tell me that's your ancestor's."

"No, no," he laughed; it's actually a replica of a sixteenth century galleon. Its name is El Galeo'n Andaluci'a. A sailing club I belong to leased it for tomorrow night. We're going to take her out in the harbor and watch the fireworks from the deck. I...I know it's awful late to ask and I'm sure you already have plans but...well, if you didn't, would..."

"Yes, I'd love it."

"Really," he asked with excitement.

"Yeah, I usually watch them with my parents from their back yard but this sounds a lot more exciting."

"Great! I'm the acting captain."

"The captain?"

"Acting captain," he explained. "The ship has its own captain and a small crew of about sixty men. They lease it to sailing clubs and enthusiasts who want to experience crewing on a tall ship. They help the regular crew and usually pick their own captain but it's the real captain who actually runs things. I do get to call the orders to set sail though."

"I can't wait," she told him with a smile.

He told her where to meet him on the docks and at what time. She was excited when she arrived and met others from the club. Everyone was so nice and she could tell how much they all liked Ian. She was very impressed as he took his spot on the quarter deck when it was time to get underway.

"Lay aloft and loose topsails," he proudly called with his first order.

She watched in awe as the experienced sailors climbed up the ship's rigging and treacherously worked their way to the ends of the yardarms, balancing on ropes while they untied the sails. Large sheets of white canvas were lowered on the three towering masts with the next order, "Lower topsails!"

She could feel the deck under her feet already straining to get underway.

"Starboard fore braces," Ian called; "Port main and mizzen braces. Brace up fore and aft."

She was enthralled as she watched them pull on thick ropes until the yardarms were in the correct position.

"Weigh anchor," called the acting captain and eagerly men jumped to the winch. Soon the enormous mass of iron broke the water's surface, freeing the proud lady from her moorings. "Hoist outer jib," Ian called and giant sheets of canvas rustled and billowed as they filled with the warm ocean breeze. "Haul out the spanker!"

Since they were only going out a little ways into the harbor, no more sails were required. Ian's job was done so he joined Cassandra on deck. "Well, I have to say, that was impressive," she gushed.

He had a gigantic smile and the excitement was written across his face. "That's the third time I've had the honor and it send chills up my spine every time. That's exactly the way Sir Guy would have done it almost four hundred years ago. When I get on that quarterdeck I can almost feel his pirate's blood flowing through my veins."

Never had Shannon been more impressed or fallen in love with anyone so quickly.

He smiled and put his arm around her as she leaned into him and watched the sky light up with the sound of cannon fire and multi-colored pride bursting with patriotic birthday wishes.

A little more than a year later the captain of the El Galeo'n Andaluci'a gave the happy couple a free ride to Saint Thomas as a wedding present. Upon their arrival, management had been clued in as to the identity of their guests and treated them to the bridal suite at no charge. The large, stone covered room was all that was left of the original residence of Captain Hawkins. Legend had it, it was the pirate's bed chamber. Ian and Cassandra consummated their marriage in the same room Sir Guy and Camila last saw one another...that night their souls bonded with commitment, trust, hopes and dreams, and a love that had been handed down through the centuries.

The end.