Thanksgiving Addiction Cure

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nothing," Alice mumbled.

"You can tell me... I guess," I shrugged.

"Okay," she rolled her eyes, "I really like this purse and I was going to buy it. But the sales assistant just ripped it out my hands, yelling at me that it's not for sale. She then took it to the back. Oh god!" Alice groaned, "I was going to take it to Lindsey's birthday party!"

"Shit, you're still friends with Lindsey," I muttered, looking away.

"HEY!" Alice yelled, loud enough to draw a lot of people's attention. "You don't have any right to question my choice in my friends!"

"I know, I'm sorry," I immediately said. She is right, if my sister met my old friends, she would run screaming. "You really want the purse?"

"Yeah, but it's too late now," Alice said, staring back at her feet. "I just wished I had those boots."

"Boots?"

"These slouchy boots that everyone has. They are these..." Alice trailed off while I lost interest.

She went a long rant about these very special and very expensive boots, mentioning Marc Jacobs, Lindsey and all the babysitting she'd been doing recently. Still the same Alice. Also, how is she going to save up to buy designer boots, babysitting doesn't pay $100 a night. The only way she gets anything close to Marc Jacobs or Chanel, is if she buys some knock-offs or they're stolen. Fuck, Elena! Shit, I probably could get her those boots but there's also a chance that I'll get my nose broken. Then again, it might help my relationship with Alice.

"Fuck," I groaned, stopping Alice from talking about heels. "Gimme your phone," I then asked.

"No," she glared back at me.

"I can get you those boots," I replied with a small smile. She relented and handed it to me. Experiencing a serious case of déjà vu, I tapped on her Facebook app, switched profiles and went searching. Finding Elena, I sent her a message, praying that she hasn't fixed up her life yet. She sent me a message back and her number, we then began texting. If she mentions her brother or Olin, I'm fucked.

I could feel Alice watching me, her eyes flicking from her phone to my face. "Is this your way of apologizing for Halloween?"

"No," I quickly answered, "It's just me trying to be a big brother to you for the first time ever." That's a lie, big brothers don't set up meetings with a former prostitute who can get a little stabby. "Let's go."

---

We were in the Brewery District, standing outside a tattoo store. Alice watched me paced back and forth, my fear slowly infecting her. I shouldn't have brought her here. Also, I shouldn't be here as well. Feeding my habit involved doing a lot of shady things and getting in the obit of some dangerous people, who don't respond to being ripped off with a stern talking to. From what I can remember, I screwed Elena out of $250. Not a huge figure, but in this lifestyle, it was enough to get my face kicked in.

"You really want these shoes?" I asked, anxiously scratching my arm. I felt like I was going through withdrawal again.

"Yeah," Alice replied. She opened her mouth like she had more to say but she then went quiet.

"Yeah, yeah," I repeated, taking a couple deep breaths. "Let me do all the talking. Only open your mouth when I speak to you. And if you see a 7 foot, 500-pound blob with white-guy dreads, run. Leave me behind and run, and then call 911."

I nervously smiled and walked inside with Alice timidly following. Straight away I saw Elena staring back at me. Her black hair was tied up in a bandana, looking like a 50s pinup while her caramel skin was covered in tattoos of snakes. She smirked at me as I approached the counter. Elena had always been sweet on me, letting things slide whenever Ax would say the wrong thing. We never fucked, I could never save enough to afford her and she doesn't do freebies. I just hope I'm still on her good side after the Schumacher deal.

"I was wondering when you'll come in," Elena said, "You looked so scared on the camera."

"Hey Elena," I said through gritted teeth. I looked around for Olin, terrified what that giant will do to me. "How are you doing?"

"Off the streets and put my clear heels in storage," Elena replied. She just stared at me, her eyes never looked passed me to Alice. Right now, I was the only person in this dingy store. "After too many tightwad customers try to skewer me without payment, I took an honest job."

"I heard,"

"You're still keeping yourself informed from your luxurious rehab room," She said, "I know you're trying to better yourself. It's funny. You seen Ax lately?" Elena asked.

"Not since Halloween when he tried to kill me." I looked over my shoulder, there was a small change in my sister's expression. I think it was worry.

"Same here," Elena grinned, "how did he try to do you in?"

"He got pissed that I wouldn't let him rob my family or let him do god knows what to them. So he dragged me out of his pickup and broke everything. I'm lucky he didn't back up or my head will have exploded," I smiled, "You?"

"Tire iron," Elena said, "He was demanding that I pay for him $500 because I used to fake it when we fucked, like it was a refund. Lucky me, I had my Cobra. I fired a couple shots at him, he shit his pants. I think he's in Toledo."

I glanced at Alice, her mouth was wide open. Sex workers, attempted rapes, and gunfights is not something that she's experienced in Upper Arlington. God, I hope not. She had some understanding of what I had been doing with my life for last three years, but never got this close. From what I can remember over the last three years, I don't think she saw me high or going through withdrawal. Also in being an addict, you suddenly accumulate psychotic individuals like Ax who become your friends. I made sure that side never and my family never met, mainly because I knew it would become a bloodbath. Actually, I should have introduced Olin to Gary and watch that giant beat the shit of that beige fucker.

Elena then acknowledged my sister's presence for the first time, glancing at Alice then back me, "She's young for you," she then turned to Alice and said, "You can do better than this fucker! You know how many times he shit his pants?"

"Sister," I blurted out, not really thinking. "She's this guy from rehab's sister. He's been smuggling in some baggies. I get his sister some shoes, I'm even with him. Ax told me about you and Olin's side business. Hitting the warehouses, right?"

"So well-informed," Elena rolled her eyes, "so what you're looking for? We've got Michael Kors, Chanel, a few Manolo's and we've got some new Saint Laurent."

"Can you show her," I turned to Alice and asked.

Alice gingerly approached the counter and flashed her phone to Elena. She looked so nervous and scared as Elena zoomed in, looking like she was about to bolt any second. Fuck, I could have kept her outside and spoke to Elena myself. If she tells Mom, I'm so screwed. I don't think I can live with all three women pissed at me.

"Size?"

"Eight," Alice replied in a just-audible whisper.

"Give me a minute," Elena nodded and retreated into the back.

Alice and I said nothing as we waited. She must know what was happening. She had always been on the right side of the law, unlike me. I don't know if she's the type of person that will walk around stolen boots. Elena then came back, carrying a boutique box with Michal Kors stamped on top. She pulled out a pair of brown -- sorry, chocolate suede boots. Alice tried them on and was ecstatic, strutting across the store. But her smile then faded, she asked how much.

"$650," Elena replied.

"Fuck no!" I involuntarily shouted.

"Dude, these are nine hundred fucking dollars in the real world!" Elena screamed, "I'm giving you a...err I guess thirty percent discount."

Alice put the boots back in the box, carefully cover it with the tissue paper and placing the lid back on. She then turned to me and whispered, "I've only got $300 saved."

She looked so sad, it was making my heart break. I know this would be spoiling her, I mean how many high school seniors go around in shoes that cost a dime. But I did fuck her, so I could make a deal with Elena. I could see the former prostitute from Monterrey want something more than money. I then told Alice to leave the store, she's seen enough criminally activity, it's best to give her some plausible deniability for whatever Elena wants me to do.

"So, how much really?" I asked as soon as the door slammed shut.

"You can walk away with them without costing you a cent," Elena said, reading my mind. "I just need your time."

"My time is worthless," I replied back, this isn't good. "I'm going back to rehab tomorrow. I'm definitely going back and I'm getting clean."

"That's okay," Elena smiled, "I'm not the one asking, Alejandro is. He's got three months left at Noble and wants a big party. You're going to be there and you are going to introduce him to some guys

"How can you trust me to be here in three months?" I asked.

"I guess because we're similar type of people. I'm letting you leave with $650 in merchandise for free because I want to help out my brother, while you're getting your sister a present as an apology for some kind of fuck up."

I narrowed my eyes.

"You two lookalike," Elena said with a big smug grin, "So what did you do?"

"I'll be around," I replied, taking the box, "When your brother gets out, he can find me in Cleveland."

I found Alice nervously pacing near the car. I saw a brief smile on her cute face when I handed her the box. Shit, I really need to stop thinking that way about my sister. She checked the boots, which is a good thing because Elena could easily still be pissed about those missing gold chains in Flint Park. But at least she's happy, that's something I guess. Still, I feel I need to do something more.

"We worked out an arrangement," I anxiously grinned. I then looked at her and blurted out, "About Halloween, I'm sorry."

Alice's face dropped and she just sighed, while my mouth went dry and I felt like twitching. I paused, trying to collect my thoughts. I don't know why I said that; I knew that Alice would never want to talk about that night ever again. But fuck, we're going have to discuss it sooner or later. Especially after whatever Elena and Alejandro are going to drag me into, I'll probably never see her again. So I guess she should know how sorry I am.

"I really am. It was wrong and messed up. I know you hate me, you have every right, I kinda hate myself a lot right now. If you want to tell anyone, you can. I'll accept it. And if me being here is a problem for you, don't worry about it. After tomorrow, I'm gone." I said, walking away.

Alice stayed quiet, staring at her new shoes.

"Also, don't tell Mom that I brought you here and hide those shoes for a while. Just in case," I nervously smiled. "And if you ever see Laura, don't tell her that you just saw Elena wearing her earrings, she still thinks that she lost them in the house."

---

We drove back home, again in complete silence. While I stared out of the window, I could feel the mood change with Alice. She wasn't pissed at me, but I can tell she was still upset with me. I heard her mutter something to herself whenever we stopped at a red light, maybe she was thinking where to hide the boots. God, I hope she's doesn't ask about the deal I made with Elena. We pulled up, I saw Mom's car was gone and a lot of trash bags left out in front.

Walking inside, I saw more trash bags and realized that it was filled with my stuff. I ran upstairs, Alice silently followed me. I found Gary clearing up my old room, discarding every item with a hint of glee. Shit, some of that was what my dad left me.

"What are you doing with my stuff?" I yelled.

"Clearing it out. Some of this stuff needs to be in a dump, just like certain people." Gary said, then throwing out an old Cincinnati Bengals with Esiason on the back.

"My dad gave this to me!" I yelled, tightly gripping the jersey.

"He's gone and so should you," he spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. He then pulled out a box full of my old comic books, dumping them at my feet. He looked at them, shaking his head. "I can't believe that I allowed you to stay here, I should have left you in Cincinnati."

Gary then turned to me, rolling his eyes and saw Alice standing behind me. "I don't know how you fooled your mother, but I know who you really are. You're a sinkhole, you drag everyone around you down," he then paused, looking pass me and to Alice. "I'm not letting you anywhere near her, now. You'll just spread your cancer to her."

"Fuck you," I muttered.

"Fuck me?" Gary grinned, "Why don't we ask your sister? Alice, do you really think that Max will actually get clean and stay that way?"

"I... don't... no I'm..." Alice panicky spoke.

"There's your answer. As soon as you're gone, this family will get better," Gary said, smiling at me again.

We then heard the front door open and then slam shut. "Hey!" Mom yelled from downstairs, "I got takeout."

Gary pushed passed me, smirking as he descended the stairs. I looked at Alice, she was biting her lip and staring at her feet. She eventually moved, trudging to the stairs and whispering me to follow. I didn't know if I wanted to scream or cry. Fucking Gary. I can't come back here, there's no way. There was no way I can survive with all this hate, I'll probably relapse.

I walked into the dining room with my phone in my hand. Gary growled at me, saying that there should be no phones at the table. Mom and I both ignored him, she asked me who I was texting. As soon as I said Dane, I saw my sister's head raise up from her Lo Mein. Her eyes widened for a brief second before going back to her noodles. The rest of dinner was thankfully quiet. I just wanted to retreat back to the garage.

An hour later, I was lying on the futon, reading an old Stephen King book I found at Shore Heart. It was the only thing I could do to pass the time. I've pawned my laptop, TV, and Xbox and if I have to interact with Gary again, I will fucking lose it. I can't believe that I'm looking forward to going back to Shore Heart.

Getting up to the ancient burial ground, I saw my phone flash. Flipping it open, it was a notification. Shit, Aunt Tess emailed me. With my heart thumping, I opened the email, ready myself for the deserved shit about to be flung my way. She knew I was back in Columbus and that I have tricked Mom into thinking that I have changed. I could feel my eyes tear up as I read her words, she'll always think that I'm scum and that I'll never change.

"Shit," I muttered, throwing my phone away.

---

"Fuck", I muttered as I suddenly awoke. I turned onto my back and looked out of the window. It was still dark out. I rolled onto my side and found what had stirred me from my sleep. A figure lay in front of me, with long hair and wearing a tight tank top. I reached over the figure and flicked on the Christmas lights that I had been using as a lamp.

"Alice?" I groaned, the light burning my eyes.

"Sorry," she softly said, not turning.

I waited for a second, thinking there was an explanation forthcoming. "Why are...?"

"Things are really fucked up," she interrupted, "I just wanted to sleep away from it."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"It's not you," Alice then turned and faced me, "I could hear them arguing about you. Gary really wants you out. And I just couldn't take it anymore."

"But you came here?"

Alice smiled and then opened her mouth, "There's something you should know, it's about Gary. He's been acting so weird, like creepy."

"Creepy? Creepy how?" I felt a sudden build-up of rage. If the words 'touch' or 'peek' came out of my sister's mouth, I will fucking beat Gary to death while he sleeps.

"Not like that," she replied, "he's just so controlling, so overprotective. He thinks I'm his daughter and that he knows best for me. He wants to decide who my friends are, where I should go to college and what I should major. And he wants me to call him Dad."

Fuck, that's really creepy. "What does Mom say?"

"She tries. But Gary has an advantage -- you. Anytime Mom tells him to let me decide for myself, he just throws you back in her face. Saying since you're such a mess, we should listen to him. He even questions her parenting in front of me. It's suffocating."

What an asshole. I always felt that was something weird about his protectiveness over Alice. He would try to keep her isolated from me or anyone else in my family, I guess so that she won't be able to think for herself and just listen to him. I remember when we first met him, in an Olive Garden of all places, he only spoke to her, asking about school and what she wants to become in the future. I was ignored.

"You can't leave," Alice whispered.

"What?" I asked, staring at my sister in disbelief.

"I... we need you to stay. I can't deal with this anymore... by myself, I need your help." Alice was literally pleading with me, "You being in the city will really help me. I need someone I can talk to about this."

"Okay," I immediately said.

I never really done anything for Alice, never took her to school, helped her with homework or done anything that positively contributed in her life. I rolled onto my back, thinking. When my 90 days are up, I'll need a place to live and a job, also get my G.E.D. I know some people who don't want me dead so I could couch-surf for a couple of weeks. Job's going to be hard but doable. Then I'm going to have to deal with Gary, I don't know how or what I can do but I got to do something.

"Max... can I ask you something?" Alice asked, breaking the silence, "You don't have to answer it."

"It's okay," I rolled my eyes and smirked, "I don't think that I'm allowed to keep things from you."

"How did you...why are you... a heroin junkie? I mean not a junkie, an addict I guess," Alice nervously spoke, "I never knew why."

I had to laugh. With all the therapy I've gone through the last month, I came to a realization of my origin story, it's so basic and boring. "Have you seen the news, lately? The opioid crisis that's destroying the country? Overprescribed pain medication due to greedy drug companies and doctors?"

Alice nodded.

"So looking at one of the statistics. Remember when I broke my collarbone skateboarding? That fucking hurt. They gave me oxy, which made me feel great," I grinned at her, "And after Dad died and I shattered my femur, they gave me fentanyl which is fucking insane. It's like 100 times stronger than morphine and super addictive. But it helped me with all the grief."

"And the heroin?"

"When the pills ran out, I started to get withdrawal and heroin is cheaper than oxy."

"Oh," Alice whispered, "So what changed? Why are you taking sobriety so seriously now? Because of me?"

"Partly you, there was some other stuff." I paused and stared at her. She's talking to me now, which I really need right. "Something else happened..."

"Like?"

"I don't think I can tell you."

"Why?" Alice replied, looking annoyed.

"Because you're talking to me," I smirked at her, "This is the first time we've actually talked since I came back. And I like it. I don't want to lose it."

"Was it bad?" Alice asked, smiling for the first time in my direction.

"Yeah," I then chuckled. The actual action felt unbelievable, but the aftermath was painful. I then saw my sister flash me her big eyes. "Actually, you should know everything."

I told her how we met that night, she thought it was on purpose but I explained Ax's plan. Then Aunt Tess and the party, her mouth dropping as I told how I accidentally fucked our aunt. Nervously smiling at her, I took a deep breath and then explained how I got back to the house and Mom caught me in Alice's bedroom. I heard her mutter 'oh fuck' as I told her how Mom dragged me upstairs. Then I laid out Mom's promise and watched her face contort.