All Comments on 'The Accountant's Wife'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

I would have dumped his ass off the yacht, he would have been brought along as cargo not a guest. Her dad and Roger got what they deserved but Romeo would have been removed from the gene pool.

RanDog025RanDog0257 days ago

Excellent story and well written, thanks 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

The writing is good. However I had to push myself to get through this story and even that failed. It was too long and the main character can do nothing wrong and he comes out smelling like a rose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 Stars and i agree with RedRachael . I would not have gone back to the Party for her . I would have gotten the kids and been on a plane that night . Maybe they would all have been better off that way

RedRachaelRedRachaelabout 2 months ago

Beautifully written story. My angst is ‘how does Rebecca get off so easily’. She clearly deceives her husband and has an emotional affair with Marcus. Yes, Marcus is devious but she chooses to continue seeing him socially and hides it from her husband. The group simply seems to skip right over that and she gets a pass. Hmmmm, maybe too much of my own story getting projected into this piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Top story. Top writer. Superbly paced.

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 months ago

I seem to be at odds with everyone, but I thought it. Was a good story gone wrong. It dragged on and on and then at the end it sprinted to quickly to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm aware this was written several years ago, but if you are ever tempted to revisit old stories, you have the foundation fir a hilarious revenge story. The potential scenarios that could be woven ad the 3 protagonists + others (?) Have their world slowly collapse would make for a most entertaining and fun read. With your imagination and writing skills I can only imagine the twists, turns, frustrations and humorous situations our protagonists would find themselves in as the walls slowly close in.

WisquejacWisquejac3 months ago

Fun stuff. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love it when the Good Guys win.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. One of the best LW stories on the site when read on sequence after TWW by same author. Emotionally taut and well written. My only complaint (as some others have pointed out) is while I am for reconciliation in thos story, especially given Marcus' deific seduction skills and the planned ambush on their marriage involving her father, the reconciliation was way too fast. What two days? Umm woukd suspect on real life would be months with some serious arguing, distrust (I mean if he hadn't shown up, she would have torched their marriage), counseling, and lots of contrition on her part. Somehow that is all replaced with talling with another near miss couple that were also prey to Marcus. Still in this story the MC, unlike the MC in TWW, gets even and follows through on his threats. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A well thought out and well written story. Have enjoyed your previous works and this one is now on my list of favorites. Please keep writing, your stories are what makes Literotica worth while.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was much more layered and sophisticated than TWW. Great writing. Suspenseful and thrilling.

Your art is as sensual and romantic as Francesca.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean6 months ago

5-star story. A few things I was kinda surprised by. He had grown up thinking it was acceptable for wives to have lovers outside a marriage, due to his aunts influence. His response was more intense than expected, that considered. Dave and his wife, Zoe, are responsible for allowing this shit to go on . But the writing was smooth and even though it was a 10 page I don't see how you could have told the story any quicker , and honestly I was so enjoying I would have loved to have you expounding on it, and exploring the world you were writing in more my baser nature would have loved to see how Marcus and daddy dearest faired and how they pulled it off. As a dad, I would hope d-Dearest was somehow extorted him in some way, other than greed, to pimp out his child (creepy little fuck). Would love to read more with the accountant pulling strings.

eeseeeesee7 months ago

Who is Ashton from your image page on your website?

eeseeeesee7 months ago

Nice to read.

Building up the tension and expectations is very good done. But then when he gets unexpected to the party I expected firework.

I was disappointed at her level of betrayal. Only his hand around her waist, a kiss, familiar with each other, and a somewhat sexy dress. And there's the possibility they've fucked already.

Is that all?

Becca is an angel coming to her senses only after a talk with woodworkers wife? That's rather unbelievable for an intelligent modern woman lawyer.

Mike is mister perfect from start to end. A gentleman, great lover, entrepreneur and father. He knows it all. And after he finds out her ( only mental?) betrayal it's takes like nothing to get him understanding and loving. It's a bit boring. It's so picture perfect.

What would have rocketed my boat was real betrayal behind the back of her unknowing husband, doing nasty things far beyond the maritial bed. And realising together after the downfall she obviously has needs that Mike cannot fulfil. A mental rollercoaster they have to explore to stay connected to each other.

THX &,

Keep up the good work!

kalash777kalash7777 months ago

I fully agree with the comments which criticize his wife's behavior. I think the author should have developed this line more: she knew of Marcus' reputation from the beginning and seemed to hate him but still found herself in such a situation. Why???

kalash777kalash7777 months ago

A great story - loved it! Please change the board exam to bar exam - that's what we have to take down there.

irinmikeirinmike8 months ago

Good story as it moved along at a solid pace. The part that made it hard for me was characterizing the heroine Rebecca as a high level attorney with alot of experience, yet she falls for a charleton like Marcus? Okay you needed a story line, but making Rebecca look like a teen aged twit was a bit too much for me to swallow. All in all a good story worth reading.

leofric35leofric359 months ago

I also couldn’t stop reading this great story. The whole thing went at a good pace and the characters were believable. I’m glad Marcus got what he deserved even though the final wrapping up seemed a bit rushed. I would also agree that we never got the full story from Rebecca but that’s life, Mike wanted to show his love and accepted her mistakes but made sure he got the bad guy! Thanks for writing

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Riveting story. Literally couldn't stop reading.

Although she didn't have sex with Marcus I definitely don't accept her claim that she didn't betray Mike. She betrayed him on multiple levels and was ready to go all the way until he showed up at the party.

It feels like we never got fully honest answers from her and the forgiveness and reconciliation were definitely way too quick.

Still, with that said. I literally couldn't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

very good read but think he let his wife off to easily. did she do more than she admits to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story for the most part. The financial shenanigans appeared to be realistic and I do so enjoy a bastard getting his just desserts.

However, The Accountant was far too lenient on his wife. It would be bad enough if he & others hadn’t warned her but they did. She went ahead anyway. Stupid, stupid woman. He may still love her but he could never, ever trust her again. I would’ve been checking DNA results on the kids and she would be signing a water tight post-nup.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 1 year ago

5 stars, although I think the ending was a little quick. It would have been nice to see Rebecca confront her dad, MC whisper to Marcus that he put him there, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As soona as I read Blackrandl1958. I came to your comments box. Because of her. I went on furder than reading her name. Sorry. zreo because of her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Anonymous from 8 months ago with comment starting with "Really enjoyed your story..." had an excellent critique. Reconciliation while understandable and more than probable, was too quick. A husband doesn't hear and see what he witnessed at the club and immediately forgive. I am sure talking to David and Zoe helped put things in perspective. But let's be clear. If the MC had not been there that night, Rebecca woukd have slept with Marcus or gotten very close. Close enough that it might have been to late to avoid her having full blown intercourse with Marcus. She had a hotel room there. Yes she provided an excuse and mentioned that car service, which is probably correct that she reserved one. But that coukd.eadli be canceled and she could have stayed in the hotel. Marcus would have seen it as a golden opportunity not to be passed up. Btw what is the ethics of a lawyer sleeping with her client? Pretty sure that is frowned on and could be used as leverage against her. Why would Rebecca stoop to that level? She was a professional. Yes I know the author gives Marcus virtually impossible seduction powers (despite being at best average as a lover on the sack, see Linda from the Woodcarver's Wife), but for a professional attorney, it would be a no-go from the start. It would have been like in the Woodcarver's Wife, if David told Zoe early on that Linda was one of the three women who had an affair with Marcus. Of course in that story he promised Linda to keep it secret (for dubious and infantile reasons that put his own marriage at real jeopardy) so there could be a long story. But here the professional relationship would kill it off from the beginning. So maybe needed a different type of way that they interacted. Of course maybe Rebecca is so dumb as to ignore the ethical guidelines of her profession and possible disbarrment, because yeah Marcus is that amazing a seducer. Anyways, Rebecca can say nothing happened but kissing. But she had a building emotional affair, with dating behavior, then in the last week things got more torrid, until it got to thr point that the hired help though she and Marcus were husband and wife or at least lovers. And while she was upset and angry that her husband would not be there when she thought she would be announced senior partner, she was also really angry when he shows up catching her red-handed. Thr fact that she had a hotel room there to stay the night semester to trump that she had a car service reservation. If he didn't show up, there was a high likelihood that she woukd have fcuked Marcus that night. Or at least had oral sex like Kay the pianist in Trials of Love with Nigel. Just kidding since in that story somehow extramarital oral sex is not full blown adultery (whatever). So yeah given all that was happening and the machinations of Roger, Marcus, and her father Conrad, most of it for money and partly for Marcus's ego, and of course his cosmic level seduction skills (with at best average bedroom skills), Rebecca should be forgiven. But a two day reconciliation. Umm no. This woukd take time to talk out. Of course hearing from another couple rhat went through the same things helps. But doesn't compress it to just a couple of days. She was clearly lovey-dovey with a lot of PDA, lot of touching, some kissing, and a lot of romantic talk with Marcus before getting caught. How woukd a husband believe that it woukd.not have ended up in her hotel room that night. Good luck with that. She would nit get the benefit of the doubt especially since it had been escalating. And if not that night woukd have gone far enough that no way she doesn't fuck Marcus behind the MC's back soon, probably over the holidays. David only fought him off in the Woodcarver's Wife by having her only meet with Marcus when he was in the same building or accompanying her to a club or restaurant. The MC got lucky coming back early by one day. Pure coincidence that he saved his marriage. There is no way that gets glossed over and they would discuss and argue over that for weeks if not months. Many couples would need counseling but maybe that is in part obviate by talking to another couple who were hit with the same marriage attack. Good story. But reconciliation was trivialized. Real.life.is more messy. Did like how the MC stood up.to Conrad and took swift action with the kids and delivered a scathing ultimatum. He also followed through on his threat to Conrad to burn down thr company. Well done. 5 stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I laughed a lot! 5/5 stars.

jopstorm (1945)

(not the world's best accountant, only Norways)

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

I'll never understand these stories, wherein a very intelligent woman lets herself be manipulated by an obvious asshole like Marcus. Especially after being spoken to about him, by her husband. What a monumental ego such a woman must possess . As well as utter disdain for her husband... Without such a character flaw; the story does not work.... 2 stars for glorifying such an ass as Marcus.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

Another great read.

Well plotted. Great character development. Beautifully choreographed. And worthy of top marks.

I can imagine thi story being developed as a screenplay. It would make a great film with the right direction and production.

Thank you for sharing it with us, Andyhm.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

Good story . Keep um coming and thank you

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

One very good story, proof of which is me reading it again. Very good. I think this author ranks right up ther with the likes of Blackrandl1958 and Todd and others. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another 5. Hopefully Marcus is getting all the vigorous fucking he so justly deserves.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

As Marcus was such a villain and caused so much strife, a little more time could have been spent detailing his demise. 2 paragraphs at the end didn’t seem enough, I really wanted him to hurt. He got under my skin too. Grrr .. Lol.

However, still a great read and justice did prevail. Cheers

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A good story that moved right along, oh, one thing...............WOMEN!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Michael is an asshole. He was willing to think the absolute worst of his wife and divorce her if she slept even once with Marcus. In the interim he's banging the shit out of Francesca and will continue to do so in the future. He doesn't deserve his wife; just a totally selfish bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was really fun to read, especially after reading about the woodworker. You kept me guessing if that weasel was going to be a successful seducer. Justice prevailed and the bad guys got their just desserts. Thank you for some first class literary entertainment.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written but implausible. I realize that the story is Andyhm’s to tell, but I feel it’s too long. This story could have likely been told in five pages without stripping much meat off the bone. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Brilliant story, definitely one of your best

Scores 5/5

backgar12backgar12over 1 year ago

Excellent story - well constructed!

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

It took a while to get him, but it was worth the wait. Nicely done. I enjoyed it , even through some minor rough spots.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

fascinating story. why are so many women gullible to slick pussy hounds? Guess it's because it's a popular theme or a male fantasy, or 50% of all marriages end up in divorces. Still don't know why he wanted Rebecca so bad as he certainly wasn't going to marry and live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Couldn't stop reading; GREAT !!

Why can't the movie industry pick up a story like this instead of just explosions & car chases for the men & marriages & babies for the women?

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

Great story, well told. The highest compliment I can pay the author is how much this reminded me of a good Dick Francis novel. I’ll be reading more from Andyhm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your story and the woodworker story before this one. The one problem I had with it was how quickly Rebecca was forgiven. I don't know of many men whose wife did what Rebecca did that are going to forgive her in a day or two. Especially after what he heard and saw at the party. Multiple people warned Rebecca about Marcus including her husband and she ignored that advice. Why?? Because she enjoyed the fact that Marcus was interested in her. She's not some naive 16 year old, she's a grown woman, with 2 kids, and is smart enough to become a lawyer. She fell for Marcus's smooth talking because she liked it. She did in fact cheat on Micheal both emotionally and physically. No, she didn't have sex with Marcus, that we know, but that seemed to be about the only thing she didn't do. If the staff at the party thought Marcus was her husband or lover she's way over the husband smell test and did way more than a normal husband would put up with. I have no problem with them reconciling but in two days?? Way too unrealistic to me.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Wow. Great story by a very skilled writer.

Regarding the plot line. In real life I do not think the wife would have lied and acted stupid as she did. But it made just one hell of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story.

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

I don't understand how the husband could simply gloss over the horrible behaviour and keep the wife that easily.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Glad to see Marcus getting his. Yay! I'm out of adjectives. Such a fine, fine story.

Can I suggest something which might explain why excellent writers so often have basically good women getting bamboozled into infidelity? Think Genesis chapter two and three. They aren't dumb, but there is shall we say a tendency to think (it's so un-PC!) that women can have a uniquely feminine (relatively) higher degree of vulnerability to particularly slick, deceitful liars?

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

I’m sorry if this sounds harsh but any woman that fell for some con artists bullshit would immediately be devalued in my eyes. The moment she said he made me question my love for you… that would have made my love for her diminish. With all the options that Mike has it would have made a easier transition to single parent with his support network and still get revenge on everyone. The lying alone woulda been enough for me.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 2 years ago

I'm glad Marcus got what he deserved. Sylvia should be getting some punshment too.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

I was so glad to see Marcus finally get what he deserved. I enjoyed both stories very much. These takes of love and intrigue have such a wonderful pace to them. This author does a great job of creating the scenes with both love and tension for the characters that it draws you into the story.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago
All's well that ends well

ESPECIALLY for the asshole Marcus.

danbo56danbo56over 2 years ago

I have read both stories back to back great stories +5 stars for me can't be bothered with the moaners enjoyable read you are an author that i look out for now i enjoy your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Without trying to dissect the story to justify my acceptance of Mike taking Rebecca back I say that all the legal and hacking part of the story was distracting,

Also, this is the story that led me to the Woodworker's Wife story and grabbed my attention with the need to read more from Andyhm. I'm glad the intro recommended that we start there although it did set the stage to see how the susceptible wife was going to react to slime ball's seduction efforts.

Karn9Karn9over 2 years ago

Great story well played out, nice read. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but Rebecca cheated and lied. Maybe she didn't have sex with Marcus maybe she did. No way of proving she didn't. She cheated both emotionally and physically. She cheated emotionally by letting Marcus get way too close to her even after she had been warned by multiple people. She admits to cheating physically by holding hands, kissing, dirty dancing etc. Was there more?? Who knows. Really no way of ever proving she didn't have sex with him. So using the afore mentioned questionable long running activities there's no way a man would reconcile with her in a day or two. I guess those couple of fucks she gave him really won him over to let bygones be bygones. Not with me. She's going to have to earn my respect and trust back. And it's going to take a whole lot more than a couple of fucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stumbled across this writer for like the fifth time. The first story was pretty good. The second one was this sounds familiar. Every story is like deja vu. It's the exact same plot, over and over. Have you had some issue like this in your life and you write the same story 20 times as some sort of therapy? I gave the first one five stars. This one gets two for being a repeat of the same tired cliche.

notdumnotdumalmost 3 years ago

(Another) Great story. I think I’ve read all your entries now. Wish there was more. Best of luck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She rolled onto her back, turning her face towards mine. "Are we good?" She whispered.

"We are," I replied...

And that seems to be about the sum total of their infidelity discussions, other than it was all Marcus's fault and a few brief apologies. Otherwise she was basically just a naïve victim of a predator and unable to make a rational appraisal of the man's moral compass.

You write really well and your stories are very interesting. However, you do not seem to understand that recovery from infidelity takes on average 2-5 years not a couple of days and some hysterical bonding. She was unfaithful both emotionally and physically (kissing / holding hands, dirty dancing etc etc) even if they did not have PIV sex.

This form of reconciliation seems to be common in all your stories. Something to think about. I like reconciliation but there has to be true remorse and accountability for the unfaithful partner's actions rather than "all is forgiven" with no real discussions.

5* nevertheless. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

10 pages of arrogance, perfect people. Gods it was a total slog. I understand why it rated well, it's rather juvenile while pretending to be more. You can also tell the author was so impressed with himself that he wrote 10 pages only to realize she forgot to actually create an ending. Like all lazy "organic writers" they ultimately get bored or hit a deadline and have to finish. That is why you end up with a conclusion that is unsatisfying. They don't know how to develop an arc. If they have one it's by accident or they have leaned to edit after the fact. This is obvious a no or crappy edit job.

Regardless of what the others have said, it wasn't good because you didn't plan for your ending and your writing is arrogant. You write in absolutes and your heroes are perfect. This maybe a 3 because it's way too long, unrefined and entirely unapproachable from a realism perspective. -starsong1977

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

A very well done story

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 3 years ago

I read this years ago, and it is still great. The restaurant scene really gets my heart pounding. The “everyone knows it’s a seduction except her” scenario is one of my favorites, and this author is a master. I need to go through the rest of his work and see if there is ever a dark ending, or (I hope) there is another similar story. Seduction of bimbos is boring. Seduction of truly loving wives is what hits the high water mark in this category. life is too short to reread too many stories, but this one is worth it.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

10 stars.....intriguing plot.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Liked that you tied this into The Woodworkers Wife. Glad to see Marcus taken down permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rushed Ending

I came back to reread this as part of going back through all of Andy’s stories. He is clearly a legend and a top author on Literotica, but I see two opportunities:

- Editing - I see more typos in his stories than probably any other legend.

-Endings - Many of his endings feel rushed, but this story is probably the worst. 10 pages, and it all wraps up in literally the last half page.

The reader becomes invested in the stories and the characters, and while I like the happy endings he gives, they could really be developed a lot more. In this case, the hackers discover the information, and then it basically fast forwards and summarizes the end. I would have loved to see an in-person confrontation with Conrad, Roger, and Marcus, and their reactions.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Another great one! As I started to read it I was wondering whether Marcus would get his comeuppance this time or not. You did foreshadow Dave's plan to take him down but it may have been more fun to have him make a run at "Mandy" and have her "father" take care of him...LOL 5*

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

another gem and quite a thrilling read 5*

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Hmmmm..... a bit more intense than some of you other LW tales. The ending ... “poof!! he fell of a hastily concocted cliff. The End.”

I really want to like your stories. Good beginning, nice build, ending does a waffle.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

It’s nice to see that Marcus bastard

finally caught and in jail. I was pissed

that there was no retribution in the

last story (The Woodworker’s Wife) he

appeared in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story telling but the ending could have been better

All that work building the characters on to make a fantasy ending. The setting up of the wife by the father to be seduced by Marcus. A women with 2 children a devoted husband and was warned. Seemed a bad stretch. Then the 2 internet hackers breaking in and take down the whole crew.Bullshit . Then he gets her pregnant with no3. A fairy tale ending that you could have made more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I did enjoy this story it was good didn't get the wife but got prison time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The author

is obviously a feminized male. Weak MC, and the women are almost all Xenia The Warrior Princess - pure fantasy. Women in large affirmative action numbers destroy professions. Not one of the women on the USSC, for example, was even a second rate practicing attorney, and not one has a competent legal mind. And the wife was cheating, and although it may not have been physically consummated, the implication was there it it might well have been is the MC hadn't shown up. She paid no real price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A cliff like ending

For a story steeped in character and plot development the ending , abrupt to say the least, doesn't fit. So much more could have been with it. Good bones, poor finish!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Sure What I Think

Fantasy. I get that a middle class Marcus just wouldn't have the resources to pull his seductions off. And opportunity - The fact that these guys are always nothing more than opportunists in real life. They really can't seduce any woman they like. But they can always find one to seduce.

So, a few stretches of reality and a bit of Ian Fleming where everyone's Super wealthy and powerful (part of what I think makes Carvohi brilliant is his ability to use Normal People). But compelling enough protagonists for us to hang with the story. And maybe that's what it's all about anyway. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ending was rushed

and the lying cheating cunt received no punishment

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent!

Well written, very good plot, and the ending was good!

I especially loved the team flying down to join the models, I would suggest the models rewarded the pair for all their great investigative work.

Well done, it was appropriately very hot at times!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yes, Anonymous, the quality of the writing is good...

But the quality of the wife is not! For an educated career woman, she behaved like all the other LW sluts: keeping secrets, feeling sorry for herself, trusting the wrong people, ignoring her prior opinion of the guy on the make and enjoying her seduction, and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: forgetting the man to whom she was married!

If it takes you as a husband to be present to get in her face, threatening to walk away forever, to secure her fidelity, you don't WANT her for a wife!

My advice: no matter what class the woman is from and how much education she has, don't go near her without a ten-foot pole, much less marry her, when she has a reputation for being with/being attracted to bad boys. You cannot provide a lifetime of that kind of excitement.

But no! Our hero starts calling her "Love" and sleeping with her at the drop of a hat, telling everything's going to be all right! Fool!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The Quality of the Story is Too High for LW

A very fine job of plotting and writing. This is easily better by a great deal than 98% or so of LW stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Second thoughts

Almost quit reading on page 5. I am happy I continued reading the story. Gave it a 5 star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well-written good story but totally implausible regarding Marcus-Rebecca

As good was the writing, I just could not believe that a high-powered attorney and mother of two could possibly have gotten personally involved with Marcus, especially after she recognized that Marcus was a creepy seducer. Perhaps there is some explanation, but there was nothing in the story to explain Rebecca's decision to play with Marcus. That absence drags down the entire story.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
I liked it.

I was a bit uneasy about how easy it was for him to trust her. There were sympathy triggers to do so but. She was prewarned and knew it really bothered her husband that she was around him. Plus she was a lawyer. Even the most administrative lawyers I have met are always analyzing and observing she was an adult and should see this a mile away even if it is slick after all the warnings.

If she was to be trusted her behavior wouldn't be right at pre-adultery.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Second read

This is a long one, but I'm into Andyhm tonight and I wanted to read it again. Glad husband had a top notch team to bring Malcolm and his conspirators down. It was still a close thing. Good long story, ultimately satisfying.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
I know

Its a great story if I get mad at one of the characters......lol. great piece of work.5

JackToffJackToffover 5 years ago

You’ve woven a gripping story. Masterfully paced and chock-full of suspense. Probably the highest praise I can give is that I glossed over the sex scenes to continue on with the story. Thanks for sharing this gem.

AndyhmAndyhmover 5 years agoAuthor
Re. US city’s and public transportation @borota

The comment I made in the story about public transportation, has unfortunately taken on a life of its own. Over the past 20 years I have stayed in numerous American cities, primarily for business, usually for a minimum of a week. It has been my experience that while all cities do have some form of transportation system, they are rarely as extensive as the one I experience in Europe (possibly due to the spread out nature of most American cities). From a foreign visitors perspective (and that how I was writing the story) US public transportation doesn’t usually go where I want to go, at a time I need to travel. Yes there are a few exceptions, and I mentioned the ones I’ve discovered. That’s why I usually hire cars, or take taxis in most cities.

Andyhm

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@borota

No. You're wrong.

There are almost 20,000 cities in America. While almost all "major" municipalities have some sort of mass transit they are a small percentage of that 20,000.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Took awhile

A long and winding road, but Marcus and his friends got their just reward. Another long, detailed story that takes its time getting to the end. But it was a satisfying end. I hope Dave and Zoe from TWWW heard of Marcus' final fall.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Great story about a hopelessly naive wife and a loving husband.

I'm glad the husband managed to save the silly tart from herself, as well as ruin all the assholes that had tried to fuck with his marriage. Especially satisfying was destroying Rebecca's father... pimping out his daughter to bail himself out, what a piece of shit.

Oh and great to see Marcus get turned into his cellmates' bitch. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@shwanze re 'Drab'

Yes, 'nobody cares'-that's why there are 100 comments.

You sure didn't miss the opportunity to make yourself look dumb!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Glad

Marcus got his due in this virtual universe.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Drab

Nobody cares.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
doesn't matter

Whether she slept with him or not. The trust was destroyed and her loss of respect was obvious. She was warned repeatedly. She thought she knew better. The deceit went on for over a month.

The last statement from Mike after the others paid their price should have been to Rebecca. While he still loved her she had destroyed the trust and her lack of respect is in repairable. We will always be our kids parents but you will never be my wife again. I wish you best in your relationships. I will not be one of them.GOODBYE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Betrayal

I don't for a minute believe Rebecca hasn't been in Marcus's bed she admitted at the party she behaved like his lover she has lied and deceived Mike so why believe she hadn't gone further she only said that to save her marriage and the break up of her family even running after the taxi was done for the same reason she has had ample opportunity for for adulterous behaviour it is surprising that a successful lawyer couldn't see through Marcus or maybe she did and liked his attention I wonder what Mike would do if he subsequently found out she was unfaithful. Another well written story though I agree with other comments that the ending was a bit quick after a long approach certainly a class above a lot of other stories written on here hope we get more from same author

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Excellent and Enthralling Tale

Personally I find it difficult to excuse Rebecca's behavior. She was playing with fire and did not know where the gasoline was hidden by her father. The father really showed all his cards to the son-in-law He should have been worried about how many of his clients would come away from the party with the impression that the new senior partner was an adultera and a slut.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 6 years ago
Rebecca

is unbelievable; she cheated on him with impunity, totally; we have only her words to believe that nothing happened between her and Marcus. Her father pimped her out with her full consent under the guise of work; work doesn't entail going to escort someone the husband warned out; work doesn't concerning sharing wine or dancing or kissing and the penetration didn't happen is a mere technicality; she betrayed him, period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

5* excellent story!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
2036 Followers
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...