All Comments on 'The Assassian Ch. 01'

by sexy_chick69

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Homework

If you are to write about Assassians with firearms, please do some research. A .38 is a revolver caliber. Revolvers can not be silenced due to gap between the cylinder and the barrel.

Nice writing style and pace, but the glaring oops brought my reading up short

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ignore the comment about silencers

You can put a silencer on anything short of artillery. Snipers in Iraq and Afghanistan use 50 cal rifles as snipers and I can assure the other commenter that handheld fully automatic weapons can have silencers.

What I did not like was spelling the Title differently than in the story. There are only 2 a's in the word.

grob39zgrob39zover 15 years ago
Nice srtart.

I agree with Jim. The caliber should have been somthing like .380,9mm etc. which are semi auto loads. A .38 is strictly a revolver which can't be silenced. You can put one on like they do on tv but you'd need the sound effects dept. to do any good. A revolving cylinder cannot be silenced due to the gap between barrel and cylinder allowing gases(ie: noises)to escape. Gary

patricia51patricia51over 15 years ago
Haven't read the story but...

but the comments caught my eye and I wanted to put in my two cents worth. Once upon a time S&W DID make an Semi- automatic chambered for 38 special. I think it was the model 52 but that was a good 20/25 years ago. It was strictly for target competition, as the magazine only held 5 rounds and the only ammunition it was designed to feed was the full wad cutter (a rotten man stopping round indeed, made to cut round holes in paper targets. A more likely round, if the story only said "38" would have been the Colt Government Model chambered for .38 Super ( round long obsolete but a pretty powerful round.

I know this is all irrelevant but hey, as an ex law-enforcement officer and gun nut I like discussing them (What? A girl can't have fun with guns?). A good assasin's weapon would be the old Ruger MK II in 22 Long Rifle although PLEASE not the stupid way Antonio Bandares used them in "Assasins" (What an AWFUL movie).

Pardon me sexy_chick for wandering off your story itself.

Starscream_UKStarscream_UKover 15 years ago
Tone...

I don't want to sound like I'm being picky...but surely the tone of the piece is more relevant than the technical accuracy of it - you could attach a soda bottle to the end of a revolver and it will work as a silencer for 3-4 shots but that's not the point.

The point is that the tone and characterisation of the work was excellent in my opinion. The technical specifications of things like that aren't really that important.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Did you give up?

-What makes this Sci-Fi and where's the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disappointing

The least the author could've done was add something to make it an appropriate submission to Literotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous