The Best of Friends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ron, of course, didn't sleep with them. He spent the rest of the night in the guest room, at first finding it impossible to fall asleep, then drifting off deeply. In the morning Eileen made breakfast. Their son was there and happy to see that "Uncle Ron" had spent the night. And Ron did his best to act as if nothing had changed.

It was right before Ron left that he and Eileen found themselves alone. In retrospect, maybe she had purposely set this up so they could talk. Up close her eyes were so intense, and she seemed flustered and maybe even a bit ill-at-ease.

"I just wanted to let you know," she hushed, "that I would never think of doing such a thing as ... as ... you know ... if Paul wasn't here."

This was like the proverbial ton of bricks, as suddenly Ron realized she feared he might now come calling sometime when Paul was away. Taken aback, as cheating on his friend was the last thing he would have ever considered, in response, Ron could only nod, at a loss for anything to say.

And now, as we drove along, Ron told me he could still recall everything about that moment when Eileen confessed her love and fidelity to Paul. Ron said it defined his experience of that unforgettable night. She loved Paul, and Paul loved her. Yes, she had shared herself sexually. And naked atop her on their bed, Ron had experienced an intimacy with her as powerful as it was profound. After all, she was a woman, and he was a man. Even if they would never kiss, they had fucked; there could be no getting around that. But Eileen's kisses were for Paul, her husband, and not for Ron. After all, it was with Paul that she had experienced their first date, their first kiss, and they were still very much in love.

And for me, as exciting as Ron's story was sexually, it was all such a wonderful revelation. To this day I admire Eileen and Paul for what they were able to hold on to with each other, even as they so openly shared everything that there is to give. Eileen gave of herself, and Paul gave of himself just as deeply in that they both invited a friend into their bed. And according to Ron, besides the passion, besides the intimacies shared and the memories to be embraced for the rest of his life, the best of it was that they were still able to remain ... the best of friends.