All Comments on 'The Burglar'

by Limeyracer

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Wow

That was a strange fucking tale. It seems they all were fucking. Each other. Interesting read.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 9 years ago
Well That Was Different

Nice story. Not a fan of cheating but laughed so hard when it turns out they were all cheating. Too funny. Thanks for the post. Was a fun read. 4*'s.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Where's the love?

As far as I can tell, no one loves anyone in this story or even feels affection for them. And the HYPOCRISY. The Sally character in particular is something else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
'wheres the love' bleats the moron 27

It's up yo ass comes the reply. Amusing charade of a tale, thanks for writing. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hard to understand relatively high scores for this guy.

Only explanation is that the author is "cooking the books." Deleting low scores.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
I agree with @Twentyseven...

I agree with @Twentyseven...What a mess...And Sally the one that cheated first thought she was an angel...Then she again wanted to punish her husband and cheated again...and even after that she thought she was the victim...Really I don't understand why the lover wanted to marry her...She was a cheater at heart...Of course the solution found was the worst possible!!!! That would never happen...This story should be called: " The cheaters"!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well this was just stupidity run amok.

Did any of them have the IQ of a pea? When you create characters that behave in such an inane manner your whole story goes down the drain. This mess simply wasn't worth the time spent reading it. Just plain awful.

LimeyracerLimeyracerover 9 years agoAuthor
It's just a STORY..!!

As the author, let me say that the story was just "dreamed up"... However, regarding Anonymous #2 - are we talking about the same story..? Where'd the 18-year old come in? Masters and Slaves..? Are you sure you're not confusing some BDSM tale with this..?? It was two couples - one pair of which had been screwing for at least a year, so that Sally & Jack were reacting to the predicament they'd been faced with...

However, glad that some of you were amused - an ending that I always try for in my stories, so thanks for the approvals... Stu Roberts..

LimeyracerLimeyracerover 9 years agoAuthor
THANKS NELLA

To Nella M... Somehow your comments came through on my e-mail address..?? However, glad that you liked the story and I appreciate your candidness; the effects you received I consider as a 'bonus'...Regards. Stu.

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
It reads like a "Dumb and Dumber" plot... with sex.

That made me laugh my ass off! I'm not usually a fan of lowbrow humor or cheating, swinging, swapping, or whatever. But this one delivered in the "Dumb and Dumber" vein, which was funny as hell. I have to agree with a couple of comments. The IQ of these characters has to be in the low double or high single digits for this to happen. I could just see Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as the husbands, too. LOL

Hell, I'm still chuckling at the nonsense in this tale!

5 Laughing Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: It's just a STORY..!!

If it's just a story – which amounts to saying it doesn't mean anything, that it’s inconsequential – why are you defending it?

<P>

It’s just a story! Wow, what a revelation! You must have never, ever, had a moment when you've read a story, watched a movie, when you had a “What a minute” moment. That must be true, or your “It’s just a story” excuse is simplistic, superficial, and hypocritical.

<P>

You posted a story and people commented on it, some positive, some negative. Welcome to the real word. “It’s just a story” does NOT make you immune to criticism. The moment you publish a story, it’s open season for the good and the bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a bunch of morons

I just wish she had shot him.

LimeyracerLimeyracerover 9 years agoAuthor
IT'S JUST A STORY - PART DEUX...

The reason I wrote the "defense" (below) was that some of the criticism was not defending per se, simply advising some of the "Anonymous" critics not to take it too seriously. It's as if some readers - usually Anonymous - get all caught up in trying to analyze the characters and what Fate should befall them...sometimes quite viciously. I can take it; having been a professional advertising copywriter for longer than I care to remember, I'm used to being torn apart quite frequently...

I wrote it from some actual lifetime experience and hoped it would be amusing with the "twist at the end"... If it amused/aroused you, great! If you thought it was crap, that's okay too! I only wanted Sally & Jack to finally get it on, when their partners had been cheating for some length of time... (the Comeuppance!)...

To those who didn't like - erm, sorry To those who did - Thanks! SR

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3 for being different

But too far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Swingin and willing cuckold stories

are not erotic. Moving On. Sorry I even wasted my time with this trash.Won't happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fun

This is a classic bedroom farce with extra sex. Laugh it off, it's worth 5*. OK some won't understand it, but there you are.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
To Anonymous from moron 27

Why are you so fixated with my ass?

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
the 2nd phase is only temporary

now that they have shared all and switched partners and houses, all we are left with are two couple who cheated on each other, and will again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Meh.....it was difficult to buy-in to the decidedly American setting......

....in the midst of the decidedly "across the pod" verbiage.

If you want to dazzle, it's OK for one character to present as an

British expatriate, but at least some of the other characters have to present clearly as locals....unless you explicitly say they are all expatriated from Surrey and Downs or some such mechanism to justify the "Britishisms" that pervade your writing.

I can tell you tried....but it was not a success in that regard, really.

Some help from an editor, or some lingual modeling to "Americanize" your characters' speech patterns would be an effort worthy of you and your otherwise engaging writing.

Please understand. It is not meant as a critics, of either your writing or your stories that I lay here at your feet....but an indictment of you failure to either justify or overcome the displaced speaking of the characters and the settings you create for them.

This would be an enormous effort, I'm sure, but without some mechanism to close the breach, you will always have this against you.

I did not take the time to address any other types of concerns with the story, because in the face of this bigger dilemma, they were too trivial to bother.

Except one thing....Sally's discovery that her husband has known of her post party perfidy for over a year is not sufficient cause for her response. And Tom joining in....it's all out of proportion against the scant justification of "we were drunk and it just happened"...... Yeah, twice.

I think Jack keeping his knowledge of their "weak moment" secret committed a far, far smaller crime than Tom and Sally's keeping their infidelity secret. The only thing in balance was that Jack and Anne got busy that same night.....and carried on. Now That would justify some angry response from both Tom and Sally. But you missed that more natural opportunity for the obvious and manufactured anger from Sally.

Um one other little bit. Tying him up while they fuck was unlawful restraint and coupled with the physical trauma from her defensive attack....is a felony.

It makes it seem a little more farce than fun fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
By the ninth paragraph, it was too stupid to continue. Doubt if I missed anything.

Smart enough to own a gun, but too stupid to dial 911 as soon as she knew she had an intruder? He's looking down the barrel of a Glock in the hands of a very scared person, and he's thinking how good she looks in a nightgown? She has as weapon capable of placing several rounds in his chest from 20 yards in 2 seconds, but she walks within his reaching distance. And when he attacks she doesn't fire, she uses her weapon like a rock? The only Mexican Standoff is between the author and the readers who think this story makes any sense: who's dumber?

horny_gurl55horny_gurl55about 8 years ago
stupid

sooooooooo fucking stupid story

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Really

Really, one of the dumbest stories that I have ever read. WTF were you thinking?

Ray RobertsRay Robertsabout 4 years ago
A sexy farce, if you like that sort of thing

The story is well told and nothing more than the farce it depicted. You either like it or not depending on one's expectations. The humor overtakes the sex in this story so it is not one that I would normally read, however it does not deserve all the negativity it received in these comments. I enjoyed it for what it was and I say again it was very well written and worthy of 5*

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****Cute story very entertaining read no one got hurt!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

pure horse shit ,plus two whores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After a thousand same-old, same-old, cheating stories, I liked this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Many may laugh, but I personally know 2 couples where close to the same thing occurred, all except for the burgler part. I give it a 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLimeyracer@Limeyracer
English born - Married Sandy in '64 - and still together..!! Ex-Copywriter for Advertising & Promotion. Heavily into Classic Cars of all types & ages, though preferring old MGs above all: Got into writing Erotica back in '94 (for a bet), and have "gone on from there..." I lik...