All Comments on 'The Coming of the Spell Caster'

by Estcher

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
rayironyrayironyover 1 year ago
You are an accomplished writer

and i thank you for indulging us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice setup! I like having all the chapters in one story! 5 stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great fantasy writer

jcus0511jcus0511over 1 year ago

Read this first book when it was all separate chapters. I think it is better combined into a single piece. While this is a great intro to Daniel & his adventures I lean towards the second book a little more. Just the same though Esther is a fine writer who makes sitting down to read their work a joy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you. It was a very enjoyable read. Can’t wait to read the second book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun read. Could use a touch more editing. Definitely keep writing.

cleareyedguycleareyedguyover 1 year ago

This was terrific. I loved the creation of an alternative world, or a historic re-creation, or whatever this is, and I loved the fact there was minimal explanation of the world, just a moderate amount of personal explication, mostly from Daniel’s perspective. I love the fact that the characters’ experiences address prior traumas. I love the fact that the people don’t seem like 21st century North Americans. Scratch the surface of the main characters, and it’s not just the clothes and furniture that evoke a different world; the people are trusting, nice, but severe when certain buttons are pushed—though maybe the author is just channeling her inner Canadianhood. And the interesting combination of their being kinda old school naive (as in, really old school) but fully human. And that doesn’t even get to the sex, which is hot. By the way, I thought the editing was excellent—this would have taken a LOT of rewriting (assuming Lana’s not learned a writing charm), and nothing distracted me while I was reading it—kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It has been a great pleasure to read this story, the way you are developing the plot and characters reminds me of how my favourite mainstream sci-fi and fantasy writers.

Please keep up the good work.

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 1 year ago

Great Read... Great Story.. Great Characters.. keep going

Jaekart51Jaekart51over 1 year ago

So far, this story has definitely brought me the pleasure of being a truly different type and style of storytelling.

To me, the different characters are believable, in that they start at a beginning point, then progress as they learn different things about themselves. Combining a lot of chapters into one tale makes for a long, but pleasant read.

Just like finding a decent novel at a bookstore, it is a complete storyline, if it has sequels, so much the better. My largest dread on Lit is finding a story that stops in the middle of the story. It happens all too frequently. 5 stars so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I fucking loved this first book as you said the sex was a bit to much and I skimmed over some of it to get to the meat per se of the story but it is an erotic series so not bitching. Can't wait to read book two

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Highly entertaining with a unique approach to character interaction unlike others on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

More Grace than the PLEASE!?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Previously wrote that I was enjoying this story

While not expecting Quinton to be a paragon of “woke” virtue ( thank God) I did find this exchange alittle off.

Grace. Probably because people keep killing them."

Quinton. "Ah, well, yes. You can't trust a witch, they say. Ha-ha! Never suffer one to live! Ha!"

If I was one of the girls or our hero I think I would have had more of a reaction. Like what the hell is this place you have brought us to? Or is Quentin being facetious ha ha.?

Still a great tale and a marvellous diversion.

RatnorareRatnorare12 months ago

Brilliant story! Love it. I can’t wait to read the next one!

bhojobhojo11 months ago

Oh my God ! I love love love love it!

EM_Lockiel_51EM_Lockiel_519 months ago

Loved reading this story absolutely amazing very hard to keep your nose out of this story kept me very interested excellent writing please keep it up. now I have to read the 2nd part to this wonderful story.

abiostudent3abiostudent39 months ago

Honestly, this sex story would function a lot better with less sex and more plot. It was to the point that I was skipping pages of sex scenes to get to the point.

JimDiamondJimDiamond8 months ago

I usually do not like such things, but God that was not just good but fucking great. I have commented before that you are a true "story teller" and "Dream Weaver". With my people Dream Weavers are the ones who can weave the dreams of he people like threads into the fabric of reality. Thank you Darlin' for another fun story!

Richard1940Richard19407 months ago

I'm glad you enjoyed writing this as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I think you are right, there is enough story for sex not to have to quite so prominent. 5*

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucit5 months ago

Love the story in between the 8 pages of straight sex.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation5 months ago

LO, if those were the old ratings, you wuz robbed.

Can't wait for the next part.

HuckleBerriedHuckleBerried5 months ago

Amazing. I don’t know how I missed this, but it is spectacular and I’m hooked!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure how I missed this before now.

I rated it a four only because some of the sex scenes got in the way of the story - I found myself skimming over them and suddenly realized I'd just bypassed two pages. If not for that I'd have rated it a five.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That had me shook ..

Delightful writing.

That ending was spectacular.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca4 months ago

Freaking excellent. What a wonderful romp through a fantastical world of witchcraft and sorcery. Looking forward to Book 2. Many thanks for sharing your talent.

goo_neiggoo_neig4 months ago

Thank you for writing this story.

WisquejacWisquejac3 months ago

Great stuff. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks.

LovereadingyoursLovereadingyours2 months ago

Keep up the great work.

JAYZAKHELERYTHEMJAYZAKHELERYTHEM26 days ago

Really enjoyed this one great job💕

janus48janus4825 days ago

Good story and good writing! Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

mfbridgesmfbridges23 days ago

Honestly this should have been published. It's phenomenal!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEstcher@Estcher
The completed Spell Caster trilogy arc is complete and published on Literotica, Smashwords, and Amazon. And in case you were not aware, The Schooling of the Spell Caster won third place in the November 2022 Reader Awards under Sci-Fi/Fantasy. That was pretty cool. And it was ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES